PDA

View Full Version : Deciding on a final training path

Alarke
01-20-2010, 11:58 AM
So, my 30 days will be up in the next week and I'm trying to decide on my final build. I'd played about 4 as a cleric and took him from 0-90 before I converted to a paladin and quit. I played a cleric during a time when we were ferocious swingers (had an 8x vhcw sancted falchion.. mmm) and never really got myself away from that idea. At the same time, my focus is going to be on CS and always on CS.

I've come to terms that I will have one of the following builds:

OHE/Shield with 1x in each.

OHE/Shield with 1x in OHE and no training in shields.

Brawling/Shield with 1x in each.
or
Brawling/Shield with 1x Brawling and no training in shields.

Now, please don't try and talk me into using a runestaff, because it just isnt going to happen! What i'd like to know is, as a Bane/CoL Cleric, is there any advantage to taking Brawling over OHE?? I obviously cannot Fu as CoL, so outside of an open hand to channel spells, is it worthwhile?

At the same time, if I do go OHE, I still plan on hunting MOST of the time with an open hand to channel spells - is there a distinct disadvantage to OHE over brawling if I will not be holding my weapon during hunts? Will I see a loss in DS? In which stances?? How significant??

Now, onto the training ... I'm currently 1x in shields, and i've seen the difference of shield training as 0x vs shield training as 1x. Is the defense difference ever an issue between 20-60 or so? I don't mind putting the points into shield if it makes a difference, but I think those extra points could go a long way, and at 11 my little guy already has around a 175 defense self spelled in offensive.

Below is my current training:

(at level 11), your base skill bonuses, ranks and goals are:
Skill Name | Actual Actual
| Bonus Ranks Goals In-Game Time to Goal
Armor Use..........................| 40 8 8
Shield Use.........................| 62 13 13
One Handed Edged...............| 62 13 13
Physical Fitness...................| 62 13 13
Harness Power......................| 62 13 13
Spirit Mana Control................| 62 13 13

Spell Lists
Major Spirit.......................| 2

Spell Lists
Minor Spirit.......................| 3

Spell Lists
Cleric.............................| 31

My goal is to get to 40 ranks in Cleric ASAP (will happen by 14), at which point I will get to 41 cleric, 19 MjS, 3 MnS or 15 MjS and 7MnS by 20 trainings. I'll keep my Cleric at +21 and push up to 225 and 130 ASAP, followed by 240 and pushing hard on Cleric spells to +60.

I hope as I get extra training points to sneak climbing and swimming in (obviously) as well as working my way to 1x lores. I will be willing to drop my spell training to around 2.7x and free up a ton of points as I start to learn all of the base spells I need.

I'd love to hear the thoughts of people who have been around awhile ... and this is kind of an odd place for me, as I used to be the go to Cleric around here for crap like this... oh how times have changed.