PDA

View Full Version : Rivers Rest population?

rangent
11-05-2009, 07:42 PM
It's been a while since I've returned to the lands, and even longer since I was in Rivers Rest. From what I remember, it was very hard finding player services down there since there were so few people there. Has the population grown at all? Whats it like now?

EasternBrand
11-05-2009, 07:48 PM
It's been a while since I've returned to the lands, and even longer since I was in Rivers Rest. From what I remember, it was very hard finding player services down there since there were so few people there. Has the population grown at all? Whats it like now?

It's usually pretty quiet during the daytime hours. Maybe 2-5 people on the net, although some hours you can get the feeling you're the only one around. I haven't played in a few weeks at night, but when general usage is at its peak, you'll find maybe 3-8 in the Commons, another small group in the Sanctuary, and assorted people running around.

I mean, it's not the Landing, and player services aren't always available. There are some empaths, clerics, and locksmiths, but you'll find yourself needing herbs and the NPCs a lot, especially if you're not playing at peak. But hey, it's still a good place to be.

Belnia
11-05-2009, 08:00 PM
12 people on a good night, and 47 trolls.

Guarrin
11-06-2009, 11:09 AM
Still, one of my favorite cities even with the ridiculously low population.

Fallen
11-06-2009, 11:16 AM
Scribes is supposed to be starting up a bunch of storylines, so expect a higher population as people bring in their RR characters, and the old guard comes back to the isle. You are likely familiar with the NPC locksmith, but there is now an NPC cleric with a wacky resurrection system you should look into.

Danical
11-06-2009, 01:26 PM
Man, I fucking love RR.

I think I'm going to bring Gnimble and open up shop (purifying, loresinging, and locksmithing). It's just been too long.

Widgets
11-06-2009, 01:46 PM
RR is basically like Plat, without the drama queens and droppage on death.

whiteflash
11-06-2009, 02:50 PM
The player community down there is pretty tight, people seem to like to stick around. I wish I hadn't out-grown it, though I did rift over there last night just to rescue a friend. Ended up staying a while, good times.

phantasm
11-06-2009, 11:27 PM
Yah RR is awesome town.

TheLastShamurai
11-06-2009, 11:34 PM
The player community down there is pretty tight, people seem to like to stick around. I wish I hadn't out-grown it, though I did rift over there last night just to rescue a friend. Ended up staying a while, good times.

Go GoS, you can't outgrow camps! :)

Divinity
11-07-2009, 02:03 AM
RR is basically like Plat, without the drama queens and droppage on death.

Uhm. Wrong.

As soon as the storylines that Evarin mentioned began it's been a douchebag nesting ground.

There are a few RR citizens that stick it out but most have cleared from the place because of all the drama that's being created there the past month or so.

Unless you like watching Foxs lesbian orgies in the commons...

Widgets
11-07-2009, 02:33 AM
Uhm. Wrong.

As soon as the storylines that Evarin mentioned began it's been a douchebag nesting ground.

There are a few RR citizens that stick it out but most have cleared from the place because of all the drama that's being created there the past month or so.

Unless you like watching Foxs lesbian orgies in the commons...

I was referencing RR as it were, without events. Events obviously draw people to a town they'd otherwise never be seen in at all.

On a daily basis, RR is just that. On an Event filled basis, then yes, I'll agree with you

Delias
11-07-2009, 08:11 PM
I've been considering moving someone out there, just to have a character there. It's been a long time since I've been in RR.

Marl
11-07-2009, 08:15 PM
was my kind of town 4-5 yrs ago...still deciding if I want to stay after 2 days being back

mark123
11-17-2009, 06:45 AM
yes mostly people live near the river population this is the major problem in some countries.

Fallen
11-17-2009, 10:03 AM
lol.