PDA

View Full Version : Tonis Boots

Inspire
11-02-2009, 12:33 AM
I'm not sure how I managed to be so fortunate, but I won a pair of the tonis boots. In an effort to bring the boots together with the gloves, I am putting my boots up for sale. (I'm probably the only one willing to sell their portion of the set as well.)

SOLD.

AIM: GS4 Kizun
EMail: SylvanCode@gmail.com

Androidpk
11-02-2009, 12:48 AM
but I'm hoping to buy some hookers and blow with the proceeds of this sale.

This would have sounded so much cooler. :D

Widgets
11-02-2009, 01:27 AM
but I'm hoping to buy something to please my wife with the proceeds of this sale.

Sorry to hear that, it happens to alot of males. Don't be embarassed.

Summertime
11-02-2009, 01:45 AM
... but I'm hoping to buy something to please my wife with the proceeds of this sale...

Ah yes.. the nice thing about hope in a marriage is that it squishes SO nicely. I see she's properly trained you as well...

Inspire
11-02-2009, 03:37 AM
Sorry to hear that, it happens to alot of males. Don't be embarassed.

Grrrrr, I set myself up for that one didn't I.

Asha
11-02-2009, 04:30 AM
What is the damned DEAL with these boots?

Senglent
11-02-2009, 04:59 AM
the deal? nothing really they cast haste once an hour, and do the wind witch squall of air on occasion when you get swung at.

Are they some of the nicest shit auctioned in the last years? Damn right but I think the Value set to them is beyond, then again everyone knows by now I am a cheap ass and I stopped bidding on things even though I had plenty of silvers to keep going cause to me it wasn't worth what the item was at.

Not everyone is me or views things my way, wich is great if your trying to turn a silver or two!

So in a "fair market" view Kizun will get what he wants or SirKris will. Both are reasonable to most players. and those are some damn nice items for this game.

Asha
11-02-2009, 07:52 AM
Oh ok. Thanks a lot for the info.
Lol at 200m, then.

TheThirdEye
11-02-2009, 08:42 AM
... I'm hoping to buy something to please my wife with the proceeds of this sale.

You know it's all downhill from here if the only thing that will please your wife is something you have to purchase.

Maybe you could purchase something that will please you both! (https://www.trojanvibratingring.com/) :smug:

LordBacl
11-02-2009, 10:03 AM
I'm hoping to buy something to please my wife with the proceeds of this sale.

The best gift I could get for my wife would be quitting Gemstone.

I tried, and tried, and tried to get her to play. One day, she agreed! She rolled up a character and was off for a sprite-tutorial adventure in the Landing. Within five minutes, two people used the ACT command to pee on her.

And that's the last she's played!

Celephais
11-02-2009, 10:06 AM
Within five minutes, two people used the ACT command to pee on her.
Oh, well there is your problem, you had her start in plat, if you had had her start in prime she'd still be playing and wouldn't have interacted with anyone.

GS4-Brimzstone
11-02-2009, 10:07 AM

This is why you never start in the landing ... Rivers Rest is the way to go ...

Inspire
11-02-2009, 11:21 AM
Oh ok. Thanks a lot for the info.
Lol at 200m, then.

Lrn2Read

I have set the buyout at 200 million, please note the word buyout.

You do understand what the word BUYOUT means right? Or was that a little streak of jealousy shining through. Awww, how cute.

Quick Ma, take a picture, I want to remember that face.

Archigeek
11-02-2009, 11:26 AM
I think 200m is about what he can get for the boots.

droit
11-02-2009, 11:46 AM
They're a little better than you made them out to be. For one, the 1/hr haste effect reduces RT by 5 seconds, which is better than non-native casters can expect in most combat situations. Second, a 5% chance to avoid an attack outright is the same as training a full 1x in dodge, and the gloves and boots together give the same chance as 2x dodge. That's a fuckload of TPs. Third, the boots also give +20 dodge ranks, which increases DS and bumps your dodge rate another 1%.

I'm not saying they're necessarily worth 200m, but I figured you might as well know wtf you're talking about.

Asha
11-02-2009, 12:15 PM
I completely understand what 'BUYOUT' means. I wasn't lolling at that. I was laughing at the amount of silver.
Trust me with all my heart I do not envy someone with anything from GS. If you think the game means that much to me I assume it must do to you and I'm glad it makes you happy.
I also do not envy being under the thumb like someone's little bitch either.

