PDA

View Full Version : Lich v4

Tillmen
11-06-2009, 08:15 PM
Most of the bugs seem to be fixed in Lich v4, but some scripts may need editing to work. The biggest change was how Lich works with Gtk, which makes it much much easier to write scripts that use it. I tried to make it backward compatible, and ultrafletch seems to work without any changes. Ultrawaggle does not, but I rewrote that as waggle. Narost has been rewritten too. Lich now has its own game entry and doesn't need to be installed to the registry, but that's still an option.

Lich v4 will work with Ruby 1.9.1 now. Ruby 1.9.1 is supposed to be faster, but it changes parts of the language a bit. Some scripts may have to be edited for this too, but I haven't noticed any with this problem. I've created an installer for Ruby 1.9.1 that includes Gtk 2.16.6 and ruby-gtk 0.19.3.

This version also has all the small bug fixes from the last two months that haven't gone into v3. For example, dealing with the screwed up XML in The Scatter so the map database works there.

I'm still not putting v4 up for automatic updating yet, because I don't want these possible problems to surprise people. If you want to try it out and report any problems, you can get it at http://lichproject.com/wiki/Download

Deathravin
11-06-2009, 08:24 PM
Wow... as always, that's disgusting

Alorn15
11-06-2009, 11:24 PM
The new Lich game entry is fantastic.

SolitareConfinement
11-07-2009, 12:39 AM
i upgraded for autosort to see if it was as pwn as i hoped it would be...and it is as pwn as i thought it would be. and the entry is with out a doubt a bonus

Widgets
11-07-2009, 01:01 AM
i upgraded for autosort to see if it was as pwn as i hoped it would be...and it is as pwn as i thought it would be. and the entry is with out a doubt a bonus

Yea, autosort is much better now without the lag.

Alorn15
11-07-2009, 10:13 AM
I uploaded new versions of voodoo2 and autosort this morning. They should both be a bit faster.

EDIT: Please download them again. Updated again at 9:33 AM PST after Tillmen gave me a hot tip.

Alorn15
11-07-2009, 01:51 PM
If you've moved to V4, you should ;repos download spell-list.xml.txt

Lag fix.

SolitareConfinement
11-09-2009, 07:50 AM
still lagged *shrugs*

Alorn15
11-09-2009, 11:17 AM
While Tillmen is currently looking into Lich lag, Simu lag is also something to consider: http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=102&category=8&topic=3

Shaelun
11-09-2009, 11:24 AM
While Tillmen is currently looking into Lich lag, Simu lag is also something to consider: http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=102&category=8&topic=3

First thought that comes to mind: open up the task manager (in WinXP hit control-alt-delete, no clue about Vista or Windows 7) and check to see if your CPU usage is spiking. If it is, Lich is probably causing the lag by trying to process too much at one time. If it isn't, shouldn't be at all related to Lich.

Morrff
11-09-2009, 01:28 PM
You guys rock and you know who U R!

geoffire
11-16-2009, 07:20 AM
The new launcher doesn't work if your on a new account thats in the trial period still. This is the response I got in a little pop up when trying to log in:

Unrecognized response from server. (F TRIAL
)

I was able to select gemstone, its at that point it pops up, then I cannot press the play button. My past-trial account logs in fine.

the workaround is installing lich v4 psinet compatable mode and using the simu launcher. Just a bug report...

SolitareConfinement
11-16-2009, 10:49 AM
First thought that comes to mind: open up the task manager (in WinXP hit control-alt-delete, no clue about Vista or Windows 7) and check to see if your CPU usage is spiking. If it is, Lich is probably causing the lag by trying to process too much at one time. If it isn't, shouldn't be at all related to Lich.

it is with out a doubt lich. the lag is best described as a screen scroll lag. for example when a creature dies and the spells fall off it. roughly takes about 2 seconds to scroll all through instead of instant like usual. this happened 24/7. everything was screen scroll lagged. almost like it was trying to parse through all the text and couldn't keep up. i switched back to v 3.99 and everything went away and im much less stressed now :) everything works perfect in 3.99

Alorn15
11-16-2009, 10:51 AM
I had the exact same issue, this should solve the problem:
http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=47696

For anyone that's interested:
http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/182691

Widgets
11-16-2009, 10:51 AM
it is with out a doubt lich. the lag is best described as a screen scroll lag. for example when a creature dies and the spells fall off it. roughly takes about 2 seconds to scroll all through instead of instant like usual. this happened 24/7. everything was screen scroll lagged. almost like it was trying to parse through all the text and couldn't keep up. i switched back to v 3.99 and everything went away and im much less stressed now :) everything works perfect in 3.99

Did you try the lag fix as posted by Alornen for v4?

