PDA

View Full Version : greaves with piercing protection.

deadly
12-02-2009, 12:02 PM
SICK of spikethorn.

I need two sets one for my cleric one for my ranger thanks.

Fallen
12-02-2009, 12:13 PM
You can actually build your own set of protected greaves with maximized protection against Spikethorn. You first need to find a place which sells leather arm/leg greaves. I think Belnia knows of a source. Then you get a ranger to put nature protection into them, then have a warrior have pierce protection added to them (I think these can stack). Between the two you should have fairly ample coverage.

droit
12-02-2009, 12:59 PM
I don't believe pierce and nature resistance stack. I think it just uses the higher of the two bonuses, even though the messaging indicates both activate. IMO, you're better off just getting some Regyy resistance on your armor if you can (brig or lower, MCP or lower, depending on what SMC enhancives Regyy still has). If your characters are wearing chain class armor, get some leather greaves and resist those. Warrior resistance wears off too quickly for it to be convenient, but ranger rez will last hundreds of strikes.

BriarFox
12-02-2009, 01:00 PM
I don't believe pierce and nature resistance stack. I think it just uses the higher of the two bonuses, even though the messaging indicates both activate. IMO, you're better off just getting some Regyy resistance on your armor if you can (brig or lower, MCP or lower, depending on what SMC enhancives Regyy still has). If your characters are wearing chain class armor, get some leather greaves and resist those. Warrior resistance wears off too quickly for it to be convenient.

Ranger resistance won't work on greaves if you're wearing chain or plate, unfortunately.

droit
12-02-2009, 01:01 PM
Oh right. If you're in chain, then, go find a warrior.

AKOE!
12-02-2009, 01:41 PM
You can find the leather arm and leg greaves from that Caravan set up in the foothills near the thief gnolls. I forget the name of it but the even have their own bank.

droit
12-02-2009, 01:42 PM
http://www.virilneus.com/spikethorn.html

Lulz.

deadly
12-02-2009, 02:39 PM
can anybody tell me what regs aim is? what he posts as and any other alts he may have so I can get him to do my two sets of brig?

deadly
12-02-2009, 05:10 PM
any idea how much he charges for it to be put on FGB or some greaves?