PDA

View Full Version : Further evidence that women are completely, utterly insane.

Edaarin
03-10-2004, 11:41 PM
Alright, here's the deal. I was supposed to go to Providence this weekend to go to a John Mayer concert with my ex girlfriend (who goes to school in Rhode Island). I already got a train ticket too, $120 round trip.

TODAY, she calls me and tells me that she got the date wrong and the concert is on the 20th, not this weekend. The kicker is, I said I already have a ticket, and this weekend is my last few days of spring break so I was planning on going up to visit her anyway, and she flipped out at me because she wants me to come NEXT weekend.

I guess I could exchange my ticket (I don't know, I've never ridden anything further than the Metro around NOVA/DC area) and go next weekend, but am I crazy to think that there's absolutely no reason for her to be MAD at me?

ThisOtherKingdom
03-10-2004, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Edaarin
to go to a John Mayer concert

Evidence that you are insane.

Edaarin
03-10-2004, 11:44 PM
Yeah, I was debating leaving that part out, but ugh. I can't say no to some girls, and she's one of them.

Drew2
03-10-2004, 11:54 PM
I've never ridden a train nor been to a concert.

And I can see why she'd prefer next weekend, but anger is unnecessary.

ThisOtherKingdom
03-10-2004, 11:55 PM
If she's actually mad, I think there could be two reasons. She either told you the right date and you didn't listen (highly unlikely since you had to buy a ticket for a specific date) or she has some secret motive for not wanting you to come this weekend.

Or she's insane.

Drew2
03-10-2004, 11:56 PM
Or she'll have no date if he goes this weekend and will be forced to find one at the last minute, which is how I saw it.

ThisOtherKingdom
03-11-2004, 12:01 AM
Oh, I read it wrong. SHE said she got the date wrong.

Shari
03-11-2004, 12:26 AM
I'm going with the secret motive option. It doesn't sound like you were dying to go to the concert, you only wanted to see her. So i don't understand why you can't go up and visit her this weekend.

Just ask her about it. If she flips out more I would just see if you can get the money back on the ticket and do something you want if she's going to be an ass about it.

Snapp
03-11-2004, 12:30 AM
I must be one of the few that think John Mayer is hot? I dunno, but anyway, girls can be totally unpredictable. I wouldn't let anyone flip at me for something that was their fault anyway.. next time just hang up on her. You don't need that kind of attitude..especially off of an EX.

Stunseed
03-11-2004, 12:32 AM
John Mayer just played here in Jacksonville, and from what I heard he blew the place away. I had to work, plus I've only been to one concert my entire life < Taproot, Incubus & Deftones > . I'd loved to go to more, but I work way too much.

The college I went to hosts one really good concert a year. The one I went to, Nelly two years ago, Outkast last year, I'm not sure who next. Prolly Britney Spears, or maybe it's the Kid Rock concert.

Also, women are completely, utterly insane.

crazymage
03-11-2004, 12:47 AM
go next weekend and tell her she owes you hot lovins

ThisOtherKingdom
03-11-2004, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Stunseed
plus I've only been to one concert my entire life

I hear a lot of people say they've been to either one concert or none at all. Am I in the minority? Off topic, sorry...

Edaarin
03-11-2004, 12:57 AM
I went to HFStival once in high school and a Ludacris concert my first year at college, that's about the extent of my concert going experience.

Update: I'm still going this weekend, she's still mad at me but she'll find someone else. I asked if she was still upset and she said 'no,' so that means yes.

Ravenstorm
03-11-2004, 01:01 AM
You're a terrible, horrible person for not knowing what she really meant.

Raven

Shari
03-11-2004, 01:01 AM
I think I've been to 8 concerts. Three of which were Aerosmith. Going to something like that is such a rush, and its always better with a few drinks and a second-hand high of pot. Whee!

Hanksbane
03-11-2004, 01:26 AM
I vote insane. Heheh.

There was this one time where I missed a concert by one of my favorite bands (at the time) because of this girl. I had tickets for the concert which fell on the day of some party. I told her I wouldn't be going to the party because I was going to a concert, then she flipped out on me. Mind you this is a girl who basically turned me down the week before. So we argue about it a few more days. I told her I'd stop by after the concert, but NOOOOO it wasn't good enough. So being the dumbass I am, I ditched the concert and went to the party. What can I say? I was still crazy about her. Well she ended up practlically ignoring me the whole party. WTF is that crap? Then the next day I learned that the concert was great. The next time I saw a concert by the band, they had become MTV staples so the audience was filled with MTV teeny boppers. Which sucked.

So yean....insane.

ThisOtherKingdom
03-11-2004, 01:28 AM
Spill it, what band?

Drew2
03-11-2004, 01:31 AM
New Kids on the Block.

Hanksbane
03-11-2004, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by Tayre
New Kids on the Block.

Damnit! Menudo pwnz New Kids!
Old skool Ricky Martin...rawr!

Anyways.....

Alright I'll spill, it was Jimmy Eat World. This was about 3-4 years ago, before they overplayed their songs on the radio and MTV and the GAP

Mint
03-11-2004, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by ThisOtherKingdom

Originally posted by Stunseed
plus I've only been to one concert my entire life

I hear a lot of people say they've been to either one concert or none at all. Am I in the minority? Off topic, sorry...

I have never been to a concert in my life (unless you count school concerts). Growing up my mother was convinced I would go to hell if I did (literally) and as an adult I just havent had much desire to attend one. Yeah, sheltered life.

Madmox
03-11-2004, 02:40 AM
I hate John Mayer. Thats all i have to say about that.

Knights Templar
03-11-2004, 02:43 AM
She's fucking another guy this weekend bro, thats the truth of it to be quite frank. Sorry, but someone is gonna be pumping that ass while you're spending saturday night alone playing Gemstone this weekend.

Mint
03-11-2004, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by Knights Templar
She's fucking another guy this weekend bro, thats the truth of it to be quite frank. Sorry, but someone is gonna be pumping that ass while you're spending saturday night alone playing Gemstone this weekend.

Jesus could you BE any more negative? Holy moly. Edaarin, there could be a million reasons why she doesnt want to hook up this weekend. Don't automatically assume the worst. Oh and she does sound a wee bit crazy but just a tiny bit.

TheEschaton
03-11-2004, 07:51 AM
I've been to Warped Tour every year for the past 7 years, and OzzFest for 4 of the past 7 years (it never comes to Buffalo, caught it once in Boston, once in Pittsburgh, twice in Toronto).

I used to be pretty heavy in the underground metal scene in Rochester, (hed) p.e., System, Static X, Fear Factory (a staple). I also went to a few Marilyn Manson shows back in the day. The first concert I went to was as a freshman in high school, No Doubt opening for Smashing Pumpkins, now that was a fucking amazing concert. It was just when Tragic Kingdom/Melancholy and the Infinite Sadness were released.

I live for music though, so count me amongst the few radicals.

-TheE-

LordSagan
03-11-2004, 07:53 AM
I didn't read the thread yet, but need to comment on the title...

We need more evidence?

Caiylania
03-11-2004, 07:59 AM
KT, not every woman in the world cheats or screws around. Daym.

I admit, women are nuts, alot. Maybe she doesn't want you to have to spend more money on another ticket and does really want you to go to the concert with her.

Galleazzo
03-11-2004, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Mint
Jesus could you BE any more negative? Holy moly. Edaarin, there could be a million reasons why she doesnt want to hook up this weekend. Don't automatically assume the worst. Oh and she does sound a wee bit crazy but just a tiny bit.
Probably. He could have said she turned Edaarin down because she was getting lapped by her lesbo lover instead this weekend.

:rolleyes:

You knew sooner or later someone wasn't going to resist being a jerk.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
03-11-2004, 11:01 AM
Dump her. High maintenance is for the birds. Sounds like a one way street where you are doing tons of shit to accomodate her and she's blowing you off.

Fuck that.

HarmNone
03-11-2004, 11:04 AM
Sounds to me like the girl made a legitimate error and gave you the wrong date for the concert. Also sounds like she would really like to go to the concert with you, and is disappointed that you cannot make it. She should not have shown that disappointment with anger, however. That is just a by-product of her immaturity. :)

All you should have to do is explain that you made plans based on her original statements, and that those plans cannot now be changed. If she cannot understand that, she needs to get a grip.