Reason being is because I'm not at home right now and was still running 3.89 because of it originally.

I wanted to see now if anyone did what Alornen had said and if the screen lag was fixed or not in doing so. Regardless, I'll likely give it a go again but I thought I'd ask you first.

SolitareConfinement
11-16-2009, 10:58 AM
nope not yet. chances are until i MUST I'm probably going to stick with staying at 3.99. if its not broke don't fix it right?

Shaelun
11-17-2009, 06:32 AM
I had the exact same issue, this should solve the problem:
http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=47696

For anyone that's interested:
http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/182691

Wow. Well ain't that a bitch. It may fix it to evaluate this code (in a ";exec" script if that's still the same in Tillmen's versions or a script you run as usual -- either should work.)

$_SERVER_.binmode
If that doesn't do it, run this code too:

$_CLIENT_.binmode
Be forewarned: this may cause Lich to start spewing errors faster than you can read them. It depends on whether or not the Lich source script (the "lich.rb" file) is being read as encoded with 8-bit ASCII or Unicode.

You could try adding a line to your "lich.rb" at the very top:

# encoding: US-ASCII
or

# encoding: ASCII-8BIT

Frankly I'm not sure which. Doing any one of those, or perhaps all three, should fix the problem if my understanding of the changes made in Ruby v1.9.1 are correct. Which they may not be -- apparently universal-newline or string encoding is causing the slowdown, if the 4-minute-long research I just did on Google is accurate.

Or you could, of course, stick with a pre-4.0 version and not bother with any of this :)

As an aside, I don't see much reason to use Ruby 1.9.1 as opposed to Ruby 1.8.7 (unless future scripts require it to run properly, or they stop back-porting bug fixes to the 1.8 releases.) While there were some really cool speedups, if text processing has been slowed down due to Unicode support and other random junk, 1.8.7 will offer much, much better performance (hey, it's a text-based game, and everything Lich does is based on scanning text.)

GSFourester
11-24-2009, 07:16 AM
Not sure why, but can not get lich to run now using SGE or logging in from website. This is happening in both 4.09 and 4.011. Vista OS, clicked the install tab as listed in the instructions on http://lichproject.com/wiki/Download

This is what comes up in the debug file

info: Tue Nov 24 04:14:04 -0800 2009
info: $lich_dir: C:/Users/****/lich/
info: $script_dir: C:/Users/****/lich/scripts/
info: $data_dir: C:/Users/****/lich/data/
info: $temp_dir: C:/Users/****/lich/temp/
info: HAVE_REGISTRY: true
info: HAVE_GTK: true
info: no launch file given
info: no force-mode info given

I would assume that it has to do with the last two lines, but no real clue on what to do to make it work. I had renamed the lich.rbw to lich.rb because nothing would happen when named lich.rbw.

Any help would be appreciated.

Danjirus
11-24-2009, 08:51 AM
I'm having this same problem and im getting the same messaging. I havent played in a few days and nothing has changed. When I tried to log in last night the game kept closing after staying logged in for a min or so.

Tillmen
11-24-2009, 12:53 PM
Not sure why, but can not get lich to run now using SGE or logging in from website. This is happening in both 4.09 and 4.011. Vista OS, clicked the install tab as listed in the instructions on http://lichproject.com/wiki/Download

This is what comes up in the debug file

info: Tue Nov 24 04:14:04 -0800 2009
info: $lich_dir: C:/Users/****/lich/
info: $script_dir: C:/Users/****/lich/scripts/
info: $data_dir: C:/Users/****/lich/data/
info: $temp_dir: C:/Users/****/lich/temp/
info: HAVE_REGISTRY: true
info: HAVE_GTK: true
info: no launch file given
info: no force-mode info given

I would assume that it has to do with the last two lines, but no real clue on what to do to make it work. I had renamed the lich.rbw to lich.rb because nothing would happen when named lich.rbw.

Any help would be appreciated.

I suspect that you're looking at the wrong debug file. The "info: no launch file given" indicates that Lich was started without a .sal or Gse.~xt file in the command line. Since there was no force-mode info either, Lich should have showed its game entry window. So, this file is probably from when you were in the install tab, and not from Lich being started by SGE.

I'm guessing that means there is no debug file from trying the SGE. When you try to log in with the SGE, are you able to get into the game without Lich, or unable to get in at all? Bring up the install tab and make sure it shows Lich in the launch order. It may just be that Vista didn't let Lich change the registry, and you need to run it as admin.

