PDA

View Full Version : Pickpocket Program

Weedmage Princess
03-11-2004, 08:02 AM
Someone....I want to say Wezas but I'm not 100% sure....made some sort of program that recorded how much or what you stole from a person and kept a log of it, or something to that effect..? Anyways, I want to check the program out, so if anyone has it and can tell me a lil about it, I'd be grateful. Can respond here, via U2U or IM me at BogusPrincess on AIM/AOL. Thanks in advance! :saint:

ThisOtherKingdom
03-11-2004, 08:12 AM
Stealing is wrong. :rolleyes:

Weedmage Princess
03-11-2004, 08:15 AM
Eeeeeek.

How ever will I fall asleep at night?! :shrug:

Caiylania
03-11-2004, 08:35 AM
hehe. I don't have a rogue, but I wouldn't mind knowing how much some of those theives have gotten from me.

:D

Falgrin? Wezas? Etc............. hehehe

LordSagan
03-11-2004, 08:36 AM
Personally, I don't steal.

Nope. Never.

Caiylania
03-11-2004, 08:37 AM
Suuuuuuurrrrrreeeeee

Weedmage Princess
03-11-2004, 08:39 AM
Liar Sagan.

I remember back in the day standing on the Hearthstone steps after just getting my boxes opened...you wiped me out. I was just able to get into Hearthstone (was a big deal for me) so I wanted to use their gemshop and bank...I had come from the east tower and stopped to talk to someone I knew...when I got to the gemshop almost ALL my stuff was gone...that's how I first learned about Sagan

::swears::

ThisOtherKingdom
03-11-2004, 08:41 AM
Hearthstone has a gemshop and a bank? Goes to show how much I know about the game I hardly ever play anymore.

Caiylania
03-11-2004, 08:43 AM
Someone shares the same house as a certain theif on these boards so is hopefully safe from said theif because he said he doesn't steal from fellow house members.

::cough::

Drew2
03-11-2004, 08:44 AM
Wezas doesn't release his program, I believe. Only he uses it for now until he completes it. I could be wrong.

LordSagan
03-11-2004, 09:34 AM
A certain thief thinks that someone who might be a house member would only be safe if that someone were actually inside of the House in question at the time of the allged incident.

Caiylania
03-11-2004, 09:46 AM
Unless said house member remembers closing all thier containors and said theif commented its useless to steal from fellow house members :D

Wezas
03-11-2004, 10:17 AM
It was me who had the program. It's fallen by the wayside just like my stealing as soon as GS4 came around. But I have been itching for a new pet project.

It was almost finished when I took a break from it. But now I'll need to add a few features including the stealing of wands and the new ways of getting caught, etc.

I haven't used it with Stormfront, nor do I really want to. It is wizard specific (unless the logs are identical, no clue)

Weedie, if you want to send some logs (edit them however you want, I just want the pickpocket related lines (being caught, finding nothing, and getting various items) to my E-mail (legendwezas@cox.net)). Please zip the file up, saves a bunch of space. I can try to update my program to release it again. For the features in it, http://forum.gsplayers.com/viewthread.php?tid=2198 and I'm here's a few screenshots:

http://members.cox.net/legendwezas/pplog-sum.jpg
http://members.cox.net/legendwezas/pplog-gems.jpg
http://members.cox.net/legendwezas/pplog-detail.jpg

If others want to send zipped logs, feel free.

Weedmage Princess
03-11-2004, 10:22 AM
I'll get on it Wezas...

And three cheers for not using Storm Front. I hate it.

Wezas
03-11-2004, 05:50 PM
I better hurry, Qahaar looks like he's giving me some competition..... kinda

http://www.alexsoftware.com/gs4/parse2.php

Bobmuhthol
03-11-2004, 05:52 PM
Boo hoo, I'm on his list.

Tayre stole from him enough for me to not care.

TheEschaton
03-11-2004, 05:54 PM
Damn, Edine got pwned.

-TheE-

Drew2
03-11-2004, 05:57 PM
Haha I'm not on the list.

And yes. I robbed Klaser blindz0r a lot. It was funny as hell.

I think he saw me once and Qahaar was all TAEK OFF ZUR LEG and I SHATTER FACE and it was the end.

