PDA

View Full Version : Paladin spells?

kgolfer
11-27-2009, 10:51 AM
What is the recommendation on spell training for Paladins (at cap)? Stop at 40 Paladin ranks or fully 1x? Spirit I stopped at 20 ranks.

Any benefit to going beyond 40 Paladin ranks?

AK

TheLastShamurai
11-27-2009, 01:34 PM
Paladins are slated to be .75 spells at cap, which is what I was when I first hit cap with 50 Paladin and 25 MnS.

Going beyond 40 ranks will obviously increase your CS, which you'll need for a lot of creatures, but also the AS benefit from Patron's Blessing is uncapped, so your spell ranks will improve your AS as well.

Sylvan Dreams
11-27-2009, 01:52 PM
My paladin is 81 Paladin/20 Minor Spirit spells, with the intention of (if I play that long) to go full 2x in spells.

TheLastShamurai
11-27-2009, 02:01 PM
My paladin is 81 Paladin/20 Minor Spirit spells, with the intention of (if I play that long) to go full 2x in spells.

I'm 61 Paladin/40 MnS right now, but if I ever start hunting again I'd probably be closer your build with 76 Paladin/25 MnS, since there are never Locksmiths on Teras. :(

I think I calculated I would be around 19 mil EXP before I ever attempted 2x Spells. Even then, that's a crapton of EXP depending on how you're getting TP's. I think it's like 4.5? mil EXP if you're only receiving MTP's. :(

Sylvan Dreams
11-27-2009, 02:15 PM
I'm 61 Paladin/40 MnS right now, but if I ever start hunting again I'd probably be closer your build with 76 Paladin/25 MnS, since there are never Locksmiths on Teras. :(

I think I calculated I would be around 19 mil EXP before I ever attempted 2x Spells. Even then, that's a crapton of EXP depending on how you're getting TP's. I think it's like 4.5? mil EXP if you're only receiving MTP's. :(

I'd probably be at around 19m before I think about 2x spells. If I worked at it, I could probably get there in 5-6 months, but meh, why bother? I'm not sure how long it will take me to get to 2x spells. I'm getting PTP's right now, but I'm training in more physical things at the moment - 662 points converted to MTP. By the time I am ready to consider 2x spells, I might very well be in MTP's.