PDA

View Full Version : lich crashing?

Danjirus
11-24-2009, 12:22 AM
Anyone else having issues with lich crashing right after startup. i was running V4.0.11 with no issues until i tried to log in tonight. I keep getting this message [lnet: keepalive: no response from server... restarting...]. then the game crashes eventually.

Drew
11-24-2009, 12:33 AM
I had the same thing, I went ahead and killed lnet ( ;k lnet ).

SpiffyJr
11-24-2009, 12:48 AM
Server is down and LadyVizy isn't online. I really wish Tillmen or I had the server code so we could put up our own.

Tillmen
11-24-2009, 02:48 AM
Anyone else having issues with lich crashing right after startup. i was running V4.0.11 with no issues until i tried to log in tonight. I keep getting this message [lnet: keepalive: no response from server... restarting...]. then the game crashes eventually.

It's helpful to differentiate between Lich and lichnet. The lichnet server script is indeed down. The server that lichnet runs on is not down, because the repository still works. The keepalive message you're getting is from the lnet script, which is not crashing. It's just failing to connect and keeps retrying. Lich didn't crash at startup, otherwise the game wouldn't have been able to eventually crash. The game didn't crash... because everyone else was still connected. It's possible that Lich crashed eventually, which would cause your frontend to close as well. It's very unlikely that that would have anything to do with lnet, or the lichnet server. It's also pretty unlikely that Lich crashed. For instance, trying to copy the wrong thing in Stormfront will cause Stormfront to crash. Any random temporary problem with your internet connection will cause the frontend to close. If Lich did crash, there should be some error messages in one of the debug files in your lich/temp directory. If you find any, let me know so I can try to keep it from happening again.

BigWorm
11-24-2009, 03:28 AM
I have seen this bug multiple times in the Wizard on linux as well. Definitely seems like the lich is crashing and the activity right before that seems to implicate lnet as a factor in it. Running with 4.0.11 here as well.

Danjirus
11-24-2009, 09:08 AM
Im seeing two different sets of messages in my temp folder..

info: Tue Nov 24 08:10:11 -0500 2009
info: $lich_dir: C:/Lich/
info: $script_dir: C:/Lich/scripts/
info: $data_dir: C:/Lich/data/
info: $temp_dir: C:/Lich/temp/
info: HAVE_REGISTRY: true
C:/Lich/lich.rb:341:in `write': Bad file descriptor (Errno::EBADF)
from C:/Lich/lich.rb:341:in `puts'
from C:/Lich/lich.rb:341

or

info: 2009-11-23 23:51:38 -0500
info: $lich_dir: C:/Lich/
info: $script_dir: C:/Lich/scripts/
info: $data_dir: C:/Lich/data/
info: $temp_dir: C:/Lich/temp/
info: HAVE_REGISTRY: true
info: HAVE_GTK: true
info: no launch file given
info: no force-mode info given

As of right now, I cant log into the game at all. Not sure what happened between the last time I logged on and last night.

EDIT: I finally got it to work. I removed the registry entries for lich and psinet and tried the new 4.0.11 install from the lich project website. I installed a new copy of the launcher and started the game. Now my issue is it takes about 2-3 minutes for the launcher update utility to actually start, and another 3+ mins for the FE to actually launch. Once the FE opens, the game starts normally, however, commands take a long time to actually function. Im still getting the "lnet: keepalive" message, so i killed lnet and the game hasn't dropped so far but is unplayable..