PDA

View Full Version : Salut!

Xcalibur
12-23-2009, 12:14 AM
Well, the last time I was a bit active here was when FAllout 3 was still a rumor and for hardcore fan people such as me, just the idea of that game being a real project was really something cool. Yeah, I'm a gamer.

Then the game came, I played, I was disapointed and well, life moved on, as always.

But hey, why this web site is still in my favorite? Why I just simply not erase it since I no longer play gs4 since what? 5 years?

Let me think loudly a bit.

I was thinking lately about those things you did in your past and that you need to accept them, either they were good or not to, again, move on to other things. Gemstone was, for me at least, something I did. A lot of hours were invested and I'm really certain that now, all of this is something that belong to my past and will remain as it is in my mind: a souvenir and you people will be a part of it.

So let me make a kind of epilogue and finish all of this.

I remember back in 2000 when I was hanging on msn.ca or .com to play some axies and allies game and I saw this ad about this game. I wasn't interested at all but still, hey, I wanted to try. I played a bit of theater back in my high school years and was still playing some dice and paper games with some of my buddies so hey.. maybe?

I tried and hated it. I moved on and came back, maybe 6 months later with a new account (msn was really cool for that). I tried and tried and tried but need to delete all those accounts after one month. I finally tried with a subscription and started with my main character you all know.

I was reading some web sites to know about the game and I discovered the-spot.com. That website was great but it lacked the badass attitude. I hanged there a bit, then someone spoke about this forum (I think it was that guy.... not kranar but... hmm... what's his name... he was a buddy of weedmage princess)..

I was still studying back then and needed some money to support my hungry girlfriend. I made some money and was happy with it.

I met some kind and cool people.... Morquendii and parkbandit's character back on teras. Really, when GS3 was there, it was fun. My real interest in the game died with gs3 when I think of it.

Then I sold Sall and got Silthar. I played him for like 4 months and I sold em. It was in those days that I made some bad stuff. The Rsen incident. Again, I was responsable for her death as I always said but I wasn't the direct doer. Still, that's bad and I admit it. Thinking about all of this, it was a kind of a way to just go. But man, it was really idiotic.

Then, it was the forum. The Kage days, the Teeoncy days, the Chad days and surely some other people that made this forum really cool. It was fun and sometimes, really, I was feeling as all of this was interesting. I tried to come back to the game but I was unable to do so, really I had no fun.

I invested what... maybe 5,000 hours of my life in all this? I have no regrets in spending all those hours, besides what I did for being an asshole to Rsen.

Well, seriously, thanks to you. I enjoyed it and now it's time for me to go.

I'm 32 now. I have 3 children, we're thinking of having 1 more. I have my house, my car, my travels, my little happy life as everyone should have. Still with the same girlfriend for those that remember her. Really, I'm lucky to have her.

I'll come in a few days to read the replies and will remove this web site from my favorite.

As sometimes, you need to clean up some stuff in your mind before going elsewhere.

Salut!

p.s. I know, I'm being a bit emotional, but really, it's kinda sad. I lived some strong moments in my life and that game... some of you were in a way part of my life.

Donald.

Celephais
12-23-2009, 12:30 AM
http://content6.flixster.com/photo/10/14/58/10145896_gal.jpg

AnticorRifling
12-23-2009, 12:51 AM
X you frenchie bastard! Welcome back.

Whimsi
12-23-2009, 01:45 AM
Three kids, that's great. Grats on that for real.

TheEschaton
12-23-2009, 02:48 AM
Oh man, I was hoping no one would respond so that when he'd come back in a few days, there'd be nothing to read. Damn it Cele.

Sean of the Thread
12-23-2009, 06:17 AM
Haha XCALIBUR LIVES!

Crazy frog bastard. I was going to put you in the death pool too.

Celephais
12-23-2009, 06:35 AM
Oh man, I was hoping no one would respond so that when he'd come back in a few days, there'd be nothing to read. Damn it Cele.
Did you enjoy reading my post? Personally I was hoping people would respond with only stupid pictures, so he'd be as confused as most of us when we read his non-sensical posts.

Sean of the Thread
12-23-2009, 07:03 AM
He's naturally confused and hilarity usually ensues anyways.

ElvenFury
12-23-2009, 09:08 AM
http://www.roflronjon.net/images/Other/tldr.jpg

4a6c1
01-04-2010, 12:23 AM
OMG I MISSED XCALIBUR COMING BACK.

Also, that tldr is the best one ever. Ever. E-V-E-R.

Welcome back X. How come you still type bad english? I've been to Canada since the last time I made fun of you and I'm pretty sure nobody else there talks like that there.

Stanley Burrell
01-04-2010, 12:47 AM
Ohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohoh

4a6c1
01-04-2010, 12:53 AM
Wtf did you call me?

Asha
09-19-2010, 02:59 AM
Ohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohoh

sorry didnt see this till today but HAHAHAH!! Awesome.

4a6c1
09-19-2010, 12:25 PM
!!

Kuyuk
09-19-2010, 03:53 PM
I played Sc2 with someone named xcalibur, and the first thing I asked is if he played GS

g++
09-24-2010, 01:23 PM
I played Sc2 with someone named xcalibur, and the first thing I asked is if he played GS

Its always socially awkward being wrong about that.

1: So did you every play a game called gemstone?
2: No. No I didnt
pause
pause
pause
2: So whats gemstone btw?
1: Oh its just a really old game, I wouldnt look it up or anything. Oh look the flag respawned lets not talk about this anymore.

Fallen
09-24-2010, 01:24 PM

pause
pause
pause
1: Oh its just a really old game, I wouldnt look it up or anything. Oh look the flag respawned lets not talk about this anymore.

Heh.

4a6c1
09-24-2010, 01:48 PM

pause
pause
pause

:lol:

Kainen
09-24-2010, 03:30 PM

pause
pause
pause

:lol: :lol:

added 2 just to outdo Rojo :D

4a6c1
09-24-2010, 03:35 PM
:spaz: