PDA

View Full Version : "Mean people"

Kuyuk
03-11-2004, 07:57 PM
Well, earlier today I got into some scrapple with some people, not a big deal, I kill them, and all their little stupid buddies they decide to tell to attack me, get it taken clear of, and then I have to go, but before I do, I duel someone and they kill me. Not a big deal, but I gotta go, they bring me to voln along with my alter ego that they imploded. I'm not sore about it, but when I come back a couple hours earlier, I have about 60 arrows in my body, 6 deaths this level and 3k in death points. What the fuck. If you know someone is sleeping should you deed them? How shitty is that? I'm an ass, but I'd only do it once, not 8 times or however many times they killed me.

They also did the same to my alter, and stole his runestaff (warrior disarm I'd bet). Kinda pisses me off.

Anyway, Just venting and I know it's at least partially my fault for leaving my group open. Live and learn.

For those wondering, Liannonoul was the ass that took my runestaff.

For the ones that gave me a billion bolts and arrows, it would be Jarroc and Jaroc.

Other guilty parties may or maynot include Ino, Kayous.

Figured I'd let ya know.

Kuyuk

Edited to remove my stupidities.

[Edited on 3-12-2004 by Kuyuk]

Souzy
03-11-2004, 08:00 PM
Ahhh that sucks, but why the hell was you still on after you left game????? You're right "group close" & "quit", are there for reasons. :)

Kuyuk
03-11-2004, 08:10 PM
I was on because I'm trying to convert skills, and I was dead (in voln courtyard) :-D

Kuyuk

Souzy
03-11-2004, 08:11 PM
Ohhhh I see. Go kill them and get your shit back, or hire someone to kill them, LOL. That blows balls.

Snapp
03-11-2004, 08:12 PM
You probably shouldn't throw names out if you don't know if they were or were not included... and if you decayed however many times, how could Kazami have been raising you? You also need to come up with better insult then gay slurs.

Souzy
03-11-2004, 08:14 PM
Hmmm I was gonna say Kazami usually is nice from what I see. Anyway, lesson learned. Close your group and don't say post "gay" comments. Or Snapp and I will rip your head off. :)

Varsus
03-11-2004, 08:15 PM
I do feel sorry for you but.

Staying in game while dead will usually get you DR points...

Most clerics won't raise AFK dead bodies.

Also sitting in game to migrate points is kind of worthless since they go super slow like that, and also if you don't make sure your in a safe location... kinda your fault if you get hurt (voln is kind of safe. but not while dead, and not with your group open)

-Varsus (I watched Foxs rot like 10 times because he/she sat AFK all day and got diseased and killed over and over by the piercing he/she had, I aplaud the GM who came up with the random disease factor)

Drew2
03-11-2004, 08:16 PM
*bleep* is not cool.

The original poster removed that which was "not cool". :)

[Edited on 3-12-2004 by HarmNone]

Snapp
03-11-2004, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Varsus
-Varsus (I watched Foxs rot like 10 times because he/she sat AFK all day and got diseased and killed over and over by the piercing he/she had, I aplaud the GM who came up with the random disease factor)

Me too ;) That's where my sig's from.

Kitsun
03-11-2004, 08:25 PM
God that is fucking insane on so many levels...

I'd contact a GM and let them know that open war was declared. If they see it as consensual then its in your court. In any case, it would go on their file for not-knowing-when-to-stop.

P.S. Watching someone die and rot over and over because of a goddamn piercing is FUCKING FUNNY.

Trying to stay ingame to convert hundreds of hours is a really terrible idea. You are much better off hunting a lot, gaining the TP's to migrate the core skills and waiting for the next fixskill to come out in a couple months if you can't complete it in time.

Reyek
03-12-2004, 01:10 AM
if you report or assist this they will probably get a warning and you will get your runestaff back if the GM is nice. but i dunno. its kinda gay for them to do that. if im gonna afk for a while in game i try and do it in a place that someone that i dont trust wont be able to walk in and kill me. like a home or a table ...

Ambrosia
03-12-2004, 02:49 AM
Damn, that sucks... and I thought I was having a bad day.

I'd talk to a GM, it was your stupidity for sitting AFK in Voln, but stealing your weapon w/ warrior disarm is abuse of guild skills I believe and I think they would have to give it back at least.

Scott
03-12-2004, 03:26 AM
There are always 2 sides to the story, so I don't believe how accurate this is....

My rule of thumb is 2 deaths for you for everytime you kill me. So depending on how many people you killed and how many times.... that isn't that big of a deal. You stayed AFK when you had people that you pissed off. That is just stupid. That's like fucking some dudes wife, getting caught, and then going back and taking a nap in his bed....

Ambrosia
03-12-2004, 03:33 AM
Hahaha, water, that was originally in my mouth, is now on keyboard... thanks Gemstone101.

03-12-2004, 09:06 AM
Me being who I am in game, often have people try to take advantage of me if im afk, by dragging me ect.

best thing to do is keep your group closed

Myshel
03-12-2004, 10:05 AM
This thread should be renamed stupid people.

Galleazzo
03-12-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Gemstone101
There are always 2 sides to the story, so I don't believe how accurate this is....

My rule of thumb is 2 deaths for you for everytime you kill me. So depending on how many people you killed and how many times.... that isn't that big of a deal. You stayed AFK when you had people that you pissed off. That is just stupid. That's like fucking some dudes wife, getting caught, and then going back and taking a nap in his bed....
No fucking shit.

If I was the GM and someone said they got robbed and killed a bunch of times while they were goalbotting, I'd say "tough shit, next time you'll log off when you go AFK." Ain't no excuse.

DeV
03-12-2004, 01:37 PM
Kuyuk.. that sucks big time but... what were you thinking man??
If your gonna be AFK is to group close (specially if you have enemies in game).

and the skill migrator thing.. whoever said its a waste to just stay logged is right. its better off to just hunt and work the tp's in that way as they migrate. they move slow as fuck.

Rogue Slayer
03-12-2004, 01:44 PM
LoL. that was a REAL bonehead move you pulled there buddy. I'de like to say you deserved it, but to me it seems they took it OOC and seems to be a violation of policy PvP. they knew you were afk. anyhow im not knocking PvP. some people enjoy it.

TheEschaton
03-12-2004, 04:09 PM
Whenever I know I'm going to be AFK for a long while, I go somewhere which is safe, group close, and hide.

Being dead, I would of just logged off.

-TheE-

Parkbandit
03-12-2004, 04:27 PM
If Bob was here, he would say something like:

You went AFK while you were dead = You are dum.

To which I would agree.

You have no one to blame but yourself. If I were the GM answering your assist or referral.. I'd laugh at you and tell you to learn how to spell QUIT next time.

J-Tech
03-12-2004, 04:30 PM
Wouldn't bob say sometihng like, "j00 5ux0r HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"?

Heh, J.T.

[Edited on 3-12-2004 by J-Tech]

Galleazzo
03-12-2004, 04:52 PM
Probably.

Latrinsorm
03-12-2004, 09:57 PM
They can't disarm your weapon/staff and run away with it and not get in trouble. Even if you were dumb for hanging around AFK.