PDA

View Full Version : 0 to 25 in 3 weeks

FinisWolf
03-10-2004, 06:22 AM
[Edited on 4-30-2005 by FinisWolf]

ogurty
03-10-2004, 06:55 AM
write scripts which are very incognito, script 24/7, and hope you don't get caught.

or write scripts that hunt as fast as possible and actually watch them.

Artha
03-10-2004, 06:57 AM
I think the entire plan revolves around being able to hunt perfectly for 24 hours a day.

Xcalibur
03-10-2004, 07:59 AM
According to some math (would be somewhat wrong, though)

level 25 is around 700,000 experiences point

Dividing it by a flat 25 experience per minute would take... 28,000 minutes or 1120 hours or 46 days.

that's 1 month and half, NON STOP pulsing at 25 exp per.

If level 25 is 700,000 as my calculation showed, it's impossible to get in 21 days.

imported_Kranar
03-10-2004, 08:38 AM
28,000 minutes is 19 days and a half.

Bobmuhthol
03-10-2004, 08:42 AM
>exp
Level: 24 Deeds: 0
Experience: 695807 Deaths this level: 8
Exp. until next: 29193 Death Recovery: 0

Level 25 = 725,000 experience

Xcalibur
03-10-2004, 08:53 AM
725,000 experience points, 25 per minute= 28000/60 = 467 hours
= 19 days, Kranar was right, I made a mistake there or here.

19 days NON stop, so if you take 24 hours (a day) and presume you can only play maximum 8 hours, (1/3) (which is still a DAMN LOT), you must multiply it by 3, to make a grand total of 60 days.

Scripting is dangerous but would take only 2 weeks, playing it safe makes it to 2 months.

So, yeah it's possible, 24 hours per day, 25 experience absorbing PER minute EVERY DAMN pulse.

Booh, huh?

Rogue Slayer
03-10-2004, 02:17 PM
wheres the fun in script hunting? Bah!

Artha
03-10-2004, 02:22 PM
Where's the fun in delivering messages, making iron, or killing rats until you're powerful enough to hunt something worthwhile?

Xcalibur
03-10-2004, 03:07 PM
3 solutions to age fast:

Befriend trusty people and let them hunt your character when you're not there (risky somewhat)

Hire someone (paying with silvers or real money) that is well "known" (so got a good reputation) to level your character when you're not there (less risk)

Buy an already high level character (booh)

I think it was someone like soulpieced, methais, alfador or someone of the like that said that when DR would be really in, it'd be impossible for probably all new character to cap.

booh, huh?

Anebriated
03-10-2004, 03:09 PM
not cap, i think it was stated that it would be next to impossible for them to max out all skills(which takes approx. 7 years of non stop pulsing to reach)

Reyek
03-12-2004, 01:01 AM
how about for peeps that were over the cap when gs4 hit?

DaMaGe
03-19-2004, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
>exp
Level: 24 Deeds: 0
Experience: 695807 Deaths this level: 8
Exp. until next: 29193 Death Recovery: 0

Haha, you've got no deeds.

I SMITE THEE!

-Adam

Celexei
03-19-2004, 11:30 PM
peep, there those little marshmallow bunnies and chicks at easter time, and i think christmas as well, possibly halloween?!?!?!?

Reyek
03-20-2004, 01:35 AM
Peeps slang for People

Celexei
03-20-2004, 02:12 AM
and they also taste good, specially the ittle blue ones... MMMMMmmmm

Mint
03-20-2004, 04:49 AM
Crap, 0 to 25 in three weeks? Took me months and I just titled. I really should learn to script hunt I guess.

Fengus
03-20-2004, 03:20 PM
You could improve that quite a bit, especially with the free rerolls we get nowadays. Roll up your char to maximize early effectiveness, including good exp gain, get your desired level then reroll to a normal configuration, that leaves you with 4 rerolls left.

At any rate you can easily get 30-32 per pulse on a node, which shaves a few days off the 24/7 scripting. I can't imagine how you could do it without getting caught though.

ElanthianSiren
03-20-2004, 06:31 PM
What I find really hillarious is that there is this guy who hunts up in Ta'illistim, and sometimes I take little ones up into that area.

Now, like I mentioned, he and several others script hunt this one, fairly young area, and we run around picking up their dragon's tear diamonds, sapphires, glimaerstones etc behind them. It's beautiful.

Yay for all your scripters out there. I love you.

