PDA

View Full Version : Old player looking at returning...

Alarke
12-28-2009, 07:55 PM
So... I've been gone for years now.. I had a level 90 something Cleric that I very stupidly changed over to a Paladin about 3 weeks after that option was offered... I went from one of the better clerics to a very ... blah .. well I quit!

If anyone by some stretch of my imagination remembers Alarke, it's a pleasure to be back.

Anyways, it seems like quite a bit has changed, and to be honest, 90% of what I remember is the old school days when I used sword/board. I've started off brawling/shield but I plan on going CoL, so is there a reason to not use brawling?? I'm a little confused on how I'd hunt not being able to swing at low levels (not enough mana, not enough CS).

I don't plan on going spell aiming - but I have always played a lot of defense (torso chain) and strong spells (I believe I was around 2.7 or 2.8x spell training).

I'd just like to hear some thoughts on what is the best way to begin with these end goals in mind. If I should go with weapons until 20 something and move points around, or if there is a better way to get there.

Thanks for the help!

Sean of the Thread
12-28-2009, 07:57 PM
<---Remembers Alarke

Alarke
12-28-2009, 08:18 PM
<---Remembers Alarke

And I also remember you from these boards - not 100% sure who your character(s) are/were, but I do believe I remember them as well.

I figured I may be remembered as I was one hell of a vulture.... oops!

Jace Solo
12-28-2009, 08:25 PM
I assume you quit before GS4 and a lot has changed.

When you roll upyou get to assign your stats on your own.
You also get 5 reassigns and fixskills for a month.

So, max str/dex/agi and go swing until your month is up then change the stats back.

Check out lich and psinet too.

GL

and paladins pwn at your level...Like 90 or whatever

Alarke
12-28-2009, 08:32 PM
I assume you quit before GS4 and a lot has changed.

When you roll upyou get to assign your stats on your own.
You also get 5 reassigns and fixskills for a month.

So, max str/dex/agi and go swing until your month is up then change the stats back.

Check out lich and psinet too.

GL

and paladins pwn at your level...Like 90 or whatever

Nah, pallys were GS4... I started way back in GS3 days... like, 2000 people a night at max ... seems about 10% that size now. I also remember the start of Psinet back in the day. Thanks for the info on the 30 days, that will at least be helpful. What is lich??

Mtenda
12-28-2009, 08:39 PM
If you still have your old character, I think it's still possible to convert back. Of course Simu charges a hefty price. I think it's like $250. You also won't have any of the exp that you gained since converting.

Warriorbird
12-28-2009, 09:28 PM
I remember Alarke. If paladins bore you I strongly suggest forking over their crazy bribe.

TheEschaton
12-28-2009, 09:31 PM
SotD used to be Xyelin

Alarke
12-28-2009, 11:36 PM
Haha, yep, I remember Xyelin! Also, no way in hell I'd fork over $250 to convert back to a Cleric... especially if it meant losing levels I'd gained since! Not that it really matters, because I don't have Alarke anymore regardless. Thanks for the info though!

4a6c1
12-28-2009, 11:43 PM
I remember you. Welcome back. There is alot to relearn, Gemstone has definately changed. If you have questions feel free to ask, plenty of people here who can help you.

Alarke
12-28-2009, 11:45 PM
I appreciate the offer. After a few hours back in the realm i've gotten to 6 and started to relearn. It's very scary how much my fingers remember in regards to directions....

Jace Solo
12-28-2009, 11:50 PM
Character name?

Gan
12-29-2009, 12:32 AM
I vaguely remember Alarke.

Rucca
12-29-2009, 04:19 AM
I remember Alarke...from a couple years back I believe. If that was you, you were very kind and helpful to my little warrior back then. Welcome back. Oh and I have found that brawling is really only useful if you are in Voln and a pure, other than that it is great for higher DS if you carry a shield. If you want to swing a weapon, I'd go with something else.

:yeahthat:

Swami71
12-29-2009, 05:57 AM
I remember Alarke. If paladins bore you I strongly suggest forking over their crazy bribe.
THIS

The amount of time it would take you to get to 90 again it would be worth the $250 to change back IMO.

Divinity
12-29-2009, 01:16 PM
Welcome back to the game, Alarke. :) Nothing much to add other than that. Good to see people returning to the game.. even if it's temporary.

Liberi Fatali
12-29-2009, 03:28 PM
I'm pretty sure I remember Alarke, but I can't remember if it's with Jenovadeath or Zenogais (both of which I play, mind you).

Alarke
12-30-2009, 09:57 AM
I'm pretty sure I remember Alarke, but I can't remember if it's with Jenovadeath or Zenogais (both of which I play, mind you).

Oh... I remember Jenovadeath for sure. Good to hear from ya.

Kuyuk
12-30-2009, 10:09 AM
Yeah, even I remember alarke, but I dont know what character(s) I played a round him, so it's not worth me trying to say who I was.

Belnia
12-31-2009, 03:31 PM
Paladins are a one trick pony.

Farn
12-31-2009, 04:36 PM
My paladin was fun to play during the long GSS invasion on Solhaven. Uphunting things (without dying) is so strange to me. Full plate really is amazing stuff.

If you're into roleplaying, paladins can be fun with a religious view that suits you, despite their all-combat training focus.

Alarke
01-03-2010, 01:24 AM
On a random note, does anyone that still play know if Alarke is still around at all?? Would be interested in finding him again!

4a6c1
01-03-2010, 01:32 AM
Nope and havent seen him. Keep an eye out though.