If you are unable to get in the game at all, reinstalling the Simu launcher usually does the trick.

Alorn15
11-24-2009, 01:13 PM
Oh, oh, also:

Have you looked at the download page since Tillmen updated it yesterday? It was a much better install process than was previously listed. You could cross-reference the steps you've taken with that, and if all else fails uninstall everything and do it the right way from the start.

Tillmen
11-24-2009, 01:18 PM
The download page at lichproject.com has been updated with a new Ruby installer.. which is actually just the oldest ruby installer repackaged to include the ruby-gnome2 files with the hard-coded paths removed, rearranged to use the correct GTK files instead of some that might already be on your system, correct file associations, and a bunch of unneeded files removed. I've removed Lich v3 from the download page, since almost all the problems in Lich v4 were from Ruby 1.9.1, which I'm giving up on for a while. The major change in v4 is the way GTK is used. I believe the only script that broke because of this was ultrawaggle, which has been removed and rewritten.. twice. There are now a few scripts using GTK that will only work on v4, and the remaining GTK scripts written for v3 should still work on v4.

So.. basically.. Lich v4 should now be easier to install, work better than, and be as fast or faster than v3.

SpiffyJr
11-24-2009, 02:18 PM
It should be noted that any SpiffyXXX script will work with Lich v3 and v4. In v3 you'll get the text-configuration mode and in v4 you'll get the GUI if you have GTk installed.

Athgo
11-24-2009, 03:21 PM
I was trying to install Lich v4 today on Vista. I downloaded and installed ruby from http://lichproject.com/wiki/Download and then extracted Lich, but when I double clicked on lich.rbw nothing happened. What am I doing wrong?

Athgo
11-24-2009, 05:12 PM
Tried starting over with no luck, any ideas?

Drew
11-24-2009, 05:17 PM
Does anyone know why autosort highlights everything in my containers?

Mogonis
11-24-2009, 07:50 PM
I was trying to install Lich v4 today on Vista. I downloaded and installed ruby from http://lichproject.com/wiki/Download and then extracted Lich, but when I double clicked on lich.rbw nothing happened. What am I doing wrong?
Same for me.

Athgo
11-24-2009, 09:32 PM
Same for me.

At least I'm not alone.

Mogonis
11-24-2009, 09:38 PM
At least I'm not alone.
Tillmen got it working for me.

Run CMD and direct it to the directory lich.rbw in is, then type

ruby lich.rbw

It should create two folders, data and temp. Also the GUI should popup.

Athgo
11-24-2009, 10:01 PM
Tillmen got it working for me.

Run CMD and direct it to the directory lich.rbw in is, then type

ruby lich.rbw

It should create two folders, data and temp. Also the GUI should popup.

Awesome, thank you.

Tillmen
11-25-2009, 12:31 AM
The problem with lich.rbw not doing anything should be fixed in version 4.0.12. lich-4.0.12.zip (on lichproject.com) also has updated infomon, lnet, updater, and repository scripts to point at the new server. I think the reappearing bug with infomon not starting up right is finally fixed too.

Drevihyin
11-25-2009, 12:33 AM
What are the advantages to Lich if any, if you don't run scripts?

SpiffyJr
11-25-2009, 01:34 AM
Same as Psinets advantages.

Danical
11-25-2009, 01:48 AM
Same as Psinets advantages.

I know ;go2 is a script but god damn it's fucking awesome compared to goto.

Tillmen
11-25-2009, 02:05 AM
It's very difficult to run Lich without running scripts, since Lich itself is a ruby script, and most of its features are provided by scripts. That aside, assuming you just don't want to write scripts, I'm sure there's something you'll find useful.

Maybe the most useful thing is the movement script, go2. There are currently 17,356 rooms in the map database, with 37,645 simple directions and 1,212 mini-scripts connecting the rooms. It's fast, using as many typeahead lines as you tell it to. It has a bunch of built-in targets. For example, ";go2 bank" will take you to the nearest bank. Same for gemshop, pawnshop, chronomage, sunfist, advguild, furrier, forge, herbalist, locksmith, etc, etc. You don't have to memorize room numbers for rooms that aren't built-in targets. You just go to the room and give it a new name (;go2 save daroom=current). Then later you can ;go2 daroom.

Then there's narost, which shows your current room on Tsoran maps. Click on a room to go there, shift-click to see its description, right-click to pick a different map.

There's the chat client, aliases, container sorter, xp tracking..