HarmNone

Atlanteax
03-11-2004, 11:35 AM
Perhaps she got mad because...

Even though she (may have) honestly gotten the date wrong, she only wanted you to visit for the concert...

... and didn't appreciate you trying to visit her anyways, as I'm guessing that there's a possibility that you still "like" her but it's not mutual. Which is why she got upset with you for trying to insist on coming despite it?

We don't know the *whole* story, so looks like we're all guessing "why" now.

The earlier posts about how she probably already have plans with other guys is also a distinctive possibility, IMO.

crazymage
03-11-2004, 11:40 AM
I'm from mass, most people here have been to alot of concerts...i've seen green day few times, KISS like 5 times, Aerosmith on new years eve, pm5k, went to the wbcn river rave few times..

Edaarin
03-11-2004, 01:28 PM
Clearing up a few things here I guess...

1) I don't think she's 'messing' around, because she's very religious and I'm pretty sure she's serious about waiting for marriage. We were together for a year anyway, and nothing, heh.
2) Even if she was, we're not 'together' anymore, so it's really none of my business.
3) I still love her, but the distance thing makes it unworkable.
4) I'm only coming up to spend time with her, the concert was just an excuse. If she didn't WANT me to come, I wouldn't. As it is right now, she would PREFER that I go next weekend, but it's probably not going to happen because I have so much work.

So, am I a tool for going through all this trouble just to see a girl when I know that probably nothing will happen? I just miss her, and I haven't seen her in half a year.

Mint
03-11-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Galleazzo[/i]
[quote]
You knew sooner or later someone wasn't going to resist being a jerk.

And I [b]knew[b] exactly who to expect it of. And I am totally unsurprised.

TheEschaton
03-11-2004, 01:32 PM
Gotta take the chance - whatifs suck.

-TheE-

Galleazzo
03-11-2004, 02:53 PM
(nods to Mint) Be one of my first choices.

Anyhoo, Edaarin, here's the things you gotta ask yourself:

1) Were you going up there with the hope of getting back with her?
2) Do you think there's any real chance of that?
3) Does she think there's any real chance of that?
4) Is she under the impression you were coming up as a friend or to try to get back with her?

Atlanteax
03-11-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Galleazzo
Edaarin, here's the things you gotta ask yourself:

1) Were you going up there with the hope of getting back with her?
2) Do you think there's any real chance of that?
3) Does she think there's any real chance of that?
4) Is she under the impression you were coming up as a friend or to try to get back with her?

Good Questions... the big issue is what's the answer to 3 & 4. We know "1" is Yes (so it seems), and "2" is why he's posting.

Edaarin, my impression is that... especially since she said "No" to this weekend... she does not have any romantic interests in you. Otherwise, she'd be happy to have you visit, perhaps 2 weekends in a row (this weekend, and then again for the concert).

Personally, I don't think much is going to come out of this for you. If you still want to go, just to see her, go next weekend. But be sure to understand that it's likely only going to be a "Just Friends" thing. As one of the worst feelings there are is going in with pent-up home, only to find that you've decieved yourself.

Sorry if brutual, but I've been in your shoes. This is just going to have to be one of those situations where you acknowledge that it's been great and all (the good memories), but it's not going to happen, and ultimately move on.

Galleazzo
03-11-2004, 03:31 PM
And worst is if she finds out. Gal's going to go ballistic if she was under the impression it was just a friendly visit and decides that you were shucking her to get back with her.

Bobmuhthol
03-11-2004, 03:36 PM
<<We were together for a year anyway, and nothing, heh.>>

You got served.

Betheny
03-11-2004, 03:37 PM
I never understood how controlling, demanding, high-maintenance women are attractive at all.

Latrinsorm
03-11-2004, 04:37 PM
Neon is a good song.

