PDA

View Full Version : Need sanctified enchantment potions

Summertime
11-09-2009, 08:59 AM
3 days before EG I lost all my gear in a REALLY STUPID mistake. After making me wait 5 days the referal GM told me restoration was impossible, as they had no record of or specs for my items, and the Janitors log had already been flushed.

I lost everything, my armor, my 7x enhansive runestaff, 30m+ in projects I was working on, and all my potions, sanctified potions, enhancive potions. a dozen 40 rub WOF amulets, and a bunch of imbeddibles.

Right now Im just looking to get back to working on projects.. so if anyone can cut me a deal on some sanct potions it would be a big help. Thanks

Celephais
11-09-2009, 09:03 AM
Wow, that really sucks, sorry to hear. ... How did you lose everything?

Gelston
11-09-2009, 09:25 AM
She put it down on the floor of her shop for some reason and the janitor nabbed it.

Summertime
11-09-2009, 09:43 AM
Sort of.. I use the Stormfront FE.. and I KNOW I hit 'wear' but for some reason it dropped my cloak instead (1lb holds 140).

In it was all my stuff, mny armor, my runestaff, and all my gear. :(

I was feeling pretty good about completing my final cast on the lance i was working on, so I would have something keeno for work at EG (not knowing NO freaking weapon or armor services were going to be offered). Picked up my cloak, slipped my new 6x perfect vultite lance into it, attempted to wear it, then stepped outside to pause a bit while I talked on Psinet. Ten minutes go by and I go to pull out the lance, and its telling me the ol "what you talkin about Willis?"

That's when it hits me.. and I step back inside, but no joy.

Loyrl
11-09-2009, 10:11 AM
That sucks man, I don't know if I could keep playing if I lost all my gear. I still use the wizard and I always type MY stuff.

Celephais
11-09-2009, 10:28 AM
I use SF but I don't actually use the click menus... I can't imagine using them, it's got to be a heck of a lot slower than just typing it in. They're only good for figuring out certain interactactions (forget what to ASK an NPC about, just click him and look in the menu).

I've heard that complaint before, that people have dropped things they've clicked "wear" on ... but I've CNR'd enough user interface bugs to know users don't like admitting they could have mis-clicked. Either way the real fix would be a confirmation for registered items or something. Still sucks though.. did you have any of it registered? Registered stuff should not be that easy to lose :(

Mogonis
11-09-2009, 10:33 AM
The janitor should have a Recycle Bin.

Celephais
11-09-2009, 10:44 AM
The janitor should have a Recycle Bin.
Necromium had an awesome janitor system, anything that was janitor'd was put in the nearest town dump, so there was just one room with a metric ton of useless crap... and stuff would eventually decay out of that room, but if you were low level or bored or whatever you could camp out there and get some neat stuff sometimes. (I think it had something where there wouldn't be any duplicates for common trash drops, that and there were a lot less people playing at any given time, it's all a bit foggy, but I also don't think there were things like all orcs dropped studded leather you could sell at the pawn... so it wasn't a cash cow)

Granted this might not have helped out summertime, as someone else would have nabbed the cloak, but at least it would still be in the lands and maybe the finder would be nice/willing to sell. It'd still be cool if there was a town recycling facility that could sell janitor picked up stuff.

Mogonis
11-09-2009, 10:49 AM
Heh. That would be interesting. I just meant for the GMs to have a centralized location to look at recently purged (noteworthy) items. Mistakes happen, and mistakes like this cause for people to stop paying and playing.

Celephais
11-09-2009, 11:17 AM
Heh. That would be interesting. I just meant for the GMs to have a centralized location to look at recently purged (noteworthy) items. Mistakes happen, and mistakes like this cause for people to stop paying and playing.
Sounds like they do:

... the Janitors log had already been flushed.
just that Summertime didn't make note of it in time. ... Although I don't really think they should flush the log as often as they do (I don't know how often it is, but there is no reason it shouldn't be at least a month long tailing (delete as it ages, not flushed at any given date) log). I'm sure the GMs would like to have that data, but their time to fix the logging is probably limited. ... but they should at it to the list of todos.

Mogonis
11-09-2009, 11:20 AM
Is a log really a "container" of the items though? From stories of people losing items, the key is to talk to a GM until the item(s) is/are replaced. The first GM usually does nothing.

droit
11-09-2009, 11:21 AM
I know I already told you this over psichat, but REGISTER EVERYTHING!! Some people apparently don't know you can register items anywhere in the game--just hold it in your right hand and REGISTER <item>. It will save you a ton of grief.

Celephais
11-09-2009, 11:35 AM
Is a log really a "container" of the items though? From stories of people losing items, the key is to talk to a GM until the item(s) is/are replaced. The first GM usually does nothing.
I don't know how it's implemented, but it sounds to me like if it were in the log, it would have been returned, so that would accomplish the same goal (at what level of effort on the GM I'm not sure). The first GM doing nothing more than likely has to do with them not wanting to give that GM (or more likely GH), that power. Although honestly, I don't personally think pulling things out of the trash is a thing you need a GM for, it used to be in game, why not let it be back in game. I've heard the whole janitor is an item sink thing, but if you had a junkyard scrapper merchant who could sell (at inflated prices) items that had fallen to the janitor, you'd have less GMs bothered, a good silver sink, and this mistake would only have cost summertime silver, not loss of something sentimental.

Mogonis
11-09-2009, 11:37 AM
Yeah. Items lost to the janitor. Items lost to players who are never coming back.

Gelston
11-09-2009, 11:50 AM
She made note of it in time. It took the GMs5 days to get to her, due to EG.

Celephais
11-09-2009, 12:29 PM
She made note of it in time. It took the GMs5 days to get to her, due to EG.
Right, my bad ... that's pretty shit-tastic. 5 days is a horribly short time for them to clean the logs (maybe they do it monthly? Stupid to do a truncate instead of a tail).

Widgets
11-09-2009, 12:45 PM
I thought you got your stuff back, since at EG you were wearing a shit ton of stuff still and buying up slabs etc..

AestheticLife
11-09-2009, 07:20 PM
3 days before EG I lost all my gear in a REALLY STUPID mistake. After making me wait 5 days the referal GM told me restoration was impossible, as they had no record of or specs for my items, and the Janitors log had already been flushed.

I lost everything, my armor, my 7x enhansive runestaff, 30m+ in projects I was working on, and all my potions, sanctified potions, enhancive potions. a dozen 40 rub WOF amulets, and a bunch of imbeddibles.

Right now Im just looking to get back to working on projects.. so if anyone can cut me a deal on some sanct potions it would be a big help. Thanks

At least you have that coraesine sword still?

Summertime
11-09-2009, 08:03 PM
No.. its my mage that lost a ton of shit.. my enchanter, hence my needing to replace some potions so I can start work again. it wasn't Iashara who lost all her gear.

if it had been HER gear I had lost & staff had blown me off.. I woulda quit,.. no hesitation.

phantasm
11-09-2009, 09:09 PM
Ouch.