Magic tracking, which takes into account if you're using a magic item or scroll, or if someone else is casting at you, the spell ranks of 740 Lich users or 1329 PsiNet users (currently). Also has tracking of some recovery times and general timers.

>;magic

- Minor Elemental:
401: Elemental Defense I - 3:20:33
406: Elemental Defense II - 2:40:42
414: Elemental Defense III - 2:40:48
425: Elemental Targeting - 0:47:19
430: Elemental Barrier - 0:37:25

- Major Elemental:
503: Thurfel's Ward - 3:05:58
507: Elemental Deflection - 3:45:34
508: Elemental Bias - 3:06:12
509: Strength - 3:06:19
513: Elemental Focus - 3:06:25
515: Rapid Fire - 0:00:03
520: Stone Skin - 0:46:22

- Wizard:
905: Prismatic Guard - 4:01:35
911: Mass Blur - 3:21:41
913: Melgorehn's Aura - 2:21:35
920: Call Familiar - 0:27:56

- Miscellaneous:
9003: Next Bounty - 0:14:37

- Unknown Circle:
9516: Mana Leech Cooldown - 0:17:24

Your Gift of Lumnis cycle will restart in 4 days, 14 hours, 26 minutes, 41 seconds.

>prepare 401
You gesture and invoke the powers of the elements for the Elemental Defense I spell...
Your spell is ready.
>cast
You gesture.
A silvery luminescence surrounds you.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
[ Elemental Defense I: +1:35:00, 3:09:46 remaining. ]

>;banks
Kharam-Dzu: 50,000
Icemule Trace: 40,000
Vornavis: 30,000
Wehnimer's Landing: 20,000
----------------------------------
Total: 140,000

This is taking too long... someone else take over.

Drevihyin
11-25-2009, 02:23 AM
Where does one find the command/code directory after installing or is it all just common knowledge from frequent use?

Tillmen
11-25-2009, 02:24 AM
;help

GSFourester
11-25-2009, 04:08 AM
Still having trouble getting it to launch lich using SGE or website. I followed all the directions, it seems to be installing. Only the 1 debug file shows up. I have tried reinstalling the launcher and stormfront. It logs into the game just fine, but lich does launch.

I have tried putting lich into a few different folders to see if that helped, but to no avail. I just upgraded my computer, so am new to using vista, last one was using win2k, so a bit getting used to.

I have tried installing using the default admin account for the computer, have tried creating a second account, giving it admin permissions, installing, then tried logging in with admin permissions as well as turning them off and trying. I downloaded v. 4.0.12 and tried it with that. The lich launch GUI does pop up, I install from the install tab, and still nothing with SGE. I installed from CMD window and nothing when logging in with the SGE.

Not sure where to go from here.

Danjirus
11-25-2009, 05:44 AM
I uninstalled ruby from my computer and restarted. After that, I reinstalled ruby 1.8.7 and then ran the latest lich and it started up and ran immediately like normal.

Mogonis
11-25-2009, 08:14 AM
>;banks
Kharam-Dzu: 50,000
Icemule Trace: 40,000
Vornavis: 30,000
Wehnimer's Landing: 20,000
----------------------------------
Total: 140,000

I didn't know about this. How does ;banks keep track?

GSFourester
11-25-2009, 08:30 AM
After messing around some with vista in general, changing some of the settings and such, uninstalling and reinstalling a few times, it now seems to be working, so far so good.

Drevihyin
11-25-2009, 09:13 AM
Okay made an attempt to run Lich 4.0.12 and need a little help. I'm running vista:

-- Lich v4.0.12 is active. Type ;help for usage info.

<pushBold/>** NOTICE:
** Lich is not intended to facilitate AFK scripting.
** The authors do not condone violation of game policy,
** nor are they in any way attempting to encourage it.
** (this notice will not repeat)<popBold/>
Please wait for connection to game server.
Welcome to GemStone IV (R) v5.10
Copyright 2009 Simutronics Corp.
All Rights Reserved
--- Lich: could not find script `infomon' in directory C:/Users/xxxxxxxx/AppData/Local/Temp/wz5028/lich/scripts/!
--- Lich: could not find script `updater' in directory
--- Lich: could not find script `updater' in directory C:/Users/xxxxxxxx/AppData/Local/Temp/wz5028/lich/scripts/!
--- Lich: could not find script `lnet' in directory C:/Users/xxxxxxxx/AppData/Local/Temp/wz5028/lich/scripts/!

