PDA

View Full Version : Kinda Rude for Customer Service IMO (Sirina)

Aphyd
10-31-2009, 10:10 AM
So here's the backstory. I got an ASG Conversion Certificate in Plat, for the whole purpose of converting my crit padded armor into robes when monks came out. The only reason I bid on it was the fact that they stated that it could convert Plate to Robes, etc...and the fact that, unlike other certificates, this one didn't have a timer listed on it.

Well I was talking to another GM and they told me just to be safe, that I had better e-mail Sirina and make sure it didn't have a timer...so I did...here's how the conversation went down.

__________________________________________________ ______________
Hunter Davis
to GS4-Sirina

Hey, sorry I missed you earlier, forgot I still had an assist open.

This is Raidek from Plat...I was just going to ask you, I won the ASG certificate, and it said you are the primary contact. All the other certificates state that there is a time limit on them, but my ASG Changing Certificate does not.

In the Common language, it reads:

This certificate authorizes the bearer to receive services from the merchant Vagrand on the grounds of Velathae, or the merchant Gostika beyond the walls of the village. Either shall be willing to redeem it and can completely rebuild a piece of armor into another class while preserving all of its other capabilities, less its given encumbrance, intact. (GM Contact: Sirina)

Can i hang on to this until I find some armor to use it on? I didn't want to misread something and end up losing the certificate.

Thanks!
Hunter

GM Sirina
to me

It should definitely be used in a reasonable period of time. I don't want this floating around like someone's "big job ticket" from 1992. Do you know how long you expect it to take to find armor?

~Sirina
- Show quoted text -

Hunter Davis
to GM

Haha, well I was going to try to hold on to it until I hear more about monks, and possibly have a set of robes converted. That was the whole reason I went after it was so I'd have a decent option for monk conversion one day :)

As soon as I get an update on monks, I should have a good timeframe.

GM Sirina
to me

show details 11:21 AM (21 hours ago)

And to answer your forum question, it really depends on what you want to have done with it as far as how "crazy" we'll be going. It's regrettable that the auctioneers gave inaccurate information, and I'll try to honor them as much as I can, but before you spend a lot buying armor to get this service on, you should probably run it by me and let me know what you have in mind.

~Sirina
- Show quoted text -

Hunter Davis
to GM

show details 11:25 AM (21 hours ago)

ok, well I just hope it's not going to be limited to just plain enchanted armor...i pretty much bowed out early in the auction for the certificate based on advertisements :P
i wasn't thinking anything too crazy, probably just 8x Crit padded, Spiked, Enhancing, Zelnorn Full Plate altered into robes.

O=)

GM Sirina
to me

show details 11:34 AM (21 hours ago)

In that case, I think we need to just set a hard time frame on it, since I'm not going to be giving you inside information on monks.

It needs to be redeemed by November 30.

~Sirina
- Show quoted text -

Hunter Davis
to GM

Aww i was just kidding...no fair! Just give me time :(

Can we meet in the middle and say December 31st?

That should give me time....people in Plat don't tend to want to sell stuff right after a festival :/

GM Sirina
to me

show details 12:18 PM (20 hours ago)

December 20 would be better. I can pretty much guarantee I won't have time to meet with you during the Christmas/New Year's period.

Sorry if I'm abrupt, but as I said earlier when I tried to answer your assist, I am working and am only sidelining to GemStone emails because I'm trying to accommodate you as quickly as possible. So if you have serious questions, by all means, ask, but going back and forth over a joke is a waste of time that I should be devoting to my employer, so if it's not going to be serious, I'll wait until I'm not working to deal with it.

~Sirina
- Show quoted text -
Hunter Davis
to GM

show details 12:32 PM (20 hours ago)

Well, it wasn't exactly a Joke...I wasn't requesting monk info from you..heh. The reason I got the certificate really was in anticipation of holding onto it until monks are on the way, so I could convert my armor to robes.

Then it seemed like you took it rather personally, so I backed out of that mode of conversation and changed direction.

I wasn't trying to be a wise-cracker about the monk thing, I was being serious about that being what I got the certificate for..
- Show quoted text -

Androidpk
10-31-2009, 10:15 AM
Doesn't seem like she was rude.

ElvenFury
10-31-2009, 10:17 AM
I think pain in the ass people like you are a big part of why these awesome services are so rare.

Aphyd
10-31-2009, 10:23 AM
Pain in the ass people like me?

The certificate didn't have a timer, and was mis-described by the auctioneers.

And I was told to ask her by another GM

I took myself out of the auction early buying this thing for the sole purpose of monk conversion one day, I don't think i'm being a "pain in the ass" by making sure i'm going to get my money's worth.

And yes, I feel like she was rude about the whole "i'm not giving you any inside info on monks", and just for mentioning monks i'm setting a deadline at November 30th. I never requested info on monks...I just told her what I got the certificate for.

People are saying "Well didn't you think it'd strike a nerve with her to bring up monks to her?"

Hell at least I didn't say "Well this wouldn't be an issue if monks had come out 5 fucking years ago like promised"

Skeeter
10-31-2009, 10:24 AM
That wasnt rude. If I had to deal with your bullshit you would see new levels of rude.

Aphyd
10-31-2009, 10:26 AM
*sits back with popcorn and waits for the Plat bashing to start*

Skeeter
10-31-2009, 10:29 AM
It's not a plat thing, it's a wasting someone's time making them fish answers out of you thing.

You may have unlimited free time but most people do not. Here's a tip for the future, specifically spell out what you want and move on. Do not try to make cutesy conversation in an email. When you have a million things to do and half the time to do them in it's irritating to deal with that bullshit.

ElvenFury
10-31-2009, 10:30 AM
No way, plat's awesome; it keeps so many whiny prima donas out of prime.

Just get your fucking service done and let her move to other projects.

CrystalTears
10-31-2009, 10:30 AM
I don't see her being rude at all. You're holding out for monks and for expensive armor to use it on. It's a rare item and I can't blame them for not wanting to see you hang onto it for years for that awesome piece of armor. I think she was very cordial with you, in fact.

Aphyd
10-31-2009, 10:32 AM
Well, i'll agree with you that my zelnorn armor thing wasn't necessary...But all the same, my initial question was straight forward...and despite what you say, I don't feel explaining my reasoning behind my inquiry (anticipation of monk conversion), is unnecessary.

It was when she took offense to me bringing up monks at all, and spat out a November 30th date...that sent me backtracking.

The "I was just joking" line was a poor way of me saying "oh shit what the hell just happened".

Stretch
10-31-2009, 10:32 AM
What the hell were those Big Job Tickets, anyway?

BriarFox
10-31-2009, 10:37 AM
What the hell were those Big Job Tickets, anyway?

Tickets for altering sessions. Got passed around a lot. Pain in the ass for GMs.

As for the Sirina convo, you went wrong when you started getting squirrelly and wouldn't give her the info she wanted. She saw you as wasting her time, which you were, and set the Nov 30 date. She was nice to move it back to Dec 20.

Aphyd
10-31-2009, 10:37 AM
I don't see her being rude at all. You're holding out for monks and for expensive armor to use it on. It's a rare item and I can't blame them for not wanting to see you hang onto it for years for that awesome piece of armor. I think she was very cordial with you, in fact.

I have armor to use it on...I just don't want to convert the armor i'm wearing right now to robes..considering i'm a warrior. I'm aware I asked her to hold onto it until I found armor to use it on...mis-quote on my part

And those who know me in Plat...i'm pretty much one of the most laid back people when it comes to shit like this...I hardly ever complain. Forgive me for wanting to make sure the money I spent on my ticket for EG didn't go to waste.

phantasm
10-31-2009, 10:38 AM
I don't see Sirina being rude or demonstrating bad customer service in that log.

I do see a player trying to cause grief for a GM.

Euler
10-31-2009, 10:39 AM
i'm pretty much one of the most laid back people when it comes to shit like this...I hardly ever complain.

hee hee

Aphyd
10-31-2009, 10:40 AM
As for the Sirina convo, you went wrong when started getting squirrelly and wouldn't give her the info she wanted.

Honestly, I wasn't trying to be squirrely. I bought the ticket under the pretense that it didn't expire, and was told later that it probably had a time limit, to check with her.

As I stated, I bought it to use when monks came out. I didn't really know how else to give her a time frame she asked for other than to say "when monks come out"

Aphyd
10-31-2009, 10:41 AM
hee hee

Foiled again :(

Euler
10-31-2009, 10:43 AM
I get what you are saying. the thing is, bitches be shopping

grenthor
10-31-2009, 10:44 AM
I didn't see her taking offense to anything or being rude.

BriarFox
10-31-2009, 10:46 AM
Honestly, I wasn't trying to be squirrely. I bought the ticket under the pretense that it didn't expire, and was told later that it probably had a time limit, to check with her.

As I stated, I bought it to use when monks came out. I didn't really know how else to give her a time frame she asked for other than to say "when monks come out"

Yah. The change to the AsG tickets was ridiculous, and caused problems.

Khariz
10-31-2009, 10:48 AM
I'm going to jump on the bandwagon:

She wasn't rude. You are the one being unreasonable.

Aphyd
10-31-2009, 10:59 AM
Maybe i'm just looking at things through a different perspective I spose. I was the one that spent the money and the auction win on the free for all coupon that had rules attached later.

It wasn't really meant to be a thread by me slamming Sirina, I actually have liked her decently enough in my past experiences...I'm just slightly miffed at how the whole AsG certificate nonsense went down.

Belnia
10-31-2009, 11:02 AM
Look on the bright side, at least you have an ASG certificate and not a box that creates a piece of cake 6 times a day, right?

Aphyd
10-31-2009, 11:05 AM
Hehe, that's the truth.

Well actually, I just found someone who has armor that they want to convert now, so I'm making a trade with them...so I guess it works out for the best of everyone :P

I'm just pissed I sold my 6x crit padded robes when I got the ASG certificate. *snap*

nub
10-31-2009, 11:09 AM
I think she was being rude, and what you were asking was exactly what the other GM asked you to do. You were explaining of why you were waiting and why you got the ticket. You paid real $$ for it so you should get what you want.

Methais
10-31-2009, 11:16 AM
Guess I'm the odd man out, but Sirina seemed a little bitchy from the start, with her big job ticket rant (zomg I've been playing GS since 1992 and I r not amused!!!!11).

She also seemed like she got offended at him saying "As soon as I get an update on monks, I should have a good timeframe.", as if he were demanding her to cough up some info and that she owed it to him or something. That, or she was very subtly saying monks should be out between November 30 and December 20th, which I doubt.

I don't see what's so bad about assuming a GM can have a sense of humor either.

