PDA

View Full Version : Buy this in the pawn and tell me the stats; I'm sick forkin coin for useless stuff

Radom
11-19-2009, 04:26 PM
>get sword
A sales clerk rushes over to assist you.

The sales clerk smiles and says, "Here, let me help you with that. Here we have a faenor-hilted mithril short sword. The selling price is 723870 silvers."

The sales clerk says, "You can BUY the mithril short sword if you like."

Mogonis
11-19-2009, 04:42 PM
Jeebus! People need to get this stuff loresung.

mrjrd222
11-19-2009, 04:50 PM
Jeebus! People need to get this stuff loresung.

Maybe they did, and that's why they sold it to the pawnshop! I know I sell pretty worthless enhancives to the pawnshop after getting them sung to. If I don't think I can get over 100k I pawn them just to save the trouble of posting here and setting up a time to meet etc. heh.

Mogonis
11-19-2009, 04:52 PM
A short sword worth over 700k has to have something pretty nice. And getting anything over 35k is worth the trouble of at least trying on the amunet. Toss it in a locker, make a post here, and see what you can do. Profit is profit!

Swami71
11-19-2009, 04:59 PM
I've sold pinworn enhancives with 3 ranks of first aid to the pawn. Loresung for over 1 mil. But not worth my time to sell on the forums.

mrjrd222
11-19-2009, 05:02 PM
A short sword worth over 700k has to have something pretty nice. And getting anything over 35k is worth the trouble of at least trying on the amunet. Toss it in a locker, make a post here, and see what you can do. Profit is profit!

If only there was a market to sell things in Illistim on the amulet I would try that. But normally I have to post here, and meet someone in another city, or get them to get their friend to meet me on FWI. The hassle is annoying if I'm not making a large sum of money! (50k isn't a large sum of money!)

Archigeek
11-19-2009, 05:05 PM
I've got two enhancive weapons forsale right now that sung high and no one wants them: why? Low enchant and enhancement to ranks. Enhancement to ranks instead of bonus = high recharge cost. Low enchant... is low enchant. No one wants that poor mithril mattock, even though it's got great enhancement to mana and mana regeneration.

I toss them in the pawnshop and someone will be wondering, "why is this thing worth 1.2 mil, should I buy it?!? Meanwhile, I can't get a nibble at 100k. Pawnshop pricing is a long way from reality.

mrjrd222
11-19-2009, 05:05 PM
I've sold pinworn enhancives with 3 ranks of first aid to the pawn. Loresung for over 1 mil. But not worth my time to sell on the forums.

This.

I recently found an earcuff with +3 ranks to random lores. Loresong value of 850k. I realize that 3 ranks to lores can be useful, but unless all 3 are fire lore there's no way in hell it would sell for 850k.

Sometimes loresong values are much lower then player values, sometimes its the other way around. If someone decided to sell it to the pawnshop then I'd assume it's worthless UNLESS its obviously a mistake (Like a spiked armor accessory or something like that).

mrjrd222
11-19-2009, 05:07 PM
I toss them in the pawnshop and someone will be wondering, "why is this thing worth 1.2 mil, should I buy it?!? Meanwhile, I can't get a nibble at 100k. Pawnshop pricing is a long way from reality.

As if we could put some random mithril/ora enhancives in a shop and price them over 1m and expect people to even think about buying them. The pawnshop gets all the love!

thefarmer
11-19-2009, 05:29 PM
>get sword
A sales clerk rushes over to assist you.

The sales clerk smiles and says, "Here, let me help you with that. Here we have a faenor-hilted mithril short sword. The selling price is 723870 silvers."

The sales clerk says, "You can BUY the mithril short sword if you like."

1x, fire flares, like +7 to perception.

I sold it earlier today.

Askip
11-19-2009, 06:38 PM
So the pawn does not show a recent loresong?

Tsk, FIX IT $IMU!!!

:D