PDA

View Full Version : Playing WoW again

Trouble
01-28-2010, 11:28 AM
Ok so I stopped playing around 6 months ago and have decided to check out WoW again. I have a few questions if anyone can help please:

1) If I have two accounts, do I need two different battle.net accounts?
2) Does anyone use/trust the Curse Add-on manager?
3) I had full T7 with some random drops from Ulduar; do I bother with all the jousting stuff or should I try to jump in the Icecrown stuff?
4) I noticed my dragon's eye gems are no longer prismatic, what did they give us in exchange?

Any other useful bits of info would be appreciated. Thanks!

AnticorRifling
01-28-2010, 11:32 AM
1) If I have two accounts, do I need two different battle.net accounts? No idea.

2) Does anyone use/trust the Curse Add-on manager? Never used it.

3) I had full T7 with some random drops from Ulduar; do I bother with all the jousting stuff or should I try to jump in the Icecrown stuff? You should be good to do ICC heroics, 10/25man ToC/ICC with us.

4) I noticed my dragon's eye gems are no longer prismatic, what did they give us in exchange? Your dragon's eyes now just match the color you cut them and act as that color. Cut a 34 str gem it's red, it activates red sockets and fills the requirements of a red gem for a meta. No longer as uber but the stat gain over plain gems is still nice.

g++
01-28-2010, 11:32 AM
1) You can have infinite amounts of blizzard products on the same battle.net account. You can have 6 versions of Warcraft III the frozen throne if you really want too.
2) I have never gotten it to work but I would trust it, the site makes enough from advertising to not want to get a bad name imo. That said unless your computer illiterate you can do it manually very easily.
3) It takes 210 emblems of triumph(or about 35 heroics) to be in full tier 9. If you can do 50 heroics you can bring your gear score up to about 5000 and be on par with casual raiders within about a week right now.
4) Jewelcrafting was nerfed. Now dragon eyes are not prismatic, you should have a voucher for 3 dragon eyes in your mail box. When they nerfed dragon eye gems they destroyed all existing ones and send all JC's a voucher.

Atlanteax
01-28-2010, 12:06 PM
Nnnnnuuuu Trouble!!

Don't do it!!

Cephalopod
01-28-2010, 12:11 PM
I use Curse all the time. Very easy and fast, although the constant reminders to upgrade to premium are a pain in the ass.

That said, I'm a n00b and I kinda suck.

Keller
01-28-2010, 12:12 PM
I use the Curse add-on manager. No issues. It's nice being updated daily when I have an out of date version.

JCers just got "nerfed" to the same level as other professions individual advantages. I still think JC gems are better than, say, enchanting for melee because we can use agil/str instead of "attack power". It is a sidegrade for casters though. Unless you want somethign other than spell power gems.

And what g++ said. Just run heroics. They are easy to queue for and if you get a decent group together, you can farm badges like a maniac, if that's your thing.

Some Rogue
01-28-2010, 12:14 PM
Moo? :D

TheEschaton
01-28-2010, 12:37 PM
I use the Curse client as well, no problems here. The only issue are addons which aren't on Curse, but the only one I can think of off the top of my head is Carbonite.

-TheE-

Alfster
01-28-2010, 12:41 PM
The new curse client runs amazing.

g++
01-28-2010, 12:52 PM
And what g++ said. Just run heroics. They are easy to queue for and if you get a decent group together, you can farm badges like a maniac, if that's your thing.

Actually I kind of depressed myself with that statement. Was planning on getting my priest a shadow set this weekend. Somehow 35 heroics sounds alot worse than 210 badges lol. Im so sick of heroics.

Trouble
01-28-2010, 12:52 PM
Cool, thanks for the info gang.

G++, you said you can have multiple accounts associated with a single battle.net account; how do you select which WoW account you want to log in with? Does it give you an additional dialog after you enter your username/password but before the char select screen?

g++
01-28-2010, 12:53 PM
When you log on with your battlenet account a box will pop that only pops if you have multiple wow accounts associated to it. You select the account and it brings you too the character screens for that account.