[Edited on 3-11-2004 by Tayre]

Syberus
03-11-2004, 06:04 PM
He needs another list stating..

"People who gave my ass a complete and utter thrashing when they found me in their pockets"

It would probably be almost as long as the first one. I know I'd be on it.

[Edited on 3-11-2004 by Syberus]

Klaser
03-11-2004, 06:14 PM
Fuck you syberus, I've only been killed twice for stealing, so cram it up your fucking arogant ass, by the way, you've never killed me for stealing.

[Edited on 3-11-2004 by Klaser]

J-Tech
03-11-2004, 07:25 PM
LOL - I love the list, especially cause i'm not on it.

J.T.

Parkbandit
03-11-2004, 07:54 PM
Faelynna
Falyndryl

Nope.. no Falgrin.

Wezas.. get off your lazy ass and give me an update on that program. I have been BUSYBUSYBUSY lately.

Syberus
03-11-2004, 08:13 PM
I'm arrogant? hmm.. interesting

Wezas
03-11-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Parkbandit
Wezas.. get off your lazy ass and give me an update on that program. I have been BUSYBUSYBUSY lately.

Send me your pulls. I need examples of pulling a wand, herbs, crystals, gems, coins, nothing, and of course botches. Though I'm sure I'll have to look elsewhere for that one, Park.

I just finished getting it all working (with the exception of the new items we can steal). The zip/setup file is 10mb (almost all of it is installing the data access components to be able to use the Visual Basic front end with a MS Access back end.

Wezas
03-12-2004, 10:00 AM
*Bump*

Still no logs in my inbox (legendwezas@cox.net). I need input if you guys want this program to actually track anything in GS4. Right now it's still looking for GS3 text strings. And please zip the log files.

Weedmage Princess
03-12-2004, 10:02 AM
Sorry Wezas, I didn't get a chance to do anything yesterday...I gotta work in a little while but I'll tinker around with it tonight when I get home from work and send them to you.

Wezas
03-12-2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Weedmage Princess
Sorry Wezas, I didn't get a chance to do anything yesterday...I gotta work in a little while but I'll tinker around with it tonight when I get home from work and send them to you.

No prob, and it's not just you. A certain bandit of the park hasn't sent anything either. If it makes it easier, you can edit the names, etc.

LordSagan
03-12-2004, 11:38 AM
I haven't been playing, just migrating skills.

I'll log on this weekend and get you some logs Wezas.

Wezas
03-14-2004, 10:02 PM
*2nd and Final Bump*

Sunday Night, 10pm, still no logs in my inbox (legendwezas@cox.net). If I don't have any by midnight EST Monday night I'll take that as noone wanting the program enough to add input. And I'll be moving onto my next project.

If you are sending, you can replace names, omit other crap, just leave in the pulls. Also zip your files, keeps the upload/download small.

Weedmage Princess
03-14-2004, 10:03 PM
Oh crap!

Wezas
03-14-2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by peam
Weedie wins.

Did I miss the old contest?

crazymage
03-14-2004, 10:38 PM
i was gonna send logs but i have about 4000 to look through and.. i said no.

Wezas
03-14-2004, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by crazymage
i was gonna send logs but i have about 4000 to look through and.. i said no.

Yeah, going through them all is a pain, understandable. I've only tested the program with 1300 logs (how many I have) and it takes about 2 minutes to process. Sounds like Weedie is giving me some input so that will definately be helpful. If anyone else can send it would be appreciated. That means you, Falgrin

Weedmage Princess
03-15-2004, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Wezas

Originally posted by peam
Weedie wins.

Did I miss the old contest?

You didn't miss anything. You just suck so bad that you're virtually a non-factor :smug:

Wezas
03-15-2004, 04:49 PM
7 hours, 11 minutes left

# of Logs in Inbox = 0

Parkbandit
03-15-2004, 05:07 PM
How about you just send me the damn program again.. and I'll debug it for you.

Worked perfectly last time and I have about 2,000 logs.

Send me the damn program so I can find out how much interest I've collected from Omens in the past 2 weeks.

Parkbandit
03-15-2004, 05:13 PM
Ah.. sorry.. didn't read the stuff between my posts.

I'll send some logs tonight Wezas. I don't think I have a botch where I saw it.. but I think there is a couple places where it says something like they are guarding their pockets.

