PDA

View Full Version : Are you guilty?

Mint
03-12-2004, 11:52 PM
I didn’t write this but wish I had. Do you see your own posting style in any of these?

1. Post a message asking how to post messages.

2. Post a new thread of old posts from a thread that died months ago with a title such as "*** HAS JOE SMITH FORGOTTEN HIS LIES? ***"

3. Determine a perversion so bizarre or obscure that it doesn't yet have its own sex group.

4. Follow up a 200-line post to add only your signature.

5. Correct every spelling mistake you encounter, but misspell the word "imbecile" in your followup flames.

6. Flame yourself, and complain to the mods.

7. Ask any other member when they last had dates.

8. Post your trig homework and ask the members to post you the answers.

9. Provoke insightful and productive debates on fresh new topics such as abortion, gun control, the existence of God, penile circumcision, and the relative superiority of Mac or PC operating systems.

10. Maintain a high-level of constructive decorum by addressing someone with whom you disagree as "monkey boy."

11. Post whining, misspelled, and vaguely creepy personal information in wildly inappropriate threads, and followup to berate the members for not responding.

12. Construct a device that lets your pets post to Player’s Corner by pawing or pecking a feeder bar.

13. Eliminate nearly all meaningful traffic in other threads for weeks by challenging the members to come up with as many synonyms as possible for the word vomit.

14. Claim that you can see "hidden images" in another person's posting when you cross your eyes.

15. Ask Austrian readers about kangaroos.

16. Ask Australian readers about alpine skiing.

17. Include Rush lyrics or Rush quotes in all your posts.

18. Accuse female posters of being male.

19. Insist that anyone objecting to your compulsive fascination with consuming the flesh of strangled disabled minors is "judgemental."

20. If you've grown tired of typing, effectively end a thread by accusing others of being Nazis.

21. Write and regularly post a FAQ about yourself.

22. Post graphic descriptions of your bowel movements, genital sores, and various suppurating wounds.

23. Insist that there's no such state in the U.S. as "New Mexico."

24. Why use a single question mark or exclamation point when you can use at least thirty?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

25. Insult a poster from another nation based on his country's performance in World War II.

26. Regardless of its accuracy, followup another post with the line "BZZZT! Wrong answer!".

27. Steer all debates to your own pet subjects of expertise, regardless of their relevance.

28. Make it clear from your postings that you've a profound inability to distinguish "The X Files" as fiction.

29. Insist that another poster is really Teeoncy or Klaive.

30. Insinuate vague conspiracies in all your posts.

31. POST IN ALL CAPS

32. omit all punctuation

33. omitallspaces

34. DOALLTHREEOFTHEABOVE

35. Strive to ensure that no two consecutive words in your posts are correctly spelled.

36. Enrich the lives of hundreds with a thoughtful and impassioned debate on the topic "AOL users suck."

37. Dispense essential and priceless financial advice, such as the assertion that no one is legally required to pay taxes.

38. Followup another person's posts every twelve minutes to accuse them of "obsessing."

39. Followup two dozen of another person's posts to accuse them of harassing you. Send copious U2U’s if you're ignored.

40. Start pointless debates over topics such as whether Whoopi Goldberg has eyebrows, what happens when you cross the International Dateline, and whether the bad guy in Popeye cartoons was named "Bluto" or "Brutus."

Bobmuhthol
03-12-2004, 11:54 PM
No.

Snapp
03-12-2004, 11:59 PM
MINTISAMALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit: No, I'm not either.

[Edited on 3-13-2004 by Snapp]

Latrinsorm
03-13-2004, 12:11 AM
Only until I knew better (Sorry Skirmisher!). And technically backwards once until I knew better (Sorry Raven!).

p.s. Mint = Teeoncy

LordSagan
03-13-2004, 07:27 AM
Monkey boy

Pallon
03-13-2004, 07:33 AM
When it comes to smarmy posting guidelines, I will choose free will

Sweets
03-13-2004, 08:02 AM
YOUAREALLMONKEYBOYS!!!111!!!!!

Weedmage Princess
03-13-2004, 09:15 AM
WHAT ARE YOU A NAZI OR SOMETHING?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

And, of course not. ::smiles innocently::

MPSorc
03-13-2004, 09:29 AM
BZZT!! Wrong answer!

Artha
03-13-2004, 09:46 AM
And, of course not. ::smiles innocently::

Commas do not come after and!

imbesile.

TheEschaton
03-13-2004, 09:49 AM
I think the religious/moral implications of such a topic are far too grandiose, and might require a 12 page dissertation to be forthcoming.

