PDA

View Full Version : my GS is fubar please halp

LOL BRIELUS
11-28-2009, 09:56 AM
Halp! I am not a computer guy, and somehow i fubar'd my GS where it doesn't even log on. This is what I did:

I tried to update to the latest Psinet version. It wouldn't let me because I didn't have administrator access, or something to that effect. After making sure my firewall was off, and anti-spyware software was off, i tried to reinstall, no good. So, I uninstalled my current version of psinet, and then tried to reinstall, which said I still didn't have the admin access. So, I went and downloaded Lich, downloaded it and Ruby, but it said float 60.00 out of range.

GS does not work.

Please halp.

Signed, Frupple

Belnia
11-28-2009, 09:59 AM
lol brielus

Try reverting back to the version of Psinet before the one you tried to install. Or if you've got Restore Points on your computer, reset to one a day or two ago before you tried tinkering with things.

Asha
11-28-2009, 10:09 AM
Reset to factory settings.
Thanks a lot.

LOL BRIELUS
11-28-2009, 10:40 AM
ok, thanks. it's working again, but I still have an old version of psinet, and I can't install the new version, or connect to the server and chat/magic/etc. do i have to pay for the service now?

Gelston
11-28-2009, 05:46 PM
No, your psinet key is likely gone and you have to wait for it to reset.

Alorn15
11-28-2009, 05:59 PM
It sounds like you're on VISTA or 7.

A general piece of advice - in the future, when you want to install something, right click on it and hit Run As Administrator.