If the EG auctioneer didn't give out inaccurate information, this wouldn't have been a problem to begin with, and Sirina's precious time wouldn't have to be wasted clarifying what the GM doing the auction failed to clarify.

I don't think the conversation was really bad on either end, but I don't see how he's being a pain in the ass except possibly the 8x spiked padded whatever part, but even then...so what?

YOU APOLOGIZE FOR TRYING TO HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR RIGHT NOW MISTER!!!!1

Sean of the Thread
10-31-2009, 11:17 AM
I don't think either of you were out of line. Pretty straight forward conversation.

*That and you were talking with a hamster bot so w t f?

Aphyd
10-31-2009, 11:26 AM
YOU APOLOGIZE FOR TRYING TO HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR RIGHT NOW MISTER!!!!1

So Sorry :'o

By the way, can I just say..when I saw that Holy Shit BUTTONS! pic in your sig...and then read "warlock"....I busted out laughing.

CrystalTears
10-31-2009, 01:17 PM
It wasn't really meant to be a thread by me slamming Sirina, I actually have liked her decently enough in my past experiences...I'm just slightly miffed at how the whole AsG certificate nonsense went down.
Then you shouldn't have posted in the Staff and Policy Complaints folder.

Methais
10-31-2009, 01:34 PM
Then you shouldn't have posted in the Staff and Policy Complaints folder.

Where should it have gone then? Gemstone Gems?

CrystalTears
10-31-2009, 01:35 PM
Where should it have gone then? Gemstone Gems?
General Gemstone. :tongue:

Methais
10-31-2009, 01:39 PM
The search function is broken again so I can't find the stupid pictures thread, so you get this here instead:

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/2/1/4/2149c10bfed2905d5a5772b8fbb415b5.jpg

Drew
10-31-2009, 01:42 PM
I would have just not contacted anyone. If you showed up with an ASG ticket next year with no date limit on it they would honour it. You boxed yourself in.

Bobmuhthol
10-31-2009, 02:11 PM
I would have just not contacted anyone. If you showed up with an ASG ticket next year with no date limit on it they would honour it. You boxed yourself in.

Given the track record of GMs doing stupid shit, I disagree. I think there's a pretty solid chance that if he tried to redeem it next year he'd get the same "sorry that you were lied to, but fuck off" attitude and the thread would be about that.

Ultimately, the general response here would be, "Well you should have checked with a GM to make sure it really didn't expire after being told that it didn't, moran."

radamanthys
10-31-2009, 02:34 PM
This:

Sorry if I'm abrupt, but as I said earlier when I tried to answer your assist, I am working and am only sidelining to GemStone emails because I'm trying to accommodate you as quickly as possible. So if you have serious questions, by all means, ask, but going back and forth over a joke is a waste of time that I should be devoting to my employer, so if it's not going to be serious, I'll wait until I'm not working to deal with it.
is the only line that's uncalled for.

She's customer service. It's never ok to be rude to a customer. At least if you want to make money, that is.

Consider if this took place in a brick and mortar. If she was stocking shelves and a customer came up with a question and she responded, "does it look like I have time to deal with you?" would it be any different?

He was trying to show a little levity. No reason to expect that you'd have to put on your serious face for every GM interaction. Especially if they're supposed to be helping you. She was being terse, if not entirely 'rude'. I think it was a bit uncalled for. ESPECIALLY since he was actually making her life easier by clarifying.

Asrial
10-31-2009, 02:49 PM
I get the feeling we're missing pieces of the conversation. Based on what I've seen however, I don't feel she was being rude.

I believe there was a misunderstanding about the monks comment and she thought you were asking for inside information about them before giving her the final word on what you wanted done.

Given that she has a ton of other things to do and probably wants to get this project done NOW, versus years from now, I can see that as a reason to set a hard deadline. Also, sometimes you just need to take that stance with people or else they never make a decision.

As to the quoted comment above this reply...

It's either that response or no response at all, take your pick. She's not there to be your friend or chat buddy, she's there to do GM work on a service you purchased. I understand that we all want to joke around a bit to lighten the mood, but sometimes the people we joke around with don't have the time for it.

I see nothing wrong with this situation. Also, it's been mentioned by one of the more active GM's that monks in robes will be highly viable.

Bobmuhthol
10-31-2009, 03:21 PM
I don't know if I'm misreading Sirina's e-mail, but it seems like she is at not-GemStone work, reading her GemStone e-mails and then getting pissed about it? If this is the case, she shouldn't be getting paid by her employer to handle GemStone shit, and she certainly shouldn't be unhappy about doing it.

Latrinsorm
10-31-2009, 03:40 PM
I got an ASG Conversion Certificate in Plat, for the whole purpose of converting my crit padded armor into robes when monks came out.
Forgive me for wanting to make sure the money I spent on my ticket for EG didn't go to waste.If you actually wanted that, you would convert your armor to robes now (or whenever you purchased it) and get different armor for your warrior. Strike while the iron is hot.
She also seemed like she got offended at him saying "As soon as I get an update on monks, I should have a good timeframe.", as if he were demanding her to cough up some info and that she owed it to him or something.It's a wiseass response. That it is correct does not make it any less of a wiseass response. The lesson is: if someone's going out of their way to help you out, tone the mouth down a little.
If she was stocking shelves and a customer came up with a question and she responded, "does it look like I have time to deal with you?" would it be any different?You'll note that her "uncalled for" response was not her initial response. If someone was stocking shelves and a customer came up with an item whose price sticker was missing and said "oh hey, there's no price on this.. I'll give you a nickel for it! haw haw haw!! ok, I'll give you ten cents! haw haw haw!!! ok, ok, I'll give you a quarter! HAW HAW HAW!!!!!", I think the stockperson would be forgiven for asking them to move along or even outright ignoring them. Customers are (usually) not saints, and do not merit unthinking devotion.

Asrial
10-31-2009, 03:44 PM
I don't know if I'm misreading Sirina's e-mail, but it seems like she is at not-GemStone work, reading her GemStone e-mails and then getting pissed about it?I read it as...

She's doing GS work and is on duty in GS, using e-mail to help assist the OP, but the e-mail conversation needs to stay focused or it ends up wasting her time.

At first, I too thought she meant work work.

Bobmuhthol
10-31-2009, 03:47 PM
If you actually wanted that, you would convert your armor to robes now (or whenever you purchased it) and get different armor for your warrior. Strike while the iron is hot.

This is only true if the release of monks is inevitable and there is easily attainable, comparable armor that he can use for the warrior in the meantime. Neither of those things is necessarily accurate. It's ridiculous to expect him to hold on to useless armor and wait for a profession that is already 4 years late to be released.

ETA: If she's doing work for Simu, her time dealing with the ticket is time devoted to her employer, so she shouldn't give a fuck. People are acting like Sirina is the queen of productivity, and that is simply not the case.

Khariz
10-31-2009, 03:52 PM
You'll note that her "uncalled for" response was not her initial response. If someone was stocking shelves and a customer came up with an item whose price sticker was missing and said "oh hey, there's no price on this.. I'll give you a nickel for it! haw haw haw!! ok, I'll give you ten cents! haw haw haw!!! ok, ok, I'll give you a quarter! HAW HAW HAW!!!!!", I think the stockperson would be forgiven for asking them to move along or even outright ignoring them. Customers are (usually) not saints, and do not merit unthinking devotion.

This.

AestheticDeath
10-31-2009, 04:00 PM
I do not see anything wrong with either persons responses, even though the convo could have gone a lot better.

Basically to me, it is a problem of him not being able to see her POV, and likewise for her. She didn't just spend what is likely a stupid amount of money for a service that might not be honored. He doesn't know what kind of OOG responsibilities are piling up for her.

And it stems from GMs not putting out a notice that says ANY ticket must be honored in a certain time frame. IE one year or something. Ever hear of GMs being happy about old tickets? Why not let everyone know that everything has a time limit even if they forget to put one on the ticket, or purposely leave it off just in case their friend/personal character gets it to use way down the road.

But you kinda screwed the pooch thinking Monks are actually going to become reality in gemstone, and actually paid money to prepare for it. The only reason you shoulda bought the ticket was if you have an awesome second set of armor to use it on, not the primary armor you are already using.

Methais
10-31-2009, 04:02 PM
It's a wiseass response. That it is correct does not make it any less of a wiseass response. The lesson is: if someone's going out of their way to help you out, tone the mouth down a little.

Please explain how "As soon as I get an update on monks, I should have a good timeframe." is being a wiseass.

I interpreted that statement as meaning "It's hard for me to say for sure right now, because I'm doing it for my monk, and I have no idea when monks are going to be released. Once Simu releases more information on the release of monks, I'll have a much better idea of when I'd prefer to get the service done.", especially considering the (non) state of monks for the past 5 years they've been overdue.

Only an idiot would see it as something like, "As soon as you cough up some info on monks, we can get down to business."

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e284/flirtyACCsk8er/youbettarecognizebish.jpg

4a6c1
10-31-2009, 04:03 PM
If I had a nickle for everytime I saw someone go out of their way to fuck with a GM I'd be rich HAW HAW HAW!!!

Latrinsorm
10-31-2009, 04:51 PM
It's ridiculous to expect him to hold on to useless armor and wait for a profession that is already 4 years late to be released.If he was concerned about the profession being delayed indefinitely, he should not have spent his money on the item in the first place.
Please explain how "As soon as I get an update on monks, I should have a good timeframe." is being a wiseass.Aphyd states that he is looking for armor to convert.
Sirina states that the conversion should happen in a reasonable period of time.
Aphyd brings up monks.

In context, the juxtaposition creates a slight against Simu, which also gives the impression that Aphyd is dicking around.

Asrial
10-31-2009, 04:56 PM
If she's doing work for Simu, her time dealing with the ticket is time devoted to her employer, so she shouldn't give a fuck. People are acting like Sirina is the queen of productivity, and that is simply not the case...because most assuredly, right now, she has absolutely nothing going on and can screw around in e-mail conversations.

TheThirdEye
10-31-2009, 04:58 PM
As soon as I get an update on monks, I should have a good timeframe.

Read:
I want personalized updates on a profession that's being developed before I make a decision. In the meantime I will be holding this over your head.

If I was that GM my first thought would have been: Who the fuck does this guy think he is? Wanna timeline shithead how does 30 days sound to you?

Sometimes in customer service you have to be firm with a customer that is trying to game the system for personal gain. Customer's will at times attempt to get inside information or undeserved services by using passive aggressive statements such as the one above.

She wasn't rude, she was firm. She let you know that she wasn't going to get into a haggling contest with you. You may yet be able to salvage this if you respond in a mature manner, apologize for wasting her time and request a later time that might better fit her schedule.

:hammer:

nub
10-31-2009, 06:38 PM
This.

No, not "this", that was just taking it to the extreme, which doesn't win an argument.

He was not being obnoxious by any means, he wanted to know how long he can hold onto it incase monks roll out and wants to just wait to convert.

Maybe he wanted to wait tilll the last allowed day in the case monks are released.

Aphyd
10-31-2009, 07:38 PM
I get the feeling we're missing pieces of the conversation. Based on what I've seen however, I don't feel she was being rude.

I made a point to put every bit of the conversation, if I was going to edit it, I could have left out the stuff that you guys called me out on being a jackass for :P Plus I didn't want Sirina popping in and saying "hey, you left this out (copy/paste)" Then I would have lost all credibility.

I read it as...

She's doing GS work and is on duty in GS, using e-mail to help assist the OP, but the e-mail conversation needs to stay focused or it ends up wasting her time.

At first, I too thought she meant work work.

She told me earlier in an assist (i was afk at the time she responded..had been in queue for 2 days and forgot I was queued) that she was going to her "real job", but would be checking in on GS Emails periodically.

Aphyd
10-31-2009, 07:42 PM
I interpreted that statement as meaning "It's hard for me to say for sure right now, because I'm doing it for my monk, and I have no idea when monks are going to be released. Once Simu releases more information on the release of monks, I'll have a much better idea of when I'd prefer to get the service done.", especially considering the (non) state of monks for the past 5 years they've been overdue.

Only an idiot would see it as something like, "As soon as you cough up some info on monks, we can get down to business."

That is exactly what I meant by that statement. I wasn't trying to interrogate her for information..it was strictly about my certificate, and when i would be ready to use it.

Aphyd
10-31-2009, 07:44 PM
As an update: I got this e-mail today...she was polite..i'm still pretty bummed as how this whole thing was handled though, not really her fault..just misrepresentation by auctioneers, etc.
__________________________________________________ ____________
GM Sirina to Nathan, me, Lisa

Hi guys,

I'm emailing you both together, because it seems from your emails that both of you bought this prize because (a) you thought you could save it indefinitely and (b) you thought you could change plate armor to robes in anticipation of the monk release.

I'm very sorry that things were wildly misrepresented by the auctioneers, but changing plate or other heavy armor to robes is just not feasible, and as you both already know, this prize does have an expiration date - it was originally to be November 30, but I extended it to December 20, because one of you said you needed more time to acquire armor.

At this point, I'm prepared to offer you both one of the following choices as recompense:

1 - You can get a refund of your auction upsell of $10.
2 - You can trade in your certificate and choose any of the "passed" items from the auction. There are about 125 or so to choose from. (Whoever responds that they want this first will get first choice.)
3 - You can use the certificate to change metal armor to another metal armor sub group, leather armor to another leather armor sub group, or cloth armor to another cloth armor sub group.

In any of these cases, I will also refund the silvers of the person who bought it in the silvers room - have to look up which of you that was and how much was paid.

Again, I apologize for the very poor handling of this item in the auction, and I hope one of the above solutions will be a reasonable compromise for you.

~Sirina

Euler
10-31-2009, 07:57 PM
so what about monks?

Aphyd
10-31-2009, 08:00 PM
haha, I should ask her :P

That Jay
10-31-2009, 08:17 PM
I bought my magic hat expecting to use it when monk's come out. Can I trade it for a passed item too?

nub
10-31-2009, 08:18 PM
Those sound like a shitty solutions, you should tell her that it is not reasonable as you passed up on non-passed up items so you could get this one.... I even read on the officials from someone in red stating that the mistake would be honored.

Asrial
10-31-2009, 08:24 PM
She told me earlier in an assist (i was afk at the time she responded..had been in queue for 2 days and forgot I was queued) that she was going to her "real job", but would be checking in on GS Emails periodically.Ahh. This is what I felt we were missing (cause of the bit about her saying "as I mentioned earlier").

Certainly does invalidate a lot of the things I've been commenting on :D

I don't think she was rude still.. however.. I think she should have just not responded until she got home (maybe just saying "hey, busy, we'll work on this later when I can give it more attention"). She was splitting her attention in an attempt to help you, but it really wasn't helping you.

Methais
10-31-2009, 08:51 PM
Aphyd states that he is looking for armor to convert.

Sirina states that the conversion should happen in a reasonable period of time.
Aphyd brings up monks.

In context, the juxtaposition creates a slight against Simu, which also gives the impression that Aphyd is dicking around.

Read:
I want personalized updates on a profession that's being developed before I make a decision. In the meantime I will be holding this over your head.

If I was that GM my first thought would have been: Who the fuck does this guy think he is? Wanna timeline shithead how does 30 days sound to you?

Sometimes in customer service you have to be firm with a customer that is trying to game the system for personal gain. Customer's will at times attempt to get inside information or undeserved services by using passive aggressive statements such as the one above.

She wasn't rude, she was firm. She let you know that she wasn't going to get into a haggling contest with you. You may yet be able to salvage this if you respond in a mature manner, apologize for wasting her time and request a later time that might better fit her schedule.

You people are batshit insane and need to remove the crowbar from your respective anal cavities. I'd hate to see either of you working a job that involves customers asking you questions, especially when the salesman misrepresents the item he sold them.

1 - You can get a refund of your auction upsell of $10.
2 - You can trade in your certificate and choose any of the "passed" items from the auction. There are about 125 or so to choose from. (Whoever responds that they want this first will get first choice.)
3 - You can use the certificate to change metal armor to another metal armor sub group, leather armor to another leather armor sub group, or cloth armor to another cloth armor sub group.

What a shitty deal.

One thing learned from this thread: Monks will not be out before December 20.

TheThirdEye
10-31-2009, 08:58 PM
so what about monks?

:rofl:

Mr. Dallas
10-31-2009, 08:59 PM
You people are batshit insane and need to remove the crowbar from your respective anal cavities. I'd hate to see either of you working a job that involves customers asking you questions, especially when the salesman misrepresents the item he sold them.

What a shitty deal.

One thing learned from this thread: Monks will not be out before December 20.

The middle part is key here.

D.

TheThirdEye
10-31-2009, 09:12 PM

Been doing customer service and technical support for a very long time. I will do my best to assist a customer that has not gotten everything he was promised. If what he was promised was a violation of our policy thus could not be honored I would offer a refund or alternative. If a salesman misrepresents the product or service a detailed report regarding the incident is sent to his supervisor.

Just because the customer was promised something that violated our policy it doesn't mean you are compelled to honor it. I've had many customers come to me with claims that they were promised outrageous discounts or services. I've had to talk these customers down and explain to them that there has been a mistake then offer options that are within policy to offer.

It's unfortunate and regrettable that the customer didn't get the correct information but two wrongs won't make it right.

Reawing
10-31-2009, 09:32 PM
It's unfortunate and regrettable that the customer didn't get the correct information but two wrongs won't make it right.

It does if you are the customer. lol

-Reawing

nub
10-31-2009, 09:35 PM

Which means you agree that the conversion which they incorrectly stated would happen SHOULD happen then?

Methais
10-31-2009, 09:44 PM
Been doing customer service and technical support for a very long time. I will do my best to assist a customer that has not gotten everything he was promised. If what he was promised was a violation of our policy thus could not be honored I would offer a refund or alternative. If a salesman misrepresents the product or service a detailed report regarding the incident is sent to his supervisor.

Just because the customer was promised something that violated our policy it doesn't mean you are compelled to honor it. I've had many customers come to me with claims that they were promised outrageous discounts or services. I've had to talk these customers down and explain to them that there has been a mistake then offer options that are within policy to offer.

But were you a dick to them when they tried to keep the situation light hearted and basically telling them you don't have time to assist them while you're working at your other job?

Summertime
11-01-2009, 12:12 AM
Guy walks into an auto shop.. "I wana buy this transmission & have it installed, but I don't have the car I want you to put it in yet, and you cant put it in this car here cause I'm using it right now.. I'll be back whenever its convenient for me.. just leave somebody standing around available for me when I get around to showing up.. okies?

I have armor to use it on...I just don't want to convert the armor i'm wearing right now to robes..considering i'm a warrior. I'm aware I asked her to hold onto it until I found armor to use it on...mis-quote on my part

That about sums up your session with the GM. You came across as a waffling turd, and it sounds like you're trying to sell the slip and want time to find a buyer..

Accurate or not, that's what it looks like, and it pisses GMs off to be left waiting for you

nub
11-01-2009, 12:16 AM
Guy walks into an auto shop.. "I wana buy this transmission & have it installed, but I don't have the car I want you to put it in yet, and you cant put it in this car here cause I'm using it right now.. I'll be back whenever its convenient for me.. just leave somebody standing around available for me when I get around to showing up.. okies?

Guy walks into an auto shop and a sign says "buy a transmission today, you can get it installed whenever you want in any car you want"

Guy asks "ok how long is 'whenever' because I plan on buying a car without a transmission, I am just waiting for the car to come out, in the mean time I will just use my car."

I can make analogies too.

Summertime
11-01-2009, 12:32 AM
Guy walks into an auto shop and a sign says "buy a transmission today, you can get it installed whenever you want in any car you want"

Guy asks "ok how long is 'whenever' because I plan on buying a car without a transmission, I am just waiting for the car to come out, in the mean time I will just use my car."

I can make analogies too.

You can also be an asshole as much as you want.. fact remains, there is a difference between rational common sense expectations, and literal semantics and hair splitting to avoid the simple fact that every other ticket for any kind of work had a weeks shelf life, and the wishful idea that this one shouldn't because it doesn't say so is as ridiculous as some asshole demanding 8x uber padded, spiked, as enhansive plate be converted into robes. At no point did the ticket say 'redeemable at your leisure', and just because the buyer assumes so doesn't make it so.

Just because cars don't come with labels saying they can't fly international all on their own power doesn't give some jerkwad buying one the expectation of it being able to do so.

Common sense.. it's what is supposed to be what separates us from the lower life-forms.

Bobmuhthol
11-01-2009, 12:49 AM
You're fucking retarded.

Aphyd
11-01-2009, 01:02 AM
and the wishful idea that this one shouldn't because it doesn't say so is as ridiculous as some asshole demanding 8x uber padded, spiked, as enhansive plate be converted into robes. At no point did the ticket say 'redeemable at your leisure', and just because the buyer assumes so doesn't make it so.

If you'd bother to read...the coupon was rather misleading as well, about everything.

This certificate authorizes the bearer to receive services from the merchant Vagrand on the grounds of Velathae, or the merchant Gostika beyond the walls of the village. Either shall be willing to redeem it and can completely rebuild a piece of armor into another class while preserving all of its other capabilities, less its given encumbrance, intact. (GM Contact: Sirina)

Those two lines right there show that:

A) The certificate is not required to be redeemed at the EG festival, unlike the other tickets, which actually stated a time limit. I never once presumed that the ticket was permanent, like you've taken it upon yourself to assume. Otherwise I wouldn't have emailed her in the first place to ask her about a time limit.