Weedmage Princess
03-15-2004, 08:34 PM
You gots mail, Wezas ;)

NOW GET TO WORK

Parkbandit
03-15-2004, 10:36 PM
Yea Wezas! I sent you about 10 logs.. out of 3424 :)

It's nice to have an external hard drive.

Wezas
03-16-2004, 12:30 AM
Thanks for the logs Falgrin and Weedie. Working on it now, having it deduct the silvers you took from your total if someone grabs your arm.

Also going to add some options for the summary, as some people only want to see "Amulets: 5, Crystals: 10, Gems: 57, etc" and others may want to see "Black Crystals: 5, Blue Crystals: 3, Sapphires: 4, Emerald: 7, etc."

What groupings would people like to see in the summary?

Right now I have it as:

(1st level summary Option)
Amulets: 27
Crystals: 17
Gems: 26
Herbs: 16
Jewelry: 2
Wands: 10
-----------------
(2nd level Summary Option)
Amulets
.... Crystal Amulet: 5
.... Ruby Amulet: 1
Crystals
.... Blue Crystal: 10
.... Black Crystal: 5
Gems
.... Sapphires: 7
.... Pearls: 5
.... Opals: 8
.... Misc Gems: 27
-----------------------------------
(3rd Level Summary Option)
Gems
.... Sapphires
........Blue Sapphire: 5
........Green Sapphire: 2
etc.

This Detailed description could make the summary less of a summary and more of the full story. So I don't want to go too detailed.

Also, are there still botches? Or is the only "botch" when someone grabs your hand?

Weedmage Princess
03-16-2004, 12:42 AM
There's another I didn't get...I'll have to go for it again.

I don't autolog so I'm just out thieving it up and copy/pasting.

Wezas
03-16-2004, 12:43 AM
There's another I didn't get...I'll have to go for it again.

I don't autolog so I'm just out thieving it up and copy/pasting.

You can't use the program unless you autolog. Start autologgin!

(maybe then I'd get more then 8 pulls from you)

Weedmage Princess
03-16-2004, 12:56 AM
BAH GODDAMNIT!!!

BAH!!!

Parkbandit
03-16-2004, 07:20 AM
I like the really detailed summary. There is a big difference between a blue sapphire and a clear sapphire as far as value.. and I want to be able to determine what a mark is worth.

Also, you will have summaries about best marks, worst marks, etc... right?

AnticorRifling
03-16-2004, 08:49 AM
I'd like to see the detailes summary for the same reasons PB listed. Also, you can still reach in and pull out nothing and the next attempt pull coins. I think the "idiot is empty" message is offering them a donation. So besides pulling out nothing and getting grabbed by the wrist I don't know if there is a you fail to gain advantage everyone sees you suck message.

Wezas
03-16-2004, 11:08 AM
I like the really detailed summary. There is a big difference between a blue sapphire and a clear sapphire as far as value.. and I want to be able to determine what a mark is worth.

Understood, and also, any gems that are not "known" are considered "misc gems". That would be your clear sapphires, etc.

Also, you will have summaries about best marks, worst marks, etc... right?

Yes, those are already made. The summary I mentioned is just populating a textbox which you can copy and paste into a webpage, AIM profile, etc.

Parkbandit
03-16-2004, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling
I'd like to see the detailes summary for the same reasons PB listed. Also, you can still reach in and pull out nothing and the next attempt pull coins. I think the "idiot is empty" message is offering them a donation. So besides pulling out nothing and getting grabbed by the wrist I don't know if there is a you fail to gain advantage everyone sees you suck message.

Actually, you can get the 'donation' message in one instance and the very next pull, you can get something from them.

Wezas
03-16-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by AnticorRiflingAlso, you can still reach in and pull out nothing and the next attempt pull coins. I think the "idiot is empty" message is offering them a donation. So besides pulling out nothing and getting grabbed by the wrist I don't know if there is a you fail to gain advantage everyone sees you suck message.