-TheE-

Artha
03-13-2004, 10:24 AM
You know who else likes 12 page disseratations...the Illuminati.

But you did know that, didn't you, TheEschaton?

[Edited on 3-13-2004 by Artha]

TheEschaton
03-13-2004, 10:30 AM
Mmmmmmmm, the Illuminati.

-TheE-

Artha
03-13-2004, 10:33 AM
That's what I thought, monkey boy.

TheEschaton
03-13-2004, 10:35 AM
I don't think I even know what the Illuminati are, outside of the obtuse Hollywood rendering of Tomb Raider.

-TheE-

Bobmuhthol
03-13-2004, 10:40 AM
Illuminati = NEW NEW NEW WORLD ORDER

And everyone thinks nWo refers to wrestling:rolleyes:

Artha
03-13-2004, 10:45 AM
Bob's right.

Pack up all those phantoms
Shoulder that invisible load
Keep on riding North and West
Haunting that wilderness road
Like a ghost rider

Carry all those phantoms
Through bitter wind and stormy skies
From the desert to the mountain
From the lowest low to the highest high
Like a ghost rider

Keep on riding North and West
Then circle South and East
Show me beauty but there is no peace
For the ghost rider

Shadows on the road behind
Shadows on the road ahead
Nothing can stop you now

There's a shadow on the road behind
There's a shadow on the road ahead
Nothing can stop you now

Sunrise in the mirror
Lightens that invisible load
Riding on a nameless quest
Haunting that wilderness road
Like a ghost rider

Just an escape artist
Racing against the night
A wandering hermit
Racing toward the light

From the white sands
To the canyonlands
To the redwood stands
To the barren lands

Sunrise on the road behind
Sunset on the road ahead
There's nothing to stop you now
Nothing can stop you now

Bobmuhthol
03-13-2004, 10:48 AM
Although I didn't know they sang Neil Pearl songs. :?:

Artha
03-13-2004, 10:50 AM
APPARENTLYTHEYDO

Weedmage Princess
03-13-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
And everyone thinks nWo refers to wrestling:rolleyes:

:?:

It doesn't?

:wow:

Bobmuhthol
03-13-2004, 10:59 AM
No, it doesn't. (http://conspiracy.freewebspace.com/)

HarmNone
03-13-2004, 12:38 PM
Heh. Love the list! So many of those apply to our posters (present and *cough* past), and posters on other message boards with which I am familiar.

The list-maker left out one of my personal favorites, however. You know the type...90% of his/her sentences start with "I" and he/she will do almost anything to turn a thread into something about him/herself. Failing that, said lovely individual will derail the thread. :D

HarmNone

Latrinsorm
03-13-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by TheEschaton
I don't think I even know what the Illuminati are, outside of the obtuse Hollywood rendering of Tomb Raider.The Illuminati were on that show Gargoyles. It was cool, I think.

Skirmisher
03-13-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by HarmNone
Heh. Love the list! So many of those apply to our posters (present and *cough* past), and posters on other message boards with which I am familiar.

The list-maker left out one of my personal favorites, however. You know the type...90% of his/her sentences start with "I" and he/she will do almost anything to turn a thread into something about him/herself. Failing that, said lovely individual will derail the thread. :D

HarmNone

I do not.

Wezas
03-13-2004, 06:59 PM
No.

I'MSOSORRYBUTIDIDNOTSAYITLOOKEDLIKEAHANDAXEISAIDIT WASAHANDAXEANDITISINGEMSTONEMECHANICSANDTHEGAMEWEA RETALKINGABOUTISGEMSTONESOFUCKYOU?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Violation of #24, 31, 33, 34, and possibly others.

Galleazzo
03-15-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by HarmNoneThe list-maker left out one of my personal favorites, however. You know the type...90% of his/her sentences start with "I" and he/she will do almost anything to turn a thread into something about him/herself. Failing that, said lovely individual will derail the thread.

You mean me doncha! Why is it always about ME?!?!?!?!? FUCKENNASTYPEOPLEOUTTOGETME

Hey, but at least I don't call anyone Monkey Boy. It wouldn't be polite, doncha know.

:lol:

Shalla
03-15-2004, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Latrinsorm
The Illuminati were on that show Gargoyles. It was cool, I think.

oOoo! I loved that show!

Shalla
03-15-2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Galleazzo
You mean me doncha! Why is it always about ME?!?!?!?!? FUCKENNASTYPEOPLEOUTTOGETME
:lol:

She got me checking my posts to check if it was actually me. :lol:

HarmNone
03-15-2004, 03:53 PM
Hee! Gotcha! Who did the Pagan mean, eh? Well, if the foo shits, wear it! :D

HarmNone