PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for a lance alteration?

Androidpk
10-18-2009, 01:37 AM
Using an elegant golvern lance, which I love, but the whole elegant look doesn't really fit my warrior. Haven't been able to come up with something I like yet, so if anyone has a suggestion I'd love to hear them.

TheLastShamurai
10-18-2009, 01:41 AM
You could find the forger and have them polish it to another descriptor like fine, crude, hefty, etc.; bascially anything below elegant.

Androidpk
10-18-2009, 01:47 AM
Haven't thought about that. I plan on using this weapon indefinitely though so I'd like to spruce it up a little bit.

Back
10-18-2009, 01:54 AM
a worn golvern lance studded with pearls

BriarFox
10-18-2009, 02:00 AM
Using an elegant golvern lance, which I love, but the whole elegant look doesn't really fit my warrior. Haven't been able to come up with something I like yet, so if anyone has a suggestion I'd love to hear them.

Gimme a theme or an idea, or tell me what your warrior's attitude is.

Androidpk
10-18-2009, 02:02 AM
He's a berserker. He likes to go for long berserks along the beach. :)

BriarFox
10-18-2009, 02:05 AM
A rough golvern lance with a scarred ironwood haft

a dented golvern lance with iron studs along the haft

a honed lance forged from polished golvern

a golvern lance with a bearskin-wrapped haft

Back
10-18-2009, 02:20 AM
a polished golvern lance with a bloody barbed tip

Androidpk
10-18-2009, 02:34 AM
BTW I'll probably be using an alter scroll if that makes any difference.

Stunseed
10-18-2009, 02:35 AM
A polished golvern lance with random notches along the haft.

When asked about the notches, your Warrior says he takes count of the times he opens his eyes free of the berserker's rage and when something's still alive, he marks it on his weapon.

A reinforced golvern lance with a leather grip.

A spirial-hafted golvern pike.

Androidpk
10-18-2009, 02:38 AM
A polished golvern lance with random notches along the haft.

When asked about the notches, your Warrior says he takes count of the times he opens his eyes free of the berserker's rage and when something's still alive, he marks it on his weapon.

In that case there wouldn't be any notches. :)

Stunseed
10-18-2009, 02:41 AM
You asked for ideas. I always liked the thought of using the same notch idea to make the grip into the weapon itself. As he comes out of it and searches what remains he can mutter to himself, "Five-hundred and eleven...".

I'm a big fan of involving what you use towards the character.

phantasm
10-18-2009, 03:01 AM
An aurulent golvern lance with stately studded haft

ElvenFury
10-18-2009, 09:51 AM
a golvern lance with a long, thick, slightly curved wooden haft and a bulbous pommel

You'll be a hit with the ladies.

Ezio
10-18-2009, 09:54 AM
a painted golvern-tipped lance
This can have some sort of show of some worn painted heraldry, faded-colors, coat of arms, etc. if that's in your background. Or maybe you took it off of someone else. Since it's painted, people may want to inspect it further to take a look.

As for the notched thing, I have a bracelet with a similar description for my rogue and I rather like it a lot. It adds depth to the character. It also has a typo which I am too lazy to get fixed. Another aspect of my char. =P

a notched silver bracelet
The wide-cuffed bracelet is wrought of a pure, polished silver and finished with a sturdy clasp. Mostly devoid of adornment, the surface of the item is grooved with a myriad of notch marks, as though a toll is in the process of being recorded upon the metal. Some of the marks have a deep, jagged texture, while others are swift and shallow.

I have to give credit to a merchant for helping me flush out the words properly for this. But I also... forgot her name. -_-

So yeah, notches are cool. People are going to have to watch out for others who carry "notched" items, heh.

Androidpk
10-18-2009, 12:05 PM
You asked for ideas. I always liked the thought of using the same notch idea to make the grip into the weapon itself. As he comes out of it and searches what remains he can mutter to himself, "Five-hundred and eleven...".

I'm a big fan of involving what you use towards the character.

I get what you're trying to say, and I do like the idea. I'm pretty sure nothing has been left standing after I berserk though. I might try to incorporate that idea in some other way though.