Archigeek
11-02-2009, 12:24 PM
They're a little better than you made them out to be. For one, the 1/hr haste effect reduces RT by 5 seconds, which is better than non-native casters can expect in most combat situations. Second, a 5% chance to avoid an attack outright is the same as training a full 1x in dodge, and the gloves and boots together give the same chance as 2x dodge. That's a fuckload of TPs. Third, the boots also give +20 dodge ranks, which increases DS and bumps your dodge rate another 1%.

I'm not saying they're necessarily worth 200m, but I figured you might as well know wtf you're talking about.

Some yes, and some no. I don't think it can quite be called the equivelent of an extra 1x in dodge. A better comparison would be that aspect of it is equivelent to 1 rank of parry mastery or block mastery. But the squal on the other hand does more than just make you miss. As Nuadja posted, it puts you into the haste mode, not just dodging the attack. To me, that's the real value right there. Once an hour haste plus a rank of parry mastery isn't worth that much to me, but super-haste for 15 seconds once every 20 incoming attacks? That's pretty amazing. Especially if you're of a profession that frankly gets attacked a lot. A pure wouldn't see nearly as much benefit, but a square who stands there and goes "ouch" a lot, is going to make maximum benefit.

4a6c1
11-02-2009, 12:35 PM
Cool boots. :)

Cephalopod
11-02-2009, 01:19 PM
http://flipcups.com/store/secure/images/products/71_large.jpg

4a6c1
11-02-2009, 01:25 PM
that is totally what i ment

SirKris
11-02-2009, 02:04 PM
But the squal on the other hand does more than just make you miss. As Nuadja posted, it puts you into the haste mode, not just dodging the attack. To me, that's the real value right there. Once an hour haste plus a rank of parry mastery isn't worth that much to me, but super-haste for 15 seconds once every 20 incoming attacks? That's pretty amazing.

From the way I understand it (and I dont have the boots so I can't confirm), the squal from the boots alone only hastens to the tune of an instant dodge effect. But if your right, the haste mode for that is a minor haste mode. Naudja showed me a clip of his rt improving on his RT on an attack (-2 rt), but I was unclear if it was from him wearing the gauntlets as well or if it was from the boots squal by themselves. I believe the major haste effect (-5) rt is the once per hour ability of the boots. It'd be nice to have this bit of information cleared up for sure though.

Also, the boots arent quite worth 200m to me, and even if they were...I cannot afford that or would probably try to use that to buy something else at this point. If someone does buy them for 200m, I'll probably never get the set unless they drop their price. However, having the guantlets with it will basically make the boots abilities happen twice as frequently, give you the call wind ability of the gloves, and the a chance for 1 instant haste attack. So expect my asking price (in trades/silvers only very at least 1 very nice GS item) to be about the same of the boots.

I honestly didnt envision myself paying more than 150m for the set, but because If I got the set together I wouldn't be looking to ever turn a profit or sell, I'd slightly over pay...but not to the tune of 200m for the boots alone.

Hopefully me and Kizun can work something out. I might let him borrow the Tonis gloves, their quite enhanced for specifically pleasuring and their occassianl fast fingered ability will drive any women nuts ;p. Err, did I just got there? ;p

Widgets
11-02-2009, 02:35 PM
From the way I understand it (and I dont have the boots so I can't confirm), the squal from the boots alone only hastens to the tune of an instant dodge effect. But if your right, the haste mode for that is a minor haste mode. Naudja showed me a clip of his rt improving on his RT on an attack (-2 rt), but I was unclear if it was from him wearing the gauntlets as well or if it was from the boots squal by themselves. I believe the major haste effect (-5) rt is the once per hour ability of the boots. It'd be nice to have this bit of information cleared up for sure though.

Also, the boots arent quite worth 200m to me, and even if they were...I cannot afford that or would probably try to use that to buy something else at this point. If someone does buy them for 200m, I'll probably never get the set unless they drop their price. However, having the guantlets with it will basically make the boots abilities happen twice as frequently, give you the call wind ability of the gloves, and the a chance for 1 instant haste attack. So expect my asking price (in trades/silvers only very at least 1 very nice GS item) to be about the same of the boots.

I honestly didnt envision myself paying more than 150m for the set, but because If I got the set together I wouldn't be looking to ever turn a profit or sell, I'd slightly over pay...but not to the tune of 200m for the boots alone.

