PDA

View Full Version : Job switch

Jayvn
12-26-2009, 07:22 AM
So... I politely told my boss to shove it 2 days ago. Left 50 to 80 hour workweeks on a shitty salary, left 400 dumb ass forest barefoot hick white trash customers a day. Left an assload of stress my brain was not made to try to handle.

Now I get to spend my time working with the horses, doing odd jobs at the carriage museum, dj'ing still at night..only enjoying it because I have time to nap in the day, and doing the books for the business here at the house =D
In a single day it felt like I dropped a 200 pound ruck off my back..it was my Christmas present to me. FUCK CORPORATE,
Merry day after Christmas guys

<3 Jayvn

Paradii
12-26-2009, 09:17 AM
So... I politely told my boss to shove it 2 days ago. Left 50 to 80 hour workweeks on a shitty salary, left 400 dumb ass forest barefoot hick white trash customers a day. Left an assload of stress my brain was not made to try to handle.

Now I get to spend my time working with the horses, doing odd jobs at the carriage museum, dj'ing still at night..only enjoying it because I have time to nap in the day, and doing the books for the business here at the house =D
In a single day it felt like I dropped a 200 pound ruck off my back..it was my Christmas present to me. FUCK CORPORATE,

<3 Jayvn

I thought you were british. Shouldn't you be boxing people or living in boxes, or whatever you guys do on that day after christmas

Sean of the Thread
12-26-2009, 02:19 PM

<3 Jayvn

I would so take ANY job that gave me 50-80 hours a week even if it was below minimum wage at this point.

WRoss
12-26-2009, 02:21 PM
I would so take ANY job that gave me 50-80 hours a week even if it was below minimum wage at this point.

Talk to a non-corporate restaurant. I never had any problem working over 60 hours at any restaurant I ever worked at.

Sean of the Thread
12-26-2009, 02:32 PM
Talk to a non-corporate restaurant. I never had any problem working over 60 hours at any restaurant I ever worked at.

I really hate people dining I don't think I could be a server. Hell I don't even like dining out because of the other assholes dining.

I used to go up to my old lady's work and help her out by bussing and people were real douchebags.

At least when I was a bartender there all I had to do was listen to the servers bitch when they came to pick up the drinks all the while knowing they had to tip me out. (except for her obviously I had to give all my money to her anyways).

Also the non-corporate places here are really hard to get into. I've tried a couple times :(

The corporate places blow because they have too many f'n servers. You get like what 3 tables at a Chili's?

4a6c1
12-27-2009, 09:46 AM

<3 Jayvn

Congrats. Haha. That is awesome.