PDA

View Full Version : Foraging in OTF

Sharnath
10-12-2009, 05:33 PM
Anyone have a good idea when I can start foraging there for bounties in relative safety?

Sharnath
Weed Mage

Sharnath
10-12-2009, 05:43 PM
Up less than 5 minutes and the first helpful information comes forth...

10-12-2009 04:36 PM when you GO TO HELL JERK

At least have the nuts to sign it, whoever you are.

Sharnath
Weed Mage

Methais
10-12-2009, 05:50 PM
Not sure if foraging pulls you out of invisiblity, but I'd think that invisible foraging would be your safest bet. Pretty sure there's no real safe areas up there that you can forage in.

Allow me to explain via this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zekiZYSVdeQ

BigWorm
10-12-2009, 05:52 PM
Actually OTF is one of the easiest places to do foraging bounties because a lot of things grow in the cottage which is totally safe. If you can survive the run through the Market Road and through the West Woods then you can do foraging bounties there.

WRoss
10-12-2009, 06:44 PM
a lot of stuff only forages in one room in the cottage. Then there are two rooms in the north east spur of OTF north. I started doing them as soon as I got them. You can also ask some people to help forage and they'll be willing. AIM me if you ever need the help.

Sharnath
10-12-2009, 07:22 PM
Thanks for the information. The next time I get a foraging bounty I'll try and make a run.

Sharnath
Weed Mage

Drakam
10-12-2009, 07:51 PM
the trees in the north woods area has a few foraging task items in there as well

Avern
10-12-2009, 07:56 PM
I've done a lot of foraging in OTF so here's what I know about foraging there. If you are low level, set a ring for the cottage. Many herbs can be found in the three rooms there which are completely safe. As for the other herbs, you'll have to forage in rooms that aren't safe so having access to spell 213 is a huge help. A large amount of other herbs can be found in the rooms outside the cottage (in Virilneus's Roomdata, they start at atlas ID 9580) where you will only need to deal with the lower level lesser constructs, gremlocks, and lich qyn'arj at night.

The most annoying herbs to forage are the ones that only spawn in the cottage niche and atlas room ID 9679 and room 9680 (this includes hydrangeas, begonias, and a bunch of others that were added in an update earlier this year). 9679 and 9680 are in OTF North so you will have to deal with Ithzir and Griffins if you want to forage there. However, the biggest annoyance is that herbs in these 3 locations are many times not available from others foraging them and are assigned a lot. Especially in primetime hours, there many times won't be enough herbs to forage if you get one that only spawns in these three rooms due to many players needing them. To try to help respawn these rooms, I spread out my foraging between these three rooms when I am assigned one of these herbs. For example, if I am assigned 9 herbs, I forage 3 from each room instead of 5 from one room and 4 from another so that all rooms will be respawning at the same time. Also, I only forage in the niche if I am assigned one of these herbs (the niche can also spawn most of the herbs that spawn in the cottage).

The remaining OTF herbs can be found at atlas ID 9565-9657 (West woods where only the low level gremlocks, etc spawn but very close to Ithzir spawn in west woods so sometimes have some wandering in), atlas ID 9549-9550 (Also in the west woods but Ithzir spawn here), Atlas ID 9551 (the only place you can forage mountain dryan and does have Ithzir), Atlas ID 9551 and 9643 (only two rooms to forage sky-blue delphinuris), the 3 water rooms in OTF north (with Ithzir), and the shore in OTF North which is Atlas ID 9666-9668 (Ithzir here too).

Sharnath
10-12-2009, 07:59 PM
Mass Calm work on the stuff in OTF?

Sharnath
Weed Mage