Good deal. Right now I have the following:

"You reach into" (coins, gems, items)
"Maybe you should offer" (they're broke)
"is closed!" (container you aimed for is closed)
"You fail to gain sufficient advantage" (a failure, in case this is still being used)
"somewhere you're likely to be able to get to it without" (container unavailable)
"notices your actions and turns suddenly, grasping at your wrist!" (busted)

I've avoided coding the "watching their pockets" because it's a huge can of worms. If you try to steal from someone twice and get that message both times, I don't want it to count against you twice.

The options in the program

Process Logs - Clicking on this button will look to your registry to find the folder where you installed the wizard. It will bring up a windows explorer tree that will default to your Wizard/Gemstone/Logs folder. You will have the ability to select a different folder. When you begin processing, a "total files" box will appear showing you how many files you are processing, and a status bar will begin to fill. Currently it takes about 2 minutes for 1300 logs. You will only need to process if you have additional logs to add to what you've already processed. Pulls from your last process are stored until you process again.

Summary - I'm making some changes to the it (stuff to be cut & pasted). See above post(s) for options/details

Top Marks - gives a list in order of best mark (by total value) to worst mark. The list will show the character name and total amount. Double clicking on the character name will bring the details of your theivery (all the pulls (successful or not), what you pulled, and their value)

Specific Marks - a drop-down of everyone you've stolen from. Basically an easy reference guide to see if you've looted from someone. Selecting their name will bring the details of your theivery (all the pulls(sucessful or not), what you pulled, and their value)

Item Values - This one needed the biggest overhaul, because now we can steal more then gems. It will show you both known and unknown items. Unknown items are either items that are not currently known to your system, or crap gems that you don't want to be in your summary (they will be listed under "misc. gems"). When clicking on a known or unknown item, there are 5 fields that appear. Long Description (ex. a deep blue mermaids-tear sapphire), Short Description (mermaids-tear sapphire), Tiny Description (sapphire), Type (gem), and Value (4100). All those fields are necessary to accomodate the summaries. It was much easier when there were just gems to deal with, but now we have amulets, crystals, gems, herbs, jewelry, silvers, and wands (have I left anything out?).

Parkbandit
03-16-2004, 02:47 PM
I've avoided coding the "watching their pockets" because it's a huge can of worms. If you try to steal from someone twice and get that message both times, I don't want it to count against you twice.

That message will make the mark unavailable to steal from for a long period of time... upwards of 30 minutes as far as I can tell. You cannot steal from them during that period.

Also, how about a summary about the number of times you've been caught?

Looks sweet Wezas.. thanks for working on this. You rule.

You've forever gotten a 'free pass' from Falgrin... unless you are in the park. I can't be held responsible for what he does there.

Wezas
03-16-2004, 03:06 PM
That message will make the mark unavailable to steal from for a long period of time... upwards of 30 minutes as far as I can tell. You cannot steal from them during that period.

It used to be 20 minutes in GS3 (I almost made a timer for it), but it may be longer in GS4.

Also, how about a summary about the number of times you've been caught?

Currently the beginning of the Summary looks like this:

http://members.cox.net/legendwezas/PPlog3-Sum2.jpg

Bad example, but if you were caught it would have a botch %. Would you still want a # of fails as well?

You've forever gotten a 'free pass' from Falgrin... unless you are in the park. I can't be held responsible for what he does there.

I wouldn't expect to get a free pass if I wandered into your park.

Celexei
03-20-2004, 12:20 AM
wow this completly inspires me to make a hardcore thief, looks like i have a few mentors here if any are willing, i'll make a new string for that........:saint: Also funny as hell to see my name on the list, as well as many other people i'm close with, hell i never knew anyone ever steals from me :shrug:

Parkbandit
03-20-2004, 10:43 AM
Is this program done yet Wezas? Damn.. what's the holdup??

ps- Get it.. holdup.. bandit.. heh

Celexei
03-20-2004, 07:25 PM
yeah definatly gonna have to have the program, to much fun to see who and what you've stolen

Celexei
04-08-2004, 12:56 PM
sorry to bump up ancient threads....just wonderin the progress Wezas?

Weedmage Princess
04-08-2004, 05:33 PM
WEZAS IS A SLACKER

Celexei
04-08-2004, 05:37 PM
hehe....i U2U'd and bumped the thread....no response yet....:shrug: oh well, i can wait a tad longer

killjoymp
05-13-2004, 02:15 PM
So is there luck with getting the program out?