PDA

View Full Version : Item ideal for a sorcerer

Archigeek
11-05-2009, 10:51 AM
**This need has been satisfied**

Not looking for armor or a runestaff, unless it's one heck of a runestaff. I'm looking for that one sweet item that causes a sorcerer to say, "I have got to have that".

Willing to spend 10's of millions of silvers if I find the right item.

Items I'm not interested in that may come to mind: the fash'lo'nae tome.

An item I WOULD be interested in: the mana gloves from the EG auction.

I also have the 5x a day elemental barrier self-charging rainbow quartz runestone that I would be willing to trade for the right item. the runestone is raise activated, which is the best method for the purposes of duration (133% of standard duration due to activation method), which makes me consider this to be one of the best self-chargers out there, and a rarity. In fact, I can't think of another raise activated self-charger. I'm sure there's one out there somewhere.

Fallen
11-05-2009, 10:56 AM
If you can get ahold of Mekthros, he has a pouch which generates 6? prepared runestones a day. Great for infusion. There are also the scroll portfolios which are out and about. Those are nice items for sorcerers.

Sean of the Thread
11-05-2009, 10:58 AM
That pouch is pretty sweet. I hated fucking having to carry all that shit around and I only infused for some peoples and myself.

Fallen
11-05-2009, 11:01 AM
That pouch is pretty sweet. I hated fucking having to carry all that shit around and I only infused for some peoples and myself.

I couldn't get the guy to give it up. Talk about taking a cool item to the grave *mutters*

Fallen
11-05-2009, 11:04 AM
There are also several Dikar'fyn runes out there that are valuable. No one has learned how to make them yet. They were just given out at some event. One of those woud definitely fall into the catagory of something a sorcerer "must have". I wouldn't mind getting one myself.

Archigeek
11-05-2009, 12:17 PM
Thanks for the ideas guys. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm going to be able to get a hole of Mekthros.

Send me what you are willing to part with for the right price.

Belnia
11-05-2009, 12:20 PM
I cleared out that +2 spirit recovery shield at the summer auction. I know a sorcerer who was very happy with it.

Sean of the Thread
11-05-2009, 12:27 PM
I can't remember exactly but I may have sold a +3 spirit recovery runestaff once. Was for a bit of coin I do remember that.

Spirit recovery ftw.

Danical
11-05-2009, 12:46 PM
Mekthros has been MIA since the end of the GSS. :(

droit
11-05-2009, 12:49 PM
Along these same lines, what do you think would be an ideal (mechanically useful) item for a ranger? The tonis boots are definitely one, but can you think of any others?

/hijack.

Sean of the Thread
11-05-2009, 12:51 PM
Along these same lines, what do you think would be an ideal (mechanically useful) item for a ranger? The tonis boots are definitely one, but can you think of any others?

/hijack.

A bundle of dildo arrows with self recharging lightning flares?

/un hijacked

THIS IS SORC THRED DURR

droit
11-05-2009, 12:51 PM
I'll take my dildo arrows with vibe flares, thank you very much.

Archigeek
11-05-2009, 02:01 PM
What about RP items like snake-staves? Sorcerer's, well pures in general just aren't as gear-centric as we squares are. I'm not sure if that's a blessing or a curse. Must be nice in some ways, but we all have to spend our coins on something. Looking for something from 20-80 million silvers range. A broad range I know. I thinik the runes are a good idea, and the pouch would be killer. Too bad it's not available.

Fallen
11-05-2009, 04:10 PM
for rangers, the whittling knives, and knives that give aid to skinning without givin you the spell. The tinderboxes,aybe that new drafter kit, all of the quivers and bows, etc.

Archigeek
11-05-2009, 04:34 PM
for rangers, the whittling knives, and knives that give aid to skinning without givin you the spell. The tinderboxes,aybe that new drafter kit, all of the quivers and bows, etc.

There's a certain irony. I was parrying Virilneus's claim that there wasn't much in this latest EG auction for pures, and I think the facts are that there just ISN'T as much that pures need, therefore there just isn't going to be as much stuff for them at auction. A lot of the stufff at this auction would be nifty for a pure, (spell enhancive runestaves for example), but it's just not the same as it is for a warrior, who can learn 3 forms of combat and get go out and buy weaponry for each type in five varieties... and STILL feel like that axe over there would be cool. So what is it from the toy perspective that a sorcerer would want? We squares have it easy! We want it all!

Fallen
11-05-2009, 04:46 PM
It is silly to say GMs can't code items specifically for pures. All runestaves are pure only. Wyrdling rings are for pures only. My pouches, rattle, and wand are pure only, and all from auctions. This festival focused more on runestaves for pures than nifty toys, though there was a few.

