PDA

View Full Version : Items that add to stat's

J-Tech
03-11-2004, 04:44 PM
Alright, I was wondering about these items that add a bonus to certain stats. I know each account that was GS3 before GS4 came out got one when GS4 went live. I don't have one because of certain reasons but anyways, my question is, are there going to be actual items in the game that are going to be released later on or something? Or are they like the amulets that came out when GS3 went to the web where jut the people that were there during the conversion got one and they won't actually be released into regular circulation? Whats going to happen with these things pretty much?

J.T.

Drew2
03-11-2004, 04:47 PM
Yes. If you were in beta at all, there will be items to enhance skills and stats. They haven't been 'released' yet, I don't think, but they're coming eventually.

Latrinsorm
03-11-2004, 04:47 PM
Simu said they would become available, generally in a temporary manner, if I recall correctly.

Bobmuhthol
03-11-2004, 04:48 PM
They're a Phase II project. Basically certain people can buy certain ability bonus items.

The examples they gave were Guildmasters being able to buy items and a warrior that worships Sheru may get a symbol that lets them cast nightmare in a quest or something.

J-Tech
03-11-2004, 04:57 PM
Hmmm, i was just hopeing to get a bunch of + to dex and Aura items so i could bolt harder than a halfling, cast stronger thank a dark elf, but still be human. Heh.

J.T.

Kitsun
03-11-2004, 05:00 PM
They have been released in *very* limited amounts so far. The lockpicks off the Spitfire are just one example.

A couple weeks before the Spitfire landed, I saw a dark elf with a cat motif bracelet of some sort. It caught me by surprise because this didn't look like a cat-lover. I inspected it and he told me that he had found it in a box. It was unique, with a show and added to dex.

I'm guessing they are out there, maybe some quiet people found them and haven't been jumping for joy.

J-Tech
03-11-2004, 05:08 PM
Thats sweet, now i have hope i might find one. :D

J.T.

100% Wool
03-11-2004, 05:14 PM
i heard of someone finding a +5 dex item the other day
could be a hoax though

[Edited on 3-11-2004 by 100% Wool]

FinisWolf
03-11-2004, 09:01 PM
... and don't feel too bad about missing out on the gifts. My 6 accounts got one per account, wore em and never took them off. One is all that remains that is still working.

... also, I think I recall a GM stating that the effects will not be stackable with other enhancers. So keep that in mind.

Finiswolf

Mint
03-11-2004, 09:05 PM
Six accounts??

Kitsun
03-11-2004, 09:08 PM
I believe it said you can't double-enchance any single stat. No trying to work up to a 600DEX bonus heh. You can however have multiple items stacking different stats.

Need to find that damn news item...

FinisWolf
03-11-2004, 09:12 PM
Yes, 6 accounts, and thinking of opening acouple more.

If you do find the news item, I would appreciate your re-posting here.

Finiswolf

Mint
03-11-2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by FinisWolf

You could open your own town.

FinisWolf
03-11-2004, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Mint

Originally posted by FinisWolf

You could open your own town.

Don't laugh, I am thinking of having my own PRO that will develop into my own house, and foot all the bills myself.

Of course that would mean that the GM's would actually have to start letting folks open new houses again. It is my feeling that Mule needs a new house.

So, give me time, I am working on it.

:cool:

Finiswolf

Bobmuhthol
03-11-2004, 09:29 PM
<<Of course that would mean that the GM's would actually have to start letting folks open new houses again.>>

They still do, once a year.

FinisWolf
03-11-2004, 09:31 PM
OK, I know I will regret this, but could you provide more information regarding this, since all I have ever got from the GM's is after all of GS4 is totally implemented.

Finiswolf

Anebriated
03-11-2004, 09:37 PM
the old CHE style houses are pretty much done. The closes you can get at the present time is to open a PRO, join the PRO system and work your way up the tiers. At a certain point you will be allowed to have a small meeting hall. I forget which GM said it but they are most likely done with major Houses.

Bobmuhthol
03-11-2004, 09:38 PM
http://www.play.net/gs4/info/greathouses/house-guide2.asp

FinisWolf
03-11-2004, 09:50 PM
Bob, while that is the page that has been available for two years (or longer), and it does say they accept apps once a year, its full of bullshit. I went straight to the GM in charge of the CHE, his reply was good luck, maybe after all of GS4 is implemented. Just a FYI.

Ahh, yes, the PRO's. I read through that as well, and unfortunatley, it does not satisfy the needs of the folks I am concerned with in Mule, and that is to give competition to White haven, and to be able to provide all the facilities that a CHE does (lockerspace, workshops, etc), which a PRO does not, nor will not provide.

I may have to end up begging for PRO's to be allowed the lockerspace, workshops, etc. I am still thinking about all the work involved, and all I have came up with so far is to fund it, and get someone else to run it.

Finiswolf

Bobmuhthol
03-11-2004, 09:55 PM
You can join as many PROs as you want, so what's the problem? It's not like you have to choose between White Haven and a PRO.

FinisWolf
03-11-2004, 10:00 PM
My point is, I want the end result to be that Mule has a second house, and that PRO's do not give the only house in Mule any competition, nor can they at this time.

Mule = 1 house = screwed and no freedom to choose

Finis+dedication+simu= screw Finis and freedom to choose

Finiswolf