The game window opens and I can see the help information but no scripts

>;go2 help
--- error: client_thread: No such file or directory - C:/Users/xxxxxxxxxx/AppData/Local/Temp/wz5028/lich/scripts/
C:/Users/xxxxxxxx/AppData/Local/Temp/wz5028/lich/lich.rbw:3639:in `open'

What do I need to do from here?

pabstblueribbon
11-25-2009, 09:30 AM
Unzipping lich into a non temp folder would probably help....

Mogonis
11-25-2009, 09:37 AM
Heh. Try to avoid running programs from compressed folders. Always extract!

Drevihyin
11-25-2009, 09:49 AM
thanks got it

Tordane
11-25-2009, 09:54 AM
I didn't know about this. How does ;banks keep track?

Infomon tracks your bankbook(premium) and "check balance" and "deposits" at all banks.

Mogonis
11-25-2009, 10:00 AM
Ah. I was worried that Lich usurped one of the only useful Premie perks. :D

So ;banks let's you view your bankbook in one step instead of two?

Tordane
11-25-2009, 10:03 AM
Ah. I was worried that Lich usurped one of the only useful Premie perks. :D

So ;banks let's you view your bankbook in one step instead of two?

After one reading of bankbook, the ;banks command would be "brought up to speed" and you could just use ;banks going forward. Only reason you would have to read bankbook again would be if you made deposits without ;infomon running or from different terminals.

Mogonis
11-25-2009, 10:05 AM
Someone check the ;banks script to make sure Tillmen isn't peeking.

Drevihyin
11-29-2009, 02:09 AM
I was wondering if someone can post ;go2 help so I can look at it while at work

Tordane
11-29-2009, 02:13 AM
I was wondering if someone can post ;go2 help so I can look at it while at work

>;go2 help
--- Lich: go2 active.

Usage: ;go2 <target>
Takes you where you want to go.
<target> can be a room number, a custom target, a builtin target,
or part of the room title or room description.
;go2 save <new name>=<target>
Saves a custom target. <target> can be any of the previous options, or 'current' for your current room
;go2 delete <custom target>
Deletes a saved custom target.
;go2 list
Shows your custom targets.
;go2 targets
Shows the bulitin targets.
;go2 typeahead=<#>
Sets the number of typeahead lines to use.
;go2 typeahead=<#> <target>
Sets the number of typeahead lines to use for this trip only.
;go2 shortcut=<on|off>
Sets if the shortcut to Ta'Vaalor should be used. (climbing and simming needed)
;go2 shortcut=<on|off> <target>
Sets if the shortcut to Ta'Vaalor should be used for this trip only.
;go2 portals=<on|off>
Sets if platinum portals should be used.
;go2 portals=<on|off> <target>
Sets if platinum portals should be used for this trip only.
;go2 getsilvers=<on|off>
Sets if go2 has permission to access your bank account.
;go2 getsilvers=<on|off> <target>
Sets if go2 has permission to access your bank account for this trip only.

--- Lich: go2 has exited.

Drevihyin
11-29-2009, 02:14 AM
thanks

Drevihyin
11-29-2009, 08:47 AM
I'm struggling a little with this go2 and need a little help.

--- Lich: whereami active.
Current room id: 3449
--- Lich: whereami has exited.
>;go2 save 3449
[go2: custom target saved (3449->0)]

>;go2 list
3449 = 0 [Moonglae Inn, Atrium]
2395 = 0 [Moonglae Inn, Atrium]

Room 3449 is [Honeybeer Inn, Tap Room]
Room 2395 is the room just outside the Honeybeer Inn

If I ;go2 3449 it starts taking me to the landing
If I ;go2 2395 it starts taking me to the landing

My question is am I entering the correct go2 target command?

Thanks

Drevihyin

Drevihyin
11-29-2009, 09:10 AM
Another go around:

>;where
Current room id: 2394
>;go2 2394
[go2: you're already here...]

>e
[Tavern Burrow, Honeybeer Road]
The local inn is a homey and cheery place with low, broad eaves and two round dormer windows overlooking the street. Smoke curls upward from the stone chimney, and the scent of roast rolton drifts out from the oak door each time it is opened. You also see a small placard.
Obvious paths: north, east, west
>;where
Current room id: 2395
>;go2 2395
>
[go2: you are too poor to make this trip]
[go2: ETA: 0:24:52 (683 rooms to move through)]

Alorn15
11-29-2009, 12:23 PM
Here's a go2 target example:
;go2 save honeybeer=2395
;go2 honeybeer

You were effectively mapping '2395' and '3449' to both go2 0. Which is Moonglae Inn - never heard of it.

