PDA

View Full Version : gimmie some tips

Marl
11-24-2009, 02:33 PM
Ok So I want to make me a different char to mess around with from time to time and after much deliberation that char has become a Burghal Gnome Empath.
I do not plan on doing much with this character so lets say I will "CAP" around 30-35 or so.
Most of the time spent (80% or more) on this character will be spent healing, and the rest hunting/skinning.
What hunting technique would be most viable for this role? shattermaniac pure? claid swinging crazy man? arrows from the dark? I DO NOT want hunting to be a hard task when I actually want to hunt and refuse sword/board. Would prob prefer a pure tbh

So anyone with a roundabout training plan want to help me out?
Also any number crunchers want to help me out with the stat part?

Again remember this char will NOT see over level 40 most likely never reach level 30, it will just be a fun side project for me so stats can max around 20-30 or w/e

Thanks for any help you guys/gals have!!

Latrinsorm
11-24-2009, 05:45 PM
1x empath circle
2x harness

Go nuts.

WRoss
11-24-2009, 06:20 PM
Reroll into forest gnome for the +5 wisdom, 2x empath spells, 1x mental mana control, 1x transformation (for healing), 2x harness power, and have fun. Another option I did around 25 was I used 111 and 1110. There are a lot of critters that will die instantly when using those spells. It is just super mana intensive to use early on.

Marl
11-25-2009, 01:43 AM
transformation is the only lore i need?
what should I do about FA 2-3x?
I was thinking of not going runestaff and just open hand casting with a shield? Is that even an option? How would my ds be with shield compared to runestaff and if using a shield should I throw a few into brawl?It would free up alot of tps since I dont have to put any in as/miu and I could use them elsewhere like survival for skinning and stealin change etc etc

basically

get up to doubles in armor
2x hp
1x MMC
1x trans lore
2x emp
.5 mns
.5mjs
2-3x fa?

rando skills i was thikin
survival
shield use? 1-2x?
pp

and stat wise whats a good starting point to soft cap @ 35 or so
burghal gnome it is gonna be due to the character ;)

kookiegod
11-25-2009, 10:14 AM
Personally....

1-10 I'd use a polearm or two hander to get quick kills in rats/ants/hobs/etc. and go as far as you can with that till you respec before the end of 30 days. Doing that on a new empath of mine thats only going to 20 on one of my accounts just to be a spare healer when I can't find one conviently.

Then convert over to a pure as above.

If you don't mind missing sign of staunching, consider sunfist for the warcamps/tasks, and with the sigils, can eat herbs in 1sec.

~Paul

Marl
11-25-2009, 10:19 AM
Personally....

1-10 I'd use a polearm or two hander to get quick kills in rats/ants/hobs/etc. and go as far as you can with that till you respec before the end of 30 days. Doing that on a new empath of mine thats only going to 20 on one of my accounts just to be a spare healer when I can't find one conviently.

Then convert over to a pure as above.

If you don't mind missing sign of staunching, consider sunfist for the warcamps/tasks, and with the sigils, can eat herbs in 1sec.

~Paul

yea thats what I am doing now day 2.5 = lvl 7 swingin @ rats

will an empath be any good at all in a warcamp? I thought they did not have any good crowd control spells @ lower levels

Marl
12-21-2009, 10:29 AM
So I only have a couple days left,

what do you think about the below stat/skills? Anything I need to change that stands out as an idiot move?

Race: Burghal Gnome Profession: Empath (Post name shown as: Empath)
Level: 12

Skills:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 40 8
Physical Fitness...................| 66 14
Arcane Symbols.....................| 62 13
Magic Item Use.....................| 62 13
Spell Aiming.......................| 114 28
Harness Power......................| 58 12
Mental Mana Control................| 62 13
Spirit Mana Control................| 30 6
Spiritual Lore - Summoning.........| 30 6
Mental Lore - Transformation.......| 62 13
Perception.........................| 62 13
Climbing...........................| 25 5
First Aid..........................| 124 32

Spell Lists
Major Spirit.......................| 5

Spell Lists
Minor Spirit.......................| 11

Spell Lists
Empath.............................| 15

Stats: Normal (Bonus) ... Enhanced (Bonus)
Strength (STR): 97 (8) ... 97 (8)
Constitution (CON): 86 (28) ... 86 (28)
Dexterity (DEX): 86 (28) ... 86 (28)
Agility (AGL): 83 (26) ... 83 (26)
Discipline (DIS): 32 (-14) ... 32 (-14)
Aura (AUR): 74 (17) ... 74 (17)
Logic (LOG): 57 (13) ... 57 (13)
Intuition (INT): 47 (4) ... 47 (4)
Wisdom (WIS): 81 (15) ... 81 (15)
Influence (INF): 77 (8) ... 77 (8)

Level 0
Strength (STR): 97
Constitution (CON): 83
Dexterity (DEX): 83
Agility (AGI): 80
Discipline (DIS): 20
Aura (AUR): 70
Logic (LOG): 45
Intuition (INT): 35
Wisdom (WIS): 75
Influence (INF): 72

Asile
12-21-2009, 10:46 AM
I was about to ask why so much First Aid, then I scrolled back and saw that you want to use this character for a lot of skinning. Unless you're going to be running him around with other folks, you may want to drop some of the FA and pick up Mental Lore: Manipulation to help with the Harm aspect of 1101 and increase the chance of turning bones to dust and getting insta-kills with Boneshatter.

Normally, I would also suggest getting 5 ranks of Mental Lore: Telepathy for a 2nd CS Cycle with Empathic Assault (1110), but if you're not planning to get above the 30s with this guy, the spell's really not worth the mana on a regular basis; I think I was in my 40s before it became a regular tactic for me.

Marl
12-21-2009, 10:58 AM
yea its mainly a pocket empath with a side of hunting when I am bored with other characters. Probably its #1 form of exp gain will be healing.