PDA

View Full Version : New Playershops

crb
10-23-2009, 11:22 AM
http://www.virilneus.com/shops/

Don't have all the towns done yet for the initial scan.

The script to run it is written in Lich, may need volunteers who use lich to volunteer to run it in each town, then you will be given a way to upload it to my site for processing. So, I guess, if you want to volunteer, email me virilneus at virilneus dot com with your name, char name, and town(s) you could do, and please, only if you use lich. Ideally you'll have 20+ ranks in scroll reading. I'll compile the list then and if/when we decide we need volunteers I'll let you know.

The guy who is doing the lich half of this project (Alorn) might need four winds access to work on bugs etc, he doesn't have it now, He might need a GOA, for those of you who said you'd pay for playershops to work again... keep that in mind. I'll leave it to him to post that.

But otherwise, it works. Hey whatdya know. Obviously it'll be made better over time with more features and whatnot, pretties, etc.

Shop owners

http://www.virilneus.com/shops/index.php?name=<charname> is your permalink. Obviously if your shop is in a town that is not yet processed, the link will do nothing.

Fallen
10-23-2009, 11:25 AM
Full text search doesn't seem to work. Atleast not for me.

kookiegod
10-23-2009, 11:31 AM
signs are cut off a bit...

Looking spiffy though! :)

~Paul

crb
10-23-2009, 11:33 AM
the sign datatype is a 255 varchar, I might need to switch it to blob.

What did you search for Evarin?

Fallen
10-23-2009, 11:34 AM
Sword, Aura, etc.

crb
10-23-2009, 11:36 AM
Just aura, or

sword, aura

Did you search for a comma?

Just typing in either works for me. Are you clicking the button or just hitting enter to submit?

Fallen
10-23-2009, 11:38 AM
I click full search and it does absolutely nothing. It just blanks what I typed in and doesn't do anything else regardless of what I type. AH! Now it is working. No idea WTF that was about.

crb
10-23-2009, 11:38 AM
That is really weird, what browser?

kookiegod
10-23-2009, 11:40 AM
Gotta admit , the popups are damn spiffy....

~Paul

Fallen
10-23-2009, 11:40 AM
That is really weird, what browser?

I'm thinking I was just pushing enter. This is with IE. I thought I tried clicking manually on "full search" once, but I guess I was mistaken.

WRoss
10-23-2009, 12:30 PM
I'm thinking I was just pushing enter. This is with IE. I thought I tried clicking manually on "full search" once, but I guess I was mistaken.

Switch to Chrome. At least Firefox. IE is for people who learned to code with punch cards.

VIRIL, you are the shit. :thanx:

crb
10-23-2009, 12:35 PM
I fixed the issue Evarin was having anyways.

It was a little thing I put in to prevent auto form submission spam by robots, something I code out of habit in all my web forms. It simply checks to see if the submit button was pressed, if not, it doesn't work. Decided it wasn't needed here, so I removed it. Hence, hitting "enter" to submit it should work just fine.

Fallen
10-23-2009, 12:46 PM
Thanks a bunch, V.

WRoss
10-23-2009, 12:51 PM
Another bug I noticed. I did a full text search for my char name and came up with this result:

a sprig of white queen's lace - 100
[merchant]-Rogane: "stfu fuaru!"
You determine that you could wear the lace anywhere on your body. The lace appears to serve some purpose.

crb
10-23-2009, 12:53 PM
every once in awhile errant data will appear like that.

Gotta make sure the people doing the info gathering don't have thoughts on, or ideally any spells on, lest they melt halfway through.

Monsoon
10-23-2009, 12:54 PM
Another bug I noticed. I did a full text search for my char name and came up with this result:

You determine that you could wear the lace anywhere on your body. The lace appears to serve some purpose.
Ha. That's awesome.

Androidpk
10-23-2009, 01:00 PM
Good work so far! I'm sure many people appreciate this.

WRoss
10-23-2009, 01:00 PM
I noticed quite a few like that actually. I just felt like showing myself being the dick that I know I am.

WRoss
10-23-2009, 01:01 PM
Virilineus for Governor of Cuba!

Gsgeek
10-23-2009, 02:03 PM
So far seems awesome.

Carblin
10-23-2009, 02:58 PM
Not sure what the cause is for this, but just as a head's up.

Each individual projectile will be "a rhi', STICKY, CAPTION, 'bundle of rhimar-tipped arrows', MOUSEOFF);" onmouseout="return nd();">bundle of rhimar-tipped arrows - 10000

Inspire
10-23-2009, 03:02 PM
WOOHOO Shops

crb
10-23-2009, 03:05 PM
Not sure what the cause is for this, but just as a head's up.