I would like to see more profession specific toys released at future auctions. The ranger bows were very neat, as are the soulstone wands. Where is the love for empaths, clerics, rogues, warriors, and paladins? Hell, bards even have call familiar instruments.

Swami71
11-05-2009, 04:55 PM
I cleared out that +2 spirit recovery shield at the summer auction. I know a sorcerer who was very happy with it.

Thats on my Cleric.

Dwarf, +1 spirit regen badge, +2 spirit regen shield, 2x HP=WIN!
He also has 11 spirit so he can wrack in front of me. (that just sounds bad)

I made Siphere GoS and the mana is really lacking. But as an Elf I don't even try to fight my bad spirit regen (part of the reason I went Sunfist).

Best Sorcerer items I can think of:
Hollow soulstone wand (125m-priceless)
Demon rattle (25m but don't think there moving)
Fine crystaline chalk generating pouch (???)
Raise dead item

Evarin has all of these I think. V has the other animate wand. Not sure where the other demon rattle is. Only one pouch that I know of. Evarin has a 3x? per day raise dead staff and I have a 1x per day wand.

Oh and my favorite item I own is my 1000 lb capacity sack. http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=43867

Archigeek
11-05-2009, 04:55 PM
Tell me about the pouches and wand? I presume the rattle is the summoning one? This is likely the kind of thing that's going to fit.

Allereli
11-05-2009, 04:56 PM
Only sorcerous item I ever drooled over was the scroll combiner

Archigeek
11-05-2009, 04:56 PM
I have a raise dead Idol of Imaera, (rechargable, ancient), but I won't be selling that. What makes you think that's such a great item for a sorcerer?

Archigeek
11-05-2009, 05:02 PM
Oh and my favorite item I own is my 1000 lb capacity sack. http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=43867

Nice sack. And pretty nifty feature. I'll take two of those please!

crb
11-05-2009, 07:32 PM
It is silly to say GMs can't code items specifically for pures. All runestaves are pure only. Wyrdling rings are for pures only. My pouches, rattle, and wand are pure only, and all from auctions. This festival focused more on runestaves for pures than nifty toys, though there was a few.

I would like to see more profession specific toys released at future auctions. The ranger bows were very neat, as are the soulstone wands. Where is the love for empaths, clerics, rogues, warriors, and paladins? Hell, bards even have call familiar instruments.

The same auction that got us our soulstone wands got empaths healall runestones and clerics raiseall runestones. Those are pretty fucking awesome.

crb
11-05-2009, 07:38 PM
You want to pimp out a sorcerer kerl?

Here is what I'd get.

1. a self recharging AS based wand. Entwined, cone wand, lots of them out there. This gives you another way to kill things, for free mana.

2. Enhancives for demonology or necromancy. Runestaffs, bangles, whatever.

3. Some nice armor, 7x hcp doubles or something.

4. a big scroll collection.

You're not going to get one of the special toys out there. I don't think anyone is selling, I know I'm not. Maybe a runestone or chalk pouch, but I find those rather blah, all they do is save you a little coin.

Stunseed
11-05-2009, 07:49 PM

/hijack.

For Droit, the troll heart would be downright awesome, or a warhorn that uses the PF-scale.

Inspire
11-05-2009, 07:50 PM
Nice sack. And pretty nifty feature. I'll take two of those please!

I may have one for sale, if the offer is good enough.

a dark mesh bag with adjustable straps
Weighs 1, holds more than any person can carry.

Stunseed
11-05-2009, 07:52 PM
< I would like to see more profession specific toys released at future auctions. The ranger bows were very neat, as are the soulstone wands. Where is the love for empaths, clerics, rogues, warriors, and paladins? Hell, bards even have call familiar instruments. >

I had designed a "siren medallion" that would remove any INF penalties for the warcrying of Warriors. 1x/day Mass Empathy, along with a stat bonus to INF for non-warriors.

droit
11-05-2009, 07:54 PM
or a warhorn that uses the PF-scale.

What's this?

BriarFox
11-05-2009, 07:55 PM
What's this?

Couple warhorns out there that cast major e-wave, using PF ranks like MjE ranks, or something similar. Higher your PF training, the more damage you do.

droit
11-05-2009, 07:58 PM
Whoa. Any clues where they might be?

BriarFox
11-05-2009, 08:04 PM
Whoa. Any clues where they might be?

Kerl used to have one. Other than that, I'm not sure.

Archigeek
11-05-2009, 10:49 PM
So what's the giant sack worth? I am not going to make any offers without a clue as to what they're worth. 10, 15 million? I guess I could go ahead and do my own research.

Belnia
11-05-2009, 10:51 PM
Tolwynn sold one right before EG for 30-ish.

