PDA

View Full Version : Archery vs. Sunfist Camps

Sharnath
01-25-2010, 03:07 PM
Any Sunfisters about that use open aiming in Camps? I am thinking about joining Sunfist so I can hunt anywhere. Any thoughts on the matter would be appreciated.

Sharnath
Weed Mage

waywardgs
01-25-2010, 03:14 PM
biggest problem in camps with archery is the plate armor- takes a while to kill by attrition, since normally I drop things with single eyeshots. If you have a method of crowd control, that's all the better. When you say open aiming, do you mean you aren't hiding or you don't aim?

BriarFox
01-25-2010, 03:18 PM
Sigil of Major Bane and enough AS will still one-shot plate if you get lucky, but you usually don't. So, it's a pain, ya.

Fallen
01-25-2010, 03:22 PM
How does one normally handle all of the bolt/ranged attacks as an open archer?

droit
01-25-2010, 03:23 PM
I've been having a lot of success with 607. If you have 70 ranger spells, 607 drops their DS by 50 points, so its a very efficient way to one-shot a Grim square since you can get multiple shots off with that bonus (as opposed to 117). I'm shooting at 498, for reference.

waywardgs
01-25-2010, 03:25 PM

I've never had a problem with bolt or ranged- I imagine 3x dodge is helping me tons though.

BriarFox
01-25-2010, 03:26 PM

I just put archers near the top of my kill list. They never wear anything heavier than scale, from what I can see, so I can usually one-shot them unless they're guards with a huge DS. In that case, it's pick my poison of 616, 117, 607, 610, 615 or some combo.

kookiegod
01-25-2010, 03:28 PM
Last week I finished Sunfist with my level 21 ranger in Sunfist.

Wearing brig and using an ebow.

Biggest thing was a supply of Haste imbeds which thanks to the OP, i had. And I'll return the favor and imbed a ton for ya if you need em too :)

Just take out the archers as you see them! :) I really didn't have a problem, died maybe a half dozen times total in camps doing the whole gamut.

Definitely doable.

~Paul

Sharnath
01-25-2010, 03:56 PM
Got plenty of imbeds...don't have an ebow.

Sharnath
Weed Mage

Danical
01-25-2010, 04:01 PM
It's only really a problem when spiritualists spawn with WoF.

droit
01-25-2010, 04:05 PM
There are some useful tactics to know about, too. For example, there are ways to bypass Grim squares' obnoxious CMobility. With CMobility, they automatically stand up before any physical attack, depriving you of the prone DS penalty (-50). However, if they are grappled by your vine while already prone, CMobility can't kick in for the next 5 seconds or so. So spike them right before your vine activates, wait for the vine to entangle them, then shoot the eye to take advantage of their prone DS.

zhelas
01-25-2010, 09:49 PM
It's only really a problem when spiritualists spawn with WoF.

That is annoying. Orcs and Giants aren't bad. Trolls can be a pain in the behind. Make sure you have fire flaring arrows otherwise you can plink and plink away and they just regenerate.

At 62 trains, My ranger open aims in warcamps 99% of the time. Normally he will have a pouch full of amulets imbedded with 506.

509 + 606 + Haste imbeds = 1 second shots.... and in my case a good amount of time are one shot eye kills.

It is nice standing in the Hut and three grim come in. You shoot three times and in 3 to 6 seconds all three are dead or close to it.

Since he just recently got a strength enhansive. He can 608 and with the above have 1 second eye snipes. But I do that rarely.

As others have mentioned use tactics and when the heat is on... leave the camp or move a room away.

Peace

zhelas
01-25-2010, 09:54 PM

Spell tank, attack the most dangerous classes first.. and I put puncture resistance on my augmented chain for the archers and spike thorn.

Peace

BriarFox
01-25-2010, 09:55 PM
Spell tank, attack the most dangerous classes first.. and get I put puncture resistance on my augmented chain for the archers and spike thorn.

Peace

Hell, I just need something that'll keep 720 from assraping me if I get hit by it. Stupid spell. I can kill 400 Grim and then 1 gets lucky ...

zhelas
01-25-2010, 09:59 PM
Hell, I just need something that'll keep 720 from assraping me if I get hit by it. Stupid spell. I can kill 400 Grim and then 1 gets lucky ...

LOL true it is always the case .. it seems that the last 100 are the most difficult or I am just anxious to finish the camp.

Normally if I miss hitting a witch, sorcerer etc etc because it's DS is way to high(Stupid WoF spawning) I move a room away, if 119 will not bring down its Wall of Force.

Peace