PDA

View Full Version : Tehir trunk - materials and alterations (x-post from officials)

Lumi
11-03-2009, 03:53 PM
First off, here is a look at the item I won, and its contents.

a battered and rusted trunk strapped with fraying ropes

In the rusted trunk you see a small qahzumar carapace (x3), a vial of ahdmir blue dye, a small qahzumar tentacle (x3), a medium qahzumar carapace, a small bolt of crimson farszig, a small bolt of teal farszig and the following:
7 Skins: an ivoried morduska fang (x3), a large morduska hide, a small morduska hide, a long selshis skin (x2)

You remove a small qahzumar carapace from in your rusted trunk.
Mottled and slightly translucent, the carapace can be fashioned into rigid accents, such as pendants, clasps, and inlay, but due to the natural hardness of the shell, it will not take any dye. When buffed to a glossy shine with oils, the qahzumar darkens to an almost olive green hue, though sometimes it's left in a natural dull state of desert camouflage.

You remove a vial of ahdmir blue dye from in your rusted trunk.
This vial of dye is unique from all other vials of dyes, in that ONLY a merchant can open it and pour it upon the item of clothing the customer wishes to colorize. There is enough concentrate in the vial to do one large garment, such as a cloak or gown, or if the merchant is willing, two separate pieces: skirt, blouse, shirt, pants.

You remove a small qahzumar tentacle from in your rusted trunk.
Curved and spiraled, as a result of being detached and preserved, the qahzumar tentacle makes an intriguing pendant, clasp, toggle, or other decorative addition. Several of them can be strung together to make a unique necklace or bracelet. Almost white from being bleached in the sun, the shriveled sucker rings are a stark contrast with their purple-black hue.

You remove a medium qahzumar carapace from in your rusted trunk.
Mottled and slightly translucent, the carapace is just barely large enough to be fashioned into a small and somewhat inflexible container. It could also be fashioned into rigid accents, such as buttons and inlay, but due to the natural hardness of the shell, it will not take any dye. When buffed to a glossy shine with oils, the qahzumar darkens to an almost olive green hue, though sometimes it's left in a natural dull state of desert camouflage.

You remove a small bolt of crimson farszig from in your rusted trunk.
Crimson linen supports a ivory-threaded pattern of roses woven to create an asymmetrical design of trellised flowers. Usually reserved for ceremonial purposes and special events, these few arm spans of the rolled material will be sufficient for a long cloak, robe, or a gown.

You remove a small bolt of teal farszig from in your rusted trunk.
Typical of the fabric created in River's Rest, the teal linen supports a flourished gold-threaded pattern of Ha'an spirits woven together in a fantastical scene. Usually reserved for ceremonial purposes and special events, these few arm spans of the rolled material will be sufficient for a long cloak, robe, or a gown.

You remove an ivoried morduska fang from in your rusted trunk.
Sharply curving and paler at the tip than the base, the fang has mellowed to an ivory hue. Excellent for inscribing, the hardened surface can be etched with fine tools or drilled and worn as a pendant. The roughened root end is almost spongy compared to the dulled crown.

You remove a large morduska hide from in your rusted trunk.
Cut from a gigantic specimen, three sides of the door-sized sheet are clean and smooth, while the fourth side follows the natural edge and angle of a fin. Slightly pebbled, the rough texture is typical for the desert dwelling mammal, and the sandy hue of the hide takes dye exceptionally well.

You remove a small morduska hide from in your rusted trunk.
Cut down from a larger specimen, this sample would be sufficient to work into a pair of boots, slippers, or gloves and other items of similar size. Slightly pebbled, the rough texture is typical for the desert dwelling mammal, and the sandy hue of the hide takes dye exceptionally well.

You remove a long selshis skin from in your rusted trunk.
This strip of monotone-scaled skin is expertly tanned and prepared for use in creating belts or other narrow accessories and can be combined with other matching specimens for larger items. Faint markings can become more pronounced when dyed, giving it a more interesting texture than the dull beige it is in its natural state.

Nifty stuff, if you're into that whole Tehir thing ;)

Sadly...I am not. So, I am looking to distribute these items in some fashion to those who are interested. But wait! There's a bonus...

As part of my prize, I have been given the opportunity to use these items in an alteration session (within a reasonable period of time, i.e. before the end of the month). The items can be used, based on the above descriptions, to create entirely new items, or they can be applied to existing items.

So, if you are interested in any of the above, please let me know (sooner rather than later, please, in the interest of getting everything done in a timely fashion!). I hope a lot of Tehiri end up happy =)

Danical
11-03-2009, 03:56 PM
The only Tehir I know is Maliku but I think he already has a slew of Tehir alters.

BriarFox
11-03-2009, 03:59 PM
That trunk's awesome. Hit it for some very unique alters.

Durgrimst
11-03-2009, 04:19 PM
Shoot Kitsun a PM about it, I know he likes that stuff.

AnticorRifling
11-03-2009, 04:23 PM
Makkah was/is Tehir isn't he?

Archigeek
11-03-2009, 04:26 PM
With all the alternations involved and all of that, that's really a lot cooler than I thought it was at the auction. You could make a whole new persona. I see a tehir monk in someone's future...

AestheticLife
11-03-2009, 06:43 PM
PM with the sort of price range you're looking for. I usually joke about reactivating, but this might give me a reason.

Stretch
11-03-2009, 06:44 PM
I see a tehir monk in someone's future...

Only if Blizzard steals Simu documentation for Diablo III

LMingrone
11-03-2009, 06:48 PM
^I see what you did there.

On a side note, The William Hung documentary is playing on my Netflix in the background. Good timing.

Lumi
11-04-2009, 02:43 PM
Auction being held in the auction folder, in case anyone else is watching this thread.

Izzy
11-04-2009, 02:50 PM
The only Tehir I know is Maliku but I think he already has a slew of Tehir alters.
^^

Makkah was/is Tehir isn't he?