PDA

View Full Version : Playershops 3.0

Alorn15
01-16-2010, 11:35 PM
Brought to you by Lich.
http://pshops.lichproject.com/home/index

This is a working to do list:

- Add item-count sort to shops tab
- Condense multiple listings in the case of identical items. Good for comparison shopping - one listing that, when clicked on, expands to all shops holding with prices
- Add owner customizability
- Add Shattered mirror

Alorn15
01-16-2010, 11:43 PM
Thanks to all who helped with testing and feedback.

mgoddess
01-17-2010, 12:48 AM
Krakiipedia also has a Playershop thing going on: http://shops.krakiipedia.org/

Mathari
01-17-2010, 01:29 AM
Good stuff!

Sweets
01-17-2010, 08:13 AM
Oooooo I like this one.

Alorn15
01-17-2010, 07:42 PM
First iteration of the advanced search is done. I've got some ideas about what needs to be changed/added, but add your own here as well.

Alorn15
01-17-2010, 11:16 PM
Eh... Also I hope everyone knows they can click column headers like Price and Name to sort their search results. Clicking a second time will toggle ascending or descending. But that stuff's supposed to be intuitive, like if you didn't know that there's something wrong with the design.

pabstblueribbon
01-17-2010, 11:20 PM
Noticed a slight bug with the advanced search drop down list for enchant.

When searching for +40 enchant it would bring up items with 40 in their loresong/description that weren't associated with enchant, but associated with level to use enhancement or whatever.

The following came up under +40 enchant.

a coal black vultite short sword
It imparts a bonus of +20 more than usual.

It provides a bonus of 11 to Spirit Mana Control Bonus.

This enhancement may not be used by adventurers who have not trained 40 times.

It provides a bonus of 1 to Mana Recovery.

This enhancement may not be used by adventurers who have not trained 2 times.

The sword looks to have a lot of charges remaining.
After a careful inspection you determine that a coal black vultite short sword requires skill in edged weapons to use effectively.

Alorn15
01-18-2010, 01:47 PM
Should be fixed.

I think the major limitation of the search engine is that you can't currently search multiple towns at once. Will fix when time allows.

Alorn15
01-19-2010, 10:29 AM
Played around with the format a bit.

faloon
01-22-2010, 11:45 AM
Site is looking good. Is there any move to get this functional on Plat at this time?

Tordane
01-22-2010, 01:08 PM
I would love to see the ability to search for enhancive types in the advanced search. Pairing that with slot would be pretty nice for those trying to find sets of enhancives.

Swami71
01-22-2010, 01:19 PM
Would someone update Teras and Illistim please.

EDIT: Nevermind I was still using V's site

Nilandia
01-22-2010, 01:22 PM
Not sure what you mean. I tested it out by searching for 'summoning' and using the pulldown to give results for items that can be worn in any location. It came out just fine.

Gretchen

Nilandia
01-22-2010, 01:24 PM
Would someone update Teras and Illistim please.
Teras and Ta'Illistim are updated as of the 20th. Hovering your mouse over the link to a shop will tell you when it was updated.

Gretchen

Tordane
01-22-2010, 01:40 PM
Not sure what you mean. I tested it out by searching for 'summoning' and using the pulldown to give results for items that can be worn in any location. It came out just fine.

Gretchen

Yes, I was just asking to get a search pulldown for enhancives. I know how to search, just asking for slightly easier method.

Alorn15
01-23-2010, 12:24 AM
Yes, I was just asking to get a search pulldown for enhancives. I know how to search, just asking for slightly easier method.

I'll look into doing this tomorrow. What would people like the pulldown options to be for enhancive searching, beyond a simple checkbox for 'this item is enhancive'?

Alorn15
01-23-2010, 04:23 PM
Your options are now "Yes" or ""

Alorn15
01-23-2010, 04:28 PM
Oh, and searching multiple towns at once is now in.

Tordane
01-23-2010, 05:06 PM
I'll look into doing this tomorrow. What would people like the pulldown options to be for enhancive searching, beyond a simple checkbox for 'this item is enhancive'?

Just having that helps make the searching easier. Stat and skill selection pull down would be cool too, but just having the above makes it faster to search.

Tordane
01-23-2010, 05:09 PM
Highlighting search terms in results would be cool addition as well.

Alorn15
01-23-2010, 06:54 PM
How does that look?

