PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed 2

Guarrin
11-17-2009, 12:49 PM
Has anyone picked this up? I just grabbed it and I'm curious if anyone has tried it out. Hopefully the quests aren't as repetitive as the first game.

Asha
11-17-2009, 12:55 PM
Ordered. Not delivered. Flail!

Guarrin
11-17-2009, 01:37 PM
That sucks! Where did you order the game from?

Ashliana
11-17-2009, 02:44 PM
I picked it up, along with Left 4 Dead 2. Haven't played either yet.

Jace Solo
11-17-2009, 04:00 PM
Gamefly...it on the way

The Ponzzz
11-17-2009, 04:05 PM
I have it, playing it in about 2-3 hours!

Geijon Khyree
11-17-2009, 04:59 PM
Here are all the magazine reviews. I plan to grab it today or tomorrow.

Publication Score
Edge 8/10[32]
Eurogamer 9/10[33]
GameSpot 9.0/10 [34]
GameTrailers 9.2/10
IGN 9.2/10[35]
Official PlayStation Magazine (US) 10/10
Official PlayStation Magazine (UK) 9/10
Official Xbox Magazine 9/10

Methais
11-17-2009, 05:03 PM
I just rented it from Blockbuster but I'll probably end up playing MW2 the whole time instead even though AC1 was fun as hell, though repetitive.

I never finished the first one though, so I might wanna do that so I don't get lost in this story, assuming they're even connected.

Geijon Khyree
11-17-2009, 05:04 PM
I didn't finish 1 either. I had a friend get to the final stage and it glitched on him. I've read the ending. They aren't related to the point that if you got 35-50% through the first one you won't understand the second one.

I do not plan to play through 1. I might pick up the God of War Ultimate deal though.

Methais
11-17-2009, 05:25 PM
I didn't finish 1 either. I had a friend get to the final stage and it glitched on him. I've read the ending. They aren't related to the point that if you got 35-50% through the first one you won't understand the second one.

I do not plan to play through 1. I might pick up the God of War Ultimate deal though.

Oh yeah, I forgot about it randomly locking up. I think that's half the reason I never finished it.

Did they ever fix that?

Geijon Khyree
11-17-2009, 05:49 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot about it randomly locking up. I think that's half the reason I never finished it.

Did they ever fix that?

I never found a fix. It was on the Xbox versions of the game though and I didn't hear it on the PS3 version I had having the same issues. It was some clone fall through the world type stuff. He'd basically go loading mode where you could run through the mist and never exit.

Methais
11-17-2009, 05:50 PM
I never found a fix. It was on the Xbox versions of the game though and I didn't hear it on the PS3 version I had having the same issues. It was some clone fall through the world type stuff. He'd basically go loading mode where you could run through the mist and never exit.

Ah. I never had that happen. On PS3 the game would just freeze and you'd have to turn the whole system off if I remember right.

The Ponzzz
11-18-2009, 01:06 AM
As the ending from one is directly connected to two, you will want to either read the plot, or play one. If you did not beat the game, you will not understand a lot. And if you didn't do the side stuff in one as Desmond, you will also be a little lost.

As far as the gameplay goes, it's great. They got rid of a lot of the repetitive missions, but I can see money gathering is going to be a choir down the road (unless rewards get to be better).

Really fun, only played it for a few hours though.

TheEschaton
11-18-2009, 01:11 AM
I need to get AC2, I really enjoyed AC, and it didn't bug out for me on my PC version.

Numbers
11-18-2009, 11:45 AM
Mine's still in the mail.

Fucking Best Buy.

septus
11-18-2009, 05:34 PM
Been sucking up all my free time this week. A lot better than the first one, although I do miss some of the missions such as eavesdropping. (More for the fact that you can bring the storyline forward by something besides kill kill kill)

In the beginning of the game AC2 goes a little into what happened in AC1, but it feels more like to jolt your memory than to fill you in if you didn't play the first. I don't really think you'd miss out on much if you skipped or didn't finish AC1.

Asha
11-18-2009, 05:57 PM
I played AC1 all the way through and can guarantee I'll be going into AC2 without a fucking clue what the shit happened in the previous game.

Guarrin
11-18-2009, 07:52 PM
I think AC2 is starting VERY slow, especially compared to completing MW2 last week.

Compared to the first though, I think its alot better. I like some of the mechanic improvements (like blending in with any crowd), and the additional grab combat maneuvers tied to grab. It seems there are less repetitive quests, but, I guess I won't know until I'm in the second section.

Skeeter
11-18-2009, 09:39 PM
As the ending from one is directly connected to two, you will want to either read the plot, or play one. If you did not beat the game, you will not understand a lot. And if you didn't do the side stuff in one as Desmond, you will also be a little lost.

As far as the gameplay goes, it's great. They got rid of a lot of the repetitive missions, but I can see money gathering is going to be a choir down the road (unless rewards get to be better).

Really fun, only played it for a few hours though.

If I have to sing I don't want to play.

The Ponzzz
11-19-2009, 12:01 AM
hah, gotta love typos.