Parkbandit
01-28-2010, 01:23 PM
I have 3 accounts, all linked to my 1 Battlenet login. Make sure you link it to the Blizzard Authenticator.

You should bring one 80 back to Dunemaul and join HoR

Parkbandit
01-28-2010, 01:24 PM
Also, I use curse manager. The only addons I have that don't auto update are gatherer and Carbonite. Never had a problem with it.

Trouble
01-29-2010, 10:11 AM
That new group finder is awesome. There's usually someone in the group who knows the instance well so I just follow along, /assist tank, and stay out of glowy stuff for any of the new instances. Got 55 badges in 2 days so yeah, I should be in the poseur-level t9 in about a week at this rate.

The new loot system (disenchant option) is great too.

AnticorRifling
01-29-2010, 10:15 AM
and stay out of glowy stuff

Smarter than 99.673% of the WoW player base.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
01-29-2010, 10:16 AM
I have 3 accounts, all linked to my 1 Battlenet login. Make sure you link it to the Blizzard Authenticator.

You should bring one 80 back to Dunemaul and join HoR

What does HoR need the most anyway? I'm not sure I want to spend a shitton of time lvling Posiblyurdad.

AnticorRifling
01-29-2010, 10:28 AM
Right now we just need one or two more with proper gear to be pushing through ICC. Play what you enjoy.

Parkbandit
01-29-2010, 11:26 AM
Right now we just need one or two more with proper gear to be pushing through ICC. Play what you enjoy.

This. We will work quality player into the mix and then we can leave the deadweight (Anticor) sorting out his tabard drawer. Last night we could have used another well geared healer. Last week we needed a well geared range dps. Changes every week.

If you are serious about Dunemaul, let me know and I'll help Posiblyurdad out.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
01-29-2010, 11:36 AM
Well with Tayvin and now Abra raiding pretty regularly, my time to play a third toon is fairly limited. I've had a shaman at 71 for awhile now. Since my family is on AN, I'm not going to leave that server unless that changes.

I'm not worried about gear and what not, it's easy enough to get some coins together playing the AH. I just don't know I have the time, as I don't want to be spending a ton of it in WoW ;p

My guild raids every night, though I do not. I raid on Wed, Sat and Mon in a steady group of 10 doing ICC and ToGC, and then I usually pug shit or jump in on other raids if they need my uberness.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
01-29-2010, 11:38 AM
Oh, and I'm not a gear junky, I don't have to have the best of whatever to play. I like just doing my best, with what I've got. I don't mind not being top guild on the server, just like being part of the high end in the guild I'm in.

AnticorRifling
01-29-2010, 12:04 PM
Oh, and I'm not a gear junky, I don't have to have the best of whatever to play. I like just doing my best, with what I've got. I don't mind not being top guild on the server, just like being part of the high end in the guild I'm in. We don't demand best in slot man. We just don't need anymore green machines and deadly geared toons in the raid :)

We can clear anything that's not a true gear check with ease even with the above. We're gearing them up appropriately and enjoying it as we do, then we'll push on.

PB is spot on, last night a second geared healer would have meant us killing Saurfang, instead we had to try and three heal it which pushed our DPS below what was needed for a kill. Strat and execution wise we're very solid. The one healer is a fresh 80 so but we brought him along and he ended up getting a 251 weapon out of the run so it's a positive.

Like we said, play what you enjoy and if you want to raid we work you in. Our raid nights are generally Tues and Thurs for ICC/ToC/ToCG(I think we're ready even with the new guys).

Suppa Hobbit Mage
01-29-2010, 12:21 PM
I'll prob transfer my shaman there then. He's close to 80 and I can load him up with crafted epics before I send him over. IIRC I can make the 245 chest and wrists, and the 226 belt and boots.