AMUSED1
01-23-2010, 07:08 PM
Looks better. I'd personally still prefer black text on a white background. That just looks more professional to me.

Alorn15
01-23-2010, 09:23 PM
I tried writing a second CSS with an inverted color scheme and failed miserably. =/ Somebody else do it.

Edit: search highlighting done though.

Tordane
01-24-2010, 01:30 AM
How does that look?

Looks good. Thank you.

Alorn15
01-24-2010, 02:42 PM
Rooms on the map are now highlighted according to where the shop is located. Thanks to Tabrina for the cool graphic.

As there were something like 100 rooms to map, I probably screwed some of them up. Let me know if any look mismapped. Thanks.

Swami71
01-24-2010, 02:45 PM
Looks awesome Alorn!!! :up:

Alorn15
01-29-2010, 01:22 AM
Eh, here's an attempt at a lighter background for you people with bad browsers.

http://img34.imageshack.us/i/screenshot20100128at104.png/

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/5885/screenshot20100128at115.png

Beguiler
01-29-2010, 10:10 AM
I've got eye issues, so this is of interest to me. The black background wasn't BAD, but the text was dark also, so was difficult to see. This new one so far looks good. Either way, nice job!

Alorn15
02-06-2010, 02:39 AM
I decided to push the light-scheme live. After wrestling with it a bit, I'm pretty unhappy with it, so expect to see some improvements over the weekend.

Feedback very much welcome.

Wharde
02-06-2010, 04:53 AM
I liked the black background, I must admit.

Alorn15
02-26-2010, 01:46 PM
Many aesthetic improvements have been made.

http://pshops.lichproject.org/home/index

faloon
03-02-2010, 01:01 PM
Hows the to do list looking for platinum? I believe we have a few people willing to help in any way needed to get that off the ground.

Morrff
03-03-2010, 02:06 PM
I have a request if it's not to hard to implement. I'd like to be able to link all of my shops I stock in one signature like Viril's site did. Could there be a way to do this? Or will I have to make X amount of links in my sig to do this?

Also would be really great if people could leave messages outside of the shop signs through players shops.

Any chance of either of these options being applied? If not still an awesome job and looks great. Thank you.

Alorn15
03-03-2010, 03:04 PM
Yup. The to do list (in no particular order) is basically as follows:

1) New logo?
2) URL's for shop owners
3) Platinum mirror
4) Customizability for shop owners
5) The grey-background with rounded corners is kinda lame. It should be glossy and web 2.0-ish. Like this: http://www.schillmania.com/content/projects/even-more-rounded-corners/

Definitely appreciate the feedback.

Drew
03-03-2010, 03:09 PM
This is my favorite playershops site. I just wish it didn't mangle the description on some items.

Alorn15
03-03-2010, 03:52 PM
Drew - Give me an example so I can look into it?

Drew
03-03-2010, 06:29 PM
I can't give you an active one but I've seen this a couple of time, I have this from a logged IM but here you go:

http://pshops.lichproject.org/items?s=the+pelt+ankle-tied+sandals

That was how it showed up on the website.

I guess these are a pretty weird item but this is their long:

a pair of enchanting crimson pelt ankle-tied sandals

and the short:

a pair of pelt ankle-tied sandals

So my guess is that your bot doesn't tap the items and "a pair of" become "the".

Drew
03-03-2010, 06:36 PM
Also another suggestion, can the item search box be on top? I always accidentally search the shop sign box, since I associate the top box with the primary box.

WRoss
03-03-2010, 06:55 PM
Any clue why this happened?

http://pshops.lichproject.org/items?s=a+conjoined+rings+framed+painting

Nilandia
03-03-2010, 07:07 PM
I can't give you an active one but I've seen this a couple of time, I have this from a logged IM but here you go:

http://pshops.lichproject.org/items?s=the+pelt+ankle-tied+sandals

That was how it showed up on the website.

I guess these are a pretty weird item but this is their long:

a pair of enchanting crimson pelt ankle-tied sandals

and the short:

a pair of pelt ankle-tied sandals

So my guess is that your bot doesn't tap the items and "a pair of" become "the".
Inspects that show up as "You inspect the (whatever) shoes" are part of the cobbling system. That's how they show up when normally inspected even when not for sale in a shop. It's not a fault of the playershop script.

Gretchen

crb
03-03-2010, 07:28 PM
I have a request if it's not to hard to implement. I'd like to be able to link all of my shops I stock in one signature like Viril's site did. Could there be a way to do this? Or will I have to make X amount of links in my sig to do this?

