PDA

View Full Version : Goblins

Kuyuk
03-15-2004, 02:12 PM
I love some of the things the GM's have implimented with a few of the monsters. Take for instance, Goblins.

A goblin screams at another goblin, "Mine, mine, mine!!!" and points at you.

The goblin then takes a large windup with her dagger and swings it at the other goblin, cleanly decapitating it. The other goblin's head drops to the ground and rolls up next to you.
The goblin falls to the ground, kicks several times and dies.
>
A foul stench rises up from a gruesome goblin head.

Gotta love it.

Kuyuk

Galleazzo
03-15-2004, 03:10 PM
Yeah, there was a bit when I was working up a baby rogue where I rolled a fumble and the kob I was fighting pointed and laughed. I near to fell off my chair!

:socool:

Trinitis
03-16-2004, 11:12 AM
Heh, I remember when me and a friend where hunting our youngins one time in goblins. He ran too the next room to chase a goblin that went that way. The goblin in my room started spinning around with the flail in his hand, and lost his grip. The flail went flying east and the goblin blushed. A second later, my friend IM'ed me with WTF was that?! The flail had flown in and smacked him in the head, stunning him for 4 rounds.

Hehehe, good times.

Galleazzo
03-16-2004, 12:18 PM
Yeah, the GMs who coded those monster stuff should get applause

Fengus
03-16-2004, 01:14 PM
All except the lesser orc's nosetweek giving you a head minor with no roll or defense of any sort, that one is lame the rest are pretty funny.

Trinitis
03-16-2004, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Fengus
All except the lesser orc's nosetweek giving you a head minor with no roll or defense of any sort, that one is lame the rest are pretty funny.

thats what we call a manuv attack. You can "defend" agenst them..but you don't see the numbers.

DeV
03-16-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Fengus
All except the lesser orc's nosetweek giving you a head minor with no roll or defense of any sort, that one is lame the rest are pretty funny. I just had that happen today.. i was like WTF!

Latrinsorm
03-16-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by LordAdredrin
thats what we call a manuv attack. You can "defend" agenst them..but you don't see the numbers. Must be a pretty kickass maneuver, because I was doing guild reps against them with no armor and they nailed me with it.

Edaarin
03-16-2004, 06:23 PM
...you can't get reps off lesser orcs, can you?

Bobmuhthol
03-16-2004, 06:26 PM
I considered a plethora of scenarios. If you can, you're like.. level 9. Maybe they gained levels or something?

Latrinsorm
03-16-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Edaarin
...you can't get reps off lesser orcs, can you? I did. Disarm reps. Maybe tackle reps, too.

Edaarin
03-16-2004, 08:47 PM
Weird...maybe they reworked the guild formulas somehow, or maybe orcs got bumped up a few levels.

Latrinsorm
03-16-2004, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Edaarin
Weird...maybe they reworked the guild formulas somehow, or maybe orcs got bumped up a few levels. I know it's not strict GS4 level comparison, because I've had creatures stop giving reps mid-level (damn annoying, that).

edit: :offtopic:

[Edited on 3-17-2004 by Latrinsorm]

Celexei
03-20-2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by LordAdredrin
Heh, I remember when me and a friend where hunting our youngins one time in goblins. He ran too the next room to chase a goblin that went that way. The goblin in my room started spinning around with the flail in his hand, and lost his grip. The flail went flying east and the goblin blushed. A second later, my friend IM'ed me with WTF was that?! The flail had flown in and smacked him in the head, stunning him for 4 rounds.

Hehehe, good times.

I'd just like to comment on how much i laughed my ass off just readin this, good times good times indeed. I'm interested in similar threads.