Swami71
11-05-2009, 10:54 PM
They should of had some amazing containers at this years EG. Those are getting scarce IMO.

Abyran'sa
11-06-2009, 08:49 PM
my sarcastic .02 silver

a shadowy cloak emblazoned with the image of a dark elven sorcerer wearing a rune-etched tin-foil skullcap gallantly standing alone against an army of ethereal figures armed with Nerf bats.

But, the good news is that one can have a very successful Sorcerer without needing legendary items. There are a few sweet things out there, but they are few and far between.

Sereg's puppeteer.

Fallen
11-06-2009, 09:23 PM
Other than the scroll portfolio, and a dykar'fyn rune, I don't see anything moving.

Shimeria
11-07-2009, 05:12 PM
There are also several Dikar'fyn runes out there that are valuable. No one has learned how to make them yet. They were just given out at some event. One of those woud definitely fall into the catagory of something a sorcerer "must have". I wouldn't mind getting one myself.

How much is the runestone worth?
You tap a cracked red obsidian runestone
You quickly recognize the rune scrawled upon the runestone as the "dikar'fyn" rune.

RelentlessJew
11-07-2009, 05:36 PM
If it's perm... maybe 5-10m... if not... 3m tops.

Shimeria
11-08-2009, 01:53 PM
If it's perm... maybe 5-10m... if not... 3m tops.

I have never used it and a Bard was not able to get any information when sung to. Is there any other way to find out if it's perm or not because I have a few people interested in buying it.
Thanks for helping!

Fallen
11-08-2009, 02:49 PM
It isn't. It likely has 5 uses, just like all the others.

Belnia
11-08-2009, 03:11 PM
Except the one Virilneus got recharged up to 40.

Thanks Hadanas!

Fallen
11-09-2009, 07:41 AM
That's true, if a merchant you went to charged your runestone up to 40 charges, then your runestone would then have 40 charges. Otherwise...

crb
11-09-2009, 09:26 AM
It isn't. It likely has 5 uses, just like all the others.

1 use, actually.

Fallen
11-09-2009, 12:48 PM
1 use, actually.

Jesus.

Allereli
11-09-2009, 02:21 PM
Except the one Virilneus got recharged up to 40.

Thanks Hadanas!

nice. went to 2 or 3 before I quit that refused to charge them.

GSAuctionPlace
11-12-2009, 02:52 PM
What about RP items like snake-staves? Sorcerer's, well pures in general just aren't as gear-centric as we squares are. I'm not sure if that's a blessing or a curse. Must be nice in some ways, but we all have to spend our coins on something. Looking for something from 20-80 million silvers range. A broad range I know. I thinik the runes are a good idea, and the pouch would be killer. Too bad it's not available.

Not sure if you're after one of the snake staves, but we have one of those Grand Auction small coiled copperheads (http://www.gsauctions.com/itemdetails.asp?auctionid=46952C2A78B949008DD2EF1E F7DBBF4D) for sale for 55 million. Feel free to shoot an email to sales@gsauctions.com if you have any questions.

Archigeek
11-12-2009, 03:21 PM
Ain't lookin' no more. Thanks all. My quest has been satisfied.

Shimeria
11-12-2009, 07:08 PM
Ain't lookin' no more. Thanks all. My quest has been satisfied.

What did you end up getting your Sorcerer?

AestheticLife
11-12-2009, 08:17 PM
You should've bought the new dahcre box! BAH!

Drew
11-12-2009, 08:52 PM
Apparently an ethereal string is just the kind of item a sorcerer needs :)

Liberi Fatali
11-12-2009, 09:04 PM
Apparently an ethereal string is just the kind of item a sorcerer needs :)

DREW, WHAT THE THUNDERING FUCK IS YOUR ANIMATED GIF OF.

It makes me laugh everytime I watch it. Seriously, though, what's it from?

Liberi Fatali
11-12-2009, 09:05 PM

Also, what does the string do, curiously?

Archigeek
11-13-2009, 12:19 AM
Actually, I was attempting to trade said sorcerous item to a sorcerer for the string. The string can be attached to any qualifying weapon, thereby making it a returning hurling weapon, with some other nifty tricks too.

Stanley Burrell
11-13-2009, 12:21 AM

It's quite clearly the result of charging and firing one's laser.

Drew
11-13-2009, 12:39 AM

SHOOP DA WHOOP

Everyone keeps asking me this, it has to do with charging mah lazer

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/IMMA_CHARGIN_MAH_LAZER

Malok
11-14-2009, 12:25 AM
The video is The Crazy Frog Brothers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDhntEvBD3M

You can see at about 45 seconds in, where they pulled the footage to make that gif.