PDA

View Full Version : LNet

Daerkstar
12-30-2009, 09:05 AM
Anyone know if LNet has an effect on how thoughts from the game are directed in wisard FE? Coincidently, after ;k LNet, my voln thoughts show in the game window instead of voln window. Can't seem to get them back where they sposed to be.

doveclaw
01-01-2010, 11:34 AM
Anyone know if LNet has an effect on how thoughts from the game are directed in wisard FE? Coincidently, after ;k LNet, my voln thoughts show in the game window instead of voln window. Can't seem to get them back where they sposed to be.

I'm not really sure about the cause of your problem, but if you don't want OOC you could just ;tuneout to turn conversations off. Since lnet would still be technically running maybe you wouldn't have the same problems.

Tillmen
01-01-2010, 01:35 PM
I can't think of anything in LNet that would affect voln thoughts. There is a bug in most of SpiffyJr's and Azanoth's scripts that makes thoughts show up in the main window, but it only does that to thoughts that immediately follow a bold message from the script.

Daerkstar
01-04-2010, 03:32 PM
OK. I believe I ruled out killing LNet as the cause as well as any Spiffy or Azenoth scripts.

I deleted my lich and .wine directory and ran a fresh install launcher, sge, wisard. No more problem until I installed lich to the registry and launched the game again. In addition to voln thoughts, thoughts directed to me on amunet go to game window. Undirected thoughts and symbol of need appear where they should. Any ideas would be greatly apprecitaed

Tillmen
01-04-2010, 04:26 PM
How consistently do the thoughts show up in the main window? Does it happen if you aren't running any scripts at all?

Daerkstar
01-05-2010, 12:20 PM
100% of voln thoughts and 100% of amunet thought directly to me. I haven't downloaded or initiated any scripts since the reinstall so just running LNet, automon, and whatever else Lich runs at start up.

Daerkstar
01-05-2010, 08:36 PM
I did another reinstall to see what would happen if I didn't install lich to registry. Attempting to login directly from lich game entry I get the following output from the shell:

sh: C:\Program Files\SIMU\Launcher.exe: command not found
error: timeout waiting for client to connect

and yet I can login fine from sge with no lich

pabstblueribbon
01-05-2010, 09:10 PM
um.... I think you downloaded shaeluns old version.

www.lichproject.com

Tillmen
01-05-2010, 09:19 PM
What's the debug file say?

Daerkstar
01-05-2010, 09:22 PM
info: Tue Jan 05 20:26:26 -0500 2010
info: $lich_dir: /home/***/lich/
info: $script_dir: /home/***/lich/scripts/
info: $data_dir: /home/***/lich/data/
info: $temp_dir: /home/***/lich/temp/
info: HAVE_GTK: true
info: no launch file given
info: no force-mode info given
info: gamehost: storm.gs4.game.play.net
info: gameport: 10024
info: game: WIZ
info: launcher_cmd: "C:\Program Files\SIMU\Launcher.exe" /home/***/lich/temp/lich.sal
info: waiting for client to connect...
error: timeout waiting for client to connect

Tillmen
01-05-2010, 09:31 PM
Apparently, Lich is trying to use the WINE registry to find out where the WINE binary is. It writes the location in the registry when you install it, because when Lich is launched by SGE, it uses SGE's environment, which has been cleaned out by WINE, and Lich can't find WINE using which... or something to that effect. I'll fix it.

Daerkstar
01-05-2010, 09:38 PM
Great. Thanks for all the help. Do you suppose that had anything to do with the thoughts trouble?

Tillmen
01-05-2010, 09:40 PM
No.. probably not.

doveclaw
01-08-2010, 01:56 PM
Is there something going on with lnet right now? Things were fine until somewhere around 11:30, give or take 15. Basically, I seem to be getting messages from lnet, but can't send anything to lnet. I believe other people are having similar problems. I get the impression that for some people it is intermittent based on some of the messages I see being sent. I seem to be permanently unable to send messages.

EDIT: Sometimes the message does actually seem to go through, but it isn't echo'd back to me.

Tillmen
01-08-2010, 02:58 PM
It should be working now.

Boreus
01-09-2010, 08:25 AM
I think Lnet may be broke again, there are some 23 people logged in I haven't heard anyone say anything in over 2 hours. I went on and asked if everyone was just being this quiet or if it's broke again and got no answers
Could be everyone is just ignoring me ::shrug:: But then again maybe it's not working right again so thought I'd post so someone who knows more then I do could look into it.

Boreus
01-09-2010, 09:25 AM
Nevermind seems some people woke up