Hopefully me and Kizun can work something out. I might let him borrow the Tonis gloves, their quite enhanced for specifically pleasuring and their occassianl fast fingered ability will drive any women nuts ;p. Err, did I just got there? ;p

Razcor

So let's sum this up....You value the SET at 150mil...However are asking for 125m on your gloves...

SirKris
11-02-2009, 03:01 PM
So let's sum this up....You value the SET at 150mil...However are asking for 125m on your gloves...

Before going into the auction, yep, I valued the set for myself at around 150m.

Thats my value though, I almost never sell anything I like for what I value it at. The reason these things are up for offer is because I understand other people may value it more, so they at least have a chance at it to obtain this one of a kind set.

After the auction and from some of the interest we've both recieved, I'd be willing to revalue the set quite for myself to obtain quite a bit higher. If I planned on reselling it, I still wouldnt value it much more than 150m. If I get the set I plan to keep it forever, and thats why with my current offer to Kizun makes the set worth in excess of 200m.

200m for the boots alone though? Im not willing to pay that at all. If someone else is, more power to them...they are probably much richer than I am both in game and out, or already have a nice collection of items with not much else to spend silvers on. If they want to unite the set from me, it will also cost them a pretty penny, because I do really want the set myself (or I could be stubborn and say these will be never for sale in hopes of obtaining the boots oneday, but I'd like to see the sets united too). But like I said, at this time in the game for ME, I'm not going to break myself or trade off too much of my nice items to obtain it.

AestheticLife
11-02-2009, 04:08 PM
Before going into the auction, yep, I valued the set for myself at around 150m.

Thats my value though, I almost never sell anything I like for what I value it at. The reason these things are up for offer is because I understand other people may value it more, so they at least have a chance at it to obtain this one of a kind set.

After the auction and from some of the interest we've both recieved, I'd be willing to revalue the set quite for myself to obtain quite a bit higher. If I planned on reselling it, I still wouldnt value it much more than 150m. If I get the set I plan to keep it forever, and thats why with my current offer to Kizun makes the set worth in excess of 200m.

200m for the boots alone though? Im not willing to pay that at all. If someone else is, more power to them...they are probably much richer than I am both in game and out, or already have a nice collection of items with not much else to spend silvers on. If they want to unite the set from me, it will also cost them a pretty penny, because I do really want the set myself (or I could be stubborn and say these will be never for sale in hopes of obtaining the boots oneday, but I'd like to see the sets united too). But like I said, at this time in the game for ME, I'm not going to break myself or trade off too much of my nice items to obtain it.

Razcor

The only reason you are not being straight up flamed for the stupidity you've displayed, is because you have what they - a majority of the active players posting here - want.

Stop being a long-winded dick, and start doing something constructive.

SirKris
11-02-2009, 04:23 PM
The only reason you are not being straight up flamed for the stupidity you've displayed, is because you have what they - a majority of the active players posting here - want.

Stop being a long-winded dick, and start doing something constructive.

Look, I've done nothing but show everyone respect that I've been dealing with, regardless of if I felt low balled or not. If its going to cause that much grief and hard feelings amoung the playerbase, I could make my potential trades private or to friends only.

I really wanna know, what makes you think im being a dick? I do love the 3 items I won, and thought I'd being doing the GS community a service by allowing them to potentially obtain a one of a kind item in exchange for another.

If people are looking for a great deal or to under trade with me, I'd prefer not to trade and keep these items for myself, thats all I wanted to make plainly obvious. I have never been able to obtain great items like these for silvers only either, so if that upsets some that Im being very difficult...I'm truely sorry, but I'd like to have some fun and interesting items in GS too.

If your offended that I sell something for more than I value it? I could really care less. I'd rather keep it than to part with it for what I would pay for it. Is that hard to understand?

Also, people can flame all I want and give me all the negative rep, I really dont care, it doesnt hurt my feelings and I'd still be open to trade with anyone willing.

BriarFox
11-02-2009, 04:48 PM
I don't understand how the gloves are supposed to be worth the same price as the boots.

Regardless, Razcor loaned me the gloves for a few last night and I tried out the set. I didn't find any "special" ability for having them united other than the increased dodge/haste activations (10% rather than 5%).