Each individual projectile will be "a rhi', STICKY, CAPTION, 'bundle of rhimar-tipped arrows', MOUSEOFF);" onmouseout="return nd();">bundle of rhimar-tipped arrows - 10000

page?

Carblin
10-23-2009, 03:05 PM
page?

Plur's shop. :)

http://www.virilneus.com/shops/index.php?name=Plur%27s%20Magic%20Shoppe

crb
10-23-2009, 03:06 PM
Oh, Durfin says there is a rumor that this is going to be a subscription service you pay for.

This is not true, it is going to be free.

crb
10-23-2009, 03:10 PM
Plur's shop. :)

http://www.virilneus.com/shops/index.php?name=Plur%27s%20Magic%20Shoppe

okay, I found the cause, it should get fixed next time the data is imported.

Carblin
10-23-2009, 03:13 PM
okay, I found the cause, it should get fixed next time the data is imported.

:thanx:

crb
10-23-2009, 03:14 PM
Oh, if someone wants to help or do something....

I need a CSV or something of correlations between atlas IDs and playershop room ids (as per Xygon's maps). So I can list atlas ID locations for each shop too. thus allowing psinet users to use GOTO to find the shop they want.

Format of

playershopid,atlasid,town

so like
1,9004,wl
2,9006,wl

Carblin
10-23-2009, 03:15 PM
Oh, if someone wants to help or do something....

I need a CSV or something of correlations between atlas IDs and playershop room ids (as per Xygon's maps). So I can list atlas ID locations for each shop too. thus allowing psinet users to use GOTO to find the shop they want.

Format of

playershopid,atlasid,town

so like
1,9004,wl
2,9006,wl

inside the shop, or outside?

Edit to add :

I'm going to assume outside, because I can't do a whereami inside shops.

kookiegod
10-23-2009, 03:19 PM
Found a bug in my second shop...

Tiervah on FWI....

It doesn't show on the map of fwi shops.

Only 2 of the 3 rooms were scanned.

Just FWI.

~Paul

crb
10-23-2009, 03:20 PM
ya, fwi is incomplete.

and the outside carblin, the atlasid of the outside

Loyrl
10-23-2009, 05:44 PM
Nice work, thank you!

The Ponzzz
10-23-2009, 05:56 PM
V, are you guys willing to make a Platinum section? And are there any players scanning Platinum?

crb
10-23-2009, 08:20 PM
I could do it, but it'd require people scanning platinum.

I'm not even sure how they work in plat, are they one in each town? Or do you guys got a centralized location?

Drew
10-23-2009, 09:43 PM
Nice, can't wait till sol and ice are up, then it will be basically functional (since EN shops kinda suck).

Mr. Dallas
10-23-2009, 11:42 PM
Nice work so far!

D.

The Ponzzz
10-24-2009, 01:06 AM
I could do it, but it'd require people scanning platinum.

I'm not even sure how they work in plat, are they one in each town? Or do you guys got a centralized location?

They are in each town, like Prime, except the landing has them in different locations and not as many shops.

Alorn15
10-24-2009, 01:43 AM

I don't know what you're talking about. This is clearly a feature, not a bug.

Also, I got a chance to work on the script tonight and was able to fix the following:
1) Much errant data removed.
2) Fixed a bug where some playershops were missing, or they'd show up but rooms would be incomplete.
3) Added a feature where towns can be scanned in chunks. E.G. Scan landing rooms 1-10.

Give it a few days and you'll see the changes live. Damn vacation taking away from dev time >.>

crb
10-26-2009, 03:16 PM
teras added

Alorn15
10-26-2009, 04:36 PM
http://www.virilneus.com/shops/town.php?town=kd
If anyone with an eye for errant data wants to have a look at Teras, please do. That log is using a new version of the script, and I'd like to get as many bug reports on it as possible. Just PM me anything you find.

- Already identified a bug where sign descriptions erroneously contain a leading linebreak. Fixed.
- Identified missing inspect item info. Fixed.

Fixes will appear in next update.

crb
10-26-2009, 06:44 PM
imt added, a few others refreshed

Alorn15
10-26-2009, 07:16 PM
Ta'Illistim up. Landing, solhaven, and teras updated. Goal is to have all towns up by tonight.

- Identified and fixed an issue where inspect wasn't logging ranged ammo. Keep sending bugs.

Alorn15
10-26-2009, 08:04 PM
River's Rest up. FWI and IMT updated.

