PDA

View Full Version : Charge Item factors (repost)

Taernath
04-29-2003, 08:56 PM
Re: The New Charge Item Spell... · on 4/28/2003 5:50:32 PM 6774

>As a player of many characters, one of whom is a level 72 Mage, even *I* won't bother singing to gems anymore to see if there are any rechargables amongst them.<

Level has nothing to do with it. The only relationship level has is that it allows you to be better trained for the use of this spell. Since (to my knowledge) none of the 20+ players at the guild meeting with Cardigan posted what helps with recharging, I'll post it now.

There are three skills that are factored into recharging. These skills are: your level of training in the major elemental list, your mana share skill, and your magic item use skill. Mana sharing is the least effective of these three at aiding your success but will help reduce the mana cost of the spell per charge.

Items degrade which means as they are charged they get a little bit more worn. After a certain point they will no longer be chargeable. The amount of charges in an items at the charge attempt makes the item more difficult to charge.

>Is that what was intended? If we're only supposed to be able to charge Wizard wands, at least let us know, huh?<

You're not able to charge anything except wizard wands? Charging doesn't mean getting something to forty charges.

Nilven

Bug? BUG?? What do you mean bug? That isn't a bug, that is a feature.