PDA

View Full Version : AUCTION: Tehir trunk - materials and alterations

Lumi
11-03-2009, 11:26 PM
Alright, after much discussion, this is how this is going to work.

There are 17 pieces in the trunk. Each one is going to be auctioned off individually. Anyone may bid on as many pieces as they wish.

For anyone who wins at least one piece, I will submit their material(s) to the Tehir merchant for an alteration, or alterations, of the winner's specifications. For each individual alteration, there will be another charge of one million silvers.

(Example: someone bids on and wins 3 pieces, at a total of 3 million silvers. He requests that two be used to create a new item of his own design, and then requests that the third item be used to alter his armor, a pre-existing item. The total would be 5 million silvers.)

There are multiples of a few items, each are identical. I will list them separately; please bid on each item by number.

(Descriptions of each item can be found in this post: http://forum.gsplayers.com/showpost.php?p=1018032&postcount=1)

1) a small qahzumar carapace - MB:1m...CB:

2) a small qahzumar carapace - MB:1m...CB:

3) a small qahzumar carapace - MB:1m...CB:

4) a vial of ahdmir blue dye - MB:1m...CB: 1.3m Vrairdrick

5) a small qahzumar tentacle - MB:1m...CB:

6) a small qahzumar tentacle - MB:1m...CB:

7) a small qahzumar tentacle - MB:1m...CB:

8) a medium qahzumar carapace - MB:1m...CB:

9) a small bolt of crimson farszig - MB:1m...CB: 1m Vrairdrick

10) a small bolt of teal farszig - MB:1m...CB:

11) an ivoried morduska fang - MB:1m...CB:

12) an ivoried morduska fang - MB:1m...CB:

13) an ivoried morduska fang - MB:1m...CB:

14) a large morduska hide - MB:1m...CB: 2m Metadi

15) a small morduska hide - MB:1m...CB:

16) a long selshis skin - MB:1m...CB: 1m Guarrin

17) a long selshis skin - MB:1m...CB:

Feel free to ask any questions here or in PM. Happy bidding :)

Lumi
11-03-2009, 11:43 PM
Bids updated.

AestheticLife
11-04-2009, 02:54 AM
Fail. Not only have you turned a Tehir godsend roleplay bundle into random merchant whoredom, you have completely destroyed any opportunity for anyone to give half a damn about anything that spawns from this otherwise great auction grouping.

I would've went a solid 30m on the trunk, not that it matters anymore.

BriarFox
11-04-2009, 03:00 AM
Fail. Not only have you turned a Tehir godsend roleplay bundle into random merchant whoredom, you have completely destroyed any opportunity for anyone to give half a damn about anything that spawns from this otherwise great auction grouping.

I would've went a solid 30m on the trunk, not that it matters anymore.

Just offer him a BO on it. I think what he's doing is fine and spreads the items out to those who want them. I would have done the same thing had I won it.

AestheticLife
11-04-2009, 06:27 AM
Just offer him a BO on it. I think what he's doing is fine and spreads the items out to those who want them. I would have done the same thing had I won it.

I tried to earlier. He has bids on individual items now. *_*

BriarFox
11-04-2009, 09:05 AM
I tried to earlier. He has bids on individual items now. *_*

That's why it's a BO. ::shrug:: It's an auction.

Belnia
11-04-2009, 09:40 AM
The PC runs on undisclosed buyouts.

Fallen
11-04-2009, 09:45 AM
The PC runs on undisclosed buyouts.

I would extend that statement to about 99.9% of merchanting.

Lumi
11-04-2009, 10:29 AM
Oy. I'll address this crap in a moment. First:

As each of the Tehir materials does have the size, and in some cases the purpose, described in their current examines, many of them are pretty much pre-dictated for what they can be.

As I explained, something really sizable, such as the large morduska hide, could be made into a cloak or it could combined with smaller pieces, to create something like: "a voluminous morduska hide cloak trimmed with selshis skin banding and fastened with a small qahzumar carapace clasp."

Smaller items could not be used stand-alone, but would need to be applied to an existing item, as they are really too small to be individual items.

