PDA

View Full Version : Cleric Archer

Celexei
03-15-2004, 05:57 PM
So from the discussion from the Empath archer leads me to ask, how would one roll up a nice cleric archer. Several key factors show me that it is indeed viable. First off why else would ya have eonake tipped arrows, and i've seen other cleric archers around, in the towers with me in Solhaven lately. Any know of a good example on this position i could ask some information, on how to train and such?

Anebriated
03-15-2004, 06:01 PM
As a cleric archer you should train in ranged and perception. Ambush and hiding have no point for you. I would max out your trainings in both skills too as they determine your AS. Clerics have many spells that aid them in Archery both offensively and defensively. It takes time to work out and get past walls but its definately a viable path. The old Pudgee did it in GS3 before he sold his char.

Eonake tipped arrows are merchant sold blessed arrows that are usable by anyone.

Celexei
03-15-2004, 11:09 PM
What spells would aid in a cleric archer? Heroism and Bravery i'm sure, and spirit strike. Any other info on maybe a training plan for a cleric archer? and any specific names on ones in game that are pretty top notch?

Kitsun
03-15-2004, 11:21 PM
How many hybrid archers are you making?!

Adhara is a cleric-archer around 70ish that was successfully hunting the Keen, however she's currently on a break from GS.

She seemed to rely on using bind on her prey then shoot it in the eye with a crossbow.

Edaarin
03-15-2004, 11:33 PM
I tested hunting the Skull Temple with Adhara in the test game, she looked like she did fine even without binding there.

But you have to take into account allocating to do ranged at lvl 65 isn't the same thing as starting from scratch...you'll go nuts a few levels most likely.

Kitsun
03-15-2004, 11:37 PM
Yeah, it seemed like everything in the Temple had the ability to break bind or bypass it with certain maneuvers.

If the character is just starting, you can actually snag a sword and board and romp up the levels for a month. Saves on missing arrows and cumbersome mechanics. It really doesn't matter what you smash a rat or orc with...

Celexei
03-15-2004, 11:45 PM
so ya recommendin whackin around with a blade fer a good few trains then fixskills over?

Celexei
03-15-2004, 11:47 PM
[quote]Originally posted by Kitsun
How many hybrid archers are you making?!

well personally i love ranged weapons, just something so alluring. Was gonna have Celexei, my wizard as ranged but kept with pure, my bardess is ranged, my ranger is ranged, TWC and OHE, and a cleric and empath ranged just sound like to much fun so i might have to check into it, i'm thinkin heavy on the ranged cleric though.

Snapp
03-16-2004, 12:26 AM
My cleric is ranged.. and has been since archery came out. I love the challenge of it. It IS viable. It's great because you have other skills to fall back on to advance like raising and using 302/306 (yes I have spell aiming too-might as well take advantage of the high dext placement). Go for it!

[Edited on 3-16-2004 by Snapp]

Celexei
03-16-2004, 12:31 AM
Neff ya care to share some of your great wisdom apon me?

Kitsun
03-16-2004, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Celexei
so ya recommendin whackin around with a blade fer a good few trains then fixskills over?

If your character is starting out brand spankin' new, your skill migration happens instantiously for one month.

Depending how much you hunt you could potentially bring a character up to 20ish in that time frame, I personally would go with whatever was easiest at first.

I found that you really do miss often at low levels due to low ranged weapon ranks and low perception.

I would definately try to save fixskill for more emergency type situations incase your training plan really fell to crud because of mechanical changes.

Celexei
03-16-2004, 12:37 AM
Ha well see ya learn somethin new everyday, didn't know they kept with the month instantanios skill transfer. Least the gods have pity on the stupidity of ourselves sometimes. Tis kinda them to try and let us experiment and change da mistakes. Now if they'd just learn to do somethin about Assists *grumbles

Carl Spackler
06-16-2004, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by Elrodin
The old Pudgee did it in GS3 before he sold his char.

The old pudgee wasn't just an archer, he used pole-arms, repelled, and had spell aiming... he had 4 ways to kill you. He was quite the amazing piece of planning and work.

Hulkein
06-16-2004, 04:16 AM
YOU SHOULD PROBABLY GIVE HIM SOME MORE COWBELL

Suppa Hobbit Mage
06-16-2004, 08:09 AM
Don't forget, aren't clerics losing the 200's sometime? thats 40? to your AS you'll lose.

Miss X
06-16-2004, 08:18 AM
Nah, empaths are losing the 200's clerics will be the only profession with access to that circle once the minor mental list is released. :)

Suppa Hobbit Mage
06-16-2004, 08:20 AM
Ah :) Thanks!

Artha
06-16-2004, 10:56 AM
Do yourself a favor and learn fletching right after you do your quick transfer.