Bobmuhthol
11-19-2009, 12:35 AM
Ask me again in Q1 2010.

The Ponzzz
11-25-2009, 09:35 AM
Just beat it (I know, I'm slow). Quite possibly the best storyline for a video game in over 10 years (for me). Found everything but feathers at this point.

Numbers
11-25-2009, 10:27 AM
I think I'm pretty close to the end. I just got access to the north section of Venice. This one was a lot easier than the first, and the first one wasn't exactly hard.

I find myself keeping myself at full notoriety just for the challenge.

The Ponzzz
11-25-2009, 10:41 AM
Yeah, game play was generally easy, with hard parts. The tombs I hear give people trouble, but I blew through most of them in under 20 minutes.

The only two things that really disappointed me were the hype up for combat was a big let down. They claimed fighting would be far more intense and require you to use different weapons. But in the end, hidden blades trumped everything, and if you were up against a spear user, unarmed combat just ripped them up.

And the other thing were the controls can be annoying when you were in high profile and running. Because if you got close to an eagle jump or a wall, Ezio just gets all stupid and either jumps or climbs a wall. Pain in the ass for the timed sequences.

The extras are more fun to do this time around.

Numbers
11-26-2009, 10:27 PM
Finished it the other day. The end was definitely a bit of a mindfuck. Especially combined with that "Truth" movie you get for finding all the hidden glyphs. Compared to the first game, I'm not sure I liked how all the plot missions were handled. In the first game it was like you were stalking your target, whereas in this game it was more straightforward. And it was a lot harder in the first game to lose guards... in this one, all you really need to do is jump in the water and swim away.

Combat was also lacking, like you said. Hidden blades kill pretty much everything, and brutes are easily beaten with unarmed disarms. It's still a lot of fun fighting guards with a broom, though.

But I definitely enjoyed the game. I'm going to go through and do all the secondary missions now.

I'm really hoping the next game takes place in China or Japan. Get some ninja shit going on.

The Ponzzz
11-26-2009, 10:39 PM
I just have 50 feathers to find and like 4 achievements (2 of whcih are feather related) and then I'm done.

Yeah, looks like they fixed water and the assassin, but they didn't fix water and the enemy, as they couldn't swim at all.

My favorite thing about it is how closely it follows real Italian history. Outside the assassins in the game, everything that happened in that game really happened.

Oh... And, if this is really a trilogy, I think the last one is all Desmond.

Parkbandit
11-27-2009, 08:46 AM
Can anyone give a plotline from the first one? I played it, but it was so long ago, I barely remember it.

TheEschaton
11-27-2009, 01:31 PM
Some guy was hooked up to a memory machine to get memories of his ancestor, the Assassin, for what purpose, unknown.

You play the Assassin as he uncovers a plot to control some holy artifact, and how even his ownorder of Assassins is compromised. You kill all these people who would use the artifact for evil.

Flash forward to the present, turns out the organization hooking up the man to this memory machine are the same evil elements looking for the object. As the game ends, the modern day Assassin movement is storming the research facility to get their guy back, who, unknownst to himself, is a modern day Assassin.

That's what I remember.

Clove
11-27-2009, 09:08 PM
Thanks. Now I can just quit playing. Fuck.

The Ponzzz
11-27-2009, 09:11 PM
Yeah, the story hooks you in. Whether you find it difficult or not, it's a pretty fun game.

Asha
11-27-2009, 09:16 PM
Thanks. Now I can just quit playing. Fuck.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAH!

Hips
12-01-2009, 11:47 AM
Oh... And, if this is really a trilogy, I think the last one is all Desmond.

There have been rumors that the next one (or a future game) will have a female assassin. I think they said they were considering setting it during WWII. I'm not sure how they could possibly link that with the stuff with Desmond, but all the same I want a female assassin sooo bad!

I REALLY enjoyed AC2 though, much more than the first one. The ending was kind of odd but I liked it. We're considering buying the game for Christmas for our crazy born-again Christian "friend" for the lolz-factor when he gets to the end.

The next game needs to be out already, though. I want to playyyy. :(

TheEschaton
12-01-2009, 11:48 AM
Easy, she'd just be a more recent Ancestor. Maybe his grandmother.

The Ponzzz
12-01-2009, 01:04 PM
There have been rumors that the next one (or a future game) will have a female assassin. I think they said they were considering setting it during WWII. I'm not sure how they could possibly link that with the stuff with Desmond, but all the same I want a female assassin sooo bad!

I REALLY enjoyed AC2 though, much more than the first one. The ending was kind of odd but I liked it. We're considering buying the game for Christmas for our crazy born-again Christian "friend" for the lolz-factor when he gets to the end.

The next game needs to be out already, though. I want to playyyy. :(

Just get your friend a hotdog.

Also, I hope it's not a trilogy, because they can keep going for a good long while before having to end the franchise.

Hips
12-01-2009, 01:10 PM
Just get your friend a hotdog.

LOLOL at you remembering that. Maybe hot dogs and AC2 = his Christmas present.