To clarify, when you dodge with the boots, they grant 15 seconds (I didn't time it exactly, but that seems right) of regular haste (not the 1x/hr super haste). That part is freaking amazing. I can fire 15 arrows in that time frame. What that also means is that when you're really getting pounded in a swarm, your chance of dodging and getting hasted is pretty high.

Boots:
5% chance to dodge, which grants 15 seconds of regular haste
20 ranks of dodging (13 DS for me at 1x)
1x/hr Haste II or the equivalent (5 seconds of RT to 1 second)
Fun scripts

Gloves:
5% chance for regular haste on next attack
20 ranks of pickpocketing
1x/hr Call Wind
Fun scripts

When united, the 5%s go to 10%.

The gloves are useful, but their best feature in my mind is that they increase the utility of the boots.

----------------

Log of the boots and gloves going off sequentially (though the gloves' going off was a bit irrelevant - I would have had the 1-second haste anyway):

As a rolton moves to strike at you, a swirling whirlwind bursts into life around your form. Time seems to slow to a crawl as the turbulent winds guide your movements, allowing you to avoid the assault!
>att rolt
You swing a closed fist at a rolton!
AS: +82 vs DS: +35 with AvD: +25 + d100 roll: +29 = +101
... and hit for 1 point of damage!
Glancing blow to the rolton's left leg!
Roundtime: 3 sec.
Roundtime changed to 1 second.
R>att rolt
A forceful squall suddenly shoots through your pale blue gauntlets, drawing your hand along its intended path!
You swing a closed fist at a rolton!
AS: +82 vs DS: +35 with AvD: +25 + d100 roll: +74 = +146
... and hit for 8 points of damage!
Jarring blow to the rolton's back.
The rolton collapses to the ground, emits a final bleat, and dies.
Roundtime: 3 sec.
Roundtime changed to 1 second.

I can post more logs of the boots and such if anyone's interested. I'm looking to acquire a set of the gloves, but while I want to do it, I don't want it desperately enough to pay an insane price. The boots are very effective on their own. I made several different offers on the gloves last night, but I felt like I was playing "Guess what I want."

Archigeek
11-02-2009, 04:55 PM
See, now that's why the boots are worth 200 million. Gloves are nice, but I think TBF has it about right: the best feature of the gloves is that they enhance the boots.

I would want to double check: is it ranks or bonus they add? Ranks would be crazy, and probably cost even more than the king's ransom I was expecting them to cost to recharge if it were bonus...

BriarFox
11-02-2009, 04:57 PM
See, now that's why the boots are worth 200 million. Gloves are nice, but I think TBF has it about right: the best feature of the gloves is that they enhance the boots.

I would want to double check: is it ranks or bonus they add? Ranks would be crazy, and probably cost even more than the king's ransom I was expecting them to cost to recharge if it were bonus...

Edit: Ranks. Speak of the devil: Duane takes your boots and peers at it through a large green crystal lens. He hands it back, saying, "I can charge this up a bit. It'll cost 567000 of your bounty points, though."

Frankly, I'm probably just going to let the Dodging ranks die. I can buy a 2x DB if I really want one.

BriarFox
11-02-2009, 05:03 PM
Edited that last post a lot. Read it again if you want an update.

crb
11-02-2009, 05:04 PM
Edit: Speak of the devil: Duane takes your boots and peers at it through a large green crystal lens. He hands it back, saying, "I can charge this up a bit. It'll cost 567000 of your bounty points, though."

Frankly, I'm probably just going to let the Dodging ranks die. I can buy a 2x DB if I really want one.

And, actually - it looks like it's 10 RANKS for the untrained in dodging, and 20 BONUS for the trained. My wizard gets 50 bonus/ 10 ranks, but Nuadjha gets 20 bonus / 20 ranks.

I knew it was going to be high.... but wtmf.

droit
11-02-2009, 05:07 PM
First of all, LOL @ the recharge price.

And, actually - it looks like it's 10 RANKS for the untrained in dodging, and 20 BONUS for the trained. My wizard gets 50 bonus/ 10 ranks, but Nuadjha gets 20 bonus / 20 ranks.

Your wizard only gets +10 ranks out of the +20 because at 10 ranks, he hits the +50 bonus enhancive cap.

Danical
11-02-2009, 05:08 PM

/agree

That's just absurd; they might as well not enhance anything with that much of a price tag.