- Identified and fixed a bug where multi-line info was being cut off too early. Worst victim: signs.

Alorn15
10-26-2009, 08:42 PM
All towns are now uploaded to www.virilneus.com/shops/

Nearly all of them have been updated in the last few hours, though Wehnimer's Landing and Zul Logoth are in the process of being updated now and may not be accurate at present.

Bug reports are helpful and very much welcome. Please report anything you find to me via PM. At present I am aware of the following bugs, which should disappear once new data is uploaded:
- Inspect information not being reported for ranged ammo.
- Long multi-line information is being cut off too early. The most egregious examples of this are in shop names. Sorry Blue Lobster.
- There is a building in FWI 2 that exits to FWI 10. As such some FWI 2 shops won't log correctly. I've BUGed this issue to Simu.

Drew
10-27-2009, 12:52 AM
There seems to be a problem with reading some items, the gryphon medal in particular seems all kinds of messed up:

http://www.virilneus.com/shops/index.php?itemname=a%20silver%20gryphon%20medal

a silver gryphon medal - 999,999,900
Engraved on a silver gryphon medal is the following:
You determine that you could wear the medal anywhere on your body. The medal appears to serve some purpose.
The intricately crafted medal depicts a gryphon with wings outstretched. A passionflower is grasped in its beak, and an engraved scroll cascades from its talons.
There appears to be something written on it.

http://www.virilneus.com/shops/index.php?itemname=a%20gold%20duelist%27s%20medall ion

a gold duelist's medallion - 999,999,900
In the Common language, it reads:
You determine that you could wear the medallion around your neck. The medallion appears to serve some purpose.

But some work just fine:
http://www.virilneus.com/shops/index.php?itemname=a%20crystal%20sword-shaped%20pin

a crystal sword-shaped pin - 999,999,900
In the Common language, it reads:
For service with honor in helping to defeat the darkness as a member of the Northern Fury Guard during the Quest for the Griffin Sword of 5103-5105.
You determine that you could wear the pin anywhere on your body. The pin appears to serve some purpose.

Alorn15
10-27-2009, 01:11 AM
Just checked on the gryphon medal, and the data seems to be accurate except for 'read medallion.' Is that the problem with all of them?

Obvious exits: east, south, out
>get medal
Looking closely at the gryphon medal, you see that it will cost 999999900 coins.
You'll have to buy it if you want it.
>exam medal
The intricately crafted medal depicts a gryphon with wings outstretched. A passionflower is grasped in its beak, and an engraved scroll cascades from its talons.
There appears to be something written on it.
>inspect medal
You carefully inspect a silver gryphon medal.

You determine that you could wear the medal anywhere on your body. The medal appears to serve some purpose.

>read medal
Engraved on a silver gryphon medal is the following:

Dame Wanton Memorial Tournament, 5107
Second Place Winner

Chivalrous GrayHaven of Icemule Trace

Awarded Phoenatos, 5107, by The Order of the Silver Gryphon.

If so, this is the aforementioned bug with information spanning multiple lines. It's fixed but won't show up until data is re-uploaded. In the case of IMT that will be tomorrow morning. Please PM me if your shop isn't fixed by tomorrow afternoon.

Baelog
10-27-2009, 02:20 AM
Noticed that Mrunk's shop is recorded twice, Solhaven, Room 10, instead of mine. Just a heads up

Lumi
10-27-2009, 07:11 AM
Noticed today that a shop description was mismatched.

I did a search, found an item, and clicked on the link for that shop (Aurany's Lockpicks, tv-3).

When the page for that shop came up, it had the description "dark grey canvas tent with a scorched canvas canopy", which was the second "tent" in the room. However, when I went into the second tent (which matched that description), it was someone else's shop (I forget the name, began with an 'S'). I tried going into the first tent in the room, which had a different description, and THAT was Aurany's Lockpicks.

Also, I did a search for:

+"bonus of +12" +infused +edged

...which did return some +12 flaring edged weapons, but also returned a whole bunch of other stuff that wasn't. I'm not sure if it's me or the system, but how would I go about searching for ONLY items that contain all three of those characteristics?

crb
10-27-2009, 10:05 AM
It is possible the game reloaded between when it was scanned, making the "second" "third" etc order backwards.

The boolean search should order results by best match to worst match. It is a very broad search. Near as I can tell it is working perfectly.

It returned one set of armor, that bonused EDGED weapons. So that is still a positive match. It returned one blunt, that had a "rhimar-edged" description, so that still is a positive match.

