PDA

View Full Version : any chance of gladiator games?

LOL BRIELUS
12-15-2009, 04:49 PM
I remember even in like 97 how much fun they were...any chance of it coming back?

Methais
12-15-2009, 04:51 PM
Simu's not interested in fun, so probably not.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
12-15-2009, 05:23 PM
I heard when the class after monks come out... what were they? Coneheads or something.

Methais
12-15-2009, 05:36 PM
Wasn't opening up the Gladiator Arena on Simu's list of '09 goals? I know they've mentioned opening it up (I'm assuming permanently) within the past year or 2.

Asile
12-16-2009, 09:24 AM
I want to say that the last I heard was that the Glad Games were put on hold because something is buggy.. somewhere... But I heard this a long while ago, so maybe this is my brain's way of trying to put a valid reason behind the lack of the Glad Games.

The coming Highman Games (or whatever it's called) sounds kinda like a way to bring this sort of event back. Unfortunately, because it's so focused on physical games, unless I've got friends participating, I don't see my characters having a high interest in it. I guess we'll see.

Fallen
12-16-2009, 09:26 AM
I imagine the GM that was working on the project moved on, and no other GM has decided to make them a priority. This process is likely why the vast majority of projects are either abandoned, or delayed for years on end. People ask on the officials every now and then, with little to no meaningful response.

LadyLaphrael
12-16-2009, 09:43 AM
I heard when the class after monks come out... what were they? Coneheads or something.

Nah, they already added Coneheads when they added Sunfist...

The Grandmaster puts his hand on your shoulder, looks you straight in the eyes, and says, "So, you believe that you are ready to graduate from Apprentice to Journeyman status? I have indeed heard good things about you and I might be willing to grant your request. Before I do, I would like for you to demonstrate your survival abilities to my satisfaction."

The Grandmaster continues, "Report to the arena just down the hall from my local superintendent's office. There you will be tested in one-on-one combat. You must...Narfle the Garthok!"