Athgo
11-30-2009, 11:31 AM
When I try to use ;magic with a character from my second account I get this message:

s>;magic
--- Lich: could not find script `magic' in directory C:/Users/****/scripts/!

It works fine on my first account. Anyone able to help me out?

BigWorm
11-30-2009, 11:34 AM
When I try to use ;magic with a character from my second account I get this message:

s>;magic
--- Lich: could not find script `magic' in directory C:/Users/****/scripts/!

It works fine on my first account. Anyone able to help me out?

Make sure ;infomonitor is running. Do a ;list all

Athgo
11-30-2009, 11:36 AM
s>;list all
--- Lich: infomon, lnet.

SolitareConfinement
11-30-2009, 11:42 AM
any reason autosort is considering all my items inside containers as NPCs?

Alorn15
11-30-2009, 12:06 PM
lolwut?

Log please :)

SpiffyJr
11-30-2009, 12:12 PM
He's asking why there is monster bold text around items.

Alorn15
11-30-2009, 12:21 PM
Ohhhh....

I assume you're using Wizard?

So recently I started using Wizard during my Linux sessions, and I couldn't understand how you guys could mentally sort your items without hyperlinked text. I thought I'd try using monster-bold as Wizard's equivalent to the hyperlink. I liked the result, but if you guys don't I can remove it.

Tordane
11-30-2009, 12:27 PM
s>;list all
--- Lich: infomon, lnet.

;k infomon
;repo download infomon
;infomon

There was a bug, version on Repo fixes that.

Alorn15
11-30-2009, 12:37 PM
Monster bold removed. Talked to someone else that didn't like it either.

BigWorm
11-30-2009, 12:37 PM
Ohhhh....

I assume you're using Wizard?

So recently I started using Wizard during my Linux sessions, and I couldn't understand how you guys could mentally sort your items without hyperlinked text. I thought I'd try using monster-bold as Wizard's equivalent to the hyperlink. I liked the result, but if you guys don't I can remove it.

I am sticking with sorter, but yeah that would be really annoying. I turned off links in SF when I used that. Hyperlinks are the devil.

Athgo
11-30-2009, 12:41 PM
;k infomon
;repo download infomon
;infomon

There was a bug, version on Repo fixes that.

Thanks, working now.

SolitareConfinement
11-30-2009, 05:50 PM
Monster bold removed. Talked to someone else that didn't like it either.

um whupps?

>l in pack
Styxa traces a sign while petitioning the spirits for cognition...
>
Styxa gestures into the air.
Nothing happens.
>
In the crimson pack you see a feras dagger (3), a glimmering opalescent scarab (11), a wiregrass bracelet (6), a nearly square glass jar, a scrap of neatly inked papyrus, a scrap of wrinkled papyrus, a sky-blue glaes scarab (3), a sea-green glaes scarab (2), a spiked onyx scarab (4), an etched translucent scarab (3), a blood red teardrop-etched scarab (4) and the following:
8 Scroll: a crumbling scroll, an obscure scroll, a torn scroll, a shimmering scroll (2), a golden scroll, an ancient scroll and a neatly inked scroll.
5 Wand: a silver wand and a golden wand (4).
4 Magic: a tree bark amulet (4).
2 Ammo: a bundle of wooden arrows and a wooden arrow.
(58 Total)
>
In the <a exist="438618" noun="pack">crimson pack</a> you see a <a exist="438676" noun="dagger">feras dagger</a> (3), a <a exist="438674" noun="scarab">glimmering opalescent scarab</a> (11), a <a exist="438673" noun="bracelet">wiregrass bracelet</a> (6), a <a exist="438672" noun="jar">nearly square glass jar</a>, a <a exist="438659" noun="papyrus">scrap of neatly inked papyrus</a>, a <a exist="438655" noun="papyrus">scrap of wrinkled papyrus</a>, a <a exist="438645" noun="scarab">sky-blue glaes scarab</a> (3), a <a exist="438643" noun="scarab">sea-green glaes scarab</a> (2), a <a exist="438633" noun="scarab">spiked onyx scarab</a> (4), an <a exist="438632" noun="scarab">etched translucent scarab</a> (3), a <a exist="438630" noun="scarab">blood red teardrop-etched scarab</a> (4) and the following:
8 Scroll: a <a exist="438671" noun="scroll">crumbling scroll</a>, an <a exist="438670" noun="scroll">obscure scroll</a>, a <a exist="438669" noun="scroll">torn scroll</a>, a <a exist="438661" noun="scroll">shimmering scroll</a> (2), a <a exist="438658" noun="scroll">golden scroll</a>, an <a exist="438657" noun="scroll">ancient scroll</a> and a <a exist="438651" noun="scroll">neatly inked scroll</a>.
5 Wand: a <a exist="438668" noun="w">silver wand</a> and a <a exist="438667" noun="wand">golden wand</a> (4).
4 Magic: a <a exist="438675" noun="amulet">tree bark amulet</a> (4).
2 Ammo: a <a exist="438650" noun="arrows">bundle of wooden arrows</a> and a <a exist="438649" noun="arrow">wooden arrow</a>.
(58 Total)

Alorn15
11-30-2009, 06:23 PM
Fixed.

