PDA

View Full Version : I want to play WoW

4a6c1
01-05-2010, 09:43 AM

Sean of the Thread
01-05-2010, 09:44 AM
Build it up to like level 30 and then ask to be honest.

Hunters are fun and eaaaaaaasy.

Kyra231
01-05-2010, 09:48 AM
Get questhelper. If you're in a group for an instance, turn your pet off aggressive. (and ffs don't build a spellpower set as a huntard).

Alfster
01-05-2010, 10:00 AM
questhelper is much less handy now with the quest system they rolled out with 3.3

Cephalopod
01-05-2010, 10:03 AM
I'd suggest Carbonite (http://www.carboniteaddon.com) instead, anyway. Elite, long-time players will mock you if you admit to using it, but your brain will thank you later.

As far as a build, Sean2 has it right.

Also, play WoW like this:
http://yeeeah.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/adrianne-curry-naked-lesbian-pictures-71.jpg

AnticorRifling
01-05-2010, 10:22 AM
Ok so. I want to play this game again going into the new semester. It appears to be a perfect remedy for the mindnumbing effects of repetetive labs and the near limitless equations relevant to some really stupid parisitology electives.

I want to play a hunter - seems fun. I'm pretty sure I know a few of you bastards waste at least an hour a day playing WoW. So what does a decent character build look like in this game?

I made a Hunter on Illidan. halp.

Dunemaul, horde. Really Beastmaster is still stupid easy for leveling up quickly. Get a high DPS pet and then take the talents that boost pet damage/survivability. Then just run around letting your kitty rape stuff (shouldn't be a stretch) while you pew pew pew.

AnticorRifling
01-05-2010, 10:23 AM
I'd suggest Carbonite (http://www.carboniteaddon.com) instead, anyway. Elite, long-time players will mock you if you admit to using it, but your brain will thank you later.

http://yeeeah.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/adrianne-curry-naked-lesbian-pictures-71.jpg
There is so much right in that picture.

Geshron
01-05-2010, 10:48 AM
There is so much right in that picture.

God fucking damn there is.

TheEschaton
01-05-2010, 12:49 PM
Yeah, just put your points into the Beastmastery tree levelling up and you should be fine. A wolf or cat pet and they do most of the work for you while you just auto-shoot like a tard. Please, l2actually play though, at some point.

And yeah, roll on Dunemaul server, Horde side, that's where most of us are.

And once you get to lvl 20-30, I've got characters I want to level too, so let me know.

4a6c1
01-05-2010, 02:57 PM
Ok. Wolf or cat pet. DPS?WTF. Beastmastery. Horde. Dunemaul. Get to lvl 20/30.....damage/survivability. Ok. I'm just bookmarking this thread. You people are a goldmine.

I made this Spanking Awesome green troll lady with big spiky teeth and firehydrant red mohawk/Trinidad hair. I wish I looked like that irl.

AnticorRifling
01-05-2010, 03:01 PM
Ok. Wolf or cat pet. DPS?WTF. Beastmastery. Horde. Dunemaul. Get to lvl 20/30.....damage/survivability. Ok. I'm just bookmarking this thread. You people are a goldmine.

I made this Spanking Awesome green troll lady with big spiky teeth and firehydrant red mohawk/Trinidad hair. I wish I looked like that irl.
When you hit 30 I can run with you. My hunter is an orc named Orcasmic.

DPS = Damage per second. The higher the DPS the faster shit dies. General rule of thumb is the higher DPS a pet has the less survivability it has. By putting your talents into the beastmastery talents you up the survivability while adding to the damage at the same time. The biggest downside is if your pet dies you don't do much damage yourself. Not a huge issue though since the pet will be golden for you.

I'll be on tonight and I'll either be on my deathknight Dachcow or my warrior Beardedbag just send me a tell and I'll help out as I can.

Cephalopod
01-05-2010, 03:34 PM
Tell me your name. I'll camp you outside Valley of Trials and kill you over and over. My name is Boars.

CrystalTears
01-05-2010, 03:37 PM
Where's AD to pass on his l337 level 1 enchanted stuff?!