If you want only OHEs, try "skill in edged"

Alorn15
10-27-2009, 11:05 AM
Baelog and Lumi -

Should be fixed (on the next pass) as the script now uses SF ID's instead of shop nouns to track the buildings. Thanks for the bugs.

BigWorm
10-27-2009, 12:17 PM
Baelog and Lumi -

Should be fixed (on the next pass) as the script now uses SF ID's instead of shop nouns to track the buildings. Thanks for the bugs.

Good change. Using SF ids are one of the lich's most useful features IMHO.

crb
10-27-2009, 12:57 PM
http://www.virilneus.com/recipes/ingredient.php?named=essence+of+fire

Synergy ftw.

Lumi
10-27-2009, 01:47 PM
It is possible the game reloaded between when it was scanned, making the "second" "third" etc order backwards.

The boolean search should order results by best match to worst match. It is a very broad search. Near as I can tell it is working perfectly.

It returned one set of armor, that bonused EDGED weapons. So that is still a positive match. It returned one blunt, that had a "rhimar-edged" description, so that still is a positive match.

If you want only OHEs, try "skill in edged"

What I wanted was only items that had all three (+12, infused, edged). I did notice the ordering, but I also noticed that it didn't exclude items that only had one or two of those search criteria. I was wondering if there was a way to ensure that it ONLY returned items with all three.

crb
10-27-2009, 02:49 PM
What I wanted was only items that had all three (+12, infused, edged). I did notice the ordering, but I also noticed that it didn't exclude items that only had one or two of those search criteria. I was wondering if there was a way to ensure that it ONLY returned items with all three.

Actually, they did have all three. Look closer.

Lumi
10-27-2009, 03:09 PM
Actually, they did have all three. Look closer.

When I ran the search, there were a lot more than three results returned. ALOT more, like over 50. The farther down the list I went, the less accurate they became (hence my earlier comment about noticing the ordering). I kinda figured out where they started falling outside the range of what I wanted, so it wasn't the biggest issue in the world, I'm just relating what happened and how it differed from what I was expecting.

Edit: Oh, could we also get a feature to limit which towns we want to search? I'm not sure if the system is currently set up to exclude results that way, but that'd be a good eventual goal.

Alorn15
10-27-2009, 04:40 PM
When I ran the search, there were a lot more than three results returned. ALOT more, like over 50.

I think what he meant was that you got results for all three of your search key-phrases.

I'd agree though, currently the user feels inundated with information when using the third search. Possibilities:
1) Categorizing the results would help, possibly based on how many of the key-phrases the result matches.
2) Option to apply filters to the results, either before or after the search.
3) The search could only display results that match all key-phrases, forcing the user to be broaden their search if they want more results. This is what people are currently used to, so it's what they're expecting.

crb
10-27-2009, 04:48 PM
When I ran the search, there were a lot more than three results returned. ALOT more, like over 50. The farther down the list I went, the less accurate they became (hence my earlier comment about noticing the ordering). I kinda figured out where they started falling outside the range of what I wanted, so it wasn't the biggest issue in the world, I'm just relating what happened and how it differed from what I was expecting.

Edit: Oh, could we also get a feature to limit which towns we want to search? I'm not sure if the system is currently set up to exclude results that way, but that'd be a good eventual goal.

I did your search too. Every result, and yes there was more than three, was correct.

One of the items returned was this:

http://www.virilneus.com/shops/index.php?itemname=some+etched+imflass+double+chai n

Shawne's Weaponry
fwi - 8
some etched imflass double chain - 8000000
It imparts a bonus of +12 more than usual.
It has been infused with the power of a disintegrating substance.
It provides a bonus of 12 to Edged Weapons Bonus.
This enhancement may not be used by adventurers who have not trained 47 times.
It provides a bonus of 2 to Arcane Symbols Bonus.
This enhancement may not be used by adventurers who have not trained 3 times.
The chain looks to have a lot of charges remaining.
Your careful inspection of some etched imflass double chain allows you to conclude that it is chain armor that covers the torso and arms.
You determine that you could wear the chain around your chest. The chain appears to serve some purpose.
It looks like this item has been mainly crafted out of imflass.

No, it isn't an edged weapon. But it has every keyword you were looking for. So it is correct.

crb
10-27-2009, 04:50 PM
I think what he meant was that you got results for all three of your search key-phrases.

I'd agree though, currently the user feels inundated with information when using the third search. Possibilities:
1) Categorizing the results would help, possibly based on how many of the key-phrases the result matches.
3) The search could only display results that match all key-phrases, forcing the user to be broaden their search if they want more results. This is what people are currently used to, so it's what they're expecting.

It already does 1 and 3.

crb
10-27-2009, 05:46 PM
I added search result highlighting, it should clue people in as to why results are returned.

Lumi
10-27-2009, 06:18 PM

#2 would be awesome.

I did your search too. Every result, and yes there was more than three, was correct.

One of the items returned was this:

http://www.virilneus.com/shops/index.php?itemname=some+etched+imflass+double+chai n

No, it isn't an edged weapon. But it has every keyword you were looking for. So it is correct.

...okay, I'll try this again. Yes, I understand why that item was returned, and I saw it when I did my search, and I didn't have a problem with that item being returned.

I just ran the search again, and the results I got just now are different from what happened when I ran the initial search. Maybe I did the first before some update made it through, I don't know.

It already does 1 and 3.

It appears to now, which is awesome. I was simply trying to convey that when I did my initial search, it didn't do #3.

Inspire
10-27-2009, 06:44 PM
Use quotes around what you want to find... "big","weapon"

Lumi
10-27-2009, 07:16 PM
Use quotes around what you want to find... "big","weapon"

Did that. "bonus of +12", otherwise it turned up anything with "bonus" OR "of" OR "+12".

In fact, when I tried searching for just +12 (no quotes), I got a ton of +20 items.

Okay, I just tried doing a search for +12, and another search for "+12", and both searches returned nothing. Searching for "bonus of +12" provided the expected results.

Also, I just did a search for:

+"bonus of +12" +infused +"skill in edged"

...and while the search results were correct, I noticed the highlighting hit every instance of the consecutive letters "in" throughout the item descriptions. Doesn't really hurt anything, just pointing it out.

The highlighting, btw, is an excellent feature, very nice idea.

Alorn15
10-28-2009, 12:43 PM
If you want to help gather playershops data, check it out -
http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?p=1015462#post1015462

Alorn15
10-30-2009, 04:18 PM
As you may have noticed on the site, a bug in the script caused some bad data output this morning. Fixed the bug, re-logging the data now.

faloon
10-31-2009, 06:31 PM
This is awesome, keep up the good work.

Any way you can remove the website from "Games" as it is websensed at work. (If that is possible).

Thanks.

crb
11-02-2009, 01:12 PM
I have no idea what you mean Faloon.

yesicj
11-02-2009, 09:52 PM
If I'm not misunderstanding, his workplace uses websense to filter traffic. It's catching your site under its "games" category, and he wants to know if that's something you can change. Long story short, it's not: websense categorizes the sites on its own, so it's nothing that you have any appreciable control over.

Alorn15
11-03-2009, 09:41 AM
Thank you to whoever gave me a GoA this morning! It is much appreciated.

And thank you very much for another VERY generous anonymous GoA! I'm covered for a bit, guys. =)

Swami71
11-05-2009, 06:06 AM
Could you add a time and date each town has been updated? If its not there already.

EDIT: Just found it by hovering over each town name.

Cephalopod
11-05-2009, 11:15 PM
http://www.playershops.com/

Looks like Xygon's player released all the code and db schema. Not sure if this will be of any use at this point, since you guys have been doing a good job resurrecting it from scratch.

Asha
11-07-2009, 06:27 AM
I think you rock for doing this.

Deathravin
11-08-2009, 11:22 AM
I'd be willing to upload updated Plat shop data every day if there was somewhere to put it.

Alorn15
11-12-2009, 06:42 PM
Apologies to shop owners for recent display wackiness. Some changes in Lich V4 weren't taken into account by the script. Fixing the issue now and will update ASAP.

crb
11-14-2009, 12:29 PM
So... new feature...

Step one, you gotta register

http://www.virilneus.com/forums/

step two, browse to your shop

step three, CLAIM your shop using the link

Step 4, now you can also edit your shop, adding, for now, a paragraph of text. Extra information not included in your shop sign.

Step 5. Now, other people who are visiting your shop, can see the "Contact Shop Owner" bit, and indeed, contact you. Through the forum.

I used vbulletin because it includes all the user authentication & messaging functions I needed, this way I didn't have to code my own, I could piggyback. But since I have the forum now, people are also welcome to use it for discussions, and I'm going to do a few other integration things with it as well. Having a user authentication system drastically increases the functionality I can achieve.

crb
11-20-2009, 11:17 AM
For people with multiple shops, here is an easier way to promote them:

http://www.virilneus.com/shops/myshops/1

One link, all your shops, the number is your forum userid. You can also find it by just browsing to one of your shops.