B) "rebuild a piece of armor into another class" sounds a lot like a full conversion, not just adding or removing a helmet, which is what changes within the AsG subclass would be.

Methais
11-01-2009, 01:47 AM
You're fucking retarded.

^

Aphyd
11-01-2009, 01:57 AM
:(

TheThirdEye
11-01-2009, 02:03 AM
But were you a dick to them when they tried to keep the situation light hearted and basically telling them you don't have time to assist them while you're working at your other job?

I can certainly agree that she her previous to last email had a bit of a bite but it wasn't like she said, "Fuck you, get back to me when you can be serious.", she was hardly being a dick. Her job is not to take his snide comments all day long and if there is a single crack in her customer service exterior he wins. Sure, her reply could be taken as being a bit short but that doesn't mean he won the "I get I want" lottery.

Whether it's Simutronics or Blizzard, any company will attempt to correct an error made by it's employees by offering alternatives to what was offered to the customer. It is not good business to violate your company policy in an attempt to correct the issue.

The point is moot at this point anyways. He has been offered a refund and other options. When you are offered a refund it's the company's way of saying that they were not trying to rip you off but made an honest mistake. We can't give you want you want but we are not going to keep your money if you are not happy with that. Take the money or one of the other two options offered. To continue to bitch about it is just pissing into the wind.

Aphyd
11-01-2009, 02:47 AM
Her job is not to take his snide comments all day long and if there is a single crack in her customer service exterior he wins.

Dude explain to me how being jokey is "making snide comments to try to crack her"? I wasn't rude with her, I never once made any comment as an attempt to be a smartass, or to upset her.

The point is moot at this point anyways. He has been offered a refund and other options. When you are offered a refund it's the company's way of saying that they were not trying to rip you off but made an honest mistake. We can't give you want you want but we are not going to keep your money if you are not happy with that. Take the money or one of the other two options offered. To continue to bitch about it is just pissing into the wind.

The point isn't moot...the rewards kind of suck. The certificate went out in plat at the very beginning of Sunday. I have a fairly considerable amount of money for plat standards, and could have had other items that I wanted, but I went for the ASG certificate because of the way it was auctioned.

I will accept the alternative, but it doesn't make things "all better". Offering me a $10 dollar refund? Seriously? The main feature of this EG was the auction, and they force you to buy a festival ticket in order to attend. It's not like you can just spend 10 bucks and selectively attend the auction and not the festival. (And i'm sure someone will say, "yeah but you attended the event". You're right, but so far i've purchased nothing from shops, and i've had one item deepend...aside from that i've been working every day)

And i'm sorry, but saying "you can have a choice of the reject items, since you passed on tons of good items in order to get something that we misrepresented" is not good customer service. It's my only viable option in this situation. But I would be hesitant not to call you a liar if you said that you wouldn't be slightly upset if you were in the same situation.

phantasm
11-01-2009, 09:57 AM
haha, I should ask her :P

This is the attitude that was showing up in your original conversaion.

Haha, I should tell her I'm waiting for monks.
Haha, I should tell her I want to turn 8x uber plate into robes.
Haha, I'm gonna grief Sirina for laffs.

nub
11-01-2009, 10:36 AM

Or maybe his attitude was...

In a time of stupid stuff happening I can still try to lighten the mood.

Methais
11-01-2009, 11:37 AM
I can certainly agree that she her previous to last email had a bit of a bite but it wasn't like she said, "Fuck you, get back to me when you can be serious.", she was hardly being a dick. Her job is not to take his snide comments all day long and if there is a single crack in her customer service exterior he wins. Sure, her reply could be taken as being a bit short but that doesn't mean he won the "I get I want" lottery.

Whether it's Simutronics or Blizzard, any company will attempt to correct an error made by it's employees by offering alternatives to what was offered to the customer. It is not good business to violate your company policy in an attempt to correct the issue.

Riiight. So which comment of his was snide?

And which member of staff are you?

Aphyd
11-01-2009, 04:37 PM

Heh, there's a huge difference between responding to a joke on the message boards, and dealing with someone.

Don't be a jackass.

TheThirdEye
11-01-2009, 07:36 PM
Riiight. So which comment of his was snide?

Haha, well I was going to try to hold on to it until I hear more about monks, and possibly have a set of robes converted...As soon as I get an update on monks, I should have a good timeframe.

__________________________________________________ __________

i wasn't thinking anything too crazy, probably just 8x Crit padded, Spiked, Enhancing, Zelnorn Full Plate altered into robes.

You say he was joking, I see it as snide. So, we disagree.

Aphyd, if you are unhappy with the way you were treated then you should ask to speak directly to her superiors and lodge a formal complaint. If you still don't get what you want you have the right to protest with your wallet and cancel your subscription. Finally, if you believe that you have been financially damaged by such treatment you may file a civil suit.

And which member of staff are you?

I was not implying that I was a member of Simu staff. I was using examples from my experience working in customer service. I apologize for the misunderstanding.
:oops:

Aphyd
11-01-2009, 09:07 PM
You say he was joking, I see it as snide. So, we disagree.

I don't see how my comment about having a better timeframe when I learn more about monk release is snide at all...it was sincere and honest. She asked when I would know, and I gave her an answer.

