PDA

View Full Version : Lich for Psinetters

Alorn15
11-05-2009, 12:43 PM
I plan to write a script that will set up a user-friendly environment for the new Lich user. I envision it doing three things:

1) Download scripts for basic functionality
- Voodoo2.lic
- Autosort.lic
- Waggle.lic
- Narost.lic
- Krakii.lic
- Autoexp.lic
2) Add favs.
- Voodoo2
- Autosort
- Autoexp
3) Add aliases.
- ? = ;krakii
- whereami = ;e puts "You are currently in #{Room.current.id}."
- grab = get \?\r stow \?\r

This thread will serve to build up this list of functionality until it's complete enough to warrant writing the script. One very large question is whether to actually overwrite psinet commands, something that would increase lich useability but discourage psinet + lich simultaneous usage. A good rule of thumb may be that the command must be at least as functional in lich as it is in psinet if it is to be overwritten.

Please add your own ideas!

Request 1: ';go2 targets <town>' to display go2 locations associated with a specific town
Request 2: import psinet user aliases

Drunken Durfin
11-05-2009, 02:16 PM
- Autosort.lic (written but unreleased)

Does this eliminate the spammy double listing that sorter.lic? Also, does it preserve the hyperlinks for SF? This is the real thing that I miss about PsiNet. Well, that and OOC...someone write an OOC patch/hack!

Alorn15
11-05-2009, 03:21 PM
It does both of those things and counts and the categorization is better and it's on the repository with autosort_data.txt now!

Widgets
11-05-2009, 04:53 PM
It does both of those things and counts and the categorization is better and it's on the repository with autosort_data.txt now!

I love you so much now...Only problem I get, with the autosorter is some weird RT/Cast time bar in my SF...

inso
11-05-2009, 04:58 PM

While I hate to be THAT guy (this is way better than ;sorter), is there any way to get it to alphabetize within groups like the Psinet one?

Alorn15
11-06-2009, 12:30 AM
Autosort

In the timeworn cloak you see an invar-hilted imflass dagger, an orange neckerchief, an ora-beaded whip, a bronze-tipped imflass main gauche and the following:
104 Gem: a fire opal (2), a red spinel (7), a black tourmaline (2), a yellow zircon (6), a golden beryl gem (5), a pink topaz (5), a pink spinel (2), a green garnet (4), a large grey pearl, a smoky topaz (4), a bright chrysoberyl gem (6), a pink tourmaline (2), a green zircon (5), a piece of golden amber (4), a yellow sapphire, an aquamarine gem (4), a blue spinel (2), some polished red coral (3), a piece of citrine quartz (4), a star ruby, a turquoise stone (3), a green malachite stone (3), a golden topaz (4), a light pink morganite stone (3), a violet spinel, a green tourmaline (2), a white opal, a star sapphire (3), an uncut emerald, some polished pink coral (4), a blue tourmaline, a clear tourmaline (2), a deep purple amethyst (2), a pink rhodochrosite stone (2), a violet sapphire and a piece of rose quartz.
25 Magic: a crystal amulet (7), a wide gold ring, a white crystal, a blue crystal, a ruby amulet, a white flask (3), a small statue (2), a solid moonstone cube (5), a bronze square (2) and a black crystal (2).
3 Scroll: a pure white scroll, a silvery scroll and an old scroll.
19 Wand: an iron wand (4), a silver wand (6), a polished bloodwood wand, a twisted wand (2), a golden wand (2), a crystal wand, an oaken wand, an aquamarine wand and a slender blue wand.
(155 Total)

AutoExp

>exp
Level: 42 Deeds: 59
Experience: 1957109 Death's Sting: None
Exp. until next: 11391 Recent Deaths: 0
Mental TPs: 29 Fame: 7010105
Physical TPs: 0 Mana: 62/62 max
Avg. Exp: 1382/hour Gift: 4 days, 23 hours, 26 min, 59 secs.
(886 Mnt converted to Phy)

Your mind is as clear as a bell.

Basically just injects Avg. Exp and Gift info into your normal exp command. The calculation is based on when you last ran autoexp, so if you want to reset your Avg. Exp just ;autoexp. It will also tell you how much time you have left on XXX and XX.

