PDA

View Full Version : Deity

Umpyr
03-09-2004, 11:13 AM
Does anyone have a link or anything that lists which gods give you either smite or bane?

Kitsun
03-09-2004, 11:22 AM
While ingame type in CONVERT LIST. Upper portion should be smite. Lower portion is bane.

Miss X
03-09-2004, 11:25 AM
does it matter which God you choose? Like, will smite be better if you are aligned to Voln compared to Oleani for example?

Umpyr
03-09-2004, 11:30 AM
Thanks Kitsun

Sean
03-09-2004, 11:32 AM
It matters in the sense that most people, besides uliq, see bane as having a high mechanical advantage over smite.

Miss X
03-09-2004, 11:37 AM
I never play my cleric basically because she is aligned to Voln and can only kill undead, shes doubled in spell aim but since shes only 33 I cant fry while hunting her due to lack of mana. I moved her to Ta'Illistim with the rest of my charecters because its the only town I can stand, but there is a severe shortage of undead there so I was considering switching her to a bane God to make life easier. RP wise it will suck because shes a Voln master, but smite is seriously crap these days. :(

Sean
03-09-2004, 11:47 AM
I'm fairly sure you can't convert anymore unless shes currently unaligned.

Miss X
03-09-2004, 11:49 AM
I checked and I have one option to change it. :)

Umpyr
03-09-2004, 11:56 AM
Ok I was under the assumption that smite was better than bane. Which is better?

Sean
03-09-2004, 12:11 PM
It depends on your character. Me personally? I think bane is better than smite. In fucntion they are functionally the same spells that just work opposite. If you find you enjoy hunting undead more than living than Smite is probably better. I personally enjoy hunting living creatures more and find theres more of them to hunt in my range so I prefer Bane.

Hulkein
03-09-2004, 12:32 PM
Bane is also more useful against other characters then smite.. not to mention I hunt almost all living creatures with my cleric.

Galleazzo
03-09-2004, 12:40 PM
Bane's a lot better than smite. Smite got fucking nerfed so bad I changed the god my cleric worshipped over it. I hated to do it but what can you do?

TheEschaton
03-09-2004, 02:10 PM
Ohhh, the travesties when mechanics change RP.

Since Smite/Bane came out, along with alignment, the number of Charl worshippers has multiplied by 10 times, since he's the one Liabo God whose followers get Bane. It sucks major ass.

"Oh, so you're a priest of the Stormbringer, too?"
"What? Oh, yeah, Charl. I just did that so I can get Bane but justify my membership in Voln."

Booooooooooooooooooooooooo.

-TheE-
P.S. And Tijay, I know you were thinkin' about it too, so don't even try, you fuckin' poseur! ;)

AnticorRifling
03-09-2004, 02:21 PM
Chica take your lvl 33 cleric to Vaalor to the bog. Should be decent hunting for ya.

TheEschaton
03-09-2004, 02:25 PM
The bog'll kill a 33 year old cleric quicker'n being flashed by a halfling.

You might mean sacristan spirits, and all them, out there, that's good stuff.

Vaalor is a good place, if you want to come up, hunting undead. Can hunt through the first 50 trains solely on undead, in Vaalor.

-TheE-

Galleazzo
03-09-2004, 02:42 PM
Yeah, fuck that, I wasn't gonna be another Charl whore. Went Lornon.

Nakiro
03-09-2004, 03:18 PM
Another thing to note about chosing an alignment is the bonus for chosing a lesser spirit is not as greast as for chosing a major diety.

AnticorRifling
03-09-2004, 03:19 PM
Go V'tull or go home!

Mint
03-09-2004, 03:24 PM
You cannot hunt living with smite?

Bobmuhthol
03-09-2004, 03:30 PM
<<You cannot hunt living with smite?>>

You can, but the whole purpose of Smite or Bane is how effective the spells are. With Smite, you can cast it on living, but it's more effective with Bane.

Kitsun
03-09-2004, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Mint
You cannot hunt living with smite?

It deals half damage and I believe either infusions or insta-flash deaths are removed on opposing creature types.

So it isn't that it can't be done...but it is like using a fly swatter against a tank.

Uliq ran some numbers and the number of smiters to baners in the 1-60 range is 3-1. In the 60+ range, those numbers are reversed. It fits because those are the ranges in which the respective type has the most to hunt.

I got lucky in many ways, there is no way in hell my Nalfein cleric would've chosen to worship any but Andelas and I have it at the time where the living is the huntable majority.

Bobmuhthol
03-09-2004, 03:44 PM
302, Smite/Bane [SMITE]
CS based attack spell. Uses diety alignment for spell. Smite works best on undead, Bane works best on living. Mana cost is about 1/12 of creatures level (double against opposite alignment - casting smite on a living being or bane on undead). Can infuse mana randomly doing massive damage, amount and rate based on spiritual mana control - Can NOT infuse against opposite alignment. Most effective with open-handed casting in offensive stance.

Training in Spiritual Lore: Religion helps with this spell.

NOTE: To get open-handed casting bonus with this spell, you must have an open hand and type CHANNEL <target>. This will give you 3 seconds HARD RoundTime.

That should help.

Artha
03-09-2004, 05:26 PM
You can change to Charl. He uses bane, and is on Liabo.

Bobmuhthol
03-09-2004, 05:30 PM
CHARL, Lord of the Seas
Ice Age Name: Shaal
God of the Oceans, Storms, and Revolution
Symbol: an emerald trident on a field of blue
Pantheon: Liabo
Bane/Smite: Clerics who worship Charl will be able to cast Bane

Stupid symbol = Stupid deity.

TheEschaton
03-09-2004, 05:34 PM
Fuck you Bob.