Some Rogue
01-05-2010, 03:39 PM
Tell me your name. I'll camp you outside Valley of Trials and kill you over and over. My name is Boars.
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a64/lrenzo2/khaaaaan.jpg

4a6c1
01-05-2010, 03:43 PM
:(

TheEschaton
01-05-2010, 03:59 PM
I have a warlock more near lvl 22 that could level with you.

Wolves and cats are generally high damage, but get sliced up like butter. If you want a pet which will tank for you but do less damage, go for a boar or a bear. Personally, I levelled with a bear because they have a swipe which can let them tank packs of mobs without you pulling one off with multi-shot. A lower dps pet can also make you more aware of shots you fire and when you fire them, etc, etc.

AestheticDeath
01-05-2010, 05:18 PM
Blizzard broke my level one stuff remember?

Kuyuk
01-05-2010, 05:24 PM
activate my account and take my lvl 80 priest.. might have to pay to switch realms.

Havent played since like April or May. Wont play again.

TheEschaton
01-05-2010, 06:10 PM
Priests aren't really good starter characters.

Nieninque
01-05-2010, 06:11 PM
Priests aren't really good starter characters.

Just because you suck at playing a priest, doesnt mean everyone else does.

Methais
01-05-2010, 06:11 PM

Found one in that album for vaJihna:
http://yeeeah.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/adrianne-curry-naked-lesbian-pictures-6.jpg

TheEschaton
01-05-2010, 06:13 PM
This is a girl who supposedly plays WoW?

WTF?

Speaking of girls who play WoW, I need to go catch up on The Guild.

Kuyuk
01-05-2010, 06:51 PM
I thought priests were ez.

TheEschaton
01-05-2010, 07:18 PM
They are now, I suppose, but levelling them used to be hard til 40.

Kuyuk
01-05-2010, 07:24 PM
not really.

holy priest ftw.

Methais
01-05-2010, 07:51 PM
They are now, I suppose, but levelling them used to be hard til 40.

Leveling anything was never hard before any level ever.

Cephalopod
01-05-2010, 08:13 PM
activate my account and take my lvl 80 priest.. might have to pay to switch realms.

Havent played since like April or May. Wont play again.

If AD has taught us anything, it's that people should not start playing a game with capped characters.

And yeah, that's Adrian Curry, playing WoW naked (http://thesuperficial.com/2009/12/adrianne_curry_playing_wow_nak.php).

AestheticDeath
01-06-2010, 01:35 AM
dumbass - i do fine starting that way

Nieninque
01-06-2010, 04:31 AM

:rofl:

Yeah...

CrystalTears
01-06-2010, 07:31 AM
No... you don't.

ElanthianSiren
01-06-2010, 08:43 AM
I used a wolf and a hyena also on my hunter; both worked lovely.

Also, I kept my eyes open in pvp with my higher level characters and stole talent and gear builds that worked well for my lower bracket characters as I levelled them up.

Izzy
01-06-2010, 09:04 AM
Aion > WoW. That is all.

Atlanteax
01-06-2010, 09:53 AM
Aion > WoW. That is all.

Truth!

ElanthianSiren
01-06-2010, 10:04 AM
Aion > WoW. That is all.

That's why I used past tense. My boyfriend and I are in the process of switching after I got bored with WoW and we did the trial. LOVE the character design and ability to alter gear. No more cookie cutter arena outfits! YAY!

edit: I will miss the ability to choose between several faction races however.

Parkbandit
01-06-2010, 10:08 AM
That's why I used past tense. My boyfriend and I are in the process of switching after I got bored with WoW and we did the trial. LOVE the character design and ability to alter gear. No more cookie cutter arena outfits! YAY!

Oh, oh... That might make Anticor switch!

How is the gameplay of Aion though? I was bored of WoW for a bit, but then leveled up my druid and have found a new reason to play. I'll admit though, I'm running out of classes to level up.....

