PDA

View Full Version : Alter my maul

pabstblueribbon
11-29-2009, 12:29 AM
I'm downgrading my premium account and need to use up my 1200 premium points.

I suck at alters. Its a perfect ora maul which is really pretty bland. I was thinking:

a massive rune-etched ora sledgehammer

But thats pretty bland too. Thoughts nao!

WRoss
11-29-2009, 12:32 AM
get "a faille sack" and turn it into "a massive faille sack"

pabstblueribbon
11-29-2009, 12:33 AM
I hate you.

WRoss
11-29-2009, 12:44 AM
That wasn't directed at you. I just think it'd be hilarious to have someone wearing a massive faille sack

Drew
11-29-2009, 01:54 AM
Two things I hate:

"massive" weapons

"rune etched" weapons

How about: a chipped ora sledgehammer with a cloth wrapped haft

WRoss
11-29-2009, 02:10 AM
an ora maul capped with an gold figurine with an outstretched arm and a raised leg

Etched into the face of the hammer are canals filled with reds and blacks, navy blues and oranges, purples and golds, and crimsons and whites. Upon closer inspection the canals are actually words that spell out, "Here is the tool that Tim Tebow has used to beat down the non believers."

Ugotfaced
11-29-2009, 11:08 AM
Just wondering who's using the sledge? race/prof. please.. deity if chosen?

pabstblueribbon
11-29-2009, 12:15 PM
Eonake worshipping dwarf paladin.

Here's my current ensemble..

You are wearing a blackened deathstone-studded longcoat cinched tightly with numerous straps and fastenings, a sickle-shaped mithril beard clip, a battered leather knapsack, a translucent spidersilk backpack, a weathered dark vultite hauberk, a blackened hobnail bag strung with thick laje cord, a ragged spidersilk pouch, and a well-worn pair of imflass plated infantry boots.

I know, the longcoat is a bit much..

Smythe
11-29-2009, 12:23 PM
Should go fer a dwarven skull mangler. Or knee mangler.

- Smythe

Asile
11-29-2009, 01:57 PM
Alright, love it, hate it, don't care about it, but at least you can't say I didn't try to help.

TAP: a gold-inlaid ora sledgehammer

SHOW: The outline of a large anvil has been set with gold onto each flat side of the sledgehammer head. Worn strips of brown leather wrap around the shaft to help provide a secure grip. Two words in Dwarven are burned around the circumference of the shaft at the bottom.

READ SLEDGEHAMMER (for Dwarves): In the Dwarven language you read, "Skull Crusher."
READ SLEDGEHAMMER (for non-Dwarves): There is something written in Dwarven that you can't understand. (or whatever the messaging is when you don't know the language)

Belnia
11-29-2009, 02:12 PM
an anvil-headed ginormous ora sledgehammer
Blah blah blah runes, blah blah Dwarf.

Androidpk
11-29-2009, 03:01 PM
Should go fer a dwarven skull mangler. Or knee mangler.

- Smythe

Both would probably get denied by a GM since mangler isn't on the list for mauls.

Alorn15
11-29-2009, 03:10 PM
Laphrael gave me this alteration a bit ago after asking a few questions about my character. I didn't end up using it, but I think that it's very well done - especially the show. You might want to tweak it a bit to suit your character and the maul's ora, but if nothing else it could provide a starting point or just get some ideas going. Hope L doesn't mind me posting it publicly:

a jagged-haft colossal black maul

It is unknown whether the result of a failed forging experiment or if its crafter was limited in his materials. The oversized steel head is uneven, yet its imperfections create a terrifying prospect that a clean strike could dig its way into armor and crush bone at odd angles. The haft, a poorly chosen piece of jagged ebony, shows little sign of sanding to remove the twisting irregularities, but scored glaesine reinforcements serve to overcome the shape and support the massive bulk of this behemoth.

Methais
11-29-2009, 03:19 PM
Change it to:

A really big hammer.

Ugotfaced
11-29-2009, 04:47 PM
A large flesh-caked sledgehammer

L sledg

Chunks of flesh appear to be infused into the end of this stocky hammer. It's head a massive anvil(thanks asile) scratched and nicked from use. Along the shaft are swirled strips of eonake. Wrapping the handle is a soft, worn piece of black leather. It appears to have something written on it.

read sledg

It reads; Soul Destroyer

could make that written in dwarven.. Idk