Renian
12-15-2009, 09:59 PM
So I'm having problems installing the new lich. Here's what my debug file says.

error: registry_get: The system cannot find the file specified.
C:/Program Files (x86)/Ruby-1.8.6/lib/ruby/1.8/win32/registry.rb:528:in `open'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Ruby-1.8.6/lib/ruby/1.8/win32/registry.rb:608:in `open'
C:/Users/Renian/Documents/lich/lich.rbw:5551:in `registry_get'
C:/Users/Renian/Documents/lich/lich.rbw:7076
C:/Users/Renian/Documents/lich/lich.rbw:7139:in `call'
C:/Users/Renian/Documents/lich/lich.rbw:7139:in `clicked'
C:/Users/Renian/Documents/lich/lich.rbw:7139
C:/Users/Renian/Documents/lich/lich.rbw:321:in `call'
C:/Users/Renian/Documents/lich/lich.rbw:321:in `main'
C:/Users/Renian/Documents/lich/lich.rbw:321:in `main_with_queue'
C:/Users/Renian/Documents/lich/lich.rbw:7754

I'm using 64-bit Windows 7.

Renian
12-15-2009, 10:05 PM
Fixed. I somehow inadvertently uninstalled the launcher when I uninstalled the old Lich. I'll keep the error up for reference.

Renian
12-15-2009, 10:18 PM
And now for an actual problem.

So I get into the game and it says Lich is active and whatnot. I can send commands to the game, and it will register them fine. But I can't receive the text from the game; it doesn't get through Lich. As in, the game window never updates.

Tillmen
12-15-2009, 10:49 PM
In case anyone else comes across this problem, apparently infomon and DragonRealms don't mix.

Renian
12-15-2009, 11:11 PM
In case anyone else comes across this problem, apparently infomon and DragonRealms don't mix.

This. Turning off infomon after the fact still doesn't remove the issue. It must be removed from global favorites.

Kramble
01-06-2010, 06:47 PM
First time Lich user and just recently returned to the game so I really have no idea what I'm doing. I'm having the same problem as some guys previously in this thread where I DL'd and ran/extracted Ruby and Lich v.4.0.15 and it won't do anything when I run it. As was previously mentioned I was able to navigate to the folder and run it through the command prompt just fine, but obviously that's rather tedious and annoying so if anyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong I'd appreciate it.

Flessen
01-08-2010, 08:50 AM
What OS are you using?

Kramble
01-09-2010, 12:08 AM
Vista. I'm assuming its a permissions issue though I've turned the obvious popup stuff off and am logged in as admin. I'm sure there's other Vista terribleness in the way.

Tillmen
01-09-2010, 12:15 AM
I believe the problem is that very early in the launch process, Lich is trying to write to stdout before stdout is redirected. On Windows, when running rubyw.exe, this causes an error. This was fixed at some point or other.. The current version of Lich is 4.1.11. You can rename lich.rbw to lich.rb, double-click on that, log in, and let Lich update itself. When the file extention is rb instead of rbw, a command prompt will show up. After it updates, you should be able to rename it back to lich.rbw. The problem could be something else though.. seems like I would have updated the website after a fix like this.

Tordane
01-09-2010, 12:52 AM
I believe the problem is that very early in the launch process, Lich is trying to write to stdout before stdout is redirected. On Windows, when running rubyw.exe, this causes an error. This was fixed at some point or other.. The current version of Lich is 4.1.11. You can rename lich.rbw to lich.rb, double-click on that, log in, and let Lich update itself. When the file extention is rb instead of rbw, a command prompt will show up. After it updates, you should be able to rename it back to lich.rbw. The problem could be something else though.. seems like I would have updated the website after a fix like this.

Yeah, you fixed that Tillmen. For Vista or Win7, lich.rbw just needs to be run as an administrator. To accomplish this, right click the file and select run as admin. If you place your lich folder within your User File, like in the Documents folder you only need to run it as an administrator the initial time. If you do not have it in a user folder, it will need to be run as an administrator every time for every instance so it has permissions to make file changes.