To be specific:
a small qahzumar tentacle - a single tentacle could be fashioned into a small pendant or a clasp, or cut up and used to add toggles or buttons to a single existing item. Several of them could be turned in together and made into one bracelet or necklace.

a small qahzumar carapace - ditto the above

an ivoried morduska fang - ditto the above, except the fang won't be cut up into pieces.

a small bolt of crimson farszig - can be created into a cloak or gown, and the examine of the fabric can be incorporated into the examine of the item -- the pattern on the fabric is not changeable.

a small bolt of teal farszig - ditto the farszig above.

a medium qahzumar carapace - same use as the carapaces above, or it can be fashioned into a very, very small container. Tinier than a pouch.

a long selshis skin - There is just enough of this material to create either a belt or hair tie or neck choker.

a small morduska hide - Sufficient leather for one pair of boots or slippers.

(If you're bidding, please keep the alteration guidelines for each piece in mind!)

Lumi
11-04-2009, 10:45 AM
Okay, now that that's over with...

11-04-2009 04:02 AM lame

Yes, I'm splitting them up. Pretty sure there is no rule against spreading the wealth. There aren't a huge number of Tehir players out there that I'm aware of, and the ones I do know are pretty dedicated to it. On the other hand, I seriously doubt anyone who isn't dedicated to their Tehir is going to drop multiple millions on an alter that they won't even understand the value of.

This way, more than one person who can appreciate these items will be able to get their hands on some of them.

And while the prevailing philosophy seems to be that buyouts are what make the world go 'round, I haven't accepted any of the buyouts I've been offered (and there's been more than one) because I started the auction without them, and people bid, and accepting a buyout now would sort of sandbag those people who might've jumped at a buyout instantly had I offered one. I know that I feel a little annoyed when I'm bidding on an auction and it suddenly disappears because an unspecified buyout occurred. Seller's prerogative, I know, which is why I don't go bitching about it when it happens...but hey, this time I'm the seller.

All of that said, if you bid on each item individually, you'd almost certainly get the whole package for a good bit less than 30m, so why don't you just put your silvers down and acquire the items you want, rather than complaining that you couldn't get something that's still available if you really want it.

Shimeria
11-05-2009, 04:25 AM
#10 a small bolt of teal farszig, I will bid 1m on that item please

Beldonn
11-05-2009, 10:47 AM
I'm with lumi on this, you could put MB's on the unbids, and bump 100k above the bidders on the bidded ones, and you'd make out bandit style with the trunk. But I don't see that happening. Good on ya Lumi, my bud's a diehard RPer and his to-be wife is Tehiri. He went to the god auction, got a language earcuff for cheap as hell, got offered like 30mil to turn it to a language for the buyer, told the person to blow goats, and made it understand Tehiri for his Rp reasons. YEAH! Score.

AestheticLife
11-05-2009, 04:22 PM
I'm with lumi on this, you could put MB's on the unbids, and bump 100k above the bidders on the bidded ones, and you'd make out bandit style with the trunk. But I don't see that happening. Good on ya Lumi, my bud's a diehard RPer and his to-be wife is Tehiri. He went to the god auction, got a language earcuff for cheap as hell, got offered like 30mil to turn it to a language for the buyer, told the person to blow goats, and made it understand Tehiri for his Rp reasons. YEAH! Score.

ZOMG ZO HARDCORE.

Beldonn
11-06-2009, 06:37 AM
Sirina's going to spawn an invasion of bacon herpes to dickpunch you. Just so you know. They won't be monks though. Oh no. Not monks.

Kitsun
11-07-2009, 10:48 PM
How is this sale going?

AestheticLife
11-07-2009, 10:52 PM
How is this sale going?

Probably so well, in fact, that I'll be getting a message on that buyout I offered soonish.

Beldonn
11-19-2009, 06:36 AM
gotta ask cuz im damn curious. What happened to the auction? Did everything go okay? Is Lumi arite?

Guarrin
11-19-2009, 09:27 AM
Haven't heard from him

Shimeria
11-19-2009, 07:48 PM
No updates so I thought AestheticLife bought them?

AestheticLife
11-19-2009, 08:10 PM
No updates so I thought AestheticLife bought them?

That dumb bastard wishes that was the case!

Oh. Right.

Yeah, I didn't get them.