PDA

View Full Version : Simu making it real convenient for players to return

HSB
01-24-2010, 05:58 PM
So I've been toying with a partial return, and thought I would reactivate one of my accounts that I kept so I could do some inventory and such. Couldn't remember the password for the life of me, so I took a stab.

Account name... password... Invalid password error. Cool. I expected that.

Forgot Password link... enter account name... click E-Mail me... Account not found.

Ex-squeeze me? Try again... Account not found.

Go back to initial login screen and try once again to guess password. Invalid password error. Forgot Password link... Account not found.

Did this with all three of my leftover accounts. So the system is brokeded. Instills LOTS of confidence in those pondering a comeback.

Ugh.

Parker
01-24-2010, 06:13 PM
Just call the billing office, they can find the account for you.

They often lock the accounts down if they died due to a billing problem., or if they've been gone a long time.

Bhaalizmo
01-24-2010, 06:17 PM
Yah, get the billing department on the phone and they usually get ya fixed up in like 60 seconds

AMUSED1
01-24-2010, 06:32 PM
I agree with the above. Call billing on Monday.

HSB
01-24-2010, 06:36 PM
Indeed. Just annoying. A system that's supposed to work, which would have let me use my snowed-in weekend for some re-familiarization... Just frustrating.

On the upside, I now have a level 11 empath. Gotta love the lower levels.

Drevihyin
01-24-2010, 07:30 PM
Yeah the billing department is one place that has it together, quick and painless.

Parker
01-24-2010, 08:07 PM
I think it's a result of the actual employees there.

They tend to be damned efficient and helpful, where they're allowed to be.

Geshron
01-24-2010, 08:36 PM
The other day I couldn't log into my account, and it's active. Had the same errors. It stopped after a few minutes and I was able to do so, but it was rather confusing why a saved password wouldn't work.

Kuyuk
01-24-2010, 08:58 PM
can always ask billing what account your character is on, they'll tell you the account name

NocturnalRob
01-24-2010, 09:05 PM
yeah, pretty much what everyone else has already said. but i have always had a very easy experience once I've gotten Simu on the phone.

4a6c1
01-24-2010, 09:13 PM
The Billing people make Simu look good. And then you log on...

Kuyuk
01-26-2010, 12:37 PM
> Hello,
>
>
> I've been thinking about returning to the game for a while, however I have no idea if my old character is still on the account in question.
>
> The characters name is XXXXX, the old account it was on was XXXXX I believe. The last information I have was from 5/10/05...
>
> Not sure if you can help me out or not.. Can you tell me if XXXXX is still on the account, or what the account name he is on? I've had a few over the years....
>
> Thanks!

XXXXXX was transferred to another account, XXXXX in 2005. XXXXX appears to belong to someone else though as it is currently in use.

The security question is "What were your three wives' names?"

If you need to reactivate an account and/or subscription, please use the following link to reactivate through the web:

http://www.play.net/playdotnet/account/reactivate/

You can also write to us at access@simutronics.com with the following information:

1. Account Name to be reactivated
2a. Security Answer
OR
2b. If you do not recall the security answer, we can accept the first four and last four of the credit card that is on the account.
3. Subscriptions Requested - Game, Premium, Platinum, Extra characters
4. Characters Requested

Sincerely,

*Security question changed to protect nobody