PDA

View Full Version : (s)waggle - cast soonest to expire first

geoffire
11-25-2009, 06:49 AM
I guess you could say this is a feature request. I wrote a small script that does what i want until its implemented and and an example i guess. I'm sure others will want this too.

I want an option to have it cast the soonest to expire spell each time it casts. this way i don't have to reset the durations nearly every time i use waggle/swaggle. Second request is make the stopping point changeable when you run it. so if can run ;waggle 120 and it will spell me up to 120 minutes, but i'f i get impatient and kill it early i won't have 120 minutes of half my spells and none of the rest.

Here's my script. I used waggle because i'm not sure how to change the durations in swaggle without using the setup. It causes some extra screen scroll (for you only) but it works....

#wagup makes waggle do what it should!

if script.vars[1] =~ /help/i
echo "wagup - uses waggle to bring all the spells up in 15 minute intervals"
echo "default is start at 15 minutes and keep going untill 4 hours"
echo "useage ;wagup (stop at duration) (start duration) "
exit
end

# if you don't like 15 minute intervals change it here
interval = 15

die_with_me "waggle"
num = 15
endnum = 240
if script.vars[1]
endnum = (script.vars[1]).to_i
end
if script.vars[2]
num = (script.vars[2]).to_i
end

while num <= endnum
start_script "waggle", [ "stacksmax", "#{num}" ]
wait_while { running? "waggle" }
start_script "waggle", [ "stacksmin", "#{num}" ]
start_script "waggle"
num = num + interval
end

pabstblueribbon
11-25-2009, 09:33 AM
I think balanced stacking would be a better name for this.... Also check out. Silence_me

geoffire
11-25-2009, 07:31 PM
your right, balanced stacking is what to call this. Couldn't think of anything... And yes, if your using the script i posted adding Silence_me and quiet_exit to it and waggle, you won't get so much scroll. But this is more of a workaround until someone adds this feature to swaggle or waggle. I'm afraid i don't really understand how those scripts work enough to do it myself. My script writing is fairly primitive...