ElanthianSiren
01-06-2010, 10:14 AM
If you're used to using questhelper and other add ons and not having to read your quests, it can be a little jarring at first. I liked that everyone can do every profession just not as well, as opposed to everyone being able to do certain professions in WoW.

For someone anal retentive and organized, it lets you map well. For someone who doesn't plan, it obviously offers them a chance to make cash off of you while you bumble around. WoW got too easy in the planning perspective for me; that was one of the things I liked about Aion.

Over all, I had several reasons to switch (friends etc). I'd recommend doing the trial if you're unsure. I believe you can get a referral from anyone with an active account during the referral period.

edit: ps it ran much smoother on my PC than AoC did and that was before I bought a graphics card for it.

Nieninque
01-06-2010, 10:51 AM

How is the gameplay of Aion though? I was bored of WoW for a bit, but then leveled up my druid and have found a new reason to play. I'll admit though, I'm running out of classes to level up.....

Well, once you have done all the classes, you could try and learn how to play one...

NocturnalRob
01-06-2010, 11:05 AM
http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/lax/878989144.html

AnticorRifling
01-06-2010, 12:18 PM
Well, once you have done all the classes, you could try and learn how to play one...

PB she pretty much said you're done posting in this thread.

Me
01-06-2010, 01:02 PM
Heh Aion was fine until suddenly there are no more quests and everything cost lots oh and you can't fly all the time you have to keep getting better and better wings and priest wear mail or plate i forget was very weird. Yeah got bored easily and tired of the bot spam i heard they cleared a lot of that up but they lost me.

LF

Izzy
01-06-2010, 01:41 PM

It's by no means perfect, but I'm still having loads of fun 3 months in. There isn't much room for skill specialization (ie, pretty much all mages are identical to all other mages, skill wise) but the game play is straight forward.

They've made changes to the experience gain, including double exp weekends. That, stacked with exp boosting items and exp bonus for not playing a character lets you level up pretty reasonably. I got an assassin up to level 30 in a week.

PvP is somewhat limited. There are fort raids at set schedules, and legions (guilds) can capture them for gold/pvp points. Otherwise there are periodic rifts that branch between realms that allow you to go to the opposite factions world. The abyss is always a faction free for all.

This is really just a smattering of random info, but I'm at work. So yeah. It's a good game.

Atlanteax
01-06-2010, 01:49 PM
I hope you guys went to Lumiel (East) Server ... it is reported to be the unofficial RP server ... so I elected to go there under the assumption that the portion of the player-population being douchebags would be lower (have not really had that issue, where you would keep running into them endlessly on WoW).

Izzy
01-06-2010, 02:02 PM
I hope you guys went to Lumiel (East) Server ... it is reported to be the unofficial RP server ... so I elected to go there under the assumption that the portion of the player-population being douchebags would be lower (have not really had that issue, where you would keep running into them endlessly on WoW).

I'm on Kainsel/Eylos.

4a6c1
01-06-2010, 03:07 PM
http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/lax/878989144.html

WoW pvp and anal penetration.

That girl is a hero.

AnticorRifling
01-06-2010, 03:12 PM
Copy and paste FFS I can't see it at work.

4a6c1
01-06-2010, 03:14 PM
Nope. I think I'm just going to let you wonder about thousands of possible interesting anal penetration/arena situations for the rest of your day.

Kithus
01-06-2010, 03:18 PM
I'll be nice, just this once:

Girl seeking WoW player - w4m

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2008-10-14, 11:01AM PDT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you like to PvP in the World of Warcraft? Do you want to have sex with a girl playing arena in the eighteen-hundreds bracket? Do you want to have sex with me WHILE I play arena? Continue reading..

I will be playing my druid.. she is in full Season 3 and some Season 4. I play with another female player on her warrior, but she is not going to physically join us.. she will be on vent or skype listening in, but mostly her purpose will be to keep the game going smoothly by letting me know what is happening so I don't have to pay much attention.

You must be ok with vaginal and anal penetration, as well as eating me out, and you must be able to finish on me twice within one hour.