Also would be really great if people could leave messages outside of the shop signs through players shops.

Any chance of either of these options being applied? If not still an awesome job and looks great. Thank you.

Technically that is possible with my site, which I why I did the forum integration, so people could message shop owners.

Fallen
03-03-2010, 07:38 PM
How many versions of playershops are there now? Two? Lich/Virilneus and Naos's thing?

Morrff
03-03-2010, 07:45 PM
Technically that is possible with my site, which I why I did the forum integration, so people could message shop owners.

Yep and I love it, that's why I'd like it intergrated into Alorning site as well. Basically I can have two sigs containing all shops on both sites. Some people use one and others...well the other. So I'd like to advertise all shops on both.

Alorn15
03-03-2010, 11:12 PM
How many versions of playershops are there now? Two? Lich/Virilneus and Naos's thing?

Yup, 2 or 3, depending on how you look at it. Virilneus and I have distinct sites but share data.

As far as the abnormality where Rogane/Vender/et al are shown, that's fairly odd but not entirely surprising. Errant data has been a problem with this script from the start and revising the script is on that TODO list as well. I've been crazy busy lately, but one hope is that Tillmen may sink some time into the site/script once he gets done with the new lichnet. Incidentally, Pshops3.2 is hosted on his server.

Edit: Thanks for the shoez insight, Nilandia.

Alorn15
03-13-2010, 01:46 AM
Pshops3.0 now appears to search platinum. Don't let this deceive you - it totally doesn't do any such thing. The platinum is a lie!

Wharde
03-13-2010, 08:17 AM
The Lich-based playershops haven't been updating some of the towns too often of late. Looks like Zul, for example, was last updated on the 4th. Is the updating fairly automatic now--that is to say: is it just running the proper Lich script? Or does one still have to send the captured data to someone?

crb
03-13-2010, 10:06 AM
automatic,

I need to move a char to zul to do it more often.

Alorn15
03-14-2010, 03:03 AM
Shop keepers can now link to their shop... maybe!

Airend's Magic Shoppe (http://pshops.lichproject.org/shops?s=airend&prime=1)
(http://pshops.lichproject.org/shops?s=airend&prime=1)

I've been busy with plat, but have implemented a temporary workaround for this issue. If a shop search returns 1 result, the user will be forwarded to that result. So if your shop's name includes any unique identifier, such as your name, you can link a search for that identifier to get the desired result.

To reiterate:
http://pshops.lichproject.org/shops?s=REPLACEME&prime=1

EDIT:
A couple afterward notes:
1) Some shops got removed with Plat's merge. This will be rectified in the coming 24 hours.
2) In order to avoid a bug with cookies, &platinum=1 or &prime=1 should be added to the end of your link.

Alorn15
03-14-2010, 02:46 PM
Platinum shops are now available!

Playershops 3.2 Platinum (http://pshops.lichproject.org/home/index?platinum=1)

Many thanks to Nilandia who put in a ton of work on this - and will be gathering data for Plat.

Additionally, for shop owners looking for links, please see the above (revised) post.

caelric
03-14-2010, 02:51 PM
::CHEER::

Alorn15
04-02-2010, 03:37 PM
Playershops 3.0 has been updated to use a new upload script. I actually spent more than 10 minutes on this one, so it's really fast, it's not completely retarded, and it won't delete shops if they already exist.

What does this mean?
1. Primarily, shop URL's are now static. Wizricky's shop should remain at http://pshops.lichproject.org/shops/3985 until the shop is abandoned.
2. The possibility now exists for implementation of shop customization. Not there yet, but it's now possible.
3. Performance.

Shop owners using the previously mentioned workaround to link their shops should abandon that insanity.

faloon
04-03-2010, 01:23 PM
This is looking great!

Alorn15
04-04-2010, 11:27 AM
What would shop owners like to be able to customize about their shop page?

Stry
05-24-2010, 03:18 PM

Just an idea from someone who has no idea about the coding or work that would be involved.

If there could be a spot where the owner could add comments or notes about their items on the website that would be stellar.

Sylvan Dreams
06-05-2010, 02:01 AM

I'd really like a spot to add my contact information so that people can reach me (SN and e-mail at the minimum).

A way to cross-promote shops owned or partnered by the same player or friends. The links to the other shop could appear at the top of the page or something.

Perhaps a small text box where we can add messages about biases and sales.