Knights Templar
03-11-2004, 06:39 PM
You are totally getting screwed over bro. Let me tell you what you SHOULD do. You need to find some hot ass chick (or in your case you might hire a really expensive hooker) and bring her to the concert with you, with this chick. So it'll be all 3 of you. Act like you're all crazy about this new girl, and it will piss old gf off so bad next time you see her, she'll give it to you good. If you went for a year with this girl, and didn't get any sex... I am sorry to say, but you're a pussy. Start listening to Tom Leykis. Chivalry is dead, women are nuts. Women are beasts, seriously, they think they can justify anything by saying it was 'love'. They can screw other guys and it'll be ok because they were 'falling for them'. Don't think I am bitter because that has happened to me, it hasn't. I have a very committed relationship with a girl I've been with for 3 years now, and she has never cheated on me. She is a religious girl too, and I still got it. You let her push you around. She got mad at you? You should tell her you're not coming and she can go by herself. Don't take crap from females, there's way too many of them in the sea.

Edaarin
03-11-2004, 08:40 PM
No. I had no intention of going there to try and get back together, we mutually ended things when she transferred schools, because long distance doesn't work at this stage in our lives (from DC to Rhode Island). I was going to go because I wanted to see her. I don't understand what's so hard to comprehend about that, not everything guys do is motivated by the need for sex.

It's not that she doesn't want me visiting, it's that she'd rather it be next weekend. But as it is, we've already got a few things planned for Friday/Satuday. So, I guess it worked out, it just initially sucked for me because she flipped out at me on the phone.

At this point, I'm just ready to blame it on this strange phenomenon that occurs every four weeks where women develop the amazing ability to find fault in any and everything.

Souzy
03-11-2004, 09:27 PM
Who's John Mayher? Oh I would've flipped the script on her and flipped out on her and said you couldn't get a refund on the ticket. And that she's being selfish cos YOU bought the damn ticket to hang out with her and she's being a cunt about it. Now I understand why she's your ex. Why are some girls such bitches?

Knights Templar
03-12-2004, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by Edaarin
No. I had no intention of going there to try and get back together, we mutually ended things when she transferred schools, because long distance doesn't work at this stage in our lives (from DC to Rhode Island). I was going to go because I wanted to see her. I don't understand what's so hard to comprehend about that, not everything guys do is motivated by the need of for sex.

It's not that she doesn't want me visiting, it's that she'd rather it be next weekend. But as it is, we've already got a few things planned for Friday/Satuday. So, I guess it worked out, it just initially sucked for me because she flipped out at me on the phone.

At this point, I'm just ready to blame it on this strange phenomenon that occurs every four weeks where women develop the amazing ability to find fault in any and everything.

by the highlighted statement above, I am willing to bet you are still a virgin.

Satira
03-12-2004, 02:18 AM
I would just like to state John Mayer, sucks. :down:

Ambrosia
03-12-2004, 02:43 AM
John Mayer is pretty hot, but he's got a weird voice.

Have you tried talking to her to figure out why she didn't want you to come this weekend? Women are weird sometimes for unexplainable reasons, and it's not always able to be blamed on the periods.

Galleazzo
03-12-2004, 10:36 AM
You are totally getting screwed over bro. Let me tell you what you SHOULD do. You need to find some hot ass chick (or in your case you might hire a really expensive hooker) and bring her to the concert with you, with this chick. So it'll be all 3 of you. Act like you're all crazy about this new girl, and it will piss old gf off so bad next time you see her, she'll give it to you good. If you went for a year with this girl, and didn't get any sex... I am sorry to say, but you're a pussy. Start listening to Tom Leykis. Chivalry is dead, women are nuts. Women are beasts, seriously, they think they can justify anything by saying it was 'love'. They can screw other guys and it'll be ok because they were 'falling for them'. Don't think I am bitter because that has happened to me, it hasn't. I have a very committed relationship with a girl I've been with for 3 years now, and she has never cheated on me. She is a religious girl too, and I still got it. You let her push you around. She got mad at you? You should tell her you're not coming and she can go by herself. Don't take crap from females, there's way too many of them in the sea.
Lord liftin' Jesus.

I been trying to think of something to say. Ain't got nothing printable.