But more importantly, you must be familiar with the game. You should be not only yelling things like, "Your pussy feels so good on my dick" but also pay some attention to my arena game(s). And be loud. Remember, I'll have my headset on to talk to my partner. "Root him!", "Cyclone so I can pull out and fuck your ass" and so on. You must be kinky, naughty, and very horny. I will be quizzing you, so if you are not sure about your stuff, please do not respond.

What you have to do/have in order for me to consider you:

- You must have at least one level 70 in equivalent gear, maybe we can chat about it.
- You cannot be overweight, but also not the muscle jock body type with a brain the size of a pea. Chubby is BEST!
- You must be able to spell.
- You must be at least 20 years old and no older than 29.
- At least 5'10".
- No blondies.
- Dark hair, dark eyes
- Prefer uncut, but you must be clean. Circumsized will be considered, but not preferred.

About me:

- I am 5'8"
- 150lbs
- Blue eyes and brown hair.
- I know a lot about video games.
- I want to fuck you while I play arena if you fulfill the above requirements. - I am very tight.. I have not had sex in about 8 months.

4a6c1
01-06-2010, 03:19 PM
You suck Kithus.

AnticorRifling
01-06-2010, 03:21 PM
I thought Saia was taller....

Methais
01-06-2010, 06:28 PM

People still RP in MMOs?

g++
01-07-2010, 01:08 AM
I thought you rolled a hunter if you liked being fucked in the ass in arena.

AnticorRifling
01-07-2010, 08:48 AM

Naw we throat fuck hunters in the arena.

Atlanteax
01-07-2010, 09:55 AM
People still RP in MMOs?

Yep, I would be running thru the Elyos Capital and would be overhearing various RP-themed conversations.

Talking about a formal attire party, or discussions of military matters (the war vs Asmos), or just elaborate general conversations.

Atlanteax
01-07-2010, 04:07 PM
Btw, are you really sure you want to play WoW, where the spacebar is king?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txWUM-3q-0s&feature=player_embedded

Drisco
01-07-2010, 11:27 PM

Hunters aren't to bad in arena anymore. I actually think they do pretty well..

Btw, if any of you guys have old accounts not merged to a battle.net account I wouldn't mind paying a bit and take them off ya :) Just PM me!

TheEschaton
01-08-2010, 12:44 AM
MMMM, got a battered hilt today, my druid now has a new tanking weapon, yay. So sexy.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m21/alokpinto/LightbornSpire.jpg

Parkbandit
01-08-2010, 09:00 AM
Hunters aren't to bad in arena anymore. I actually think they do pretty well..

Btw, if any of you guys have old accounts not merged to a battle.net account I wouldn't mind paying a bit and take them off ya :) Just PM me!

When did they get a buff?

Oh right.. they didn't.

Hunters are used in arenas to give the other team a clear target.

Parkbandit
01-08-2010, 09:01 AM
MMMM, got a battered hilt today, my druid now has a new tanking weapon, yay. So sexy.

Am I the only person that hasn't gotten one to drop once yet?

Christ, the tank I've been hanging out with (at the wrong times obviously) has had 2 drop in 2 days and has won both.

Some Rogue
01-08-2010, 09:10 AM
I've never even seen one on any of the three 80's I do heroics with. :(

Drisco
01-08-2010, 09:11 AM
When did they get a buff?

Oh right.. they didn't.

Hunters are used in arenas to give the other team a clear target.

Any class with a good healer is deadly. If a hunter is double dps with a rogue/mage/warrior they are pretty good imo. Anything that can slow the other team down.

Trouble
01-08-2010, 09:13 AM

I still haven't merged my hunter's account yet. Do I need to merge it to a different email account than my main WoW account? It seems so but I wasn't sure...

AnticorRifling
01-08-2010, 09:26 AM
I keep thinking we should get HoR back up to doing 10mans, we'll see.

Nieninque
01-08-2010, 09:26 AM
I keep thinking we should get HoR back up to doing 10mans, we'll see.

Count me in if you do.

Some Rogue
01-08-2010, 09:28 AM
So everyone can gquit again after a month?

