PDA

View Full Version : Experience from healing

DoctorUnne
12-30-2009, 04:50 PM
Is it listed anywhere how much experience is earned for transfering different kinds of wounds?

phantasm
12-30-2009, 05:24 PM
No where that I could find, sorry.

DoctorUnne
12-30-2009, 05:30 PM
I got 140 for taking three minors. Does it scale at that rate for more wounds and more severe wounds? If it does, damn empaths have the easy life.

Latrinsorm
12-30-2009, 08:40 PM
Rank 1 wounds are as listed, rank 2 are double, rank 3 are triple:

abdomen - 30
back - 20
chest - 40
eye - 70
head - 80
limb - 50
nerve - 60
health - 1 per point transferred

These values are exact. However, you get 5% less for each 100 experience already in your bucket (waiting to be absorbed). I do not know if this is true for any other kind of experience - I suspect it is for most.

Hence, if you were belled and transferred one limb minor, one chest minor, and another limb minor, you would garner 1.00 * 50 + 1.00 * 40 + 1.00 * 50 = 140 experience. If, however, you were belled and transferred one limb minor, another limb minor, and one chest minor (before the pulse), you would garner 1.00 * 50 + 1.00 * 50 + .95 * 40 = 138 experience.

Finally, TRANSFER ANY allegedly penalizes experience gains from transference. I don't know anyone who bothers with it, so I've never tested it to see precisely how large the penalty is, if one exists at all.

Asile
12-31-2009, 10:35 AM
Finally, TRANSFER ANY allegedly penalizes experience gains from transference. I don't know anyone who bothers with it, so I've never tested it to see precisely how large the penalty is, if one exists at all.

One thing with the TRANSFER ANY: I think there is no penalty up to a certain level, to help new Empaths learn their limits with healing. When I started Traiva, I used TRANSFER ANY a ton (I know it saved her from dying more than once), until I hit the wall where she got a 50% penalty from using it. This might be around level 20 or so.

The plus about TRANSFER ANY: it won't let you die, since it won't let you transfer more hp than you have.

The bad things about TRANSFER ANY:
1) It's slow--there's a 3 sec RT for using it
2) As mentioned above, eventually you do hit the point where you get an exp penalty for using it

Xaerve
12-31-2009, 11:26 AM
I've played an empath for almost 10 years and never knew/used transfer any... heh.

DoctorUnne
12-31-2009, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the info Latrin.

Good lord why didn't I roll up a pocket empath sooner. I can probably cap it just from healing my main's injuries.

Farn
12-31-2009, 01:11 PM
Hah. I tried to get the wife to use Transfer Any a few times, but she wanted to learn healing the 'real way.' She died a few times, but I'm betting she learned a lot faster because of it.

Not that I had much right to tell her which way to heal, as I've never managed to get an empath past about level 5ish. I just didn't want her to die.

Asile
01-01-2010, 10:46 AM
I will say that by the time TRANS ANY is worthless, a properly trained healer should have no hard RT for curing blood loss...so getting into the habit of doing:
>trans JoeSchmoe
>cure (shortcut to invoking 1101)

...shouldn't be hard.