Danical
11-02-2009, 05:09 PM
I'm starting to wonder if the "special ability" for bringing both boots and gloves together is simply just the increased activation.

BriarFox
11-02-2009, 05:09 PM

Just posted on the officials asking if they'd reconsider that cost. I will never recharge them at that rate. It's the equivalent of 16m+ per charge.

BriarFox
11-02-2009, 05:10 PM
First of all, LOL @ the recharge price.

Your wizard only gets +10 ranks out of the +20 because at 10 ranks, he hits the +50 bonus enhancive cap.

Oh, duh.

Archigeek
11-02-2009, 05:12 PM
Yeah that's a crazy harsh number. I think the formula for recharging needs to be re-thought in general. I understand the need for high costs for high end items, but 16 million to recharge is nuts. That's not even FULLY recharging. One charge I would presume. And on an item like that, just changing to bonus instead of ranks would alone make a huge difference. It would still cost a lot, but might get them into reasonable territory.

BriarFox
11-02-2009, 05:28 PM
Yeah that's a crazy harsh number. I think the formula for recharging needs to be re-thought in general. I understand the need for high costs for high end items, but 16 million to recharge is nuts. That's not even FULLY recharging. One charge I would presume. And on an item like that, just changing to bonus instead of ranks would alone make a huge difference. It would still cost a lot, but might get them into reasonable territory.

I posted a couple of times in the EG folder. It doesn't make sense this way. Few pures will likely have any dodging, and so they'll cap out at 10 ranks/50 bonus, which just means that having it as ranks is silly and helps no one.

SirKris
11-02-2009, 05:54 PM
I don't understand how the gloves are supposed to be worth the same price as the boots.

To clarify, when you dodge with the boots, they grant 15 seconds (I didn't time it exactly, but that seems right) of regular haste (not the 1x/hr super haste). That part is freaking amazing.

Ah, yeah now that I know it will give you 15 seconds of regular haste I agree with you, it should be more valuable than the boots. For me, I was never interested in the enhancives so I could care less about that part or including it in overall value. What I was interested in was the 10% evasion rates mainly and the style factor. Given the boots alone will give 15 seconds of haste, if I don't obtain them myself, the going rate will always be -30% less of what the boots are, and will still deal with trades only.

This still might not be worth it to some, but again, I dont intend to less this go for a great bargain as I will always be trying to aquire the set as long as I own the gauntlets, again unless Im offered a nice item I can use.

Oh, and I posted the items I wanted in my thread, Briarfox. Thanks for posting that info too.

kookiegod
11-02-2009, 06:54 PM
You hear a stone fall into a vast, endless well...

About the sound of the price crash on the boots and gloves at that cost to recharge.

~Paul

septus
11-02-2009, 06:55 PM

About the sound of the price crash on the boots and gloves at that cost to recharge.

~Paul

I'd bet that that's the reason it adds ranks and not bonus, to jack up the price to the point of being unrechargable.

Anyone know how much it costs to charge the gloves? (Not that I can see anyone caring enough to)

BriarFox
11-02-2009, 07:02 PM

~Paul

Fortunately, I personally don't really care much about the dodging. I'm just going to wear the boots until it runs out and then forget about it.

droit
11-02-2009, 07:06 PM
Yeah, the dodge and pickpocket bonuses are almost irrelevant.

Edit: LOL if they're crumbly!

Danical
11-02-2009, 07:07 PM
Fortunately, I personally don't really care much about the dodging. I'm just going to wear the boots until it runs out and then forget about it.

^^^

Maybe it's my general take on enhancives, but I think the dodging and PL ranks were purely icing; they never factored into how much I would pay for them.

kookiegod
11-02-2009, 07:11 PM

Oh. I agree, though I wanted em mostly for the dodge for my rogue. 3x dodge + 20 been fun.

I'm really glad you got em cause you wanted em. :)

~Paul

BriarFox
11-02-2009, 07:13 PM
Oh. I agree, though I wanted em mostly for the dodge for my rogue. 3x dodge + 20 been fun.

I'm really glad you got em cause you wanted em. :)

~Paul

Thanks. :) Now for the gloves!

Inspire
11-02-2009, 07:51 PM
Sold.

BriarFox
11-02-2009, 07:52 PM
Looks like someone just got a set.

Danical
11-02-2009, 07:55 PM
/raging boner.