-Melissa

[Edited on Sat, March th, 2004 by ElanthianSiren]

Celexei
03-20-2004, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by FinisWolf

::raspberry:: Celexi :-)

Finiswolf

I'm gonna teach ya how to read and then rewrite someday Finis :rasp to you:

Caipre
03-23-2004, 03:12 PM
OK ... so how does script hunting really work? Do they just keep hunting the same level (getting less experience with each kill as they level up)? Or do they stop the script and go hunt something else with a rewriten script? I'm not interested in script hunting but want to get the max benefits of live hunting. So if there is a secret in the scripts that I can use in RT, I'd be interested.

Galleazzo
03-23-2004, 04:53 PM
The secret of the scripts are so folks can go play computer games, IM their friends, take a shower, make dinner or read a book while they gain levels.

Latrinsorm
03-23-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Caipre
OK ... so how does script hunting really work?A script is similar to a computer program. It follows a series of (maddeningly, in this case) simple instructions. The basis of script hunting is this:
1) a script can move your character around a pre-defined loop and stop movement when a certain string is received from the game. This string can be anything, but in this case is the name of a creature.
2) a script can attack creatures, with varying levels of sophistication.
3) a script can recognize a dead creature, with varying levels of sophistication.
4) a script can skin, search, and obtain treasure from a dead creature, with varying levels of sophistication.
5) finally, a script can continue movement around the pre-defined loop.

With various methods, a script can return the character to town (and even unload treasure) when certain criteria are met; experience, encumberance, roundtime, amount of silvers, etc. A script can also recognize other characters and strings indicative of other characters, which prevents poaching.

Basically, a script can do everything a player can do, but faster. The more comprehensive a script is, the more it will approach human behavior. Of course, no computer simulation can currently simulate true behavior, but scripts in Gemstone can do an adequate job of mimcking player-controlled hunting. A very well-written script will require no input from the player.

This is the catch. Simutronics policy states that AFK scripting is a major no-no. Thus it is generally not a good idea to go shower, or some of the other things Galleazzo suggested.

There is no secret to scripts that can be applied to make live hunting easier or more efficient.

Galleazzo
03-24-2004, 10:11 AM
Yep, except come on. I fear for the health of anyone too lazy to punch buttons while hunting, and I bet most script hunters are 350+ lb wideloads or they're doing other things.

Latrinsorm
03-24-2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Galleazzo
Yep, except come on. I fear for the health of anyone too lazy to punch buttons while hunting, and I bet most script hunters are 350+ lb wideloads or they're doing other things. Seeing as how I can barely scratch out 150 after a big dinner with a few bricks in my pockets, yes, other things can be done. I'm just making sure the questioner knows what things would be better (talking on AIM, reading something, etch-a-sketch) than others (riflery, going to the store, orgies) because keeping at least one eye on the screen prevents being punished, generally. And I don't want to get anyone in trouble. :saint:

Galleazzo
03-24-2004, 03:03 PM
I'm just making sure the questioner knows what things would be better (talking on AIM, reading something, etch-a-sketch) than others (riflery, going to the store, orgies) because keeping at least one eye on the screen prevents being punished, generally.
It sure is possible to be in an orgy while playing an online game.

:cool:

(Okay, okay, a threeway. Dunno about an orgy.)

:cool:

Caipre
03-24-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Latrinsorm

OK ... so how does script hunting really work?A script is similar to a computer program. It follows a series of (maddeningly, in this case) simple instructions. The basis of script hunting is this:

I understand the concept of scripting and use some scripts myself to automate some things. I'm just trying to see if, besides more time, there is anything else in a script that helps them to age so quickly. Is there anything in these scripts that I can practice in real time that would help me gain more experience during the time I am in game?

Fengus
03-24-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Latrinsorm
Basically, a script can do everything a player can do, but faster.

A script cannot do everything a good player can do. I've yet to even see a good scripter. Predominately they are one of two things, hunting incredibly simple critters, or so high level or spelled up that the critters can't touch them.

Case in point I can hunt a somewhat dangerous area with little or no worry about dying because I can react to a room's condition and react as the conditions change. All your script is seeing is critter names, it won't recognize that seeing two of such and such creature makes it too dangerous, not that the script language available even has such capabilities.

[Edited on 3-24-2004 by Fengus]

Pagelinn
03-24-2004, 04:13 PM
Ok, I have read, and re-read how folks get their young chars to 25 in 3 weeks. I don't want your scripts, but I would like to know ... your ... basic plan of attack, so I can work some of my young characters up to a level where they are worth playing. Thanks for any positive input.

