PDA

View Full Version : The Grammys

AestheticLife
01-31-2010, 08:52 PM
I usually could care less, but Pink's performance was amazing.

radamanthys
01-31-2010, 09:02 PM
I'm gonna go ahead and agree. I managed to turn it on just before she started, and I'm glad I did. That was awesome.

Drisco
01-31-2010, 09:49 PM
It was pretty awesome! Very original.

Here it is for those who missed it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dE3izeu64s

AestheticLife
01-31-2010, 09:58 PM
WTF is with the shitty redneck country idiots beating Hilson and Silversun Pickups?

To top it off, we were subjected to the crappy "legend" who very apparently ripped off his entire career from the assorted black men his record label had locked in the cellar, ramming his brand of bullshit jazz down our throat while said redneck country idiots provided their best Bobcat Goldthwait impersonation.

What a horrible turn this has taken.

TheEschaton
01-31-2010, 10:42 PM
Ummm, her song is very Ani DiFranco circa 1994, with piano and whore-ness added.

4a6c1
01-31-2010, 10:54 PM
LLCOOLJmmmz

AestheticLife
01-31-2010, 11:33 PM
Ummm, her song is very Ani DiFranco circa 1994, with piano and whore-ness added.

Whore-ness? That was the single most inherantly elegant thing I've personally witnessed involving any form of transparent bodysuits. Beyonce's grinding and crap was more 'whorish' than anything Pink showed, and for once, I'm not suprised.

On the plus side, we finally saw Beyonce flat out own a stage, if only to give it away to the best live, televised performance of the last five years or so. She (Beyonce) may actually have a career when she's fifty and her body has rejoined reality, and tonight may be recognized as one of the moments that made that clear-ish.

...and I thought Green Day did fairly well... Their performance should go down as one of the best footnotes ever.

TheEschaton
01-31-2010, 11:49 PM
I'm not saying she's a whore, just more whore-ish than Ani DiFranco.

Sean
02-01-2010, 12:06 AM
What's with Pinks whole circus / cirque de soleil thing lately? Didn't she do the song from the trapeze at the VMAs?

Killer Kitten
02-01-2010, 12:55 PM
It was a pretty amazing performance. I was impressed as Hell by her ability to walk down steps in those shoes without taking a header. The trapeze part was wonderful to watch and I loved her outfit.

Allereli
02-01-2010, 01:56 PM
Pink didn't really do much up there. I thought her VMA double swing routine was much better. The song was pretty crappy, too. She was better than a lot of other acts: Jamie Foxx was horrible, Stevie Nicks didn't want to be up there w/ Taylor Swift, who was also bad, and the Black Eyed Peas just didn't do anything, including sing.

Good parts: Green Day, Zac Brown Band (they all look like the guy from The Hangover), Carrie Underwood, Andrea Bocelli

The woman singing with Jeff Beck looked like Amy Locane in Cry Baby.

my bf said about Bon Jovi: "it took 5 cows to dress that band"

AnticorRifling
02-01-2010, 02:20 PM
I didn't watch it, based on the mixed reviews I'm seeing in this thread I might check the net for some snippets but I'm glad I didn't watch the whole thing.

Dwarven Empath
02-01-2010, 07:30 PM
I usually could care less, but Pink's performance was amazing.

Of the many concerts my wife and I attended in the past couple of years. Two of them we would see again.

One is Pink and the other one is Muse.

Both were very excellent shows.

Medi/Matt

Hips
02-01-2010, 07:40 PM
Of the many concerts my wife and I attended in the past couple of years. Two of them we would see again.

One is Pink and the other one is Muse.

Both were very excellent shows.

Medi/Matt

Good thing Muse is currently on tour then, eh? We're going to the show in Philly in March, soooo excited!

Latrinsorm
02-01-2010, 09:12 PM
What's with Pinks whole circus / cirque de soleil thing lately? Didn't she do the song from the trapeze at the VMAs?If I could fly around like that and look amazing I'm pretty sure I would do it at every opportunity, no matter how contrived.