Betheny
03-12-2004, 01:11 PM
Chivalry is not dead, my guy still opens doors for me.

The Cat In The Hat
03-12-2004, 01:16 PM
And we're the abnormal ones? How many women you see wearing shit stains on their foreheads??

http://www.funnypop.com/images/SuperHeros.jpg

[Edited on 3-12-2004 by The Cat In The Hat]

HarmNone
03-12-2004, 01:17 PM
Edaarin, hon, if you enjoy her company and want to see her, go see her. I have to laugh at all these "whatifs" and lists of things to think about. What is there to think about? She is someone you care for. Every friendship we make, every caring relationship, does not HAVE to melt down into a sexual situation.

In short, if you enjoy her company and would like to pass some time with her, go visit her this weekend, as your plans allow. I am sure she will be glad to see you, even if the concert isn't a possibility. :)

HarmNone

DeV
03-12-2004, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by HarmNone
Edaarin, hon, if you enjoy her company and want to see her, go see her. I have to laugh at all these "whatifs" and lists of things to think about. What is there to think about? She is someone you care for. Every friendship we make, every caring relationship, does not HAVE to melt down into a sexual situation.

In short, if you enjoy her company and would like to pass some time with her, go visit her this weekend, as your plans allow. I am sure she will be glad to see you, even if the concert isn't a possibility. :)

HarmNone I completely agree. What you don't know won't hurt you anyway and its not as if you two are a couple. I think friendship is way more important then any other type of relationship you could have in life, besides family of course.

TheEschaton
03-12-2004, 04:16 PM

By the highlighted statement above, I am willing to bet you are still a primitive cretin.

-TheE-

Edaarin
03-13-2004, 11:25 PM
You just don't get it, do you?

It takes some of us longer to grow up and realize there's more to life than sticking it into the nearest girl. Some people never move past that phase, and they're probably happier that way. Me, I moved on from the drunken hookup, one night thing after my first year in college. It left me feeling empty, it left me unsatisfied, and it left me with the determination to never be in a situation where I'd have to take another STD test.

Anyway, yeah, I spent $150, I was there less than a day and a half, and I probably could have stayed in Northern Virginia to do the same thing I did there (bad karaoke with a bunch of Korean people), but I got to see someone I hadn't seen in months. Was worth it to me.

HarmNone
03-13-2004, 11:33 PM
Wonderful, Edaarin! I had a feeling that you would enjoy the time with your friend, and she with you. Glad it turned out to be true.

HarmNone blows a kiss to Edaarin:aww:

HarmNone
03-13-2004, 11:39 PM

Heh. By your statement, I am willing to bet there are one or more women who fervently wish YOU were still a virgin. :)

HarmNone

Trinitis
03-13-2004, 11:50 PM
Pagans are resourceful. We sacrifice our idiots.

I just noticed that! ROFL

TheEschaton
03-13-2004, 11:50 PM
Me, I moved on from the drunken hookup, one night thing after my first year in college.

Most people do, Ed. It's a hard path to walk, though, because once you do, guys consider you a tool, women don't believe you might actually be a good guy looking for something somewhat meaningful, and in general, there's just a lot less physical gratification (which, I don't know how it is for women, but I think men just have raw physical needs every so often that they need to relieve, which is why I think there's a genuine need for porn ;) ). Don't listen to KT, he's an ass... ;)

-TheE-

Knights Templar
03-14-2004, 02:58 AM
How am I an ass? Because I'm not a wuss and I don't worship the ground women walk on? Get real, the drunken hookup left you feeling "empty"? What the fuck? Don't be a pussy! I thought I'd only hear something like that come from a girl. That's what college is about, random hooking up. I am not saying don't practice safe sex, but fuck something meaningful unless you're over 25. You need to bang as many hot chicks as possible, to get it out of your system. You're only young once. Just think, one day you might get married and you'll have to be with the same broad every night for the rest of your life. I know that sounds romantic, but let me tell you after you've hit it a few thousand times it gets old, no matter how in love you are. I'm just trying to tell you that if you don't sew your wild oats, you'll regret it.