Geshron
01-08-2010, 10:57 AM
i'm have an alliance rogue on dunemaul. I'm sure I'm doing all sorts of things wrong but the game is fun with other people overall. it's also acceptable to have an absurd name in game. so add my rogue, bazzubazzu if you're on there.

Methais
01-08-2010, 10:57 AM
i'm have an alliance rogue on dunemaul. I'm sure I'm doing all sorts of things wrong but the game is fun with other people overall. it's also acceptable to have an absurd name in game. so add my rogue, bazzubazzu if you're on there.

In before screenshot of someone here ganking you.

Liagala
01-08-2010, 11:12 AM
I'm sure I'm doing all sorts of things wrong

alliance on dunemaul.

There's one...

Parkbandit
01-08-2010, 11:57 AM
L2Horde IMO.

I'm ready for 10 man HoRing. Let's go.

Kithus
01-08-2010, 12:07 PM
http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/6779/forthehordeqj3.jpg (http://img93.imageshack.us/i/forthehordeqj3.jpg/)http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/forthehordeqj3.jpg/1/w1211.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img93/forthehordeqj3.jpg/1/)

Drisco
01-08-2010, 12:10 PM
I still haven't merged my hunter's account yet. Do I need to merge it to a different email account than my main WoW account? It seems so but I wasn't sure...

You won't be able to log into WoW if you haven't merged it with a battle.net account.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
01-08-2010, 12:16 PM
Am I the only person that hasn't gotten one to drop once yet?

Christ, the tank I've been hanging out with (at the wrong times obviously) has had 2 drop in 2 days and has won both.

I've seen one but I already geared beyond it so I just passed.

Geshron
01-08-2010, 12:19 PM
I'm sure I could roll a horde something or other and power level. Whatever class is best fitting for others, I'm up for recommendation.

Clove
01-08-2010, 12:33 PM
Warlock + Paladin = Win. Screw you Horde.

AnticorRifling
01-08-2010, 12:34 PM
Warlock + Paladin = Win. Screw you Horde.

We have warlocks and paladins too....

TheEschaton
01-08-2010, 01:29 PM
I need to get back into raiding. I suppose it's sad I was excited over a 251 tanking weapon, but it replaced his Origin of Nightmares from Naxx25 (LOL iLevel 213).

-TheE-

4a6c1
01-08-2010, 01:47 PM
Some guy just ran by me and said that I have the same name as some Raven Lord of the Outlands. His addon says that if he kills me he gets a special mount. Awesome.

Cephalopod
01-08-2010, 02:08 PM
His addon says that if he kills me he gets a special mount. Awesome.

Pickups lines in WoW are so cute.

4a6c1
01-08-2010, 02:10 PM
I'm pretty much like, the hottest troll there is. My four green toes are what does it. He probably couldnt help himself.

AnticorRifling
01-08-2010, 02:11 PM
I need to get back into raiding. I suppose it's sad I was excited over a 251 tanking weapon, but it replaced his Origin of Nightmares from Naxx25 (LOL iLevel 213).

-TheE-

HoR will need a tank or two.

Some Rogue
01-08-2010, 02:15 PM
Some guy just ran by me and said that I have the same name as some Raven Lord of the Outlands. His addon says that if he kills me he gets a special mount. Awesome.

Terokk?

Let the gankings commence!

4a6c1
01-08-2010, 02:17 PM
Hmm. You're silly.

I just found the most awesome website. Petopia.com

Hey should I do Alchemy and Herbalism or what?

Drisco
01-08-2010, 02:21 PM
Alchemy + Transmute master = 110g a day.
On a good proccing day up to 500g

Some Rogue
01-08-2010, 02:23 PM
Wait, not Terokk, that's the other Raven guy. The one who drops the mount is Anzu. :D

Trouble
01-08-2010, 03:45 PM
You won't be able to log into WoW if you haven't merged it with a battle.net account.

If you merge two WoW accounts to the same battle.net account, will you be able to choose between them when you log in? Or do I need to create a second Battle.net account?

TheEschaton
01-08-2010, 03:46 PM
I created a second battle.net account, because, afaik, merging two means you have to pick one to play.

