PDA

View Full Version : Favorite sandwich EVAR

Ravenstorm
03-10-2004, 11:25 PM
Ok, my turn to make fluff topic though I blame Bob cause now I'm hungry for a sandwich and don't have what I want. And what I /really/ want, is one of these three:

Tongue on rye with mustard
Corned beef on rye with mustard
Pastrami on rye with mustard

I'll take one of each, thank you. The caveats being that it must be real NY Jewish rye and real kosher tongue/corned beef/pastrami. Yum. And so hard to find since you can only really get those in a superb kosher deli.

So what's your favorite(s) sandwich?

Raven

edited to add:

Lox and cream cheese on a bagel is a very close runner up. Damn, I'm hungry.

[Edited on 3-11-2004 by Ravenstorm]

Xcalibur
03-10-2004, 11:33 PM
3 slices of bread

Toasted or not, not important

on one: peanut butter

on one, caramel on BOTH SIDE

On the last, bananas

For the sugar tasty when needed:)

Edaarin
03-10-2004, 11:35 PM
Tongue...? What in the hell...?

Hmm. Lately I've taken a liking to chicken cordon bleu sandwiches. I've been ordering out a lot this semester, chicken parmigiana sandwiches are high on my priority list. And of course meatball subs from Little John's are a must.

Stunseed
03-10-2004, 11:38 PM
The Bomber Chicken Philly. Provolone and American with grilled chicken breast with peppers and onions. Little bit of salt and pepper, and I'm set. :tumble:

Ravenstorm
03-10-2004, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Edaarin
Tongue...? What in the hell...?

Smoked beef tongue.

Raven

Shari
03-11-2004, 02:04 AM
WTF!?! Tongue!?!

Is it like a NY deli thing that people should eat foul nasty things such as that, sauerkraut, and liver? <tries to keep from vomiting>

Mint
03-11-2004, 02:37 AM
Turkey sandwiches are the best but BLT's come in a close second.

Myshel
03-11-2004, 08:17 AM
I have a restaurant and the biggest sellers are

Cheeseburger all the way
BLT on white toast w/mayo
Tuna Salad on Whole Wheat
Grilled Cheese

longshot
03-11-2004, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Jesae
WTF!?! Tongue!?!

Is it like a NY deli thing that people should eat foul nasty things such as that, sauerkraut, and liver? <tries to keep from vomiting>

I can't begin to tell you how much you sound like one of those "barbie" chicks that you always rip on...

Tongue is good.

I would kill for a deli sandwich. I think I'm out of here in August...

Caiylania
03-11-2004, 09:13 AM
Grilled cheese

or

banana and peanut butter :D

ThisOtherKingdom
03-11-2004, 09:19 AM
I don't eat meat anymore, but previously the sandwitches I ate were turkey with shredded cheese (provolone, mozzarella) and mayo.

Now I'd eat a banana and peanut butter sandwich on wheat bread. I used to have those made for me when I was in grade school. Elvis rules. :thumbsup: