PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Lich users for gathering playershops data

Alorn15
11-24-2009, 06:10 PM
The era of my unemployment is over. Starting Monday I will have significantly less time to contribute to projects like this.

I need people are who comfortable with the Lich environment. Running citizendata.lic isn't all the difficult - you just start it near/inside a town and AFK for 30-90 minutes - but the more you know about Lich scripts the easier your job will be.

For example, you could write a script that will automate the process of travelling between VO/WL/IMT/FWI as well as execution of citizendata. Lich is also slated to get functions to login/logout of the game while remaining in the ruby environment, so you could plan on taking advantage of that as well.

Of course, the above familiarity isn't crucial, and if you're willing to manually travel and execute the script for a few towns on a daily basis, then we should still talk.

EDIT: I should probably mention this: If I know you well, talk to me about getting access to my account with a character in each city. The account has been after all paid for by player donations.

Flessen
11-24-2009, 06:46 PM
The following code is what I used for travelling between WL/SOL/IMT. You must change the Char.name to what ever character you will use.

def citizendata
start_script 'citizendata'
wait_while{running? "citizendata"}
end

def gosol
start_script 'go2', [ '1434', '_disable_confirm_' ]
wait_while{running? "go2"}
end

def golanding
start_script 'go2', [ '228', '_disable_confirm_' ]
end

def goicemule
start_script 'go2', [ '2300', '_disable_confirm_' ]
end

if Char.name == "Lycurgus"
fput 'location'
x = matchwait("Landing", "Icemule Trace", "Solhaven")
if x =~ /Landing/i
citizendata
sleep 60
protectself
start_exec_script( ';e loop { fput "quit" if dead?; sleep 5; }' )
gosol
multifput("put my runestaff in my knap","close my knap")
citizendata
sleep 60
goicemule
citizendata
sleep 60
fput 'time'
sleep 2
fput 'quit'
elsif x =~ /Icemule/i
citizendata
sleep 60
protectself
golanding
citizendata
sleep 60
gosol
citizendata
sleep 60
fput 'time'
sleep 2
fput 'quit'
elsif x =~ /Solhaven/i
citizendata
sleep 60
protectself
golanding
citizendata
sleep 60
goicemule
citizendata
sleep 60
fput 'time'
sleep 2
fput 'quit'
else
echo "Dude, we are lost!"
end
else
echo "Not on the right character"
end

crb
11-25-2009, 05:30 PM
You don't need to commit to do every town either, the system would work just as well with 1 volunteer for each town.

Flessen
11-25-2009, 09:51 PM
I will keep up IMT/WL/SH for as long as I can.

Sam
11-27-2009, 04:30 PM
I'm confused. Did Flessen get banned?

Morrff
11-27-2009, 04:40 PM
I'm going to assume that the new data gathering version is using Game.Obj? If not I can begin gathering data for FWI, RR, SOL, WL, Illi, IM.

I won't be able to do Vaalor or Teras on a daily basis.

If it does use Game.Obj I'll need a few to get my external HDD to backup all my data before I try to get on Lich V4. I refuse to uninstall Psinet/Lich/SGE before I back up my data off of my laptop.

Thank you to Alorn15/CRB/Tillmen and who ever else was involved, perhaps Joseph as well. This was indeed a needed change and I will try and aid however I can. Running the updating or gathering is only part of the least I can do.

Cylas

Alorn15
11-28-2009, 12:36 AM
GameObj is indeed involved. Just let me know when you have a V4 environment and I'll get you the script, Cylas.

Tillmen
11-28-2009, 03:25 AM
GameObj was implemented in 3.59, so unless you're on Shaelun's Lich, you don't need to uninstall/install anything.

Flessen
11-28-2009, 10:02 AM
Nah not banned at all. I just have been working 16 hours days and haven't had a chance to update WL/SH/IMT

I can still do those if you can take what you can.

Jaimaltz
11-28-2009, 01:01 PM
I'd suggest a script that could contact Virilneus' site, and return with info on when each town was last updated. Would make it really convenient to know how badly a town needs a new scan, and would also be useful for people running searches for items.

Alorn15
11-28-2009, 01:37 PM
I'd suggest a script that could contact Virilneus' site, and return with info on when each town was last updated. Would make it really convenient to know how badly a town needs a new scan, and would also be useful for people running searches for items.

It's true that this functionality isn't currently available in-game via a script, but you can find out when a town was last updated on V's website by mousing over the town name.

Nilandia
12-01-2009, 01:22 AM
I've mentioned it to Alorn and I'll post it here. I'm more than willing to help with logging shops now that I've managed to get Psinet and Lich to play nicely together. I've got characters in every town and can handle scroll reading in all of them except Ta'Illistim. Lowest is my character in Teras with 20 ranks of scroll reading. I also have an open Plat account so I can log there if need be, and my character in Plat has at least 20 ranks of scroll reading as well.

Drop me a line if you need my help.

Gretchen

Dienjiini
12-06-2009, 08:39 PM
I can help as well. I have a plat account also. I can run lich and psinet. I haven't done it in a while but I'm rather decent at coding. My aim is Dienjiini.