4a6c1
01-08-2010, 04:11 PM
Wait, not Terokk, that's the other Raven guy. The one who drops the mount is Anzu. :D

Ok. WAIT WAIT WAIT.

I am not technically a male. Therefore I cannot exactly join whatever circle jerk Fraternity you all have going on here. AND THEREFORE YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO HAZE ME!!

Methais
01-08-2010, 04:12 PM
Ok. WAIT WAIT WAIT.

I am not technically a male. Therefore I cannot exactly join whatever circle jerk Fraternity you all have going on here. AND THEREFORE YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO HAZE ME!!

Everybody in WoW has a penis, male or not. Get with the program.

4a6c1
01-08-2010, 04:13 PM
World of Gaga?

AnticorRifling
01-08-2010, 04:15 PM
Methais generally has one in each hand.

Parkbandit
01-08-2010, 04:27 PM
If you merge two WoW accounts to the same battle.net account, will you be able to choose between them when you log in? Or do I need to create a second Battle.net account?

Yea... it gives you a pulldown window to select the account you want to login.

If you have an iPhone, I suggest using the Blizzard Authenticator. You cannot play on that account until you look up this number on your iPhone.. which sucks... but it eliminates the ability to get hacked (so Blizzard claims) since only your iPhone has the right serial numbered authenticator to give you the 9 digit number.

Parkbandit
01-08-2010, 04:28 PM
Hmm. You're silly.

I just found the most awesome website. Petopia.com

Hey should I do Alchemy and Herbalism or what?

Hunter?

Personally, I would do leatherworking and skinning. You can make your own gear. (Leatherworking makes leather and mail gear)

AestheticDeath
01-08-2010, 05:26 PM
You can join more then one account to the same email address, and still play both accounts at the same time. You just have the pull down menu to choose which to log into like pb said.

I have two of my accounts on the same email atm.

AestheticDeath
01-08-2010, 05:31 PM
And theE, I don't see what is sad about getting excited over 251 itm lvl. It is the second highest available atm. I have 264 crap already, but I still get excited over 245 gear.

And I am still wondering wtf happens when cataclysm comes out. ALL this lvl 80 gear is pretty much outdated as soon as it comes out right? We will be getting like greens/blues which out perform them just because its made for level 85 or something ? The new release is upping the level right?

Kinda wondering if I should even bother raiding at all right now. Kinda want to just level some alts, or build up some gold for when the new shit hits the AH.

TheEschaton
01-08-2010, 05:39 PM
That's generally how xpacs work. Even people with t6 Sunwell gear at the end of the last expansion were replacing it by mid70 dungeon blues when WOTLK came out.

They need to make it more powerful, otherwise people get bored much quicker. I didn't raid in TBC, but I seem to remember an 18k HP tank and being like OMG WTF.

AestheticDeath
01-08-2010, 05:43 PM
Hm yeah thats kinda why I am looking at these other guys like wtf are you high on, when i see them racing to spend gold on primordial saronite to be the first to get the frostmourne blade... I've already seen someone with the Shadow's Edge axe. But, I think his guild may have helped him with the saronite. I know some were talking about each member giving up 23 emblems to start it off asap.

And this hyped up blade will be nothing once xpac comes out....

TheEschaton
01-08-2010, 06:21 PM
Frostmourne is legendary, though, it might still have use. Until they make legendary items scale with level, though, I agree with you somewhat.

Drew
01-08-2010, 06:34 PM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a64/lrenzo2/khaaaaan.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niels_Bohr

BOOOOOOHRS!

Nieninque
01-08-2010, 06:36 PM
And I am still wondering wtf happens when cataclysm comes out. ALL this lvl 80 gear is pretty much outdated as soon as it comes out right? We will be getting like greens/blues which out perform them just because its made for level 85 or something ? The new release is upping the level right?

It will do, but you wont replace your level 80 gear until you hit 85. The blues and greens wont be an upgrade.