Kramble
01-11-2010, 03:09 PM
I'm still having trouble with this. I've check and rechecked and I'm definitely signed in as the admin (there's only one user on the comp) but when I right click the file there isn't an option to run as admin. I'm able to play just fine with the work around, and I'm assuming it updates to the newest version, I just can't figure out how to run it normally. I've got it working fine on my XP machine so it's obviously just a Vista/I suck issue.

Kramble
01-11-2010, 03:15 PM
I can run other programs as admin, just not lich. Any ideas?

Tordane
01-11-2010, 03:19 PM
I'm still having trouble with this. I've check and rechecked and I'm definitely signed in as the admin (there's only one user on the comp) but when I right click the file there isn't an option to run as admin.

Welcome to Vista/Win7 security. It doesn't matter that your signed in as an admin level account.

Run a program as administrator from the graphical interface
You can also run a program as administrator right from a program icon. Instead of double-clicking the program icon to launch it, right-click the icon and choose Run as Administrator from the shortcut menu.

http://www.asap-utilities.com/upload/images/setup-vista-run-as-administrator-option.png

Tordane
01-11-2010, 03:25 PM
I can run other programs as admin, just not lich. Any ideas?

1.Download and install Ruby 1.8.6 (http://www.lichproject.com/files/ruby-1.8.6-p287-ruby-gnome2-0.16.0-1-setup.exe)
2.Download and extract lich-4.0.15.zip (http://www.lichproject.com/files/lich/lich-4.0.15.zip) - Point the extraction to your users/my documents folder. This should create a Lich folder within my documents.
3.Open the Lich folder and right click on Lich.rbw and select run as administrator.

Kramble
01-11-2010, 04:21 PM
Don't have the option to run as admin when I right click it. Other programs I can. I've moved it into the admin user my documents. I've tried it everywhere. Other executables I can run as admin, just not lich.

Tillmen
01-11-2010, 08:40 PM
When you installed Ruby, did you install it by right-clicking and "run as admin"?

Buckwheet
01-13-2010, 08:31 AM
Strange things seem to happen at random. I can be connected and fine for hours and hours with no errors and then I can get this in only a few minutes.

--- Lich: herbheal has exited.
--- Lich: swaggle active.
[swaggle]>prepare 101
[swaggle]>prepare 101
[swaggle]>prepare 101
--- error: server_thread: Invalid argument

--- Lich: lnet has exited.
--- Lich: swaggle has exited.
--- Lich: exec1 has exited.

And it kicks me out of the game. Anyone else seeing things like this?

error: server_thread: Invalid argument
C:/Users/Administrator/Documents/lich/lich.rbw:8168:in `gets'
C:/Users/Administrator/Documents/lich/lich.rbw:8168
C:/Users/Administrator/Documents/lich/lich.rbw:8166:in `initialize'
C:/Users/Administrator/Documents/lich/lich.rbw:8166:in `new'
C:/Users/Administrator/Documents/lich/lich.rbw:8166
C:/Users/Administrator/Documents/lich/lich.rbw:6978:in `initialize'
C:/Users/Administrator/Documents/lich/lich.rbw:6978:in `new'
C:/Users/Administrator/Documents/lich/lich.rbw:6978

Kramble
01-13-2010, 08:21 PM
When you installed Ruby, did you install it by right-clicking and "run as admin"?

Sorry I've been busy. Yeah I tried that as well. It's not really worth all this trouble. It runs fine once I launch it through the command prompt. I'm sure it is just some sort of permissions issue that I don't feel like digging into anymore. Thanks for the help though guys.

btw, loving Lich in general, its awesome.

Drevihyin
01-16-2010, 12:04 PM
Had no problems looking at the repo until today when I actually needed it.

>;repository list
--- Lich: repository active.
Contacting the Lich server... if it's busy, this will take awhile...
[repository: error resolving address for lichproject.com]
[repository: ran out of servers to try...]
--- Lich: repository has exited.

Anyone? Vista user with no recent security events

tokeinc
01-16-2010, 08:11 PM
I believe ;trust repository will fix your problem here. Have you tried that?

Drevihyin
01-16-2010, 11:28 PM
fixed it thanks...

Tillmen
02-11-2010, 08:56 PM
The "Invalid Argument" error is a result of the connection being closed, and Windows not telling the program about it. I don't know of anything that can be done about it... except of course switching to a decent OS, like Linux.