PDA

View Full Version : Atlas Newb

Hulkein
12-20-2009, 03:13 PM
I downloaded and extracted all the maps into the correct folder. When I open Atlas, it knows where I am. However, when I click a certain map spot, half the time it will say "Atlas cannot find a path." Well, the path is shown right on the map.

What's the deal here? Am I missing something? Is Atlas at all useful? Any input is appreciated.

Stretch
12-20-2009, 03:46 PM
Atlas was one of the reasons I bothered keeping my account active as long as I did. It removed one of the many dull parts of Gemstone.

I don't have a good memory of troubleshooting it, but try unlinking and linking to PsiNet and then updating Atlas if prompted.

Whimsi
12-20-2009, 03:51 PM
Are you going to use lich? It uses the Atlas feature and really, you get great feedback if you post a question in the lich folder.

Hulkein
12-20-2009, 04:58 PM
Atlas was one of the reasons I bothered keeping my account active as long as I did. It removed one of the many dull parts of Gemstone.

I don't have a good memory of troubleshooting it, but try unlinking and linking to PsiNet and then updating Atlas if prompted.

You have to be linked for it to work? That could explain it if so.

I'll try Lich if I can't get Psinet to work. I am just really used to the rest of Psinet's commands and really like it.

Whimsi
12-20-2009, 05:11 PM
Well, I just meant that a few of the people in the lich community are really good at helping with questions/installation/problems and they respond in a timely manner. But you can use both psinet and lich. I have both.

Calbren
12-20-2009, 05:35 PM
Psinet doesn't require a link to work. The problem is the map database doesn't have a room for that area.