PDA

View Full Version : Warcamps with Sunfist

oneillseanm
11-01-2009, 02:31 AM
Are they sweet? I've never joined Sunfist and don't know what warcamps are like. They seem like a fun challenge that doesn't exist anywhere else in the game. Is that the case?

Coin
11-01-2009, 02:33 AM
I can tell you first hand. Warcamps are one of the coolest things in Gemstone.

Coin
11-01-2009, 02:34 AM
But take a risk, throw someone in thats 5 levels above you. And make sure you have a group of 6 or more.

Androidpk
11-01-2009, 11:23 AM
Or take on one by yourself.

Methais
11-01-2009, 11:47 AM
Warcamps are a blast. Plus you can hunt in any town at any level you want.

Drunken Durfin
11-01-2009, 01:35 PM
No warcamps in Zul Logoth though, right?

droit
11-01-2009, 02:01 PM
No, none.

Drunken Durfin
11-01-2009, 02:15 PM
Shame. Logoth is a neat place, just crappy hunting.

oneillseanm
11-01-2009, 11:22 PM
Thanks for the input, everyone. I'm happy to hear it. The warcamps sound like a lot of fun. I've got a new wizard - a class that I would think would be able to solo warcamps farily well, though he's a sword swinger - and am currently debating between CoL and GoS. I'm still undecided, but... oh heck, I still don't know. I would go with GoS for the warcamps if I thought the character would still be viable without the +AS/+DS and wracking.

Methais
11-02-2009, 02:04 PM
Thanks for the input, everyone. I'm happy to hear it. The warcamps sound like a lot of fun. I've got a new wizard - a class that I would think would be able to solo warcamps farily well, though he's a sword swinger - and am currently debating between CoL and GoS. I'm still undecided, but... oh heck, I still don't know. I would go with GoS for the warcamps if I thought the character would still be viable without the +AS/+DS and wracking.

GoS has a mana sigil (restores I think 50 mana for 25 stamina, or vice versa I don't remember). Not as useful as CoL's, but still comes in handy.

A couple other things you'll wanna know about warcamps....

- AoE spells will eventually cause a backlash that can stun you and incapacitate you in other ways. You'll get warning messages about ripple effects when you cast your AoE spells. They only effect your room and I think the adjacent rooms, and it goes away after a little bit. The closer you are to the warcamp entrance, the faster the backlash will build up.

- When you die, just sit tight for a little bit. After the Grimswarm are done eating your corpse, they'll kick you out of the warcamp.

- After every 20 kills or so, some loot will spawn in the chest all the way to the east of the camp and in the hut. You can open it either via a key that drops off Grimswarm, or you can pick or pop it. It's usually trapped too, so spam some 408 first too. You'll have to SEARCH the chest once it's open to get loot, and it can take more than one try sometimes, so put haste and 402 up to speed the process up.

That's about it I think.

Alorn15
11-04-2009, 08:46 AM
My advice - allow yourself a learning curve. I died a lot at first, but the sense of reward I got once I knew how to handle myself in a camp was worth it.