Methais
01-08-2010, 06:39 PM
Hm yeah thats kinda why I am looking at these other guys like wtf are you high on, when i see them racing to spend gold on primordial saronite to be the first to get the frostmourne blade... I've already seen someone with the Shadow's Edge axe. But, I think his guild may have helped him with the saronite. I know some were talking about each member giving up 23 emblems to start it off asap.

And this hyped up blade will be nothing once xpac comes out....

To a lot of people it's mostly about the journey, not the destination. And being able to pwn people in the fact with your massive orange sword after.

Otherwise we'd all just kill ourselves now because we're going to be dead anyway sooner or later.

Parkbandit
01-08-2010, 08:36 PM
Dear HoRs..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzOHq5WbQ8k

That is all.

Ashlander
01-08-2010, 10:26 PM
All right which one of you fuckers hacked my account today? Don't make me go all Ratolin on you. Seriously though anyone happen to know how long it takes to get an account restored?

CrystalTears
01-08-2010, 10:31 PM
About a week or two. They'll close your account for a couple of days to determine if the hacking was legit. Then you need to open an in-game ticket so that the GMs can restore gold, items or characters.

Ashlander
01-08-2010, 10:59 PM
Already talked to support they had actually shut my account down cause of the IP that accessed it. Ticket is opened too. I'm more worried that I can't find anything out of place on my computer. I've run ad-aware, spybot and avast with no luck.

Cephalopod
01-08-2010, 11:25 PM
FYI, I had a similar issue and it took me about 2 months to get resolved. Good luck.

Drisco
01-08-2010, 11:35 PM
I just don't understand how people get hacked. I've been playing WoW for a couple years now and I go to sketchy serial/crack/keygen sites download questionable torrents and what not.

I've never had a problem at all and I have no viruses.

CrystalTears
01-09-2010, 08:59 AM
I still don't know how I got hacked.

Kyra231
01-09-2010, 09:09 AM
Already talked to support they had actually shut my account down cause of the IP that accessed it. Ticket is opened too. I'm more worried that I can't find anything out of place on my computer. I've run ad-aware, spybot and avast with no luck.

You tried everything on the stickies in the CS forum for compromised accts?

Ashlander
01-09-2010, 10:54 PM
Yeah, I scanned in safe mode and everything. Didn't find anything on my system. Only thing I can think of is they got my email addy and used a brute force password hack.

AestheticDeath
01-09-2010, 10:56 PM
Don't join guild websites with your game account email...

And what exactly can people who run vent servers do with your IP? Anything?

Ashlander
01-09-2010, 11:16 PM
Has anyone tried one of the authenticators? They worth the 6.50 for it?

Parkbandit
01-10-2010, 01:19 AM

I have it on my iPhone.. so it was definitely worth FREE for me :)

It seems pretty damn impossible for someone to hack into your account with one. The hacker would need to figure out your login ID, password AND a randomly generated 8 digit number that generates every 30 seconds and is unique to your specific account for that 30 second period.

CrystalTears
01-10-2010, 07:57 AM
I bought one and it works fine. I can't see how you can get hacked using it.

Loyrl
01-10-2010, 12:18 PM

My brother got hacked last year, so he bought one of these. People with them shouldn't be able to get hacked. I have been playing since beta with only a few breaks, and haven't been hacked. But I guess if you play long enough you'll eventually make a mistake on what you download or visit and get jacked. I have been thinking about buying one, so I should before it does happen to me. This month alone (Jan) two people in my guild were hacked and our bank wiped out. They used all their badges and sold all their bags, everything was gone. I think they left a t-shirt on their characters.

TheEschaton
01-10-2010, 12:39 PM
I have an authenticator, and yeah, the rotating random 8 digit key thing is the only failsafe our military still trusts.

-TheE-

Atlanteax
01-11-2010, 10:14 AM
Ruh-oh, Jihnas is on the prowl!

http://www.thestar.com/news/ontario/article/744845--barrie-boy-16-found-safe-in-orillia-with-woman-42#article

AnticorRifling
01-11-2010, 10:36 AM
I have an authenticator, and yeah, the rotating random 8 digit key thing is the only failsafe our military still trusts.

-TheE-
I lol'd

4a6c1
01-11-2010, 11:24 AM
Ruh-oh, Jihnas is on the prowl!

http://www.thestar.com/news/ontario/article/744845--barrie-boy-16-found-safe-in-orillia-with-woman-42#article

Yes. Because I am so similar to that pedo/redneck babymaking machine with no life. Slap yourself.

Atlanteax
01-11-2010, 11:47 AM
Bah, you know better than that! It is absurd!

4a6c1
02-03-2010, 08:59 PM
bumping my n00b thread

Is a scorpion a decent pet to have? Right now I have a tiger and I'm getting bored with him.

TheEschaton
02-03-2010, 09:09 PM
Eh. Have you ever been to http://www.wow-petopia.com/ ?

It's a pretty good guide for hunter pets. Scorpids put a poison on their target, so that's nice in that poisons avoid armor, but a cat is still a better pet.

4a6c1
02-03-2010, 09:52 PM
Right...that website. I was being lazy I guess. I was doing research all day and basically didnt feel like doing research while I'm trying to relax. :-/

Also why cant hunters use two handed maces that is dumb.

Some Rogue
02-03-2010, 11:04 PM
Depends on what kind of pet you want too. Straight damage, tank or whatever.

HelloKitty
02-04-2010, 07:52 AM
Usually a tank pet (tenacity) is easiest for lvling to ensure you don't grab aggro from it. I had a gorilla when lvling up. When you hit 80 though, you should definitely have a wolf since they provide a good AP bonus through their howl.

Scorpids are more for pvp.

As for professions, JC is also a great path to choose.

I had a worgen pet for like the 2 days that they allowed it in game. :( I miss Teenwolf.

http://candytheory.com/guildsite/worgie/WoWScrnShot_070409_205216sm.jpg

Suppa Hobbit Mage
02-04-2010, 09:48 AM

My Guild Master got hacked a week ago. Emptied 50k worth of mats from the GB, the 15k in gold that was in it, sold EVERYTHING on all his alts, then deleted him after disbanding the guild.

We are still trying to get shit figured out, WoW says 10-14 days, he had 3 accounts (his, his wife, and his son) which are basically unplayable. He was MT for raids, his wife was heals... really fucked shit up. I ordered one the next day, as did most of our guild (or they dl'd the free ones).

I'd say it's worth it. WoW says he got the hack from an addon he dl'd from Curse.com.

HelloKitty
02-04-2010, 09:56 AM
^^^^

And you get a corehound to boot. Blizzard should really provide an authenticator with the game—it'd prevent a lot of probs and save time/resources on their end.
That's really horrible that the GM got hacked.

Drinin
02-04-2010, 10:09 AM
I've been playing online games for like 15 years and have never had an account compromised, but after seeing 3 guild mates get hacked I went out and bought one. Well worth the money.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
02-04-2010, 10:14 AM
Yeah, I've never been compromised myself, but Tank (our GM, who's real nickname is tank because he's a 6'7" viking) is a very down to earth guy who only gets on the computer to play WoW. One of the guys in our guild does tech support for something and VPN'd to his computer and said it was clean except for the addons.

In other news... since our guild was hosed, I created a new guild and invited everyone, then led an icc10 raid last night. It was a poor mix of folks, 7 melee, a disc priest, me (resto druid) and a shadow priest. We had zero mail wearers, and the the first 4 bosses literally dropped mail, in two instances two sets of mail. Fucking sucked.

Methais
02-04-2010, 10:39 AM
WoW says he got the hack from an addon he dl'd from Curse.com.

Isn't Curse supposed to be bulletproof as far as that shit goes?

I wonder which addon it was.

Also, what happens if you lose/break your authenticator? Are you just totally fucked? Or do you just have to send the 40 notarized copies of forms of ID?

Parkbandit
02-04-2010, 12:03 PM
It took about a week to get it straightened out for me. I can't remember what copies I had to provide but I'm sure I still have the request email archived.. I'll look and post it when I get home.