Alorn15
11-26-2009, 03:15 PM
Update: I'd like to get this out in the next few days. Does anybody else have any suggestions? Is any psinet functionality not covered by the scripts listed? Any scripts that need to be added to updater.lic? Aliases not yet mentioned?

Psinet aside, which Lich scripts/configurations do you think a beginner's environment would benefit from having?

Buckwheet
11-26-2009, 05:54 PM
sloot was nice to have right away for me.

Sylvan Dreams
11-26-2009, 06:18 PM
Update: I'd like to get this out in the next few days. Does anybody else have any suggestions? Is any psinet functionality not covered by the scripts listed? Any scripts that need to be added to updater.lic? Aliases not yet mentioned?

Psinet aside, which Lich scripts/configurations do you think a beginner's environment would benefit from having?

Does lich have aliases? What about something that converts psinet aliases to lich ones?

I haven't ever seen the lich spellup - does it keep track of variable mana costs? Does it display the benefit you get when the spell is cast and when you do a spell active check? If it could track sigil/sign/symbol duration that would be awesome too. Tracking recovery times for various things would also be awesome.

Tillmen
11-26-2009, 06:40 PM
Lich does all of the things you listed, except display the bonus of a spell when it is cast, and convert PsiNet aliases. Perrsonally, I leave bonuses turned off in the active spell list because it's too cluttered. I could make the bonuses show up when cast with the same option the toggles them in the active spell list, if people want it. There may still be cooldown timers missing, but I don't know what ones and I havn't had a request for one in a long time. The only timers I use are the mana leech cooldown and next bounty.

Alorn15
11-27-2009, 01:57 AM
What about something that converts psinet aliases to lich ones?

I've gotten this question twice now, and I'm starting to think that most people have more aliases than I do. Two. I don't even remember what they are.

I'm a little hesitant to add something like this to this particular script, the simplest reason being that not all users will want this to happen. It could exist as a setting to be toggled, but that's added complexity (currently the script has no settings and no setup). Perhaps most importantly, porting aliases is the kind of thing people might want to do without being forced into all the other stuff this script does, so it probably deserves to be in a script of it's own.

I'm still on the fence as to whether ? should alias krakii, and I'm not sure about the whereami alias either. Thinking about just making it 'locate' or 'room' or something.

Sylvan Dreams
11-27-2009, 02:29 PM
I've gotten this question twice now, and I'm starting to think that most people have more aliases than I do. Two. I don't even remember what they are.

I'm a little hesitant to add something like this to this particular script, the simplest reason being that not all users will want this to happen. It could exist as a setting to be toggled, but that's added complexity (currently the script has no settings and no setup). Perhaps most importantly, porting aliases is the kind of thing people might want to do without being forced into all the other stuff this script does, so it probably deserves to be in a script of it's own.

I'm still on the fence as to whether ? should alias krakii, and I'm not sure about the whereami alias either. Thinking about just making it 'locate' or 'room' or something.

ALIAS LIST or a similar command tells you. I have a fair bit of made up commands that I've turned into aliases, and then build into my scripts. For example, I created an "ungird" alias that stows both weapon and shield away, because while there was a single command to get both, I couldn't find one to stow both.

Emislity
11-27-2009, 03:12 PM
Does this eliminate the spammy double listing that sorter.lic? Also, does it preserve the hyperlinks for SF? This is the real thing that I miss about PsiNet. Well, that and OOC...someone write an OOC patch/hack!

Believe it or not, I actually find a use for this. As a bard, sometimes I need to know in which order certain gems or items if identical are located. Sure I could just do an auto sort or something within the bag, but if I've placed more gems than I needed to in the container then knowing where the separation is between our hunts works well for me. Sometimes, if two people hunt the same characters and you've placed items in the same container before realizing it, you need to know which items are yours and which aren't. Don't get me wrong, I love the condensed version of sorter but sometimes I need the long version as well. I'm sure it's as simple as just ;k sorter and looking, but for me sorter works. For others it may not... I just wanted to send out my appreciation for the script, that's all.

Loagan
12-02-2009, 03:24 AM
I think I will switch to the "win" side tonight and ditch Psifail all together.. Learning something new is always fun.

Flessen
12-02-2009, 01:19 PM
Just did that myself. I have to get used to the new lich room id numbers but the rest is very easy.