Sean
03-14-2004, 03:02 AM
And here I thought college was about me hitting the books, so I can get a good paying (or atleast in my case interesting sounding) job so that I could find a decent woman to spend all my money for me. Why am I even here spending money if I just wanted random hookups. I could just stay at home and goto the parties.

Skirmisher
03-14-2004, 03:10 AM
As soon as I hear one guy start calling another guy a pussy (except of course in the friendly bs kind of manner) for not being a total caveman is when I scroll down to the next post.
:yawn:

Mint
03-14-2004, 04:11 AM
How am I an ass? Because I'm not a wuss and I don't worship the ground women walk on? Get real, the drunken hookup left you feeling "empty"? What the fuck? Don't be a pussy! I thought I'd only hear something like that come from a girl. That's what college is about, random hooking up. I am not saying don't practice safe sex, but fuck something meaningful unless you're over 25. You need to bang as many hot chicks as possible, to get it out of your system. You're only young once. Just think, one day you might get married and you'll have to be with the same broad every night for the rest of your life. I know that sounds romantic, but let me tell you after you've hit it a few thousand times it gets old, no matter how in love you are. I'm just trying to tell you that if you don't sew your wild oats, you'll regret it.

I am with Skirm on this one. And it is SOW wild oats...not SEW wild oats. Sheesh.

Mint
03-14-2004, 04:12 AM
Call me Bob Jr. :D

Ambrosia
03-14-2004, 04:13 AM
I am not saying don't practice safe sex, but fuck something meaningful unless you're over 25.
You can still get STD's with 'safe sex.' Don't you remember sex education?

You need to bang as many hot chicks as possible
Says the guy in the three year relationship.

Just think, one day you might get married and you'll have to be with the same broad every night for the rest of your life.
God what would be horrible, because waking up next to some chick and going "What the hell did I do last night and who the hell are you," is always a great way to start a morning.

sew your wild oats
Quit watching Coming to America.

Myshel
03-14-2004, 08:17 AM
Quality sex is better than quanity sex. If all your looking for is a hook up then masturbation with a good fantasy is better than waking up with a nameless drunk that:
a-gave you something nasty to remember her by
b-throw up all over you
c-thinks this is the beginning of a great love match
d-wasn't that good, anyway.
e-shows back up in 3 months with a surprise package

CrystalTears
03-14-2004, 10:31 AM
You need to bang as many hot chicks as possible, to get it out of your system. You're only young once. Just think, one day you might get married and you'll have to be with the same broad every night for the rest of your life.

Does the person in your present 3-year relationship know that this is how you view life? Good luck buddy, you're going to need it with that outlook.

Skirmisher
03-14-2004, 12:19 PM
Yah, can we have her name and address please?

HarmNone
03-14-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Mint
Call me Bob Jr. :D

Okay, Bob Jr. Cut it out! :D

HarmNone, kidding...sorta

Galleazzo
03-15-2004, 11:11 AM
Hey, now, guys like KT do the rest of us a favor. Ya see, after sleeping with the likes of him, the ladies who move on to guys like us act like we're love gods just because we think tongues are used for more than bragging, sex wants a bit more effort than 90 seconds of heaving and then passing out, foreplay is more than "Hey, think you can get your roommate to blow me after?" and afterglow is more than "Get me a fuggin beer."

KTs make it easy for us. We don't even have to be all that good. We just have to TRY to make our partners feel good too.

DeV
03-15-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Galleazzo
Hey, now, guys like KT do the rest of us a favor. Ya see, after sleeping with the likes of him, the ladies who move on to guys like us act like we're love gods just because we think tongues are used for more than bragging, sex wants a bit more effort than 90 seconds of heaving and then passing out, foreplay is more than "Hey, think you can get your roommate to blow me after?" and afterglow is more than "Get me a fuggin beer."

KTs make it easy for us. We don't even have to be all that good. We just have to TRY to make our partners feel good too. Those words are so very true. Guys like that also do girls like me big favors too..

Shari
03-15-2004, 05:52 PM

Whoa whoa whoa..back the train up a moment there. Please someone PLEASE...let us get into a debate (using this quote) that men too are not completely, totaly, and utterly insane?

<goes off to make her new thread>