Finiswolf

CRAZINESS!!

How do you people DO THAT. Honestly. It's taken me playing GS on and off for 8 years to get Pagelinn where she is now, and her friends are STILL older than her. By way too much to be considered healthy.

I think its ridiculous how I quit for not even a year from last december and I came back to about 20 high lord/ladies that were definitely younger than Page....

Can someone explain if its lack of sleep and constant GS play..

lack or RP and embracing the scripts..

Or Page just talks and eats too much to ever gain experience. hehehe

Latrinsorm
03-24-2004, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Fengus
All your script is seeing is critter names, it won't recognize that seeing two of such and such creature makes it too dangerous, not that the script language available even has such capabilities. I could easily make a script that recognizes multiple creatures (and runs from them) with the Wizard language. I would also bet that it would react faster than you, given similar lag. There are things players can do that scripts cannot, chiefly recognize new things and events, which is why I said "Basically". The fundamentals of combat are very easy to script, at least for squares. I haven't made any pure scripts, but I doubt very much it's noticeably harder, if it's harder at all.
I understand the concept of scripting and use some scripts myself to automate some things.Just making sure. :D
I'm just trying to see if, besides more time, there is anything else in a script that helps them to age so quickly. Is there anything in these scripts that I can practice in real time that would help me gain more experience during the time I am in game?Nope.

Galleazzo
03-24-2004, 04:49 PM
Easy: there are people out there hunting 50 hours a week. That's how they go zero-to-level cap in 3 years flat.

I don't get it. Xbox games are a lot cheaper and got way better graphics and sound if that's all you want to do.

TheEschaton
03-24-2004, 05:01 PM
Case in point I can hunt a somewhat dangerous area with little or no worry about dying because I can react to a room's condition and react as the conditions change. All your script is seeing is critter names, it won't recognize that seeing two of such and such creature makes it too dangerous, not that the script language available even has such capabilities.

In the wizard, sure. If I had the time and the inclination (and maybe someone paid me) I could make a fairly pseudo-intelligent bot that played Gemstone for you, in zMUD.

Hunting tactics are easy. Say you're in a one on one battle, and a second monster comes in. You want to continue attacking the first, but not have to suffer against the second. I could program something that watched the timing, when the second one swung, attack the first, and so on, and so forth, or, maybe, if you're a rogue, sweep the second, attack the first, etc, etc. zMUD is teh rox0r. The only difficult part would be the inference of which is the second critter coming in, as in the following log:

>n
>
[Lower Dragonsclaw, Forest]
You notice a kobold, some light leather, a wooden shield, a short sword, a wooden shield and some light leather.
Obvious paths: north, south
>
A kobold swings a short sword at you!
You parry the attack with your claidhmore!

A kobold just arrived!
>
A kobold bares her fangs as she approaches!

AS: +36 vs DS: +121 with AvD: +33 + d100 roll: +98 = +46
A clean miss.
>
AS: +36 vs DS: +121 with AvD: +33 + d100 roll: +2 = -50
A clean miss.

In this example, in the second two attacks, the program would have to infer which was the attack from the second (new) kobold.

In general, if the first critter swings, and the second walks in, the first one will swing/act first, and the second one will swing/act second, which is the paradigm I would probably work off of. It would be trickier with multiple critter types, with the target having two or more critters (IE, two kobolds and a rolton) as the rolton's attack/movement timing might be quicker/slower.

-TheE-

Latrinsorm
03-24-2004, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by TheEschaton
which is the paradigmWe've got to change the paradiggum JIMMY!.... Think outside of the box...

mmmm commercials. :D

AnticorRifling
04-11-2005, 09:00 AM
You're not factoring in a couple of things.

1. XXX exp is godly for those lower lvls when it takes like no exp to gain a lvl. You can do 0-5 in about a day with that.

2. Using the thrak and taking his quiz is faster exp than hunting.

3. Pretty sure the sprite quest is the same as #2.

I've done 0-16 or so very fast but I generally get bored and delete the char.

Best way to do it is max combat (sword and shield) so that you can have max AS and DS so you're script can hunt faster and safer. Screw any skill that isn't for EXP gain you have fast migration to put a real training plan together after you have as many lvls as you can get under your belt in those first 30 days.

