PDA

View Full Version : 12 Setting Unnavvable Ring

Speaker
03-10-2004, 12:11 PM
Selling....

a star sapphire ring

Tapping the ring brings up the list of locations currently in the ring with an arrow pointing to the current setting.

tap ring
1 Ta'Illistim, Hanging Gardens
-> 2 Ta'Illistim, BriarStone Court
3 Wraithenmist, Narrow Trail
4 Wooded Hillside, Trail
5 Wehnimer's, Outside Gate
6 Hearthstone, Courtyard
7 Upper Dragonsclaw, Boulder
8 Wehnimer's, Bay's Watch West
9 Town Square, Garden Niche
10 Hearthstone, Front Porch
11 Thanatoph, Stone Valley
12 Locksmehr River, South Dock

Pushing and Pulling the ring changes which location the ring is set to.

push ring
The ring begins to glow and gradually, a fiery sigil appears on its surface, depicting the numeral 3. It flickers a few moments, then disappears.

The exit script you see is...

rub ring
Suddenly, your ring spouts thick clouds of fog. In the next heartbeat, you feel yourself launch into the air, and you are hurtling through empty space! Abruptly, the sensation ceases, leaving you a bit unsteady on your feet.

Others see when leaving...

Speaker rubs his ring and fog billows from it in a thick cloud, quickly obscuring his form from sight. As the murk clears, you see Speaker is no longer there.

Others see when arriving....

A blanket of fog begins to fill the room. As it clears, Speaker is suddenly standing in front of you.

The ring also works as a scrying crystal and you can preview any room that you have it set to.

peer ring
You stare intently at your ring. A fog begins to creep into the periphery of your vision, gradually obscuring your surroundings. Then, the details of another location overlay the haze, showing you...
[Ta'Illistim, Hanging Gardens]
Although the floating platform is suspended well above the ground below, it overflows with abundant plant life. The edges of the dais are brimming with delicate white queen's lace, dark lavender, fragrant rosemary and a variety of other colorful flora. Thick grass underfoot provides an enticingly peaceful resting spot. A thin silk canopy is suspended above, providing ample shade from the day's brightness. You also see the Promethious disk, a white tiger that is sleeping, a forest mouse that is sleeping, a green chameleon that is sitting, an engraved tanik strongbox, a raven, a richly finished wooden bench with some stuff on it and a large faenor-chased barrel.
Also here: Maliku, Ciarana who is sitting, Lord Promethious who is sitting, Skwirly who is sitting, Jube who is sitting, Mistomeer, Great Lord Dujas, Mirkk, Nereth who is sitting, Tacklberie, Great Lord Zearatull who is lying down
Obvious paths: out

Asking price is 125 million in silver. I'm not all that interested in trades, but I am willing to entertain offers including 10x DB items and elemental bows.

I'm reachable at gs3drake@aol.com

-Speaker

[Edited on 3-10-2004 by Speaker]

longshot
03-10-2004, 12:15 PM
5K on the ring.

Trinitis
03-10-2004, 12:19 PM
Now see, this is one of those neat Items I'd like to buy. But like I'll EVAH own 125 mil. Yah, right.

Galleazzo
03-10-2004, 12:22 PM
Fucking A, that ring is awesome.

Now ain't no way I'd ever spend 125 mil on anything. I ever get 125 mil I sell it on eBay for the downpayment on a new car, but fuck me, that's a nice ring.

100% Wool
03-10-2004, 12:23 PM
Just curious how much of a % do you think the people in the lands that can afford something like this...cot damn I wish I had this kind of money laying around...and the people out there that do buy silver...15x125. = $1875.....*gawk

longshot
03-10-2004, 12:26 PM
At 15$ US per million, this ring is worth 1875$

Now, at 5K per pop, you could buy 250 gold rings. This would last quite awhile. But, you can't be navved...

So, you would have to factor in the original 5K plus the estimated cost of silvers lost per "navving".

The conclusion... the ring is really nice.

Chadj
03-10-2004, 12:28 PM
That ring rocks.. take pity on the fact that Chadj is poor, and give it to him!

Halfsilver
03-10-2004, 12:30 PM
I could purchase it, but I have my eye on something else at the moment.

Very nice item, Speaker. One of those 'game-balance tipping' deals. I would hold on to it, were I you.

Hips
03-10-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Halfsilver
I could purchase it, but I have my eye on something else at the moment.

Very nice item, Speaker. One of those 'game-balance tipping' deals. I would hold on to it, were I you.

I thought the IG wifey blew 50 mil on a forehead gem? How do you people make money back so fast?

Halfsilver
03-10-2004, 12:33 PM
50m...heh, that was about a fourth of our money, Jessa.

We've already reopened our auction to make it back. Awesome items on there, if anyone's interested, btw. Drop me an IM.

longshot
03-10-2004, 12:49 PM
I will not make a crude comment about giving Grey's wife a forehead gem for free...

It's better if I kill it now.