It's entirely moot now, I traded the certificate to someone who could use it for Greater SD vambraces and a 3x a day strength armband heh.

phantasm
11-02-2009, 02:10 AM
Only a person with a serious mental deficit could say something sincere and honest regarding monks.

Aphyd
11-02-2009, 02:46 AM
Only a person with a serious mental deficit could say something sincere and honest regarding monks.

Well, when they were scheduled for the past 5 years, and set as a goal for 2009, and when they told me to "expect a nice christmas present" when I mentioned it to them a couple of months ago...you can see how I was hopeful that it'd be happening within a few months.

joehollywood
11-02-2009, 08:23 AM
Your mechanic analogy doesn't work.

It'd be more like...

Hey, you know that car that you've been working on the engine since 2004? I know it takes a long time to change that spark plug and such, so I'm not going to rush you, even though it's been 5 years and all. But what I WOULD like to do is go ahead and prepurchase a transmission for it. You know, like that sign right there says...the one that says, "Hey, you can buy this transmission here and if you pay now, and are willing to hold on to and keep account of the transmission, we'll install it for you whenever you want". So I was thinking I'd just buy that now, and whenever you're done working on that car there that you've been working on for 5 years now, I'll just use it to put a transmission on that. Now I WOULD pick out an exact transmission at this point, but I'm not sure what that car you're working on is going to look like, because every other year or so it gets revisioned, or for that matter when/if it will be done. So I'll just give you some more money and do it later, like the sign says.

Thank you...

Then the response from her was like ( and the part of Sarina will be played by the textual auto mechanic ) hey thanks for the money for the transmission, but what you didn't read was the fine print, writtin in lemon juice, that I haven't put on the sign yet. That says you only get the transmission we decide on, not the one that fits, and you have to have it done within the next month or so. Now stop bothering me, I have to go make money doing oil changes now and can't be tied down to your petty bickering about not getting what you paid for.

And then the mechanic sits down to watch soap operas.

For years.

That's a slightly better analogy.

Bad customer service...AND I think the original poster was griefing a bit, but that's irrelevant to it being bad customer service.

Khariz
11-02-2009, 08:35 AM
Your mechanic analogy doesn't work.

It'd be more like...

Hey, you know that car that you've been working on the engine since 2004? I know it takes a long time to change that spark plug and such, so I'm not going to rush you, even though it's been 5 years and all. But what I WOULD like to do is go ahead and prepurchase a transmission for it. You know, like that sign right there says...the one that says, "Hey, you can buy this transmission here and if you pay now, and are willing to hold on to and keep account of the transmission, we'll install it for you whenever you want". So I was thinking I'd just buy that now, and whenever you're done working on that car there that you've been working on for 5 years now, I'll just use it to put a transmission on that. Now I WOULD pick out an exact transmission at this point, but I'm not sure what that car you're working on is going to look like, because every other year or so it gets revisioned, or for that matter when/if it will be done. So I'll just give you some more money and do it later, like the sign says.

No.

Express statements of lack of expiration are not the same thing as lack of expiration arising by implication. You may argue that they are the same, functionally, but for the sake of your analogy...yeah.

joehollywood
11-02-2009, 08:37 AM
Ok then you can modify it so the "sign" says

Hey, you can buy this transmission here and if you pay now you get a ticket and just redeem it when you're ready to switch it.

And the customer says, hey, how long can I hold onto this.

And the mechanic says, oh as long as you want.

And the customer says, oh, ok I'll buy it then...

AND THEN...

you can resume the story

Beldonn
11-05-2009, 11:38 AM
Yeah right, christmas present.

Try a dick up the ass with a bow on the shaft. Monks will be released in 2011. After the world blows up. :ranting: :whocares: :barfy: :flamewar:

joehollywood
11-05-2009, 12:37 PM
Actually, the mayan calendar specifically states...

That in 2012 Monks get released by Simu, along with a nationwide advertising campaign.

The resulting flooding of Nuc-u-lar Scientists flooding back to the test base game of their youth causes major meltdowns worldwide leading to the destruction of the planet.

I'd love to say that Monks would be out sooner, but you can't argue with science...

Or Mayans...

Or Nostradameus...

Or Simu Staff ( Because you're just wrong, and they're willing to pull posts and tell you so, untill you agree with them )

Delias
11-05-2009, 02:13 PM

Ah...this may be true in the real world, but this is a text based game where you can essentially code in whatever you want, and nobody really suffers any consequences for it. I really don't see the point in denying him his desired armor rebuild, consider the amount of items in game that are already fairly ridiculous...and I don't see how having an open ticket is really a problem...if it's an open ticket, it isn't taking up your time or attention anyway, until the customer puts his request through... so it really does NOT add to your workload. It could even be that he would choose to redeem it at a time that was luckily less hectic. It's all bullshit... it's an arbitrary policy that flatly contradicts the terms presented to the buyer. Maybe I have been in customer service too long, but I reserve what I perceived to be the tone of Sirina's letter for the worst customers who I've been dealing with for a minimum of an hour (on the telephone.) Yes sir, No sir, Yes Mr. So and So...those are the proper modes of address when you are assisting a stranger who is PAYING YOUR FUCKING WAGE. Just my opinion, which in case you were wondering, is the correct one. :tongue:

Delias
11-05-2009, 02:14 PM
I just realized I used about a hundred elipses in that previous post.