Xcalibur
04-11-2005, 09:22 AM
Exactly

And between 0-10, 2X FA and survival.

A minimum of 300k in your bank account.

Dwarven Empath
04-11-2005, 09:57 AM
0-20 is easy for swingers

So I heard...

AnticorRifling
04-11-2005, 11:04 AM
Celember is so full of shit his eyes are brown.

Dwarven Empath
04-14-2005, 11:27 AM
Since you can go to 0-5 levels in about 8-10 hours, the thread should be 6-25 in 20 days.

Now that's easy to do. Just ask Anticor.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Peace...

hectomaner
04-14-2005, 01:19 PM

And of course you set-up skills to pwn till your 30 day migration is over..., though the STAT advantage is now gone...

Finiswolf

you still get the 5 allocations in your first 30 days.

also, tried checking into an inn and using a stat reallocation lately? they still work ;)

hectomaner
04-14-2005, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Celember
Since you can go to 0-5 levels in about 8-10 hours, the thread should be 6-25 in 20 days.

Now that's easy to do. Just ask Anticor.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Peace...

0-5 in 8-10 hours? are you nuts? you can get from 0-5 1/2 or 6 in your first set of xxx alone, and not even needing to swing until you hit 5

AnticorRifling
04-14-2005, 01:48 PM
Yup, he's using that number on a low end of it though. The way he and I have our scripts set up we can rocket to 25-30 no problem.

The only issue is finding time to spend in game and when getting in game taking away from playing the main chars.

Raulin
04-28-2005, 12:19 AM
Someone want to send me a decent hunting scripted for my level 9 wizard? he's 1x in shield and OHE.

Xcalibur
04-28-2005, 08:39 AM
Hirsh... that gotta be hard, stay in rats till 10 and buy 4X gear, then move on to either urghs or somewhere that easy.

AnticorRifling
04-28-2005, 04:30 PM
Actually Finiswolf he's right in this case. I've seen him rocket some characters through lvl's pretty damn fast and believe it or not he does make some decently trained characters. He might not present his information in the best manner but in this case I'll agree with him.

Dwarven Empath
04-28-2005, 05:42 PM
That silverback orcs script works wonders

StrayRogue
04-29-2005, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling
Actually Finiswolf he's right in this case. I've seen him rocket some characters through lvl's pretty damn fast and believe it or not he does make some decently trained characters. He might not present his information in the best manner but in this case I'll agree with him.

Shame he doesn't know fuck about the actual mechanics.

Tromp
04-29-2005, 10:44 AM
I have a 10 train bard in Vaalor. Would any of those scripts work for him?

Xcalibur
04-30-2005, 10:09 AM
ehhhhh.... yo Anticor!:)

It always depends also on the "level" of attention you put in the game.

When someone is as occupied as me and want to gain exp with minimum attention on the game, scripting in rats till 10 is a good idea.

Otherwise it ain't, since you lose a LOT of experience per pulse because of your presence in the hunting area AND having your weapon out.

So for any 2Xing character, doubling in brawl + FA + Survival is the best option as you gain REAL high experience and damn money.

If you do it for the money, 2X ohe and wield a knife:)

Problem with scripting is the fact that after a certain level, you need to stance dance in most cases... and that's hard to put in the script.

StrayRogue
04-30-2005, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Xcalibur

Problem with scripting is the fact that after a certain level, you need to stance dance in most cases... and that's hard to put in the script.

Yeah, this is why I don't script Stay. Wizards and other pures (who use warding) are damn easy to script however.

StrayRogue
04-30-2005, 06:04 PM
Yes, it does help if you can get a full spellup prior to each hunt.

Latrinsorm
04-30-2005, 06:18 PM
Stance dancing in a script is as easy as pie.It's actually impossible against more than one creature.

Latrinsorm
04-30-2005, 06:21 PM
That's like saying you can fly until you hit the ground. There's no point to dancing if you're going to get wailed on in offensive a good portion of the time (assuming there are classes out there that can't take a hit in offensive :cool: ).

StrayRogue
04-30-2005, 06:21 PM

Originally posted by StrayRogue
Yes, it does help if you can get a full spellup prior to each hunt.

Everyone can get a full spellup ... hell I give em away. Just happens I can get em rather easily.

Finis

The majority of peoples scripts aren't designed to work with having every spell in the game in mind. Hence why its stupid to say scripting high level swingers is easy. It might be easy under certain conditions, but not normal conditions.