Someone else would have jumped all over it.

Halfsilver
03-10-2004, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the welcome back.
I see not much has changed here.

Um...yeah, it's a nice ring, Speaker. Good luck selling it.

longshot
03-10-2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Halfsilver
Thanks for the welcome back.
I see not much has changed here.

Um...yeah, it's a nice ring, Speaker. Good luck selling it.

I was helping!!!

J-Tech
03-10-2004, 12:55 PM
That is a pretty sweet ring.

J.T.

StrayRogue
03-10-2004, 12:58 PM
Atheana made is through buying it IRL.

Halfsilver
03-10-2004, 01:01 PM
Jesus...

No she didn't, Stay. She made EVERY silver on her own, through her auctions.

You know, I'm just going to turn around and walk right back out the way I came.

Later.

[Edited on 3-10-2004 by Halfsilver]

StrayRogue
03-10-2004, 01:02 PM
Then how come YOU and HER told me you did. You even went hmpth when I told you $20 per mil was alot. No one makes over a 100 mil from shit alters.

StrayRogue
03-10-2004, 01:04 PM
I don't know where this whole "buying coin for money is bad" thing came along. You got it, flaunt it. Didn't Blueland spend 5k on the red armor?

Bobmuhthol
03-10-2004, 01:06 PM
<<You know, I'm just going to turn around and walk right back out the way I came.

Later.>>

It's time for the SOCOOL emoticon to come into play.

:socool:

Rogue Slayer
03-10-2004, 01:26 PM
I'de hafta agree and say nothing Ive ever seen is worth 125mil. Its a nice ring. Defenaintly a keeper

StrayRogue
03-10-2004, 01:28 PM
The red armor, thal's eye, the lochaber, and Sorrow are all worth around that much, imho.

longshot
03-10-2004, 01:29 PM
What are those, if you don't mind me asking?

Bobmuhthol
03-10-2004, 01:30 PM
<<the lochaber>>

Ardwen's lochaber axe? I forget the stats on it, but I agree with this, the red armor, and Sorrow. Never heard of Thal's Eye, though.

StrayRogue
03-10-2004, 01:34 PM
10x bastard axe with incredible or exceptional weighting (forget which).
The red armor has something like 40 points worth of damage padding.
Thal's eye can kill anyone or anything of any level, with unlimited uses.
Sorrow is the sentient sword that can cast 720 and other dangerous spells without limit.

Caiylania
03-10-2004, 01:34 PM
Crap, I want that ring? Who doesn't? Wow. How do people get stuff like this??

peam
03-10-2004, 01:35 PM
It provided an unwardable attack or something of that sorts. I'm sure someone here knows better than I.

Items like these are limited to about 50 people in game. Sucks that the pecking order of GemStone has been set for years.

03-10-2004, 01:37 PM
I like the ring, but I'd rather have one that took me to Logoth and River's Rest...

03-10-2004, 01:38 PM
And Sorrow IMO is worth over 125 mil, heh.

StrayRogue
03-10-2004, 01:38 PM
Are you just slow, or totally retarded peam?

peam
03-10-2004, 01:40 PM
There were three replies in two minutes time?

Speaker
03-10-2004, 02:18 PM
I'm always happy to give demonstrations of the eye, as long as you bring a healer and quite possibly a cleric... :D

Anyway... buy the ring. ;)

-Speaker

[Edited on 3-10-2004 by Speaker]

03-10-2004, 03:20 PM
Sure, but I won't have 125 mil anytime soon, and thats what, 2500 bucks on an ebay listing?

TheEschaton
03-10-2004, 04:43 PM
Wait, does this ring go across realms?

Like, if it was set to TSC, and I was in Ta'Vaalor, I could make that hour long trip in, oh, the time it takes me to rub the ring?

-TheE-

Edaarin
03-10-2004, 04:46 PM
Most likely not...

But what you could do is probably use 7-8 of those settings to create an easy, 2 minute trip to Ta'Illistim.

There are a lot of items out there I'd pay 9 figures for. Of course, seeing as to how Edaarin now has a stunning bank account of 0, it'll be at least a year before I can get back to that level, heh.

Speaker
03-10-2004, 04:58 PM
What Edaarin said. If you set it up right, it could be used for quick cross realms travel, but it's not cross realms in itself.

-Speaker

Kia
03-10-2004, 05:13 PM
You need to trade it for a Celeri ring! :P

KIA.

Ardwen
03-10-2004, 06:29 PM
Theres alot of items I would spend 125m on, of course I have spent it on alot of items too. Its all relative of course, I own probably a deozen weapons that would sell for at or near that benchmark, the lochaber isnt even the best one. My dag is, course I made the mistake of letting the wife use it once. snicker.

On average items that do unduplicatable things are the ones that sell for the largest sums of money. Be it this ring, Thal's Eye, Seymore the Demon, my Darkstone Key or amazing weapons like Speaker's elemental bow.

Ardwen