PDA

View Full Version : Stormfront...

Methais
03-09-2004, 08:19 PM
I was reading the official boards today in a thread about how it would be nice if StormFront had a skin that could make it look just like or very close to that of the Wizard FE. One GM responded saying that they were able to set up their StormFront so that it does look very close to that of the Wizard. Not the skin, but the layout and all that good shit.

Stormfront just feels too cramped for me, cause I'm used to having so much more "space" with the Wizard.

Has anyone fiddled around with Stormfront and made it come out looking close to that of the Wizard FE? If so, mind posting a screen shot of the end result?

Here's my Wizard setup if it helps any:

Latrinsorm
03-09-2004, 08:23 PM
Your color scheme makes my eyes hurt, dude.

And can't help you, I refuse to touch SF until I'm absolutely forced.

Bobmuhthol
03-09-2004, 08:26 PM
Holy shit how do you play like that?

Artha
03-09-2004, 08:27 PM
Makes my eyes hurt too :(

Here's mine, though, it looks fairly close to what I've used forever and ever.

Latrinsorm
03-09-2004, 08:29 PM
I hope that's an empath or something Artha. 63 AS at level 9 is truly pitiful.

Artha
03-09-2004, 08:29 PM
It is indeed an empath.

Hanksbane
03-09-2004, 08:37 PM
I hate the standard Skin, The Stealth Skin is a lot better in my opinion, mostly because I like having all the important stuff on the left side. I hate, HATE having the compass on the right side. You read left to right, so I always focus on the left side of my screen. The stealth skin places it there, albeit in the left hand corner. I would prefer it if it was mobile. I like to have it left side center.

I was able to move everything else so that it resembled my wizard settings. I moved all my scripts, highlights (which took me a few tries) and macros. So they all work. (I only tried a few of my scripts, but my solhaven and icemule travel scripts worked like a charm) I like the fact that you can set the underline color so you don't get all those distracting underlines everywhere. Once I got Thundermage to work, it imoprted all my highlights perfectly. I also like the fact that there are more colors to choose from. I like to highlight stuff. So my screen looks like Methais's, lots of colors, so I don't miss anything. However, the stealth skin is all dark and has orange text all over. I would like it if it were lighter colored. Which brings me to agree that if SF had a Wizard skin, I'd probably switch. I don't know how to make a skin or I'd try.

Anyone know how to make one or know a site that can teach me?

Artha
03-09-2004, 08:40 PM
I wish I knew. It probably involves being able to code in XML. I, personally, didn't like the stealth skin. It made my HealthMan a HealthGirl (or HealthEffeminateman), put all my stuff on the wrong side of the screen, and generally sucked and blew.

Warriorbird
03-09-2004, 09:48 PM
Frightening. Artha and I use eerily similar SF setups.

Artha
03-09-2004, 09:56 PM
Frightening. Artha and I use eerily similar SF setups.

Spooky. I really miss my eScape highlights, but I'm too lazy to re-highlight every gem and skin, offensive, defensive, and utility spell effect.

(PS: Loading my highlights in eScape takes just under a minute.)

Methais
03-10-2004, 12:21 AM
<<Holy shit how do you play like that?>>

After adding highlights little by little over the years, it got to the point where I just have shitloads of highlights. Professions have their own colors (warriors are highlighted in red, empaths pink, etc.), non obvious exits are highlighted (doors, hatches, etc.), miscellaneous shit has their own color, like green for most herbs or green things, brown for wood, red for blood, etc.

I've gotten so used to all that shit that when I try to play without them I really can't tell what the hell is going on and miss so much shit.

And if you think my highlights are bad, you should hear my speakers when I'm playing GS. If I were to ever have to redo my sound setups manually, it would probably take me months.

In a nutshell, I can see where GMs are coming from when they say something like "In order to change that verb we would have to go back and manually redo literally thousands of scripts and old code and it would take so much time to update everything to go with the change that it simply wouldn't be worth it." I'm sure you've all heard them say something along those lines at one time or another on the official boards.

If you (in general) REALLY want to know what I mean (explaining it here doesn't even come close to what my setup is really like), U2U me and we can set something up to somehow send the shitloads of .wav files I have along with my Wizard setup files....then you can hear what GS sounds like to me. Think Monty Python, Three Stooges, Mortal Kombat, Final Fantasy, various explosion type sounds, South Park, Charlie Brown, Airplane/Naked Gun, Star Wars, Beavis & Butthead, and tons of other shit, some you'd recognize, others are just miscellaneous things (like a BARF sound when you "put your hands on your head and groan" after drinking too much at Helga's). Even the James Earl Jones CNN fanfare when a gamewide announcement takes place :P

It's really too much shit to list, but if anyone's interested in checking it out drop me a U2U.

<looks at Artha's SF screenshot>>

StormFront has an OOC thought net? Or is that something new with GS4 in general?

[Edited on 3-10-2004 by Methais]

Hanksbane
03-10-2004, 01:10 AM
Here is my Wizard layout

Hanksbane
03-10-2004, 01:11 AM
and my stormfront layout

Methais
03-10-2004, 01:52 AM
I just wish the sidebar windows on SF weren't so huge. If they were smaller like on the Wizard it'd be MUCH better. That, and buffered screen updates like the Wizard, which I don't believe StormFront has.

TheRoseLady
03-10-2004, 06:30 AM
Just Curious -

Are those of you who put everything on the left hand of the screen - right handed? And conversely the one guy who has the SF set up with the stuff on the right - left handed?

I'm a lefty and have all of my wizard "stuff" on the right hand side, just wondered if there was a pattern.

-TRL

*Edited to a better format.

[Edited on 3-10-2004 by TheRoseLady]

Artha
03-10-2004, 06:54 AM
I'm a right hander, and all my stuff's on the right hand side.

StormFront has an OOC thought net? Or is that something new with GS4 in general?

That's PsiNet.

AnticorRifling
03-10-2004, 07:00 AM
That screen shot posted by Methais proves he rules even more because his layout of the FE is almost a mirror of mine.

03-10-2004, 07:57 AM
My layout is the best!

But alas, I have an odd keyboard that will not allow me to capture a screen shot.

Unless there is a key combo for it that I don't know of :blush:

Methais
03-10-2004, 08:09 AM
Hit the PRINT SCREEN key to copy the screenshot to your clipboard. Then just paste it into a graphics program and save it.

<<Are those of you who put everything on the left hand of the screen - right handed?>>

I have my stuff on the left, and I'm left handed. If it helps any though, I swing a baseball bat right handed.

Another thing you might notice with my layout is I have my left hand box on the right, and my right hand box on the left...probably because I'm left handed and always picture my characters with the weapon in their left hand, etc.

Lemme see your layout Anticor :D

[Edited on 3-10-2004 by Methais]

AnticorRifling
03-10-2004, 08:14 AM
I'll post it tonight when I get home. After I screenshot it what's the best program to save it into and save as a .jpg?

03-10-2004, 08:16 AM
Ah, I'm a retard, the Print Screen key was labeled PTSN, I shoulda known!

CrystalTears
03-10-2004, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Methais
After adding highlights little by little over the years, it got to the point where I just have shitloads of highlights. Professions have their own colors (warriors are highlighted in red, empaths pink, etc.), non obvious exits are highlighted (doors, hatches, etc.), miscellaneous shit has their own color, like green for most herbs or green things, brown for wood, red for blood, etc.

Whoa, I do pretty much exactly the same thing. Highlights for professions, herbs, woord items, wands, entrances, bodies, actions, you name it. I've gotten so used to them that not seeing any highlights gets me lost and miss out on things.

I'd be really interested in the sounds and stuff. I used to have a bunch of sounds once upon a time but lost them when I upgraded my computer and never got around to finding more.

Betheny
03-10-2004, 08:35 AM
I actually prefer Storm Front, except for the whole most of my scripts don't work in it kind of thing... so... when travelling I use the Wizard. Heh.

03-10-2004, 09:15 AM
HighLighting is your friend!

Bobmuhthol
03-10-2004, 09:21 AM
<<I'll post it tonight when I get home. After I screenshot it what's the best program to save it into and save as a .jpg?>>

I do everything in Paint.

Methais
03-10-2004, 09:24 AM
<<I'll post it tonight when I get home.>>

YOU POST NOW OR YOU GET OUT MY STORE!

I usually use IrfanView for things like that, and it's free. Google it.

TheEschaton
03-10-2004, 09:32 AM
I AM actually left handed and have all my stuff on the right side of the screen. Interesting observation.

And I'm a true lefty, I bat left handed as well.

-TheE-

Bobmuhthol
03-10-2004, 09:42 AM
<<I AM actually left handed and have all my stuff on the right side of the screen. Interesting observation.>>

Same here.

<<And I'm a true lefty, I bat left handed as well.>>

Same here.

03-10-2004, 09:43 AM
I'm right handed, but like it on the left...

But I don't use any button palattes either.

[Edited on 3-10-2004 by The Lancer]

CrystalTears
03-10-2004, 09:47 AM
I'm right handed and have my stuff on the right. Strange.

Wezas
03-10-2004, 09:55 AM
My current wizardFE layout. I still use it even though Grabbs calls me "gay" for doing so.

http://members.cox.net/legendwezas/layout.jpg

Pretty ordinary. A few things shuffled around, I have scars and injuries showing because I'm an empath. No weird highlights except friends, (the words You, you, Your, your, Wezas, wezas), and monsterbold. Newly added in red was the rogue who swept me after I cast at "UpsetEmpath" from my other thread.

::edited to add, Right Handed::

[Edited on 3-10-2004 by Wezas]

Galleazzo
03-10-2004, 11:37 AM
Stormblunt blows.

Artha
03-10-2004, 11:39 AM
You blow.

/I can argue like this all day, bring it on.

Atlanteax
03-10-2004, 12:33 PM
Am right-handed... and I prefer to keep the Visual stuff on the Right.

I don't mind the Stormfront too much (AFTER making it more resemble my current Wizard setup), aside from how you cannot resize the Visuals, and that it seems "laggy" compared to Wizard.

I'm still sticking with the Wizard.

FYI, I asked SIMU-Melissa at VegasCon, what if they know what's the ratio of SF-users to Wizard-users, and she said "Yes."

Folks chuckled, and then I just went "well, what is it!?"

Then she got into a long explaination of how basically despite all the work they're putting into the SF, they're having a hard time trying to get people to use it, and that WE (at those at the Con) should try the latest version and get others to.

So, after that, I'm thinking that proably 60%+ of GS4 players are still using Wizard. Especially with how SIMU-Melissa described the disappointment of the lack of SF-users.

Artha
03-10-2004, 12:40 PM
They just don't realise that it's really hard to make people change. I didn't change to eScape until I lost all my highlights by getting a new computer, and didn't change to SF until I used it alot with newer characters and realised it was better.

That's why they need a wizard-like skin for it.

Bobmuhthol
03-10-2004, 12:40 PM
I'd use the Wizard, skin or not.

Hanksbane
03-10-2004, 12:45 PM
I am right handed, but I find I focus on the left side of the screen more so thats why I put everything there.

I pretty much have everything set up so that my hands don't move too much while hunting.

One thing about SF that I can't get used to is the keypad <enter> key. I use it more than the normal <enter> key. In wizard it acts like a normal enter key, and due to all my macros, its easier for me to just use the keypad one. In SF it only repeats the last command. If I enter a new command and hit the keypad <enter> key, it defaults to the last command and doesn't enter the new one. That is annoying. That is probably the one thing that will keep me from using it as my main FE. hough I do like it for merchants. But thats about it.

Artha
03-10-2004, 12:48 PM
You can change that in the macro section. Options > Macros and it's listed as KeypadEnter

Artha
03-10-2004, 12:55 PM
I'll just piggyback on this thread...

Will someone post a picture of the wizard with all the windows* open?

*windows with a graphic interface, not the ones that output text. Like the injury window.

03-10-2004, 01:04 PM
Bob's the only one that posted one thats not all screwy! You need organization!!!

Bobmuhthol
03-10-2004, 01:08 PM
The wounds window is the only one I don't normally have open; I turned it on for Artha cuz dat be all t3h windowz.

<3 windowz.

Artha
03-10-2004, 01:09 PM
Thanks Bob. I'm going to see about making a skin for SF that resembles the Wizard. It won't be the exact same, because of copyright stuff, but it'll be as similar as I can get it.

Bobmuhthol
03-10-2004, 01:10 PM
Oh, pictures.. wtf I think I have pictures turned on but it's behind the main screen or something.

Artha
03-10-2004, 01:11 PM
SF doesn't have a pictures window anyway, so it doesn't matter.

Bobmuhthol
03-10-2004, 01:13 PM
Damnit, way to respond after I deleted it.

Hanksbane
03-10-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Artha
You can change that in the macro section. Options > Macros and it's listed as KeypadEnter

Okay I'm able to make a macro for the keypad enter button, but what do I enter as the command?

Wezas
03-10-2004, 01:42 PM
Gotta say, Bob's screenshot is the most retarded I've seen, by far.

Artha
03-10-2004, 01:44 PM
If you want it to act like a normal enter key? Just delete it.

Bobmuhthol
03-10-2004, 01:44 PM
You're dumb. I don't keep the wounds window up, I just put it there so Artha could see all the graphic windows. The rest is the same, and it's excellent.

Methais
03-10-2004, 02:43 PM
Bob was jamming on techno when he took that screenshot.

NOOB!

<<Wezas's screenshot>>

Your layout is almost as cool as mine. And how do you get those 2 "bodies" on the injury window? Mine just displays one. How new is that feature?

THIS JUST IN:

JT Stilez (1:44:38 PM): * Bobmuhthol joins the adventure.
>
* Methais joins the adventure.
JT Stilez (1:44:43 PM): YOU MA'ER!
JT Stilez (1:44:45 PM): I figured you out!
Methais (1:44:46 PM): hahaha
JT Stilez (1:44:48 PM): Your BOBMUHTHOL!
Methais (1:44:50 PM): damn you got me
Methais (1:44:56 PM): I'M BOBMUHTHOL OMFG!!11
JT Stilez (1:45:00 PM): MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111
Methais (1:45:07 PM): PWNED!!!!!!!!!!111111111111

Bobmuhthol
03-10-2004, 02:47 PM
<<Bob was jamming on techno when he took that screenshot.>>

Raver's anthem pwnz.

<<JT Stilez (1:44:38 PM): * Bobmuhthol joins the adventure.
>
* Methais joins the adventure.>>

OH NOEZ NOW THEY KNOW U = ME. Why the hell are his arrivals in his main window wtf?

Wezas
03-10-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Methais
Your layout is almost as cool as mine. And how do you get those 2 "bodies" on the injury window? Mine just displays one. How new is that feature?

Can't open it here at work, but I think I remember what I did. There's an injury window (a window, just like thought, pictures, etc.). I took that window, and made it more narrow (get rid of the text) and but longer (to show the scars)

Drew2
03-10-2004, 03:15 PM
I win.

Artha
03-10-2004, 03:16 PM
Eww.

03-10-2004, 03:18 PM
Yea, Tayre thats HORRIBLE!

Bobmuhthol
03-10-2004, 03:21 PM
What's wrong with Tayre's..? It's the same as mine, without an arrival window, and with a different font.

Mint
03-10-2004, 03:22 PM
How do you get that whole line to show in bold Tayre: 'You also see blah blah blah'?

Bobmuhthol
03-10-2004, 03:24 PM
It's not bolded. It's highlighted in white, entire line.

03-10-2004, 03:25 PM
Its ugly cuz its not organized!

I hate seeing the Simu backdrop!!

Everything needs to fit PERFECTLY!

Heh! Yea I have a few OCDs...

Wezas
03-10-2004, 03:26 PM
Look at all that blank space, Tayre. I like to keep my window small, so I can have Trillian up next to it and maybe an IM or two.

Also, my yellow highlights are gettin hosed by PSInet chat. Hard as hell to see someone's name if it's yellow with a white background. Is changing that as easy as changing a color setting in the wizard?

Methais
03-10-2004, 03:28 PM
I just felt like posting.

Wezas
03-10-2004, 03:31 PM
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/arnold.php

For those who may want it.

Bobmuhthol
03-10-2004, 03:32 PM
lmao

Drew2
03-10-2004, 03:33 PM
For the entire "You also see" highlight thing, you just set a highlight strong for "You also see" and select 'entire line" or whatever and it's done. I picked that up from a friend years and years ago. Helps see things in the room.

I don't need anymore windows than I have. I have it so only the people I have highlighted are displayed when they arrive, so they can just appear in my game window. That way I'm sure to see them.

J-Tech
03-10-2004, 03:37 PM
Heres what my shit looks like right now:

http://members.cox.net/pjlex/ss01.JPG

J.T.

CrystalTears
03-10-2004, 03:39 PM
Good lord I'm blind!

Artha
03-10-2004, 03:50 PM
Jtech, you're going to go blind. Seriously. That screen shot makes my glasses darken up, I can't imagine what it's like for your eyes.

Also, here's my settings, feel free to use them.

PS: If you can't tell, that's only for the awesome people who use StormFront.

[Edited on 3-10-2004 by Artha]

J-Tech
03-10-2004, 03:52 PM
I dunno, been using the same scheme for 8 years...i just can't seem to change...

J.T.

TheEschaton
03-10-2004, 06:07 PM
My wizard. I know it's plain, but wtf, I don't have the time to fucking highlight every fucking thing in the world.

Edited to add: And yes, I put the windows over the main window. I hate wasting possible game window space.

-TheE-

[Edited on 3-10-2004 by TheEschaton]

Bobmuhthol
03-10-2004, 06:13 PM
Wow. That sucks.

TheEschaton
03-10-2004, 06:16 PM
You suck even more, Bob, to infinity times infinity, no backsies.

-TheE-

AnticorRifling
03-10-2004, 06:24 PM
Here is my awesome setup. It's basically the same for all my characters and I have all herbs and things that heal in dark green, gems in dark blue, boxes and such in brown, magic items like wands in white, etc. I've highlighted and saved just about everything that fits in those catagories but you can't see it from this snippet, ohh yeah names of people I talk to alot are in bright green, You you etc in light blue:

AnticorRifling
03-10-2004, 06:25 PM
Of course I had to post a shot when my inventory is upside down. I always log twice but I was in a hurry ohh well.

Bobmuhthol
03-10-2004, 06:29 PM

CrystalTears
03-10-2004, 06:31 PM
This is how I have Stormfront set up right now. It could change at any moment.

Meos
03-10-2004, 06:38 PM
Simple, and big.

[Edited on 3-10-2004 by Meos]

J-Tech
03-10-2004, 06:45 PM
Meos' rockin the Elvis Presley...

That's sweet.

J.T.

Artha
03-10-2004, 06:56 PM
Some of you have the crappiest layouts ever. Please, do yourselves a favor and download my highlight stuff and start using SF.

Bobmuhthol
03-10-2004, 06:59 PM
I have 'just bit the dust', 'Bobmuhthol', 'disk', 'the body of', 'stunned', and a couple people highlighted.

Anything more is overkill.

Edited to add '[OOC]-' is also highlighted.

[Edited on 3-10-2004 by Bobmuhthol]

Meos
03-10-2004, 07:06 PM
I got you, your, meos, and body highlighted. Then friends and merchants. Along with Metoer Swarm and Major Elemental Wave that plays the a sound bite of grandpa Simpson yelling "DEATH!"

edited to add: Yes I have obliterated TC more then once...

[Edited on 3-11-2004 by Meos]

AnticorRifling
03-10-2004, 09:34 PM
Under C:\Program Files\Simu\Wizard\GemStone paste this into the HIS file of your character and you get my highlight strings:

003 "clove"
003 "flower"
003 "fruit"
003 "grass"
003 "leaf"
003 "lichen"
003 "moss"
003 "potion"
003 "root"
003 "spine"
003 "stem"
003 "Stem"
004 "agate"
004 "amber"
004 "amethyst"
004 "beryl"
004 "bloodstone"
004 "carbuncle"
004 "chalcedony"
004 "chrysoberyl"
004 "claidhmore"
004 "coral"
004 "cordierite"
004 "crystal"
004 "diamond"
004 "diopside"
004 "dreamstone"
004 "emerald"
004 "faenor-bloom"
004 "feystone"
004 "garnet"
004 "gem"
004 "glimaerstone"
004 "heliodor"
004 "hyacinth"
004 "jacinth"
004 "jade"
004 "jasper"
004 "lapis"
004 "moonstone"
004 "obsidian"
004 "onyx"
004 "opal"
004 "pearl"
004 "quartz"
004 "rosespar"
004 "ruby"
004 "sapphire"
004 "sard"
004 "scarab"
004 "shard"
004 "shell"
004 "spinel"
004 "stone"
004 "topaz"
004 "tourmaline"
004 "turquoise"
004 "zircon"
005 "bone"
005 "crest"
005 "eye"
005 "fang"
005 "feathers"
005 "fur"
005 "hide"
005 "horn"
005 "mandible"
005 "nail"
005 "nose"
005 "paw"
005 "pelt"
005 "pelt"
005 "scalp"
005 "scraping"
005 "skin"
005 "tail"
005 "toe"
005 "tusk"
007 "box"
007 "chest"
007 "coffer"
007 "strongbox"
007 "trunk"
011 "eonake"
011 "imflass"
011 "invar"
011 "leather"
011 "mithril"
011 "ora"
011 "silver"
011 "silvers"
011 "vultite"
011 "You"
011 "you"
012 "cloud"
012 "fades"
012 "leaves"
012 "pocket"
012 "pockets"
014 "body"
014 "dies"
014 "falls to the ground motionless."
014 "gestures and utters a phrase of magic"
014 "goes still"
014 "gold"
014 "Private"
014 "private"
014 "stunned"
015 "amulet"
015 "armband"
015 "flask"
015 "lockpick"
015 "orb"
015 "palimpsest"
015 "paper"
015 "papyrus"
015 "parchment"
015 "pin"
015 "ring"
015 "rod"
015 "scroll"
015 "statue"
015 "wand"

Methais
03-11-2004, 01:26 AM
How'd you do that?

Drew2
03-11-2004, 01:33 AM

Update much?

AnticorRifling
03-11-2004, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by Tayre

Update much?

That's the prep phrase of a trali shaman, at least it was when I hunted them. I don't care when players prep but when a shaman preps if I don't have time to stun it I'm gone.

And Methais I just opened my HIS file with notepad.

pimpinhoes
08-19-2018, 12:43 AM
Anyone know a program that lets you change the stormfront borders and edges like stealthfront and nishifront?

Gelston
08-19-2018, 12:00 PM
I think stealth front and Nishi are all that was ever really made.

horibu
08-19-2018, 12:06 PM
ActiveSkin is the name of the application. It's VERY old. You can find the application at http://www.play.net/software/3rdparty/activeskin.zip if you wish to try to tinker with it. Good luck.